When is enough enough? Are you f*cking kidding me?

hubbardmx50
Edited Date/Time 7/30/2022 4:16am
Just saw on the news that the gas tax in California will be going up 5.6% next week. Excuse my French, but are you fucking kidding me? People are already struggling to put food on the table and have enough gas to get to work every morning and this is what California government does to help people? What do these politicians (Not just the ones here) do all day other than thinking of new and creative ways to screw us? When will people wake up? What else does it take? $67 to fill up my shitbox Ford focus after work today, but I guess that was too cheap. Let's raise it! Rant end. Carry on!
|
borg
6/22/2022 5:56pm
Well, the government needs the money to undo the effects of climate change and to end discrimination against all people that are not white men. Is a few pennies going to kill you?
hubbardmx50
6/22/2022 5:57pm
borg wrote:
Well, the government needs the money to undo the effects of climate change and to end discrimination against all people that are not white men. Is...
Well, the government needs the money to undo the effects of climate change and to end discrimination against all people that are not white men. Is a few pennies going to kill you?
No, but it doesn't help. I'm a full time college student. So not exactly a baller.
plowboy
6/22/2022 5:59pm
It hurts...even here in Kansas. I was surprised that the fed tax is only .18 cents a gallon. Cali tax is .51 a gallon (highest in the 48). The stations say they don't make money on gas (snacks and drinks is their gravy). Wonder who's putting that other 5 bucks in their pockets?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/22/2022 5:59pm
Just saw on the news that the gas tax in California will be going up 5.6% next week. Excuse my French, but are you fucking kidding...
Just saw on the news that the gas tax in California will be going up 5.6% next week. Excuse my French, but are you fucking kidding me? People are already struggling to put food on the table and have enough gas to get to work every morning and this is what California government does to help people? What do these politicians (Not just the ones here) do all day other than thinking of new and creative ways to screw us? When will people wake up? What else does it take? $67 to fill up my shitbox Ford focus after work today, but I guess that was too cheap. Let's raise it! Rant end. Carry on!
In all fairness, the gas tax was approved before this stupidly insane run-up of fuel prices, and they will most likely suspend it before July 1st.

That being said, Gavin Newsom can eat all the dicks. I hate that guy.

The Shop

Mx286
6/22/2022 6:05pm
It seems every day there is always a new excuse or something happening to drive the cost of everything up.

Due to the rise of global energy cost, an aluminum plant around here just announced today they are laying off 600+ people for a year.
hubbardmx50
6/22/2022 6:05pm
Just saw on the news that the gas tax in California will be going up 5.6% next week. Excuse my French, but are you fucking kidding...
avidchimp wrote:
In all fairness, the gas tax was approved before this stupidly insane run-up of fuel prices, and they will most likely suspend it before July 1st...
In all fairness, the gas tax was approved before this stupidly insane run-up of fuel prices, and they will most likely suspend it before July 1st.

True. But it's still another kick in the nuts nonetheless. Oh yeah Gavin is killing it for us. And he'll win again in November.
Chance1216
6/22/2022 6:19pm
Paid $178 to fill my F-150. That’s with regular unleaded.
jeffro503
6/22/2022 6:22pm
First thing you can do.......thank all the Biden voters on here , because they still think he isn't the fucking problem! It's NOT just one thing this administration has done......it's a combination of everything they are doing!!

But hey!!.......no more orange man mean tweets thank God!
jeffro503
6/22/2022 6:25pm
borg wrote:
Well, the government needs the money to undo the effects of climate change and to end discrimination against all people that are not white men. Is...
Few pennies? It's actually an extra $500.00 a month , and $6,000.00 per year , compared to just 18 months ago!.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
6/22/2022 6:39pm
avidchimp wrote:
In all fairness, the gas tax was approved before this stupidly insane run-up of fuel prices, and they will most likely suspend it before July 1st...

I don’t understand how the fuck he was not recalled.
MudPup545
6/22/2022 6:47pm
More money is needed to fight the second pandemic that is coming. 🙄
jeffro503
6/22/2022 6:49pm
BTW....that $500.00 a month increase is bullshit for someone in my shoes. Gas for me went from about $350.00 a month , to about $650 - $700 / mo. + Food?? Easily $150.00 more a month now. On top of 20+% for power and water??

Everything costs more! Way more!
LoudLove
6/22/2022 6:58pm
jeffro503 wrote:
First thing you can do.......thank all the Biden voters on here , because they still think he isn't the fucking problem! It's NOT just one thing...
First thing you can do.......thank all the Biden voters on here , because they still think he isn't the fucking problem! It's NOT just one thing this administration has done......it's a combination of everything they are doing!!

Supply chain woes and oil prices result from global economic challenges, not the White House. That being said, the Biden Administration continues to grasp at straws while their own party turns against them. Not saying it would have been significantly better under Trump, but it could not have been much worse.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/22/2022 6:58pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I don’t understand how the fuck he was not recalled.
I voted to kick his ass out. Such a hypocritical, self-serving sperm beard.
borg
6/22/2022 7:15pm
borg wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Few pennies? It's actually an extra $500.00 a month , and $6,000.00 per year , compared to just 18 months ago!.
For those of you who are struggling with the price of gas, we will be implementing some programs that will make it easier for you.
1. We will give you a rebate if you buy a Tesla.
2. You can replace your light bulbs in your house with LED's with a government rebate.
3. See. It's all OK.
$. let us handle this.
jeffro503
6/22/2022 8:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
First thing you can do.......thank all the Biden voters on here , because they still think he isn't the fucking problem! It's NOT just one thing...

LoudLove wrote:
Supply chain woes and oil prices result from global economic challenges, not the White House. That being said, the Biden Administration continues to grasp at straws...
Supply chain woes and oil prices result from global economic challenges, not the White House. That being said, the Biden Administration continues to grasp at straws while their own party turns against them. Not saying it would have been significantly better under Trump, but it could not have been much worse.
AND........what / who caused that? Oh that's right , the guy who hammered our own oil drilling companies and pauses all their permits , and then shut down every small business in the country , while the big chains thrived.

We are like 26% of the world's economy, and with this administration and it's policies.....it is more responsible for this shit than any country on earth!
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/22/2022 8:41pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Did you see him on the news tonight yelling at the oil companies “it’s time to lower prices, NOW! Do it NOW!”

Yeah Joe, that oughta do it 👍
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/22/2022 8:47pm
MudPup545 wrote:
More money is needed to fight the second pandemic that is coming. 🙄
That must be the one they plan to release a few months before the 2024 election. Gotta love those mail in ballots 👍
Sully
6/22/2022 8:54pm
jeffro503 wrote:

LoudLove wrote:
Supply chain woes and oil prices result from global economic challenges, not the White House. That being said, the Biden Administration continues to grasp at straws...
I'm not saying that might not be the case, but anecdotally, here in Japan gas prices at off base (i.e. non-NEX/AAFES) gas stations have only fluctuated their typical 1 - 4 yen/liter since early 2021 (~$5.20/gal at the current $ – ¥ exchange rate). Meanwhile, prices at on base gas stations are following the US trend (last time I looked it was $5.80/gal, compared to ~$3.10 in early 2021)
jeffro503
6/22/2022 9:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:

KennyT wrote:
Did you see him on the news tonight yelling at the oil companies “it’s time to lower prices, NOW! Do it NOW!” Yeah Joe, that oughta...
Did you see him on the news tonight yelling at the oil companies “it’s time to lower prices, NOW! Do it NOW!”

For those that are stupid........it's like Joe telling logging companies , to go out to the desert and cut down timber for producing lumber.

Except there is no timber , and it may take a couple years for us to even approve your lease to cut down timber there if you find it.

AND......if you do find that little bit of timber?? ,........well now , we need you to accept 1/2 your profit.

Biden said , and has said multiple times throughout his entire career......he wants to destroy oil and gas.

People who voted for him......didn't understand how that kind of stupidity........ literally destroys EVERY SINGLE market on planet earth!!

With NOTHING to fall back on!! People have been screaming this shit from Day 1.......and 1/2 the country just didn't get the memo! So stupid!
reded301
6/23/2022 3:12am
jeffro503 wrote:

KennyT wrote:
Did you see him on the news tonight yelling at the oil companies “it’s time to lower prices, NOW! Do it NOW!” Yeah Joe, that oughta...

jeffro503 wrote:
For those that are stupid........it's like Joe telling logging companies , to go out to the desert and cut down timber for producing lumber. Except there...
For those that are stupid........it's like Joe telling logging companies , to go out to the desert and cut down timber for producing lumber.

Except there is no timber , and it may take a couple years for us to even approve your lease to cut down timber there if you find it.

AND......if you do find that little bit of timber?? ,........well now , we need you to accept 1/2 your profit.

Biden said , and has said multiple times throughout his entire career......he wants to destroy oil and gas.

People who voted for him......didn't understand how that kind of stupidity........ literally destroys EVERY SINGLE market on planet earth!!

With NOTHING to fall back on!! People have been screaming this shit from Day 1.......and 1/2 the country just didn't get the memo! So stupid!
It’s become apparent that over the course of his career, Joe has never able to reach an agreement with the oil companies that would allow him to receive his normal 10% fee. Thus his attempt to destroy the oil industry.
6/23/2022 3:34am
I have a theory that fuel is the new interest rate. This way it hits everyone, where interest rates benefit some by moving up. Fuel gets everyone even more than food.
LoudLove
6/23/2022 5:04am
jeffro503 wrote:

LoudLove wrote:
Sully wrote:
I'm not saying that might not be the case, but anecdotally, here in Japan gas prices at off base (i.e. non-NEX/AAFES) gas stations have only fluctuated...
I'm not saying that might not be the case, but anecdotally, here in Japan gas prices at off base (i.e. non-NEX/AAFES) gas stations have only fluctuated their typical 1 - 4 yen/liter since early 2021 (~$5.20/gal at the current $ – ¥ exchange rate). Meanwhile, prices at on base gas stations are following the US trend (last time I looked it was $5.80/gal, compared to ~$3.10 in early 2021)
Japan has a national gas subsidy program to keep prices in check. Military bases are not beneficiaries.
McG194
6/23/2022 5:09am
borg wrote:
Please tell me this is uber dry sarcasm.
Joey_Bridges
6/23/2022 5:18am
reded301 wrote:
It’s become apparent that over the course of his career, Joe has never able to reach an agreement with the oil companies that would allow him...
It’s become apparent that over the course of his career, Joe has never able to reach an agreement with the oil companies that would allow him to receive his normal 10% fee. Thus his attempt to destroy the oil industry.
Exactly !!!
Joey_Bridges
6/23/2022 5:28am
plowboy wrote:
It hurts...even here in Kansas. I was surprised that the fed tax is only .18 cents a gallon. Cali tax is .51 a gallon (highest in...
It hurts...even here in Kansas. I was surprised that the fed tax is only .18 cents a gallon. Cali tax is .51 a gallon (highest in the 48). The stations say they don't make money on gas (snacks and drinks is their gravy). Wonder who's putting that other 5 bucks in their pockets?
I know the guy who owns the three shell gas stations in the small town I live nearby.
He does indeed say that he makes less than $0,05 per gal.
That why they've all become convenience stores as well.
Beer, cigarettes and lottery tickets bring in more money than gasoline and diesel.

He also receives a call on Tuesday morning from the distribution center, telling him what to charge for fuel.
Sometimes again on Thursday's.

Nobody in this nation believes the price per gal is set by the gas stations.
Well, except for the fossil behind the microphone.

#FJB

Post a reply to: When is enough enough? Are you f*cking kidding me?

The Latest