1890th
Edited Date/Time 1/5/2021 8:28am

|
JeremyK
1/2/2021 7:23am
I don't think anyone is really surprised
factoryfatty
1/2/2021 8:07am
What a weird situation. China with a population of 2 billion and the densest populations in the world, is officially reporting pretty much no more deaths since March, and only 20 or so positive cases per day. Your not going to convince me that the communist party is some sort of magical genius of viral containment.
OldPro277
1/2/2021 8:42am
What a weird situation. China with a population of 2 billion and the densest populations in the world, is officially reporting pretty much no more deaths...
What a weird situation. China with a population of 2 billion and the densest populations in the world, is officially reporting pretty much no more deaths since March, and only 20 or so positive cases per day. Your not going to convince me that the communist party is some sort of magical genius of viral containment.
However---"reporting" is the key word in your analysis.
APLMAN99
1/2/2021 9:31am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2021 9:32am
What a weird situation. China with a population of 2 billion and the densest populations in the world, is officially reporting pretty much no more deaths...
My guess is that they didn’t have too many local sheriffs refusing to enforce their strict quarantine measures, and punishment for breaking quarantine was pretty swift, severe and permanent.....

Meanwhile we don’t have a single, unified directive for transmission prevention and a lot of people don’t even believe that the virus is actually real.

The Shop

JustMX
1/2/2021 9:34am
Hear it is nearly 0 cases in uygher camps....

I am not an anti maker or somebody who thinks it is a hoax. It is real.

So is the freedom to not be welded into your home, or feel like with all the options out there, you at least have a chance of seeing some truth reported and knowing that no matter how nutty some news might be, at least they probably are not going to be thrown in jail for having a different viewpoint.
factoryfatty
1/2/2021 12:00pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
My guess is that they didn’t have too many local sheriffs refusing to enforce their strict quarantine measures, and punishment for breaking quarantine was pretty swift...
My guess is that they didn’t have too many local sheriffs refusing to enforce their strict quarantine measures, and punishment for breaking quarantine was pretty swift, severe and permanent.....

Meanwhile we don’t have a single, unified directive for transmission prevention and a lot of people don’t even believe that the virus is actually real.

Let me reiterate, your not going to convince me that the communist party is some sort of magical genius of viral containment.

Now a genius at controlling the messaging and visual of a situation. That I could believe.
rhargrave431
1/2/2021 12:05pm
And California with the most strict lockdown in the country, is surging.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
1/2/2021 2:23pm
Because they are still basically not restricting travel in and out like we have , I don’t see it getting any better either
tunedlength
1/2/2021 3:55pm
In other news
China shifting to renewable energy and will be zero polluter very soon!
Niú shǐ
APLMAN99
1/2/2021 4:13pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
My guess is that they didn’t have too many local sheriffs refusing to enforce their strict quarantine measures, and punishment for breaking quarantine was pretty swift...

Let me reiterate, your not going to convince me that the communist party is some sort of magical genius of viral containment. Now a genius at...
Let me reiterate, your not going to convince me that the communist party is some sort of magical genius of viral containment.

Now a genius at controlling the messaging and visual of a situation. That I could believe.
I don't think that it has anything to do with genius, nor is it discounting misinformation, which I am certain is occurring.

Combine their lack of free press with their ruthless enforcement of whatever combination of quarantine efforts that they may wish to impose and it's not surprising to see them have huge crowds at anything right now.

The truth in China could be anywhere on the spectrum, from they just stopped counting deaths and are letting it cull some of their population to they locked people in their homes and did basically eradicate the virus (including 'fatal accidents'' for anyone with Covid symptoms).

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Chinese died at home with Covid over the last 12 months in order to not get tested and have most of their families 'disappear' as well.
Fonzarelli
1/2/2021 4:18pm
Let me reiterate, your not going to convince me that the communist party is some sort of magical genius of viral containment. Now a genius at...

Keeping people locked in their homes seems to be right in a Communists police state's wheelhouse. I don't know why it's hard to believe they did that.
factoryfatty
1/2/2021 6:39pm

Fonzarelli wrote:
Keeping people locked in their homes seems to be right in a Communists police state's wheelhouse. I don't know why it's hard to believe they did...
Keeping people locked in their homes seems to be right in a Communists police state's wheelhouse. I don't know why it's hard to believe they did that.
We’re talking about the same country that in 2019 had to slaughter and burn half they’re pigs because they let the African Swine Flu burn through it’s ag system. The same country that still uses voodoo and rhino horn powder in they’re hospital system to cure cancer.

There’s got to be more going on under the surface than they locked everybody up.
1/2/2021 8:59pm
Communism. Chernobyl was basically no big deal either for a quick second. it’ll catch up with them.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/2/2021 9:18pm
What lockdown meaures are in place in Cali? I heard its pretty bad there.

Chance1216
1/2/2021 9:38pm
Boomslang wrote:

Seems similar to Washington. No non essential travel, no indoor dining, 100% face masks in stores. Reduced capacities etc. Hungry Valley OHV park is open. People out riding. My cousin went today.
APLMAN99
1/3/2021 9:53am
Boomslang wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:
Seems similar to Washington. No non essential travel, no indoor dining, 100% face masks in stores. Reduced capacities etc. Hungry Valley OHV park is open. People...
Seems similar to Washington. No non essential travel, no indoor dining, 100% face masks in stores. Reduced capacities etc. Hungry Valley OHV park is open. People out riding. My cousin went today.
Do you know of anyone who’s had any issues with travel within the state? I don’t.

Here in NCW the only thing that you really notice is the dine in seating restrictions, and the screenings at work. Obviously you wear a mask in stores, but have yet to be stopped to determine if my travel is essential or anything.

Same with my kids in Seattle and Portland. My oldest daughter said that going to Vancouver (across state lines) is a little bit faster because there are a few less cars on the road, but other than that not too much difference.
71Fish
1/3/2021 10:21am
Crazy. They must have really, really, really good medical. Or, they are full of shit and the rest of the world is gullible.
CM_84
1/3/2021 11:47am
71Fish wrote:
Crazy. They must have really, really, really good medical. Or, they are full of shit and the rest of the world is gullible.
I don’t think the rest of the world is gullible.
I don’t think anyone actually believes their “numbers”
Chance1216
1/3/2021 12:19pm
Boomslang wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:
Seems similar to Washington. No non essential travel, no indoor dining, 100% face masks in stores. Reduced capacities etc. Hungry Valley OHV park is open. People...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Do you know of anyone who’s had any issues with travel within the state? I don’t. Here in NCW the only thing that you really notice...
Do you know of anyone who’s had any issues with travel within the state? I don’t.

Here in NCW the only thing that you really notice is the dine in seating restrictions, and the screenings at work. Obviously you wear a mask in stores, but have yet to be stopped to determine if my travel is essential or anything.

Same with my kids in Seattle and Portland. My oldest daughter said that going to Vancouver (across state lines) is a little bit faster because there are a few less cars on the road, but other than that not too much difference.
Just people returning from other states. A supervisor left the state for vacation. Right about the time the Governor announced a two week quarantine for travelers. He took a week off work, then an additional two for quarantine upon returning to his surprise. I wanted to go down to California this May for riding but, not if it costs me three weeks pay.
APLMAN99
1/3/2021 12:38pm
Chance1216 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Do you know of anyone who’s had any issues with travel within the state? I don’t. Here in NCW the only thing that you really notice...

Chance1216 wrote:
Just people returning from other states. A supervisor left the state for vacation. Right about the time the Governor announced a two week quarantine for travelers...
Just people returning from other states. A supervisor left the state for vacation. Right about the time the Governor announced a two week quarantine for travelers. He took a week off work, then an additional two for quarantine upon returning to his surprise. I wanted to go down to California this May for riding but, not if it costs me three weeks pay.
Well in all fairness, that’s a company requirement, not a statewide mandate.

The 14 day quarantine is a recommendation from the governor’s office, not an enforceable rule.

For a while our company was using the New York State suggested quarantine list of states as our baseline. If you traveled to any of those states for personal reasons, you had to either quarantine for 14 days or have a negative Covid test 3 days after returning. So if you returned to WA on a Friday, you could possibly get tested on Monday and return to work on Tuesday.

When NY stopped publishing their list, we stopped following that.

Now you have to inform HR of any time you leave the state on any paid time off, and they will let you know about any restrictions that you may have to follow.

If you just happen to go out of state for a weekend and aren’t using PTO, then technically they don’t have any say over what you do.
APLMAN99
1/3/2021 3:00pm
Clearly everyone’s vacationing at home APL.
Not sure what you are saying there.

I’d guess that we have over 90% compliance with our folks reporting their travel plans for PTO. We even have had quite a few who self-report trips where they aren’t using PTO. Of course we pay for their Covid tests as well, and if their time away from work is even remotely related to Covid it doesn’t affect their attendance scores.

We’ve been very fortunate in that we’ve had 5 positives so far, but none of them appear to be work-related as the positive employees did not work in the same areas, same shifts, etc. They were all able to trace their probable infection back to a family member or roommate.

We have less than 150 people at our site, and most of them have a very protective attitude of each other when it comes to workplace safety and hygiene. It seems to have carried over to this pandemic as well. Over half of our workforce has over 10 years tenure, I think that has a lot to do with it.
Chance1216
1/3/2021 3:10pm
I’m still dealing with builders and other trades not wearing masks. When things first opened up after the original lockdown, builders were more compliant and made sure there were sanitizing stations on site. Not so much anymore.
kNewc
1/4/2021 11:44am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2021 11:46am
Yes, but police in California aren't kicking your ass if you aren't quarantining at home. Chinese... I don't believe they are magical genius, they are enforcers. They can make their citizens stay home. Their citizens won't claim "but muh freedoms" when their ass is getting kicked back indoors. I know Chinese citizens that say it was pretty much house arrest. How many people in main land China do you know? I only know 2... The one is the UK and avoided all the shit and the dude in China said he was on house arrest for more than 2 months....

I don't believe they have completely eradicated it from the country but they have the government to make it happen.
factoryfatty
1/4/2021 12:04pm
kNewc wrote:
Yes, but police in California aren't kicking your ass if you aren't quarantining at home. Chinese... I don't believe they are magical genius, they are enforcers...
Yes, but police in California aren't kicking your ass if you aren't quarantining at home. Chinese... I don't believe they are magical genius, they are enforcers. They can make their citizens stay home. Their citizens won't claim "but muh freedoms" when their ass is getting kicked back indoors. I know Chinese citizens that say it was pretty much house arrest. How many people in main land China do you know? I only know 2... The one is the UK and avoided all the shit and the dude in China said he was on house arrest for more than 2 months....

I don't believe they have completely eradicated it from the country but they have the government to make it happen.
Why I get the fact that they have pretty much no personal rights in China, and in theory, they could just lock everyone up in their house until it completely goes away, buuuuut, China is pretty much the only country reporting positive GDP numbers since around April. The container ships are back on the seas, nearly everything I'm seeing on the shelves is still made in China. That's not possible with the insane lockdown that would be required to make cases pretty much go to zero.

1 + 1 = 7@q9 in this equation from what I'm seeing.

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/4/2021 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2021 12:40pm
Chinese Billionaire Jack Ma is missing after criticizing Zi Jinping. I can guess roughly what has happened to him.
If your country can "wipe" someone with those credentials, you can make a virus go away. (Even if it did not actually go away.)

https://www.businessinsider.com/alibaba-founder-jack-ma-suspected-missi…
early
Fantasy
2212th
1/4/2021 12:44pm
Falcon wrote:
Chinese Billionaire Jack Ma is missing after criticizing Zi Jinping. I can guess roughly what has happened to him. If your country can "wipe" someone with...
Chinese Billionaire Jack Ma is missing after criticizing Zi Jinping. I can guess roughly what has happened to him.
If your country can "wipe" someone with those credentials, you can make a virus go away. (Even if it did not actually go away.)

https://www.businessinsider.com/alibaba-founder-jack-ma-suspected-missi…
I was just going to post this.
Chance1216
1/4/2021 12:56pm
I’m sure those people lined up for the New Year celebration, knew there was another line they could be standing in. Not to mention the rest of their family.
Stuntman949
1/5/2021 7:24am
There were a LOT more people in Times Square than you saw on TV Whistling

Post a reply to: Wuhan Vs NYC 2021

The Latest