Where are all the anti-gun nuts?

holyroller1
Fantasy
350th
Edited Date/Time 8/24/2022 4:56pm
Title says it all. Did they leave the forum or what?
|
8/5/2022 3:40am
I'm indifferent to guns. I don't want one because I do random shit when I sleep, at least a couple times a week. I also don't see the reason why a person needs to own over 5 or 6 guns. But ya I'm not a fan, but to each their own. They just aren't my thing, but I have many a friends that love them. People dislike dirtbikes and that's ok with me. People like what they like and I'm cool with that.
ARM670
8/5/2022 4:28am
I'm indifferent to guns. I don't want one because I do random shit when I sleep, at least a couple times a week. I also don't...
I'm indifferent to guns. I don't want one because I do random shit when I sleep, at least a couple times a week. I also don't see the reason why a person needs to own over 5 or 6 guns. But ya I'm not a fan, but to each their own. They just aren't my thing, but I have many a friends that love them. People dislike dirtbikes and that's ok with me. People like what they like and I'm cool with that.
Not being a smartass but you said you don't understand why people have 5-6 guns. Well I have my dads 12ga, a pump 12ga, a semi auto 12ga, I have my 1st 12 ga trap gun, my 2nd 12ga trap gun has alot of custom work done to it, a 12ga over under. My 1st .22 rifle I got as a kid, a.22 mag rifle, a .22 rifle with a bull barrel, a .223 set up for night shooting (fox and coyote) a 22-250 set up for ground hogs, a .300 win mag to reach out, I think I will stop there. But I lost them all in a poker game to a guy in a cowboy hat, Tex was his name yes Tex.
ns503
8/5/2022 5:24am
Sounds like you miss them.
TXDirt
8/5/2022 6:32am
I'm indifferent to guns. I don't want one because I do random shit when I sleep, at least a couple times a week. I also don't...
Could be no reason. Could be every reason. Or somewhere in between.

Why does someone need more then 5 or 6 dirt bikes? I don't see the reason.....

There are Karen's out there who would say that exact same thing when it comes to dangerous dirt bikes.

The Shop

TalinH112
8/5/2022 7:02am
Before the boating accident where they all went into to ocean with no possibility of recovery I had a nice collection. But as I stated I have since lost every single one of them in the ocean and there is not chance of recovery. Why did I have all my guns on a boat at once? Well the answer is simple, it’s none of your fucking business. 😂
peelout
8/5/2022 7:02am
I have 8 rifles of all different caliber, some for hunting some for sport. A couple for the kids to shoot and learn on. I've always been terrified of hand guns because I don't really know how to handle and operate them. Been wanting to go through training and get my concealed permit and get one to carry. Think that's what I'll spend this year bonus on.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
8/5/2022 7:09am
My next door neighbor built a few million dollar building just for his collection with an indoor range too. There are many like him. Great family with a lot of good friends.
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/5/2022 7:11am
Each gun has its own purpose, a solid collection consists of a .22lr, 12ga pump action, .223, 30-06, .380 (for carrying around), and 9mm/.38/.40/.45 as a serious sidearm. So 5 or 6 seems about right.

Guns aren't the problem, it's the recent calls for domestic political violence among mainstream personalities, the glamorization of street justice in minority communities, and domestic abuse that culminates in gunshots.
ns503
8/5/2022 7:23am
I've got 2 x .303's (bolt actions), 2 x .22's (a single & a bolt), a 410 single shot gun, and a 12 gauge single that I don't think I would try firing. It's pretty old & abused. All family hand-downs. Have considered getting a new 12 gauge pump but haven't done it yet.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/5/2022 8:02am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 8:02am
I really miss the ones on here that used to tell us that..
We US citizens cant legally own Title 2 stuff like machine guns,anti aircraft guns,CM203 Grenade Launcher's ,Suppressors, transferable FIM 91 surface-to-air missile's,Tanks,Fighter jets etc...
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Was always fun to show them the process of how to do it legally. Laughing

M1000
8/5/2022 9:39am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 9:42am
Have a dozen. Couple shotguns in various sizes, a few rimfire guns, a few cowboy, bush guns, and couple of bolt action rifles of various calibres. Have some friends that have $100k into guns/ammo. One middle aged guy whom is single (crazy about guns), whom has approx 500+ guns, and complete basement stored with ammo. No place to walk in his base,ent, because there are ammo boxes 5’ high and stacked ontop of each other. Crazy. Has about 100 very nice guns, others he stores in bundles in corners of the basement. Yeah he will be single guy forever. Too each there own. No anti-gun advocate.
philG
8/5/2022 9:51am
At home looking after their boyfriends poodle.
NvHermit
Fantasy
4303rd
8/5/2022 9:52am
22lr
30/30
12 gauge
30-06
9mm

If I can't kill it with one of these I'll choke the shit out of it

Jeremy A.K.
8/5/2022 10:06am
NvHermit wrote:
22lr
30/30
12 gauge
30-06
9mm

If I can't kill it with one of these I'll choke the shit out of it

I have a Henry 30 30 that has been my go to during gun season since I got it about 10 years ago ,it's an amazing light weight and accurate gun for whitetail.
Kevo881
8/5/2022 10:06am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 10:07am
Just started to get into guns myself. Had a 9mm hand gun from when my grandfather passed. Just added a 9mm hi point carbine today. Looking forward to start practice shooting soon. Definitely want to add a shotgun and a higher caliber rifle in the future.
8/5/2022 10:10am
I think how you feel about guns and how many you should own is definitely a regional thing

growing up where I did when you were old enough you couldn't wait to go hunting and shooting with dad, uncles, and pap, etc .

now if you grew up in down town new York i would imagine you feel and think differently about them.

I feel this is a big reason this country cant decide on how to handle the issue of owning.

McG194
8/5/2022 10:17am
ARM670 wrote:
Not being a smartass but you said you don't understand why people have 5-6 guns. Well I have my dads 12ga, a pump 12ga, a semi...
Not being a smartass but you said you don't understand why people have 5-6 guns. Well I have my dads 12ga, a pump 12ga, a semi auto 12ga, I have my 1st 12 ga trap gun, my 2nd 12ga trap gun has alot of custom work done to it, a 12ga over under. My 1st .22 rifle I got as a kid, a.22 mag rifle, a .22 rifle with a bull barrel, a .223 set up for night shooting (fox and coyote) a 22-250 set up for ground hogs, a .300 win mag to reach out, I think I will stop there. But I lost them all in a poker game to a guy in a cowboy hat, Tex was his name yes Tex.
ARM670, you miss the whole point. You don't need to explain why you need the guns you have. Rights don't work like that.

The Constitution does NOT read:
The right of the people who can prove a need to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
8/5/2022 10:42am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 10:43am
I'm with you. I can get the fascination with them and why people feel the need to have 30 in a closet, one in the glove box, and one on the hip. I don't see any problem with it, to each their own in that regard. Guns have been around a long time and aren't going to disappear in the near future. I love shooting and am somewhat decent at 50-100 with most rifles. Not 100% comfortable with handguns though, the size of them just makes me feel like I'm going to do something stupid on accident. I've been lucky enough to shoot 20-30 different guns due to some of my friends back home and the ones in Oregon.

I got my Grandpas old single six .22 from the 60s that I've taken to a range once, and got a 30-06 once in Oregon because I thought I'd want to hunt. That thought went away pretty quickly. I grew up in the damn city, I'm no mountain man.
Yeti831
8/5/2022 11:37am
Me personally, I like collecting.

I have some WW2 bolt actions, my main squeeze AR, some HK and Sig rifles, my .45 pistol?

Why? Because I can. And because I don’t make enough fuck you money to play cars or aircraft, so I can my tech fix with firearms and motorcycles 🤷‍♂️
ARM670
8/5/2022 1:33pm
ARM670 wrote:
Not being a smartass but you said you don't understand why people have 5-6 guns. Well I have my dads 12ga, a pump 12ga, a semi...
McG194 wrote:
ARM670, you miss the whole point. You don't need to explain why you need the guns you have. Rights don't work like that. The Constitution does...
ARM670, you miss the whole point. You don't need to explain why you need the guns you have. Rights don't work like that.

The right of the people who can prove a need to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
McG, I think you miss the whole point. Norcal nor I ever said anything about rights or the Constitution. NorCal stated " I also don't see the reason why a person needs to own over 5 or 6 guns". So I tried to explain to him reason people do have more than 5 or 6. See this is how conversation works, not to get all crappy and state Rights and opinions.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/5/2022 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2022 12:06pm
The reason for me is because I like them and because I can afford them and because I want them and I have
WAYYYYYYY more than 5 or 6 of them. Same for motorcycles and cars and everything else I collect.Cool
8/5/2022 3:20pm
Yeti831 wrote:
Me personally, I like collecting. I have some WW2 bolt actions, my main squeeze AR, some HK and Sig rifles, my .45 pistol? Why? Because I...
Me personally, I like collecting.

I have some WW2 bolt actions, my main squeeze AR, some HK and Sig rifles, my .45 pistol?

Why? Because I can. And because I don’t make enough fuck you money to play cars or aircraft, so I can my tech fix with firearms and motorcycles 🤷‍♂️
Firearms and motorcycles. Chuck approves
Joey_Bridges
8/5/2022 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 3:27pm
Where are they ??
I couldn't give a flying rat's ass less.

And personally, I think it's not all that smart to get online and list everything you have in your arsenal.

But let's just say, I don't have the local Leo's number on speed dial.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/5/2022 3:36pm
peelout wrote:
I have 8 rifles of all different caliber, some for hunting some for sport. A couple for the kids to shoot and learn on. I've always...
I have 8 rifles of all different caliber, some for hunting some for sport. A couple for the kids to shoot and learn on. I've always been terrified of hand guns because I don't really know how to handle and operate them. Been wanting to go through training and get my concealed permit and get one to carry. Think that's what I'll spend this year bonus on.
Honestly I'm a better shooter with hand guns than long guns. Nothing scary about them, all the same safety rules apply. Biggest difference is not having a stock pressed into your shoulder.
Go try some out and get a feel. If you got big ole hands, you might prefer the feel of a bigger gun, smaller hands a smaller gun. But to each their own, my tiny hands love that girthy Berretta just as much as the little LCP. Ergonomically I only seem to have problems with the safety on some pistols.
McG194
8/5/2022 4:16pm
ARM670 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
ARM670, you miss the whole point. You don't need to explain why you need the guns you have. Rights don't work like that. The Constitution does...

ARM670 wrote:
McG, I think you miss the whole point. Norcal nor I ever said anything about rights or the Constitution. NorCal stated " I also don't see...
McG, I think you miss the whole point. Norcal nor I ever said anything about rights or the Constitution. NorCal stated " I also don't see the reason why a person needs to own over 5 or 6 guns". So I tried to explain to him reason people do have more than 5 or 6. See this is how conversation works, not to get all crappy and state Rights and opinions.
Nope, I didn't miss the point.

The reason you own guns is none of my damn business. You can tell me about them if you like but you answer to no one when your rights are involved.
McG194
8/5/2022 4:24pm
peelout wrote:
I have 8 rifles of all different caliber, some for hunting some for sport. A couple for the kids to shoot and learn on. I've always...
colintrax wrote:
Honestly I'm a better shooter with hand guns than long guns. Nothing scary about them, all the same safety rules apply. Biggest difference is not having...
Honestly I'm a better shooter with hand guns than long guns. Nothing scary about them, all the same safety rules apply. Biggest difference is not having a stock pressed into your shoulder.
Go try some out and get a feel. If you got big ole hands, you might prefer the feel of a bigger gun, smaller hands a smaller gun. But to each their own, my tiny hands love that girthy Berretta just as much as the little LCP. Ergonomically I only seem to have problems with the safety on some pistols.
I disagree with the smaller gun for smaller hands idea.

My wife doesn't shoot often but the times I have taken her I let her use a larger caliber handgun with some heft. I have a little Diamondback .380 and that SOB is a jumpy lil bugger.
borg
8/5/2022 4:48pm
Another douche troll thread.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/5/2022 4:50pm
McG194 wrote:
I disagree with the smaller gun for smaller hands idea. My wife doesn't shoot often but the times I have taken her I let her use...
I disagree with the smaller gun for smaller hands idea.

My wife doesn't shoot often but the times I have taken her I let her use a larger caliber handgun with some heft. I have a little Diamondback .380 and that SOB is a jumpy lil bugger.
I was speaking more to full size vs compact, double stack vs single stack, models with adjustable grips. I did mention a pocket pistol but those are really a different sort of "beast" and tend to be small for everyone. I half dangle a pinky on the LCP.
holyroller1
Fantasy
350th
8/5/2022 4:50pm
ns503 wrote:
Sounds like you miss them.
Yeah. I guess you could say I'm a bit sadistic.

It's one of the reason 90% of the news I take in is far left/liberal takes. I can't comprehend, let alone empathize with their beliefs.

The anti gun/rifle/pistol/firearm thing is really something I can't understand but strive to understand. However, the other side is not willing to have an intelligent conversation. Especially when things go against their narrative, which is happening more frequently in recent days.

Post a reply to: Where are all the anti-gun nuts?

The Latest