What the hell has happened to the Rap/Hip Hop scene??

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2018 12:46 PM

Seriously folks. Just when you think it's finally hit rock bottom, we are given this which proves it's still cratering. You can still find some decent underground type stuff I hope, but this main stream crap is absolute garbage in my opinion. Am I the only one?

Give me some Wu-Tang, 2pac, Dr. Dre any day of the week over this crap.

|

7/25/2018 1:07 PM

It's mostly horrible now. I was just talking the other day about the comparison. Listen to Wu Tang, Mobb Deep etc and then most of the new stuff back to back....wtf.

|

7/25/2018 1:17 PM

That dude is a clown.

|

I have the right to remain awesome.

7/25/2018 1:23 PM

Fresh wink
Preorder/Presave Everlast's Whitey Ford's House of Pain - out September 7th: https://fanlink.to/wfhop_preorder

|

7/25/2018 1:35 PM

Bring back the east coast /west coast battle .

|

7/25/2018 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2018 1:46 PM

90s rap was serious, early 2000s was fun, todays rap is just lazy. There is some good stuff out there but way more crap to sort thru.

|

7/25/2018 1:42 PM

There was a rider who said he listened to 69 on a podcast a few weeks ago and I actually had to listen 3 times to make sure I heard that right

|

7/25/2018 2:14 PM

Well... not sure what to say to that. Not really a rap guy, but that gentleman made me want to hit a deer on the way home

|

7/25/2018 2:35 PM

That was crap but I think one of the worse one's has to be that little shit Lil' Pump.

I seriously do not understand how that shit is as popular as it is.

Gucci Gang? WTF!

752 Million views.

?rel=0

Had a laugh watching this. OG's aren't having it.

?rel=0
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/25/2018 4:05 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Seriously folks. Just when you think it's finally hit rock bottom, we are given this which proves it's still cratering. You can still find some decent underground type stuff I hope, but this main stream crap is absolute garbage in my opinion. Am I the only one?

I wish I could unwatch that. I'll never understand.

|

7/25/2018 4:14 PM

I'm old and set in my ways which do not include this genre as music. I absolutely believe that it should exist for those that create/enjoy it. Have a nut. I've heard some that had intelligent and meaningful lyrics but it all seems to embrace a thug or sexually exploitive theme. I enjoy a good looking woman as much as any man but choose not to buy into the premise that a desirable female is a gold digging whore. A man isn't tougher cause he can shoot a kid off a bicycle from his Escalade window. Be a rebel...not a dreg.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/25/2018 4:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2018 4:46 PM

I got right into Aussie stuff in the early 2000's, no bullshit about diamonds, wads of cash and cappn' yo ass type shit.

" frameborder="0">

I can't stand hearing Aussies sing in an American accent (Keith Urban the fuckwit hahaha).embed]
[/embed]
|

7/25/2018 4:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2018 4:48 PM

I've pretty much given up on modern music for now. It's all mostly garbage across all genres.

The only thing I have been listening to for the last six months is christian praise music. I know, odd. There is some really good stuff out there.

Travis Ryan - Until My Voice is Gone
Passion - Glorious Day
Phil Wickham - This is Amazing Grace
All Sons & Daughters - Great Are You Lord
Passion - 10,000 Reasons
Bethel Music & Leeland Mooring - Lion and the Lamb
Hillsong Young and Free - Brighter
Zach Williams - Chain Breaker
Matthew West - Broken Things
Elevation Worship - Look How He Lifted Me
MercyMe - I can only Imagine

I have a bunch of others. Have a play list of about 100 songs. It's all I've been listening to and it's been enjoyable.

Obviously not for everyone but you never know what you might like until you start listening...

|

7/25/2018 4:50 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

I got right into Aussie stuff in the early 2000's, no bullshit about diamonds, wads of cash and cappn' yo ass type shit.

" frameborder="0">

I can't stand hearing Aussies sing in an American accent (Keith Urban the fuckwit hahaha).embed]
[/embed]

All but that last one sounded very similar to Ian Dury, who I completely love. I'm too stupid to embed or link but give "My Old Man" a listen. Another great one is, "Reasons to be cheerful, part 3". It's way before rap but...you be the judge.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/25/2018 4:59 PM

plowboy wrote:

All but that last one sounded very similar to Ian Dury, who I completely love. I'm too stupid to embed or link but give "My Old Man" a listen. Another great one is, "Reasons to be cheerful, part 3". It's way before rap but...you be the judge.

I should have mentioned that Ian had amazing musicians in the band...which makes it not rap I guess. Wilco, Chris Spedding...brilliant.

|

7/25/2018 4:59 PM

TXDirt wrote:

I've pretty much given up on modern music for now. It's all mostly garbage across all genres.

The only thing I have been listening to for the last six months is christian praise music. I know, odd. There is some really good stuff out there.

Passion - Glorious Day
Passion - 10,000 Reasons

I have a bunch of others. Have a play list of about 100 songs. It's all I've been listening to and it's been enjoyable.

Obviously not for everyone but you never know what you might like until you start listening...

Have you seen the movie "I Can Only Imagine"? Not my type of music but thought it was a real good movie.

|

7/25/2018 5:00 PM

"I wanna be Straight" is a hoot as well.

|

7/25/2018 5:01 PM

plowboy wrote:

Reminded me of this! RIP Hunter and yer old-man.

|

7/25/2018 5:06 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Passion - Glorious Day
Passion - 10,000 Reasons

woodsrider427 wrote:

Have you seen the movie "I Can Only Imagine"? Not my type of music but thought it was a real good movie.

Yes!! I started a thread on it a few weeks ago actually. Fantastic movie for sure. MercyMe came to our church a few months ago and played I can Only Imagine. Was pretty awesome!

Have you seen October Sky? They are similar in some ways and October Sky is a great movie as well.

|

7/25/2018 5:08 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

" frameborder="0">

[/embed]

What are the Hilltop Hoods doing these days? I’m a bit older but liked a lot of their stuff. some was quite funny like “it’s a swan!” Also I don’t know if it qualifies as rap but the Streets were pretty good too.

|

7/25/2018 5:10 PM

Old School baby

?rel=0&start=72
|

"We don't rent pigs."

7/25/2018 5:10 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Passion - Glorious Day
Passion - 10,000 Reasons

woodsrider427 wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

Yes!! I started a thread on it a few weeks ago actually. Fantastic movie for sure. MercyMe came to our church a few months ago and played I can Only Imagine. Was pretty awesome!

Have you seen October Sky? They are similar in some ways and October Sky is a great movie as well.

I missed that thread. Yes, October Sky is a great movie. I've seen it several times. Most movies I've seen that are based on true stories have been good, one of my favorite types of movies.

|

7/25/2018 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2018 5:13 PM

plowboy wrote:

Step 1. On Youtube, click on "Share" under the video and to the right
Photo

Step 2. Click on "Embed"
Photo

Step 3. Click "Copy" Photo

Step 4. On Vital, click "Video" and right click on your mouse in that little box and select "paste"
Photo

Done.

|

7/25/2018 5:16 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Reminded me of this! RIP Hunter and yer old-man.

I can listen to that...it's real and heartfelt. Good stuff.

|

7/25/2018 5:16 PM

^^^^^

you can just paste into the comment window. You don't need to click on Video. Just FYI. One less step!!

|

7/25/2018 5:20 PM

Dropbear wrote:

What are the Hilltop Hoods doing these days? I’m a bit older but liked a lot of their stuff. some was quite funny like “it’s a swan!” Also I don’t know if it qualifies as rap but the Streets were pretty good too.

I have no idea, I like some of their stuff too, the Funkoars are pretty good too, similar to Hilltop. I don't listen to much other than early country, classical, and stuff from the '60's and '70's nowlaughing

|

7/25/2018 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2018 5:24 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Video is strange...but I do like the song. It quickly grew on me yesterday..I ain’t afraid to say it.

|

7/25/2018 5:23 PM

TXDirt wrote:

^^^^^

you can just paste into the comment window. You don't need to click on Video. Just FYI. One less step!!

laughing For some reason I always thought it would just post a link?! What a dumb goof I am, cheers TX!
|

7/25/2018 5:24 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

" frameborder="0">

[/embed]

plowboy wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:

Step 1. On Youtube, click on "Share" under the video and to the right
Photo

Step 2. Click on "Embed"
Photo

Step 3. Click "Copy" Photo

Step 4. On Vital, click "Video" and right click on your mouse in that little box and select "paste"
Photo

Done.

Sorry brother...those are not the options I get. Embed is not an option. Twitter, Facebook, email...that's it.

|

7/25/2018 5:41 PM

plowboy wrote:

Sorry brother...those are not the options I get. Embed is not an option. Twitter, Facebook, email...that's it.

I'm on an old ass kindle....don't know if that makes a difference.

|