Where are they made?

Hut
Edited Date/Time 12/2/2017 10:05am
I asked in the other thread but it got deleted for not being on topic. Are Moto Hoses Made in USA as advertised or are they made in china and packaged here as claimed? Big difference and that is a serious accusation.
|
JRT812
4/18/2017 7:55pm
They claim they're the only one manufactured in the USA. Maybe he will chime in. Just curious why do you ask?
nytsmaC
4/18/2017 7:57pm
You'd have to have a massive sack to advertise like this and not be 100% Murican, no?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/18/2017 7:58pm
JRT812 wrote:
They claim they're the only one manufactured in the USA. Maybe he will chime in. Just curious why do you ask?
Because there's a group from another forum who likes to torment the owner about it. They've been at it for a while now. You know, junior high type stuff.

The Shop

Hut
4/18/2017 8:00pm
I'm not on any other forums. I saw the accusation here and would like to know if it is true.
hvaughn88
4/18/2017 8:01pm
GuyB wrote:
Because there's a group from another forum who likes to torment the owner about it. They've been at it for a while now. You know, junior...
Because there's a group from another forum who likes to torment the owner about it. They've been at it for a while now. You know, junior high type stuff.
There's other forums? I don't believe it.
Hut
4/18/2017 8:01pm
JRT812 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Because there's a group from another forum who likes to torment the owner about it. They've been at it for a while now. You know, junior...
Is there any truth to it or are they talking shit?
nytsmaC
4/18/2017 8:04pm
JRT812 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Hut wrote:
I'm neutral on this, I'd just hope that there's no truth to it. I like lumpy and I don't think he's a fraud.
Hut
4/18/2017 8:09pm
GuyB wrote:
Hut wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I'm neutral on this, I'd just hope that there's no truth to it. I like lumpy and I don't think he's a fraud.
I don't know him personally, not trying to stir the pot but the question has been raised. I have actually thought about buying Moto Hose just to support the cause in the past....
Idaho747
4/18/2017 8:20pm
Well either way. I can say it's a top notch product. I have them on my rmz and couldn't be happier with them. Work like they should. No cracking. No leaks. No color fade. And everything fit and lined up perfect.
Scrambler_Man
4/18/2017 8:37pm
The hoses are made in China. The kit you buy from moto hoses is assembled and packaged here in the USA. By US law, if more than ___% of the work for a final product is performed in the USA, then the product can be labeled as made in USA. This all despite the named product, the hoses, are made 100% made in china.

I am not sure of the exact percentage that is required for a product to be labeled made in USA, but it is a very complicated law that has loop holes the size of Jupiter. At least that is the way I understand it.

Hut
4/18/2017 8:40pm
The hoses are made in China. The kit you buy from moto hoses is assembled and packaged here in the USA. By US law, if more...
The hoses are made in China. The kit you buy from moto hoses is assembled and packaged here in the USA. By US law, if more than ___% of the work for a final product is performed in the USA, then the product can be labeled as made in USA. This all despite the named product, the hoses, are made 100% made in china.

I am not sure of the exact percentage that is required for a product to be labeled made in USA, but it is a very complicated law that has loop holes the size of Jupiter. At least that is the way I understand it.

So he takes a China made hose slaps a hose clamp on each end, sticks it in a bag and advertises "made in USA"? If true that is some bullshit.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
4/18/2017 8:50pm
The hoses are made in China. The kit you buy from moto hoses is assembled and packaged here in the USA. By US law, if more...

Hut wrote:
So he takes a China made hose slaps a hose clamp on each end, sticks it in a bag and advertises "made in USA"? If true...
So he takes a China made hose slaps a hose clamp on each end, sticks it in a bag and advertises "made in USA"? If true that is some bullshit.
You could either ride your bike or your chick, otherwise why are you trying so damn hard to make a fuss? Have you had a better product then what the lumpy guy puts out? Guess anyone can buy cheap rubber from the local part storeSick
Hut
4/18/2017 8:53pm
imoto34 wrote:
You could either ride your bike or your chick, otherwise why are you trying so damn hard to make a fuss? Have you had a better...
You could either ride your bike or your chick, otherwise why are you trying so damn hard to make a fuss? Have you had a better product then what the lumpy guy puts out? Guess anyone can buy cheap rubber from the local part storeSick
Asking a question is not trying hard to make a fuss. It's either made in USA or not. If not, quit saying so... pretty simple
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
4/18/2017 8:54pm

Not trying to start a fight, but how do you know this?
Hut
4/18/2017 9:02pm

colintrax wrote:
Not trying to start a fight, but how do you know this?
That's a fair question
Scrambler_Man
4/18/2017 9:30pm
He has admitted as much in the past. He laid it all out and then deleted his posts about it. Do I have proof? No I do not. But I am right about this.

However, By the current laws, he is allowed to market the product as made in USA if the value, including the man hours, of assembling and packaging the product meets or exceeds the legal percentage for Made In USA.

So, if the hoses only cost him $2 each, but the clamps, packaging and manpower cost more, and that difference meets the legal percentage for Made in USA, he is legally allowed to mark it as Made in USA.

Morally, that is another story.

Scrambler_Man
4/18/2017 10:02pm
So it all boils down to the cost of the final product. So if the hose clamps, header cards, packaging and labor equal more than 75% of the final product cost, then the Made in USA claim is legal. SO the hoses are so cheap, or inexpensive if you will, that they are 25% or less of the cost of the final product.

It will not be considered a deceptive practice for a marketer to make an unqualified U.S. origin claim if, at the time it makes the claim, the marketer possesses and relies upon competent and reliable evidence that: (1) U.S. manufacturing costs constitute 75% of the manufacturing costs for the product; and (2) the product was last substantially transformed in the United States.

However, the whole "substantially transformed" part is very, very hard to interpret and just adding clamps and packaging is stretching the definition to say the least.

#MadeInChina
JRT812
4/19/2017 4:47am
Well hut you may have your answer... not a good look if true, but I guess it's legal to do. This may be something you never get the answer your looking for. I purchased a Ti road bike a few years ago and one of the reasons for going with the particular manufacturer was the claim it was made in TN with American Ti. Started hearing their Ti was from overseas and asked the manufacturer. They stated it was incorrect information and that is all I could go by. Guess we have to decide what information we want to believe.
XXVoid MainXX
4/19/2017 6:08am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2017 6:14am
This is the only dirt related moto forum I belong to and this is the first I've heard of this subject. Thanks for not clipping it because it's a good subject. I realize it's hard not to clip it when it involves sponsors/members. Regardless of the laws I don't care for using patriotism as a product seller. It's a bit slimy. You're playing people who just don't know any better. On bikes and cars it's really hard to not have some components come from other countries. Where are the electronics made? Where are the oil filters made? Etc, etc. If your product is good and the price is fair, I'll buy it. I don't care where it's made. But if you are pushing Made in America, and color your package red white and blue and most of your core components come from somewhere other than America, I may just buy something else even if your product is better.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
4/19/2017 6:30am
JRT812 wrote:
Well hut you may have your answer... not a good look if true, but I guess it's legal to do. This may be something you never...
Well hut you may have your answer... not a good look if true, but I guess it's legal to do. This may be something you never get the answer your looking for. I purchased a Ti road bike a few years ago and one of the reasons for going with the particular manufacturer was the claim it was made in TN with American Ti. Started hearing their Ti was from overseas and asked the manufacturer. They stated it was incorrect information and that is all I could go by. Guess we have to decide what information we want to believe.
If the owners wanted to stop this stuff, they could simply post pictures of their facilities. Allow tours of the facility. Being secretive only leads to doubt.
MR. X
4/19/2017 6:34am
JRT812 wrote:
Well hut you may have your answer... not a good look if true, but I guess it's legal to do. This may be something you never...
Is there even such thing as American titanium? Serious question BTW . I remember hearing stories about when secret aircraft were being made ,they set up fake business to buy titanium from other countries so as not raise any eyebrows from the Russians. Maybe it was just because of the amount they needed.
huck
4/19/2017 6:42am
I can confirm that the packaging is made 100% in the USA. If that helps. Wink
JRT812
4/19/2017 6:50am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2017 6:51am
JRT812 wrote:
MR. X wrote:
Is there even such thing as American titanium? Serious question BTW . I remember hearing stories about when secret aircraft were being made ,they set up...
Is there even such thing as American titanium? Serious question BTW . I remember hearing stories about when secret aircraft were being made ,they set up fake business to buy titanium from other countries so as not raise any eyebrows from the Russians. Maybe it was just because of the amount they needed.
Apparently there is such a thing as American Ti at least in the road biking world. Moots and Lynskey claim to have American sourced Ti. There has been talk that Lynskey sources it from China, but the company has stated it is not true.... who knows.
drmarkr
4/19/2017 9:06am
One more just for fun....

JAFO92
4/19/2017 10:46am
huck wrote:
I can confirm that the packaging is made 100% in the USA. If that helps. Wink
Woohoo

Samuel
4/19/2017 11:46am
I hope you don't own any DeWalt tools because they do the same thing.

Post a reply to: Where are they made?

The Latest