When do you trade sell your daily driver?

5/27/2020 8:26am
Thanks fellow tacos. Which roof tent and bed rack is that? We are looking at upTop bed rack, prinsu cab rack and a tepui explorer autant...
Thanks fellow tacos.
Which roof tent and bed rack is that?
We are looking at upTop bed rack, prinsu cab rack and a tepui explorer autant 3 with annex.
I have a Smittybilt, my buddies have CVT and Tepui. Mine is the most affordable and it’s held up great. For sure the Tepui seems to be the best quality though.

I had a low profile tent rack made to sit flush with the cab. Once you get started on your build, it’ll never finish lol
alphado
5/27/2020 10:44am
Picked this up in March, over $13,000 off of sticker.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
6/8/2020 6:06am
I bought my first new vehicle a 2013 Ram 1500 V6. Has been awesome for 138k highway miles. Now it has a valve tick. Apparently the rocker arms where out sourced to china. I'm tearing it down today.

I'm so bummed. Paid for and was planning to ride this thing for a long time. I turn wrenches for a living and have learned to hate working on vehicles. I just hate it.

I just wonder like a poster said on the first page, out of warranty, sell it. But shit man who wants a payment for lifetime?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/8/2020 7:32am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2020 7:34am
I have a 17 ram 1500 hemi, I believe they got updated lifters in 16 or 17? Also I think the oil change intervals the manufacturer...
I have a 17 ram 1500 hemi, I believe they got updated lifters in 16 or 17? Also I think the oil change intervals the manufacturer recommends is to long. 5k no matter what (I’m fairly easy on my truck). I’ve read that long idling is bad for these trucks. my 2004 dodge 1500 has had a lifter tap since I bought it, it’s almost at 200k. A paid of truck is awesome, I’d have to think once the lifters are fixed it’ll run forever
Funny, same here. I had an 04 Hemi that would tick but ran great til I traded it in at almost 200k miles. I bought a brand new 2017 Hemi at that point and it makes hemi tick noices SOMETIMES when it's in ECO mode. Really annoying because I can't pin point why it's happening sometimes and not consistently. Anyway, I tend to shut off ECO mode sometimes when I drive and all is well.

To answer the OP, I have no formula. I kept my 04 Ram forever and I might end up keeping this 17 a long time as well. Once I had no payment on my 04 it was a great ROI. Ya, you have to pay for every fix out of pocket but over the years I drove that thing, the costs were very minimal.

The Shop

Pirate421
6/8/2020 6:07pm
Well trucks back in the shop for the possible exhaust manifold bolt issue. It’s had lifters and everything replaced and now it has a fast tick for about 1-2 seconds at startup and then sounds like an exhaust leak for the first few minutes then goes away. Sounds different than the lifter issue as this one sounds like a metallic tapping and the exhaust leak that speeds up with RPM. We’ll see how much this costs me. Was close to trading it in but we are moving 1200 miles away in a week so I didn’t want to deal with buying and registering a new truck while trying to move. Probably won’t be back in another Ram anytime soon. Too bad since I love the truck I just don’t trust that engine.
6/10/2020 9:32pm
99 and newer pickups are terrible looking. All a truck is, is a frame with suspension bolted to it. Engine, trans, rear end , and cab. And a lot of marketing. No new pu is worth even 30k. Pulling a trl there not much better than a 80k lb semi. Get a 1988 to 1995 chev, they run to 280k on all original engine. And Look way better. Plus there the next big collector vehicle.
reded
6/11/2020 3:23am
99 and newer pickups are terrible looking. All a truck is, is a frame with suspension bolted to it. Engine, trans, rear end , and cab...
99 and newer pickups are terrible looking. All a truck is, is a frame with suspension bolted to it. Engine, trans, rear end , and cab. And a lot of marketing. No new pu is worth even 30k. Pulling a trl there not much better than a 80k lb semi. Get a 1988 to 1995 chev, they run to 280k on all original engine. And Look way better. Plus there the next big collector vehicle.
I’d rather not take the risk of getting tetanus every time I give my pickup a good scrubbing.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
6/11/2020 6:55am
I used to have a 94 suburban, 99 suburban, then a 2002 Yukon. Never had an issue with them except alternators and got them each with atleast 75k on them for cheap. The always had dirty mxers, dirty, fisherman and weekly loads of produce so they weren't spotless inside but I loved them and got them cheap. My wife had a nice Lexus we used for clean livin. Lol In 2015 I finaly bought a new Chevy Silverado xlt duramax and an Equinox for my daughter, my personal first new vehicle and it still looks brand new and smells showroom new inside. I plan on keeping it awhile if one of these new models don't catch me at a weak moment. Lol I have a friend that i met through a moto friend that details high end cars and he does all my families vehicles atleast once a month. I have babied this thing like my life depended on it for some reason. I get in it and that new car smell is my favorite time in life at the moment. Sad I know.

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/11/2020 9:29am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2020 9:30am
99 and newer pickups are terrible looking. All a truck is, is a frame with suspension bolted to it. Engine, trans, rear end , and cab...
This made me laugh. Next big collector vehicles Grinning
6/11/2020 2:39pm
seth505 wrote:
The 73-87 chev pu, young guys call them box Chevy,s, hv been the hot truck to mod out. Anyone in there 20,s threw the 90,s are Lookin for a 88-98 Silverado extended cab. Much bigger deal back then, than a new 95 vette. The sport truck scene, was big and Hot. Remember earth quake amps, the huge decal for the back window.Smile
reded
6/12/2020 4:15am
seth505 wrote:
The 73-87 chev pu, young guys call them box Chevy,s, hv been the hot truck to mod out. Anyone in there 20,s threw the 90,s are...
The 73-87 chev pu, young guys call them box Chevy,s, hv been the hot truck to mod out. Anyone in there 20,s threw the 90,s are Lookin for a 88-98 Silverado extended cab. Much bigger deal back then, than a new 95 vette. The sport truck scene, was big and Hot. Remember earth quake amps, the huge decal for the back window.Smile
I had an Earthquake amp. It was cool then but much like the 90’s pickups, inefficient and underpowered by today’s standards.
Mx746
6/12/2020 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2020 4:43pm
200k 2005 suburban- never any real problem. Stack of 4x8 Sheetrock with hatch closed. Love it. When it dies I’ll find another one with 150k for $3k and drive another 100k

Post a reply to: When do you trade sell your daily driver?

The Latest