What's your take on this police shooting?

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2022 7:47pm
Was the office in danger when he fired his weapon?

On a related note I don't know about you but I always seem to have difficulties placing my hands behind my back after I have been shot in the back and am dying.....but that's just me.
|
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
4/7/2015 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 4:53pm
Terrible! From the video it does not appear the officer was in immediate danger..and had no right to shoot..

Curious, why was this guy grabbing for the officers stun gun? I got pulled over on Easter Sunday on my way home from riding and it never once crossed my mind to grab the officers gun or stun gun..
MXD
4/7/2015 5:20pm
I hope that pig gets the chair. That was fucking disgusting.
4/7/2015 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 6:52pm
Why did he scuffle with the cop and (try to) take the stun gun? Not saying shooting an unarmed man in the back is not disgusting. But it seems a bit odd that a guy is in a scuffing with a cop and then tries to take his stungun.

edit: watched the vid a few times. The scuffle is due to the taser being shot. The victim never had the stungun. Dirty ass cop plants the taser next to him to make his actions right....
newmann
4/7/2015 7:22pm
Not enough info. leading up to that for me to convict off that video. But unloading into the back of someone is never a good thing, especially on camera. Article states cop has been charged with murder so what more can you ask for at this point? Seems the system is working at the moment. Meanwhile, no one seems concerned about what went down in Kenya the other day. That doesn't line Al and Jesse's pockets though. Damn animals went to the school and killed real innocent people. People who stood the best chance to make a difference in that shithole of a country.

The Shop

jmar
4/7/2015 8:04pm
especially on camera.

I don't really care what al or jesse thinks. They are just as much of the problem as anyone who defends this officer.

The charges need to be adjusted as needed to show that his officer made a bad decision. Not something that isn't going to stick and let him walk.

Just my .02 cents.
JW381
4/7/2015 8:59pm
newmann wrote:
Not enough info. leading up to that for me to convict off that video. But unloading into the back of someone is never a good thing...
Not enough info. leading up to that for me to convict off that video. But unloading into the back of someone is never a good thing, especially on camera. Article states cop has been charged with murder so what more can you ask for at this point? Seems the system is working at the moment. Meanwhile, no one seems concerned about what went down in Kenya the other day. That doesn't line Al and Jesse's pockets though. Damn animals went to the school and killed real innocent people. People who stood the best chance to make a difference in that shithole of a country.

So viciously, disgustingly sad. I have a hard time placing myself in a scenario where I could actually kill another person (obviously under certain circumstances I would if absolutely necessary), but slaughtering innocent people like that is an evil far beyond me.
PalerBlue
4/8/2015 12:30am
newmann wrote:
Not enough info. leading up to that for me to convict off that video. But unloading into the back of someone is never a good thing...

"no one seems concerned"????

Where d'you get that from? It's not been off the news here with endless outrage. Maybe, if "no one seems concerned" in America, then that's just your culture.
FIREfish148
4/8/2015 2:18am
The dude wasn't even running fast at all. Surely the cop could have caught up to him. Just disgraceful.
markit
4/8/2015 3:18am
Straight up shot in the back.
TDeath21
4/8/2015 5:42am
Any white on black crime is big news, because it's so rare.
71Fish
4/8/2015 5:42am
To play devil's advocate, I could (almost) see this happening in some adrenaline fueled rage. But to then tamper with evidence and lie about it is just so wrong on even the most basic level.

I wonder how many other times this cop did wrong and lied about it.

And yes Ice Ice Baby, this one is worth protesting about.
PalerBlue
4/8/2015 5:46am
Let's be honest here, with no video, this cop walks and most of you would be defending him.

Who really knows what happened in the previous cases.

Body mounted go-pros for all cops and this shit stops overnight, and the real bad guys (whoever they may be) can no longer hide behind lies.
4/8/2015 5:52am
The events on the video don't appear to bode well for the officer.

Like others have mentioned, why were they this far away from the car on a traffic stop for a broken tail light?

Why do unarmed black men continue to feel the need to struggle with and/or run from the police when they are pulled over or questioned?
4/8/2015 6:13am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2015 6:38am
The events on the video don't appear to bode well for the officer. Like others have mentioned, why were they this far away from the car...

Like others have mentioned, why were they this far away from the car on a traffic stop for a broken tail light?

Why do unarmed black men continue to feel the need to struggle with and/or run from the police when they are pulled over or questioned?
Bad parenting?

This doesn't justify what the cop did but if you don't run from the cops, or punch the cops and you just comply then you probably aren't going to get shot by the cops.
h&m_cycle
4/8/2015 6:23am
Brad460 wrote:
Terrible! From the video it does not appear the officer was in immediate danger..and had no right to shoot.. Curious, why was this guy grabbing for...
Terrible! From the video it does not appear the officer was in immediate danger..and had no right to shoot..

Curious, why was this guy grabbing for the officers stun gun? I got pulled over on Easter Sunday on my way home from riding and it never once crossed my mind to grab the officers gun or stun gun..
The question is , why did the officer try to PLANT the stun gun next to the dead guy? Right in front of the other
officer? Then he picked up after planting it. must of figured out he didn't have the guy's finger prints on it.
h&m_cycle
4/8/2015 6:24am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2015 6:25am
He ran from the cop because he just got tazered

DEATH PENALTY
IWreckALot
4/8/2015 6:27am
The events on the video don't appear to bode well for the officer. Like others have mentioned, why were they this far away from the car...

Bad parenting? This doesn't justify what the cop did but if you don't run from the cops, or punch the cops and you just comply then...
Bad parenting?

This doesn't justify what the cop did but if you don't run from the cops, or punch the cops and you just comply then you probably aren't going to get shot by the cops.
Agreed 100%.

Officer was 100% wrong based on the video. But had the suspect not run or struggled with the officer in the first place, probably a different end scenario.

PalerBlue, I disagree. In cases where no video evidence is available, you have to go on the evidence. The Ferguson deal, the evidence supported the officer's story. The witness accounts were fabricated as they were inconsistent from story to story, and didn't support the evidence. In this story, being shot in the back from a distance, there wouldn't be much hope for this officer without the video.
newmann
4/8/2015 7:07am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2015 7:08am
Brad460 wrote:
Terrible! From the video it does not appear the officer was in immediate danger..and had no right to shoot.. Curious, why was this guy grabbing for...

h&m_cycle wrote:
The question is , why did the officer try to PLANT the stun gun next to the dead guy? Right in front of the other officer...
The question is , why did the officer try to PLANT the stun gun next to the dead guy? Right in front of the other
officer? Then he picked up after planting it. must of figured out he didn't have the guy's finger prints on it.
Planted it? That's what the media is pushing but it appeared as if it was just moved close to where the crime scene had moved to. I would not consider it a wise move to leave a "weapon" 50 feet away for anyone to come and pick up. In the video, it looks as if that may be the taser going to the ground behind the officer. That would make it out of view from the officer who may have thought the guy had control of it. Heated situation.

Also, the media is quick to portray this man as an unarmed father of four. The douchebag had warrants out for his arrest for not paying child support. That kind of makes him "not" a father in my eyes. And about that unarmed comment, who is to say the cop didn't consider him armed when the taser was wrestled away. Why did the guy run from a simple traffic stop? He fled so the cop may have not known he was the legal owner of the vehicle. Legal owners typically don't run from a traffic stop. He could have stolen the car and robbed a bank for all the cop knew. Why did he wrestle with the cop? If the cop caught his ass, he could have simply surrendered and been taken to jail and lived to tell about it. Attacking a cop ranks right up there with attacking my kids. There is a good possibility that wouldn't end well either.

Like Jmar stated, charging the officer with murder right off the bat wasn't a good move. Good possibility he could walk from that. The mayor is just trying to buy some time and hold off another Ferguson. Business owners better start gearing up and checking insurance policies for riot coverage. Shit is going to hit the fan soon.
borg
4/8/2015 7:23am
Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

Taken from Wikipedia.

Information about the traffic stop and shooting will eventually come out so I will not speculate but just from the video, it's hard to see anything that resembles a threat to the officer or others.

4/8/2015 7:36am
Brad460 wrote:

h&m_cycle wrote:
The question is , why did the officer try to PLANT the stun gun next to the dead guy? Right in front of the other officer...
newmann wrote:
Planted it? That's what the media is pushing but it appeared as if it was just moved close to where the crime scene had moved to...
Planted it? That's what the media is pushing but it appeared as if it was just moved close to where the crime scene had moved to. I would not consider it a wise move to leave a "weapon" 50 feet away for anyone to come and pick up. In the video, it looks as if that may be the taser going to the ground behind the officer. That would make it out of view from the officer who may have thought the guy had control of it. Heated situation.

Also, the media is quick to portray this man as an unarmed father of four. The douchebag had warrants out for his arrest for not paying child support. That kind of makes him "not" a father in my eyes. And about that unarmed comment, who is to say the cop didn't consider him armed when the taser was wrestled away. Why did the guy run from a simple traffic stop? He fled so the cop may have not known he was the legal owner of the vehicle. Legal owners typically don't run from a traffic stop. He could have stolen the car and robbed a bank for all the cop knew. Why did he wrestle with the cop? If the cop caught his ass, he could have simply surrendered and been taken to jail and lived to tell about it. Attacking a cop ranks right up there with attacking my kids. There is a good possibility that wouldn't end well either.

Like Jmar stated, charging the officer with murder right off the bat wasn't a good move. Good possibility he could walk from that. The mayor is just trying to buy some time and hold off another Ferguson. Business owners better start gearing up and checking insurance policies for riot coverage. Shit is going to hit the fan soon.
Yep, he may have been found to be unarmed in end, but he wasn't cuffed yet and therefore hadn't been fully checked to see if he was armed or not.
4/8/2015 7:52am
PalerBlue wrote:
Let's be honest here, with no video, this cop walks and most of you would be defending him. Who really knows what happened in the previous...
Let's be honest here, with no video, this cop walks and most of you would be defending him.

Who really knows what happened in the previous cases.

Body mounted go-pros for all cops and this shit stops overnight, and the real bad guys (whoever they may be) can no longer hide behind lies.
X1000 on the GoPro comment.

TDeath21
4/8/2015 8:08am

Bad parenting? This doesn't justify what the cop did but if you don't run from the cops, or punch the cops and you just comply then...
Bad parenting?

No shit. I've been pulled over by the police about 5 times. I've never been harmed in any way. Why? Because I pull over right when they flip their lights on, shut off my car, and keep my hands on the steering wheel until they get up next to me. Then I just talk to them like I do anyone else. I've got a couple tickets out of the deal, but I've never once felt threatened by an officer, and I have not once been pulled over when I wasn't breaking the law.
motosmith
4/8/2015 8:11am
We recently had a white cop shoot a white kid in the back as the kid was running away.

The kid lived. No charges filed against the cop.

There is an immense burden of proof needed to convict a cop.
newmann
4/8/2015 8:14am
I'm not defending anyone or talking shit on anyone just simply commenting on what is currently known. You on the other hand are quick to throw the book at someone without knowing any facts. The cop has been charged with murder. What more can YOU ask for at this moment?

Scary to think that honest hardworking family oriented and responsible non delinquent taxpayers are typically gun owners? Think about how stupid that makes you look for a moment.

Trollers gonna troll.... carry on buddy.
CR250Rider
4/8/2015 8:29am
The guy ( cop) just looking for an excuse to kill someone. 8 shots point blank. Pure bullshit. Then plants evidence in front of another cop.
This guy beeds to be made an example.
I'm with vanilla, this needs protesting.
thank god there's video.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/8/2015 11:32am
This cop is screwed 6 ways 'til Sunday.

You know how they let OJ go, mostly so there wouldn't be a repeat of the LA riots? They're going to burn this guy for the same (opposite) reason; to avoid a violent uprising.
kongols
4/8/2015 11:36am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2015 11:38am
Falcon wrote:
This cop is screwed 6 ways 'til Sunday. You know how they let OJ go, mostly so there wouldn't be a repeat of the LA riots...
This cop is screwed 6 ways 'til Sunday.

You know how they let OJ go, mostly so there wouldn't be a repeat of the LA riots? They're going to burn this guy for the same (opposite) reason; to avoid a violent uprising.
Do you believe he was right, he had a reason to shot a guy and then plant an shocker to make it right?
Too bad there was no video of Zimmerman shooting. That was a first thing I thought when I saw this video.
tbanks
4/8/2015 12:48pm
Originally the guy was pulled over for a tail light being out. The park where the shooting took place is right next to an auto parts store where the guy was headed to get (said) tail light replaced.

I don't know how they got from the store to the park. I do believe the cop was completely in the wrong in gunning him down. It makes it worse that he moved the tazor. It's the missing time from the store to the struggle in the park that will play heavily on the outcome of it all. Unfortunately we will only have the cops side of the story of what happened during that time.

Like others have said if there was no video evidence this thing would be completely different.

Post a reply to: What's your take on this police shooting?

The Latest