Yet another teammate of Lance..

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:31pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=6571826

Report: George Hincapie names Lance

So George, who has never tested positive for PED's comes forward and incriminates himself and Lance.

What prerogative would a seemingly innocent man have in ratting himself out?
|
yzthumpa
5/21/2011 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2011 6:16pm
TripleFive wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=6571826 [b]Report: George Hincapie names Lance[/b] So George, who has never tested positive for PED's comes forward and incriminates himself and Lance. What prerogative would a...

So George, who has never tested positive for PED's comes forward and incriminates himself and Lance.

I have to admit - that one got my attention.
That being said, I never really gave a shit because I believed that the use of PEDs was so widespread, it amounted to a level playing field. If Lance was clean and the rest weren't, more power to him. But if he was using, it's not like some other top contender was clean and got screwed out of a title.
SteveS
5/21/2011 10:05pm
I admit. I saw him using PED's too.

The Shop

borg
5/22/2011 7:40am
TripleFive wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=6571826 [b]Report: George Hincapie names Lance[/b] So George, who has never tested positive for PED's comes forward and incriminates himself and Lance. What prerogative would a...

yzthumpa wrote:
I have to admit - that one got my attention. That being said, I never really gave a shit because I believed that the use of...
I have to admit - that one got my attention.
That being said, I never really gave a shit because I believed that the use of PEDs was so widespread, it amounted to a level playing field. If Lance was clean and the rest weren't, more power to him. But if he was using, it's not like some other top contender was clean and got screwed out of a title.
Are you a Democrat?
Sherwood
5/22/2011 10:05am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2011 10:06am
TripleFive wrote:

He want's to write books and do a movie.

As for athletes they are all doing something illegal or unethical to gain an advantage?

Just think, Lance is not only one of the best cyclist in the world but one of the best cheaters to get away with it for this long.
TerryB
5/22/2011 10:15am
Who cares! I agree with Thumpa, it was a level playing field.
flarider
5/22/2011 10:28am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2011 10:31am
TerryB wrote:
But they're going to keep going after him like a pitbull for using USPS (Gov't) money for illegal activities.
Sherwood
5/22/2011 10:44am
TerryB wrote:
flarider wrote:
But they're going to keep going after him like a pitbull for using USPS (Gov't) money for illegal activities.
I consider this crap the modern day witch hunt.

They can ruin someone when they didn't do anything wrong by saying I have your name on this paper.
Mod Killer
5/22/2011 1:52pm
guilty til proven innocent. gotta love this country.
yzthumpa
5/22/2011 2:45pm
Still doubt if they'll prove him guilty whether he is or not. Bottom line - how many tests did he pass and how many did he fail?
But here's what gets me: if it's a level playing field and they are all on drugs, Lance beats the other druggies. If it's a level playing field and none are on drugs, Lance still beats the others. If Lance is the only one not on drugs and the rest are, and he still beats them, then Lance is a god (and so he would have you believe). But imagine this scenario: what if Lance is the cycling god most believe him to be, and instead of doing drugs to keep from falling behind the others who are drugging, he instead exposes the sport for what it is, leads the charge in cleaning it up, then still wins all his titles with everyone clean. That would have made a much more compelling story. As much as I loved watching him race - I never followed cycling otherwise but watched the Tour de France religiously back to the LeMond days - I always did think the guy was an asshole.
Matt414
5/22/2011 3:04pm
Here's something for you guys to think about. 80% of the riders that finished in the top 10 of all 7 tours Lance won, have either failed a drug test/served a ban, or been strongly implicated in a doping ring. Not just hear say either.

I am sure I'll catch flack, but whatever. You guys have no clue about how this works or what their after.

A big thing that people fail to see in the Federal Investigation is that it's not so much after Lance. But rather his ties with drug companies. There is a lot talk that they aren't after him as much as the drug companies for releasing pre clinical trial stuff to him and other teammates.

With how new drugs are developed and how long it takes them, for example if a drug hits market today, it has likely been in existence for around 15 years or maybe even longer. Thats how long it takes to clear testing and what not. Now if someone were to get ahold of a new generation EPO, CERA etc type drug. They could take it and not fail a test. If you were tested for CERA 5 years ago, you wouldn't fail and nothing would look weird on your test. CERA and EPO create new blood cells in completely different ways. One test WILL NOT show the other. The test are VERY specific and they only test for what they know the riders are on.

Another thing. They can't test for blood packing or blood transfusions. Plenty of teams remove blood, extract red blood cells and replace it back in. And in grand tours, it was common to do transfusions of your own blood to help recover faster. There's not testing for any of that.

And as for why Floyd or Tyler would now come clean? Well, things can eat at you for a long time. They both got a shitty deal. Floyd is one of the nicest guys I've ever meet any where in the world. I am proud to say I am friends with him. I spent a good bit of time training with him last winter. He was a changed person, for the better, after last year when everything finally came out. And Tyler, I don't know him but we have plenty of mutual friends. And I don't know a single person that has a bad thing to say about him that actually knows him.

Yet another point. If you lie to Pat McQuaid (UCI president), WADA, UCI etc, you lose your job at worst. You lie to the feds, and you can to federal pound you in the ass prison. There's a big difference between these guys being asked about others doping when WADA asks them and the feds asking questions.

One last point. I don't know anyone that knows Lance and likes him. Yea, you might have meet him at some autograph thing and thought he was great, and he raises money for cancer, etc. But I still don't know anyone that really likes him or has much positive to say about him as a person.

Now, I am sure no one will believe any of what I have to say or whatever. But, no one on here believes what is posted about how things work in moto either, so this shouldn't be any different.
J.F.S
5/22/2011 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2011 3:41pm
I dont understand why anyone who is interested in sports would defend a cheater. By cheating, Lance stole from guys that did not cheat. Imagine training your ass off for a whole life and be beat by a cheater. Fuck Lance and the rest of the cheaters in sports.
Matt414
5/22/2011 3:59pm
J.F.S wrote:
I dont understand why anyone who is interested in sports would defend a cheater. By cheating, Lance stole from guys that did not cheat. Imagine training...
I dont understand why anyone who is interested in sports would defend a cheater. By cheating, Lance stole from guys that did not cheat. Imagine training your ass off for a whole life and be beat by a cheater. Fuck Lance and the rest of the cheaters in sports.
HA! Not defending Lance. But do you really think that the guys that dope don't train? If you do, then I am not sure I can have a conversation with you about this.
J.F.S
5/22/2011 4:11pm
J.F.S wrote:
I dont understand why anyone who is interested in sports would defend a cheater. By cheating, Lance stole from guys that did not cheat. Imagine training...
Matt414 wrote:
HA! Not defending Lance. But do you really think that the guys that dope don't train? If you do, then I am not sure I can...
HA! Not defending Lance. But do you really think that the guys that dope don't train? If you do, then I am not sure I can have a conversation with you about this.
All I am saying is that they guys that dont dope train as much, if not more, but get cheated. So again, fuck Lance and all the other cheaters in sports.
5/22/2011 9:25pm
Hey Matt, what would you say the likelihood is that blood packing is occurring in motocross?

I've been convinced that MX is dirty for years..
Matt414
5/22/2011 9:29pm
TripleFive wrote:
Hey Matt, what would you say the likelihood is that blood packing is occurring in motocross?

I've been convinced that MX is dirty for years..
Very very doubtful. I'd be willing to bet there is some doping going on. But, blood packing would be very unlikely. Blood packing is much more expensive and dangerous then just using epo. Packing is more beneficial also for transfusion type stuff. Day in day out. With the testing, lack there of, for moto. EPO would be much easier, cheaper, safer.
ocscottie
5/22/2011 9:33pm
Just watched the 60min episode from tonight. You could tell how much this affected Tyler.
Sandberm
5/22/2011 9:48pm
Sounds like cycling is about who has the best access to doctors/chemists in the know and which teams have the most influence over the governing body.

The only way pro sports such as cycling will get clean, is not testing, but pulling the money through disgrace of the sport. If no one watches it, sponsers will pull away and the purity of a club ride will be the result. If theres good money to be made, then the cheating will continue.
Mod Killer
5/23/2011 1:02am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2011 1:06am
Matt414 wrote:
Here's something for you guys to think about. 80% of the riders that finished in the top 10 of all 7 tours Lance won, have either...
Here's something for you guys to think about. 80% of the riders that finished in the top 10 of all 7 tours Lance won, have either failed a drug test/served a ban, or been strongly implicated in a doping ring. Not just hear say either.

I am sure I'll catch flack, but whatever. You guys have no clue about how this works or what their after.

A big thing that people fail to see in the Federal Investigation is that it's not so much after Lance. But rather his ties with drug companies. There is a lot talk that they aren't after him as much as the drug companies for releasing pre clinical trial stuff to him and other teammates.

With how new drugs are developed and how long it takes them, for example if a drug hits market today, it has likely been in existence for around 15 years or maybe even longer. Thats how long it takes to clear testing and what not. Now if someone were to get ahold of a new generation EPO, CERA etc type drug. They could take it and not fail a test. If you were tested for CERA 5 years ago, you wouldn't fail and nothing would look weird on your test. CERA and EPO create new blood cells in completely different ways. One test WILL NOT show the other. The test are VERY specific and they only test for what they know the riders are on.

Another thing. They can't test for blood packing or blood transfusions. Plenty of teams remove blood, extract red blood cells and replace it back in. And in grand tours, it was common to do transfusions of your own blood to help recover faster. There's not testing for any of that.

And as for why Floyd or Tyler would now come clean? Well, things can eat at you for a long time. They both got a shitty deal. Floyd is one of the nicest guys I've ever meet any where in the world. I am proud to say I am friends with him. I spent a good bit of time training with him last winter. He was a changed person, for the better, after last year when everything finally came out. And Tyler, I don't know him but we have plenty of mutual friends. And I don't know a single person that has a bad thing to say about him that actually knows him.

Yet another point. If you lie to Pat McQuaid (UCI president), WADA, UCI etc, you lose your job at worst. You lie to the feds, and you can to federal pound you in the ass prison. There's a big difference between these guys being asked about others doping when WADA asks them and the feds asking questions.

One last point. I don't know anyone that knows Lance and likes him. Yea, you might have meet him at some autograph thing and thought he was great, and he raises money for cancer, etc. But I still don't know anyone that really likes him or has much positive to say about him as a person.

Now, I am sure no one will believe any of what I have to say or whatever. But, no one on here believes what is posted about how things work in moto either, so this shouldn't be any different.
thanx for the awesome post.

in my limited experience in cycling, the best a human being can do naturally is get to about a cat-2 level. everything ive ever heard is that EVERY guy riding at the tour de france level is cheating one way or another. these are highly competitive guys that are competitive beyond most peoples comprehension.

throw in the fact that cyclists are a odd bunch to begin with and its just a real foreign world for most to understand.

bottom line is lance never got caught, and never will. and the guys he beat were no doubt cheating themselves.

im sure at some point we'll find out the real reason tyler is coming out about this. not that it affects his credibility imo. even jose canseco had a motive, but he has never been caught in a lie.

the cycling/pharma world is what matt414 says it is. and imo, i do not see the point of testing for stuff youre never going to catch. its a losing battle. its hard to call a guy a cheater when everyone on the starting line is doing the same thing in one fashion or another.

despite all the "cheating"....it takes nothing away from the amount of work that these guys put into there athletic careers. it only goes to show their competitive spirit. show me an athlete who isnt willing to cheat or take PED's if they know it will make them a champion and i will show you a liar.
Spartacus
5/23/2011 8:14am
It's what I want my tax dollars to go to, chasing LA..........

Fuking NOT!
flarider
5/23/2011 8:26am
Spartacus wrote:

Fuking NOT!
Going to law enforcement and an investigation of a possible improper or illegal use of government funds
J.F.S
5/23/2011 8:36am
Spartacus wrote:

Fuking NOT!
Is Lance the only illegal drug user/buyer you dont want to chase or does that go for every user of illegal drugs?
newmann
5/23/2011 10:33am
J.F.S wrote:
Matt414 wrote:
HA! Not defending Lance. But do you really think that the guys that dope don't train? If you do, then I am not sure I can...
J.F.S wrote:
All I am saying is that they guys that dont dope train as much, if not more, but get cheated. So again, fuck Lance and all...
All I am saying is that they guys that dont dope train as much, if not more, but get cheated. So again, fuck Lance and all the other cheaters in sports.
You're mad because Lance beat an entire field of dopers?

And wouldn't the dopers be able to train at least as much, if not more?
Spartacus
5/23/2011 11:28am
Spartacus wrote:

Fuking NOT!
J.F.S wrote:
Is Lance the only illegal drug user/buyer you dont want to chase or does that go for every user of illegal drugs?
Point being, millions of tax payer dollars are used fraudulently by government contractors all the time, amounts that make any possible misuse by US Postal pale by comparison. I'd rather my tax dollars go after the big fish and not some witch hunt, be it track/base ball or some guy with shaved legs.

They're all easy marks so some freaks in Washington look good and get reelected. Going after, lets say, a defense contractor is a dangerous slope.

I don't agree with the guy on a lot but someone just said, and I paraphrase, " with the serious issues we have in the country/world we shouldn't get distracted by the carnies and sideshow barkers" .

Sports doping = sideshow in this climate.
J.F.S
5/23/2011 11:36am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2011 11:37am
Matt414 wrote:
J.F.S wrote:
All I am saying is that they guys that dont dope train as much, if not more, but get cheated. So again, fuck Lance and all...
newmann wrote:
You're mad because Lance beat an entire field of dopers?

And wouldn't the dopers be able to train at least as much, if not more?
Not at all, but if only one guy in the field did not dope, then he was unfairly beaten. That one guy would be the only worthy winner. The dopers are probably able to train as much as they want, but the guys that are not cheating are the victims, they bust their balls as much, if not more than the cheaters, but are not rewarded, if cheaters like Lance come and steal the titles. Imagine how much you have to train in order to participate in a tour, it is a whole life of training. Train your whole life and then be cheated by cheaters is no ok.
Sherwood
5/23/2011 11:54am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2011 11:54am
He also used an "illegal" drug when he had cancer... Kill the man.

Post a reply to: Yet another teammate of Lance..

The Latest