TripleFive wrote:
You must be a Chargers fan?
Hell no Denver Brocos Baby !

S
Sondy132001
11/27/2011 4:20pm
TripleFive wrote:
It's officially Tebow time!
Couple years ago I worked the Colorado National, I was hanging with Nerd and he took me to the Broncos stadium and the team store, then at the National one of the Broncos came to the race and I got to meet him through Steve woo hoooo I wasn't a big fan then, I've watched Tebow his entire college career and followed him to Denver !

S

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
11/27/2011 4:37pm
Timmy is my boy not only is he a an excellent athlete, he's an excellent man and role model for kids.
11/27/2011 4:41pm
mx 219 wrote:
Timmy is my boy not only is he a an excellent athlete, he's an excellent man and role model for kids.
If he was a professional quarterback he'd have it all...
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
11/27/2011 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2011 4:45pm
mx 219 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
He doesnt need to be a quarterback...he just needs to be a winner. A wins a win.
Sondy132001
11/27/2011 4:46pm
mx 219 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
He doesnt need to be a quarterback...he just needs to be a winner. A wins a win.
Exactly I hate the analysts who expect all QB's to be cookie cutter...Tebow wins, let him do it his way !!

S
Sondy132001
11/27/2011 4:50pm
woooooo F%%^^^$## hooooo Tebow is my man !
S
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
11/27/2011 5:00pm
Triple5 another one (W) on the board....

so Sondy Im curious, why do you like Tebow?? Because he wins, he's a good guy, etc, etc?? I believe you've said you're an atheist so Im just curious.
ocscottie
11/27/2011 5:03pm
I still cant believe how bad the Chargers suck big sweaty donkey balls! All that talent, and they just cant do anything with it.

...and i love how Tebow serves HUGE plates of crow to his doubters every week. It might not be pretty, but he (they) are 5-1 with him. Sondra, you ever watch "Sportsnation" on ESPN? Colin Cowherd and Michele Beadle are a riot, so in love with Beads!!! Blush

Did ya see how excited Elway got when Timmy threw that long TD pass?

The early game today was really good, Bills vs Jets.

Tonight we have Pitt vs Chiefs

MNF might also be a good one: Saints vs Giants
Sondy132001
11/27/2011 5:29pm
mx 219 wrote:
Triple5 another one (W) on the board.... so Sondy Im curious, why do you like Tebow?? Because he wins, he's a good guy, etc, etc?? I...
Triple5 another one (W) on the board....

so Sondy Im curious, why do you like Tebow?? Because he wins, he's a good guy, etc, etc?? I believe you've said you're an atheist so Im just curious.
I watched Tim all years @ Florida, he's a good guy, good athlete and a good role model, regardless of his religion. Yep I'm an atheist but I'm a good person, work hard, treat people the way I want to be treated, religion doesn't give you good people skills, I learned those from my good parents. And if you ever get the chance to meet my kids, both atheists, they are both great kids, good athletes and treat people good. Plus I watched Brady Quinn @ Notre Dame too, then watched him (do nothing) at Cleveland ha then my son got me into Gators before during and after Tebow !!

S
Sondy132001
11/27/2011 5:31pm
ocscottie wrote:
I still cant believe how bad the Chargers suck big sweaty donkey balls! All that talent, and they just cant do anything with it. ...and i...
I still cant believe how bad the Chargers suck big sweaty donkey balls! All that talent, and they just cant do anything with it.

...and i love how Tebow serves HUGE plates of crow to his doubters every week. It might not be pretty, but he (they) are 5-1 with him. Sondra, you ever watch "Sportsnation" on ESPN? Colin Cowherd and Michele Beadle are a riot, so in love with Beads!!! Blush

Did ya see how excited Elway got when Timmy threw that long TD pass?

The early game today was really good, Bills vs Jets.

Tonight we have Pitt vs Chiefs

MNF might also be a good one: Saints vs Giants
Did you see that butt head Elway walk by Tebow and not even shake his hand...he should b thankful Tebow makes them win cause his buddy Orton didn't do shit.

S
TeamGreen
11/27/2011 5:33pm
Tebow plays like Steve Young played: To win. To complete a play by any means necessary and he's not a prima-donna.

I like this kid.
ATKpilot99
11/27/2011 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2011 5:46pm
It's a warm feel good story, but that college style offense will never win them a super bowl. They are in for a rude awakening when the play the Pack. Oops already lost to the Packers this season...a matter of time. It's a gimmick offense and they will never get anywhere far with it.
TeamGreen
11/27/2011 5:56pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
It's a warm feel good story, but that college style offense will never win them a super bowl. They are in for a rude awakening when...
It's a warm feel good story, but that college style offense will never win them a super bowl. They are in for a rude awakening when the play the Pack. Oops already lost to the Packers this season...a matter of time. It's a gimmick offense and they will never get anywhere far with it.
If they take the AFC or AFC West with this set-up...wouldn't that be a helluv-an accomplishment...?

They aren't really playin' a College-game. They're managing to tie-up the Defense on MANY occasions and provide an opportunity for the Backs/Q-back to advance the ball.

And, they've done that against virtually everyone they've played: Win or Lose.

I'm jus' observing.

Signed,

Suffering Seahawk fan.
ATKpilot99
11/27/2011 6:04pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
It's a warm feel good story, but that college style offense will never win them a super bowl. They are in for a rude awakening when...
TeamGreen wrote:
If they take the AFC or AFC West with this set-up...wouldn't that be a helluv-an accomplishment...? They aren't really playin' a College-game. They're managing to tie-up...
If they take the AFC or AFC West with this set-up...wouldn't that be a helluv-an accomplishment...?

They aren't really playin' a College-game. They're managing to tie-up the Defense on MANY occasions and provide an opportunity for the Backs/Q-back to advance the ball.

I'm jus' observing.

Signed,

Suffering Seahawk fan.
It would be an accomplishment I guess, but then again the AFC worst...I mean west is a pathetic division. It's still a quasi college option type offense that will never succeed in winning a title and thats the ultimate goal. Can you see them in a playoff situation against the Steelers or Patriots??? Would not go well for them I don't think.
TeamGreen
11/27/2011 6:09pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
If they take the AFC or AFC West with this set-up...wouldn't that be a helluv-an accomplishment...? They aren't really playin' a College-game. They're managing to tie-up...

I'm jus' observing.

Signed,

Suffering Seahawk fan.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
It would be an accomplishment I guess, but then again the AFC worst...I mean west is a pathetic division. It's still a quasi college option type...
It would be an accomplishment I guess, but then again the AFC worst...I mean west is a pathetic division. It's still a quasi college option type offense that will never succeed in winning a title and thats the ultimate goal. Can you see them in a playoff situation against the Steelers or Patriots??? Would not go well for them I don't think.
If their defense get's ANY better and the Offense improves the quality of their Long game (Offense seems to be going that way...a lil), yes...I think they'd offer a decent game against the Steelers.

Pat's...I dunno...
ATKpilot99
11/27/2011 6:16pm
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' observing.

Signed,

Suffering Seahawk fan.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
It would be an accomplishment I guess, but then again the AFC worst...I mean west is a pathetic division. It's still a quasi college option type...
TeamGreen wrote:
If their defense get's ANY better and the Offense improves the quality of their Long game (Offense seems to be going that way...a lil), yes...I think...
If their defense get's ANY better and the Offense improves the quality of their Long game (Offense seems to be going that way...a lil), yes...I think they'd offer a decent game against the Steelers.

Pat's...I dunno...
Their defense has been playing well, and yeah if Tebow can add a consistent long game they will be tough to beat against anyone . He makes plays, just needs to me more consistent in that area. It's gonna be interesting going forward because they do have a shot at winning that division.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
11/27/2011 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2011 6:30pm
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' observing.

Signed,

Suffering Seahawk fan.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
If their defense get's ANY better and the Offense improves the quality of their Long game (Offense seems to be going that way...a lil), yes...I think...

Pat's...I dunno...
You realize the Steelers dominated the Pats this year right???

@ ATK, as far as the college offense you are right it will get shut down eventually. Which is why Fox would be a complete idiot to continue to run it for every single game IN THE LONG RUN. Tebow needs time to work with his offense(he has had one full season as a starter [17 games]) and as they win they and he will get more confident. As their confidence grows they can start to mix things up, but for right now they need to focus on winning however they can do it.

@ Sondy, Im not saying atheists cant be good people...I was just curious as to why you liked him. I like him because of his belief and he's a great player and role model (like Canard and Dungey). I personally didnt like Tebow in college because im a UGA fan and UGA and UF dont get along too well.
jmar
11/27/2011 6:51pm
Cox is having a FB meltdown over Tebow.
mx757
11/27/2011 7:29pm
I think John Fox effed up skipping over quinn and tossing tebow in. Lets face it, the chargers have no pass defense. Had a competent QUARTERBACK been in the game, it would have been over quick.
Mod Killer
11/28/2011 3:48am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2011 5:46am
im gonna go out on a limb here and say that sondy likes tebow for the same reasons my sisters were fans of troy aikman while growing up. his looks.

the whole "he's such a nice guy" line is a bunch of bull hahahahaha! chic's will put up with anything if a guy is good looking. after all, chic's dig assholes right?

i would think that most girls would love the opportunity to date tebow for the simple reason of seeing how far they could push things before getting the guy to finally snap and break character. nice guys get walked on. im generalizing here but i think its safe to say that girls get bored if shits too good all the time.

all kidding aside, i keep waiting for the tebow fad to just fade away, and the pesky bastard just keeps on trucking. it really is pathetic that everyone keeps losing to him. these teams should be embarrassed. here's my take on things (and this is me taking my raider cap off for a brief moment and being honest and rational)...

- what tebow is doing is unbelievable. if he isnt the leading candidate for MVP, i dont know who should be.

the MVP can be described three different ways,

(a) the most dominant player. the first pick in a fantasy draft if you were to start the league over and have a player for one season and/or the guy you'd pay the most money, as in, ''most valuable''. haynesworth should have gotten it a few years back when he was with tennessee. but the guy that fits that bill now... (that would be either aaron rogers or calvin johnson right now. no two more dominant players than these two at the moment),

(b) the best player on the best team (again, rogers wins here),

or (c) the guy who means the most to his team winning. a few years back the titans were winless after 8 games, in comes vince young, they win 8 straight. he should have gotten serious consideration. as for this years front-runner, the packers would still be winning games without rogers. they are a talented team. whereas the donkeys have turned completely around from sure-fire suck-for-luck contestants to winners of what, 5 of 6 with tebow?

- he is doing this without the support of the front office. elway put him in to get andrew luck. and it has backfired miserably. elway may have been a "gunslinger" type qb. but gunslingers, despite their mobility, are still considered traditional qb's. elway wants either a prototypical pocket qb or a gunslinger, he doesnt want a 21st century qb of the mold of randal cunningham/rich gannon/fran tarkenton/mike vick. unlike in his playing days, elway the front-officeman, like most of the nfl, is traditional and conservative. the "21st century" hyper mobile qb has never worked to the point of winning a superbowl.

....then again, has it ever been given a fair shot? i would say no. not until now.

and unlike the 3-4 defense, which is hard to learn, and difficult to find personnel for due to the fact that most colleges dont teach it, this offense the bronco's are running is easy to build around because plenty of colleges use it.

and imo, the qb is a overrated position. yes, its the most difficult in sports. but you can win superbowls with a qb that is a leader, doesnt turn the ball over, and is a student of the game. that is all that is required of a sb winning caliber qb. the actual players that win superbowls are in the trenches.

- and speaking of the 3-4 defense. most top teams use it today. and how do you beat the 3-4? power football. the donkeys should scare people.

- running the football and playing defense wins championships. that is fact. im not gonna elaborate on that point anymore that by simply stating it. cause it needs to be said and too often it is forgotten due to the nfl's love affair with the passing game. no matter how much they fuck the rules up, its still football.

- because they run the ball so much, their defense is always rested. and the other team's offense never finds a rythm. a shitty defense like denver's is playing above their heads because of this advantage. seemingly minor advantages like this can equal big differences in the outcomes of games.

- pundits need to stop questioning the injury risk factor. any qb can get hurt. any running back can get hurt. i see no one questioning the vikings building a team around the stellar adrian peterson. so why should they question a team being built around a physical qb? tebow is bigger than most rb's and probably less likely to get hurt. there is no extra inherent risk to his style of play with relation to his position when compared to a team built around a top running back.

- he's a second year qb. mechanics dont mean shit at this stage. mark sanchez has good mechanics....but it doesnt mean a whole hell of a lot because the position is so hard to learn. im tired of quality young qb's being judged too severely before their 4th and 5th seasons. it takes time. tebow might learn to pass. hell, his stats trump elway's when compared at equal stages of their career. someone above brought up steve young, well done, enough said.

- tebow has made that team/locker room feel like college again. for many pro's, who miss the college atmosphere, this is a welcome change to them. and part of what is bringing out the best in what is a pretty poor team in the raw talent department. unity goes a long way in sports.

- the fans in denver have to be patting themselves on the back. they wanted tebow. they got him. and he has delivered and made the donkey brass and coaching staff look like idiots. its not often the mob gets their way AND gets it right.

all that said, i'd like to see tebow drop the act. i get it that he is in love with his religion. fine. ok. whatever. i simply just dont care. spare us the agenda. its a major distraction, and keeps most from seeing what a remarkable athlete he is. i guess the argument could be made that if people are distracted and put off by it, that its their problem and they are simply projecting. possibly. but it'd be a whole lot easier to mind our business if he didnt make his religion our business. i dont need to be reminded of it every damn time he speaks. muslim players have been black-balled from the nba for much less.

if any of us cared about religion, we'd be doing that with our sundays instead of watching tv.

the other cause of the backlash that he receives seems to come as a result of his fan-base. much the same way that the bubba fans created a lot of the bubba hate you see in the moto section.

but tebow, and his fans, simply dont care what you or i think. he's gonna do his thing whether we like it or not. thats part of the beauty of his whole outlook on everything. he just doesnt give a fuck what the naysayers think. which is why i find it so hypocritical that he pushes his religious agenda so hard.

too many people cant wait to see this guy fail, and they do this for all the wrong reasons. the wildcat was celebrated as a breath of fresh air. whereas the media has an agenda with tebow. and any media with a agenda, has lost its integrity. plus. creating a lighting rod simply for the novelty of it is just plain lame.

(raider cap back on)

regardless, shebow has his donkeys applying the pressure to my team. and i dont like it one bit.

on the other hand, boy have i missed having the bronco's to hate. as a kid, shottenheimer and the chiefs were numero uno on my hate list. and when shannahan was with denver boy did i love to hate them. and shottenheimers chargers were fun to throw things at at the games. but lately, its hard to really truly hate norv turner's chargers or todd haley's chiefs. they have no personality (with exception to philip rivers). tebow has brought back the raider v donkey feud. he's given them a figure head for me to direct spite. orton just didnt cut it. i kinda hope we get another opportunity to play the donk's this year. if they get the wildcard (which is conceivable), we could host them. man would i love the chance to beat them in the playoffs.
11/28/2011 5:25am
Mod Killer, we probably won't be seeing you again this season. After we take the division it's unlikely you'll be able to pull the WC. See you next season/
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/28/2011 7:34am
Glad for Tebow, as long as he's not kissing anyone. Cool
Sondy132001
11/28/2011 9:50am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2011 9:53am
Mod Killer wrote:
im gonna go out on a limb here and say that sondy likes tebow for the same reasons my sisters were fans of troy aikman while...
im gonna go out on a limb here and say that sondy likes tebow for the same reasons my sisters were fans of troy aikman while growing up. his looks.

the whole "he's such a nice guy" line is a bunch of bull hahahahaha! chic's will put up with anything if a guy is good looking. after all, chic's dig assholes right?

i would think that most girls would love the opportunity to date tebow for the simple reason of seeing how far they could push things before getting the guy to finally snap and break character. nice guys get walked on. im generalizing here but i think its safe to say that girls get bored if shits too good all the time.

all kidding aside, i keep waiting for the tebow fad to just fade away, and the pesky bastard just keeps on trucking. it really is pathetic that everyone keeps losing to him. these teams should be embarrassed. here's my take on things (and this is me taking my raider cap off for a brief moment and being honest and rational)...

- what tebow is doing is unbelievable. if he isnt the leading candidate for MVP, i dont know who should be.

the MVP can be described three different ways,

(a) the most dominant player. the first pick in a fantasy draft if you were to start the league over and have a player for one season and/or the guy you'd pay the most money, as in, ''most valuable''. haynesworth should have gotten it a few years back when he was with tennessee. but the guy that fits that bill now... (that would be either aaron rogers or calvin johnson right now. no two more dominant players than these two at the moment),

(b) the best player on the best team (again, rogers wins here),

or (c) the guy who means the most to his team winning. a few years back the titans were winless after 8 games, in comes vince young, they win 8 straight. he should have gotten serious consideration. as for this years front-runner, the packers would still be winning games without rogers. they are a talented team. whereas the donkeys have turned completely around from sure-fire suck-for-luck contestants to winners of what, 5 of 6 with tebow?

- he is doing this without the support of the front office. elway put him in to get andrew luck. and it has backfired miserably. elway may have been a "gunslinger" type qb. but gunslingers, despite their mobility, are still considered traditional qb's. elway wants either a prototypical pocket qb or a gunslinger, he doesnt want a 21st century qb of the mold of randal cunningham/rich gannon/fran tarkenton/mike vick. unlike in his playing days, elway the front-officeman, like most of the nfl, is traditional and conservative. the "21st century" hyper mobile qb has never worked to the point of winning a superbowl.

....then again, has it ever been given a fair shot? i would say no. not until now.

and unlike the 3-4 defense, which is hard to learn, and difficult to find personnel for due to the fact that most colleges dont teach it, this offense the bronco's are running is easy to build around because plenty of colleges use it.

and imo, the qb is a overrated position. yes, its the most difficult in sports. but you can win superbowls with a qb that is a leader, doesnt turn the ball over, and is a student of the game. that is all that is required of a sb winning caliber qb. the actual players that win superbowls are in the trenches.

- and speaking of the 3-4 defense. most top teams use it today. and how do you beat the 3-4? power football. the donkeys should scare people.

- running the football and playing defense wins championships. that is fact. im not gonna elaborate on that point anymore that by simply stating it. cause it needs to be said and too often it is forgotten due to the nfl's love affair with the passing game. no matter how much they fuck the rules up, its still football.

- because they run the ball so much, their defense is always rested. and the other team's offense never finds a rythm. a shitty defense like denver's is playing above their heads because of this advantage. seemingly minor advantages like this can equal big differences in the outcomes of games.

- pundits need to stop questioning the injury risk factor. any qb can get hurt. any running back can get hurt. i see no one questioning the vikings building a team around the stellar adrian peterson. so why should they question a team being built around a physical qb? tebow is bigger than most rb's and probably less likely to get hurt. there is no extra inherent risk to his style of play with relation to his position when compared to a team built around a top running back.

- he's a second year qb. mechanics dont mean shit at this stage. mark sanchez has good mechanics....but it doesnt mean a whole hell of a lot because the position is so hard to learn. im tired of quality young qb's being judged too severely before their 4th and 5th seasons. it takes time. tebow might learn to pass. hell, his stats trump elway's when compared at equal stages of their career. someone above brought up steve young, well done, enough said.

- tebow has made that team/locker room feel like college again. for many pro's, who miss the college atmosphere, this is a welcome change to them. and part of what is bringing out the best in what is a pretty poor team in the raw talent department. unity goes a long way in sports.

- the fans in denver have to be patting themselves on the back. they wanted tebow. they got him. and he has delivered and made the donkey brass and coaching staff look like idiots. its not often the mob gets their way AND gets it right.

all that said, i'd like to see tebow drop the act. i get it that he is in love with his religion. fine. ok. whatever. i simply just dont care. spare us the agenda. its a major distraction, and keeps most from seeing what a remarkable athlete he is. i guess the argument could be made that if people are distracted and put off by it, that its their problem and they are simply projecting. possibly. but it'd be a whole lot easier to mind our business if he didnt make his religion our business. i dont need to be reminded of it every damn time he speaks. muslim players have been black-balled from the nba for much less.

if any of us cared about religion, we'd be doing that with our sundays instead of watching tv.

the other cause of the backlash that he receives seems to come as a result of his fan-base. much the same way that the bubba fans created a lot of the bubba hate you see in the moto section.

but tebow, and his fans, simply dont care what you or i think. he's gonna do his thing whether we like it or not. thats part of the beauty of his whole outlook on everything. he just doesnt give a fuck what the naysayers think. which is why i find it so hypocritical that he pushes his religious agenda so hard.

too many people cant wait to see this guy fail, and they do this for all the wrong reasons. the wildcat was celebrated as a breath of fresh air. whereas the media has an agenda with tebow. and any media with a agenda, has lost its integrity. plus. creating a lighting rod simply for the novelty of it is just plain lame.

(raider cap back on)

regardless, shebow has his donkeys applying the pressure to my team. and i dont like it one bit.

on the other hand, boy have i missed having the bronco's to hate. as a kid, shottenheimer and the chiefs were numero uno on my hate list. and when shannahan was with denver boy did i love to hate them. and shottenheimers chargers were fun to throw things at at the games. but lately, its hard to really truly hate norv turner's chargers or todd haley's chiefs. they have no personality (with exception to philip rivers). tebow has brought back the raider v donkey feud. he's given them a figure head for me to direct spite. orton just didnt cut it. i kinda hope we get another opportunity to play the donk's this year. if they get the wildcard (which is conceivable), we could host them. man would i love the chance to beat them in the playoffs.
oh come on if it was for looks I'd wish Quinn was the QB ! I watched Elway all his years at Stanford, I dig football plain and simple. Tebow was amazing to watch in college, he made shit happen, and he's making shit happen now, regardless if it's pretty or not. Why does it have to be based on looks ? that's just a terrible analogy. Besides I love Tom Brady (looks-wise) and I don't follow Pats so much. I'm a fan of Sanchez, he's good looking, but not for that reason, he's from my hometown of Mission Viejo, followed him from high school, to USC to the NFL !!

S
level
11/28/2011 10:07am
If he is playing then I want to watch that game. He brings the spectators that's for sure.
Mod Killer
11/28/2011 10:57am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2011 11:01am
oh come on if it was for looks I'd wish Quinn was the QB ! I watched Elway all his years at Stanford, I dig football...
oh come on if it was for looks I'd wish Quinn was the QB ! I watched Elway all his years at Stanford, I dig football plain and simple. Tebow was amazing to watch in college, he made shit happen, and he's making shit happen now, regardless if it's pretty or not. Why does it have to be based on looks ? that's just a terrible analogy. Besides I love Tom Brady (looks-wise) and I don't follow Pats so much. I'm a fan of Sanchez, he's good looking, but not for that reason, he's from my hometown of Mission Viejo, followed him from high school, to USC to the NFL !!

S
if your explanation for why you are a fan is true, then you are the exception to the rule! hahaha

my apologies for my having guessed wrong.

it wasnt a unfair assumption on my part was it? most people either like or dislike the guy for all the wrong reasons, no? very few up until lately have actually taken notice of what a good football player he is.
level
11/28/2011 10:59am
If Denver goes to the playoffs and then wins the Superbowl with Tebow that will just be incredible.

Post a reply to: Woot Woot Tebow

The Latest