What is it like living in Florida??

VET176
11/11/2022 12:59am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I keep hearing about bugs, has anyone been in Ontario Canada in the summer?

Holy shit!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
11/11/2022 5:10am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Holy shit!
They're not that bad!

My Dad moved to Florida last November after living in Maine for 24 years. He really likes it. Best part for him is no snow to shovel Wink
11/11/2022 10:44am
McG194 wrote:
I just thought of another great thing about Florida, no nosebleeds. Living in Michigan with GFA heat on for half of the year at home and...
I just thought of another great thing about Florida, no nosebleeds. Living in Michigan with GFA heat on for half of the year at home and work you would spend half the year with nosebleeds because of the dry air. My skin was so stinking dry it would split open around my nails. Also, when we moved down here, we had a 13-year-old dog with arthritis who was on daily medication and within 3 months she was off everything. If your bones hurt, they will hurt less down here.

As far as the slow driver myth, it's another made up story. Sure, if you move to The Villages you are going to be driving 10 under but on the plus side your sex life will be great. lol (The Villages which is basically retirees in golf carts leads the nation in STD's.) I commute every day on I-95 and the general flow of traffic is 85 mph. Two days ago a group of us were nose to tail at that speed and went past a cop in hiding and he stayed put. I pass the same cop at least 10 days out of the month and I'm never under 80 mph.

If you're interested in more than moto, I'd say that if any state beats Florida for opportunities to race or spectate it would have to be California. All major series stop in Florida from SX, AMA Road racing, Flat Track, NHRA, F1, Indy Car, NASCAR, WOO, IMSA, Offshore boats and a ton more I'm not thinking of. Two major amateur MX races between Mini-O's and RCSX at Daytona.
I-95 is much better than 75 or 4 for sure. Anywhere within a 60 mile radius of Tampa or Orlando you’ll deal with traffic.
McG194
11/11/2022 11:36am
McG194 wrote:
I just thought of another great thing about Florida, no nosebleeds. Living in Michigan with GFA heat on for half of the year at home and...
I just thought of another great thing about Florida, no nosebleeds. Living in Michigan with GFA heat on for half of the year at home and work you would spend half the year with nosebleeds because of the dry air. My skin was so stinking dry it would split open around my nails. Also, when we moved down here, we had a 13-year-old dog with arthritis who was on daily medication and within 3 months she was off everything. If your bones hurt, they will hurt less down here.

As far as the slow driver myth, it's another made up story. Sure, if you move to The Villages you are going to be driving 10 under but on the plus side your sex life will be great. lol (The Villages which is basically retirees in golf carts leads the nation in STD's.) I commute every day on I-95 and the general flow of traffic is 85 mph. Two days ago a group of us were nose to tail at that speed and went past a cop in hiding and he stayed put. I pass the same cop at least 10 days out of the month and I'm never under 80 mph.

If you're interested in more than moto, I'd say that if any state beats Florida for opportunities to race or spectate it would have to be California. All major series stop in Florida from SX, AMA Road racing, Flat Track, NHRA, F1, Indy Car, NASCAR, WOO, IMSA, Offshore boats and a ton more I'm not thinking of. Two major amateur MX races between Mini-O's and RCSX at Daytona.
I-95 is much better than 75 or 4 for sure. Anywhere within a 60 mile radius of Tampa or Orlando you’ll deal with traffic.
Trust me, I drove for a year from Ormond Beach to MMI in Orlando. I-4 is murder. I would pay 8 bucks a day and take 417 to avoid that parking lot. Not sure if it's much better with the I-4 Ultimate expansion, I still take the country roads to the north or 417 south around it.

The Shop

SEEMEFIRST
11/11/2022 11:42am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Holy shit!
Jarid332 wrote:
They're not that bad! My Dad moved to Florida last November after living in Maine for 24 years. He really likes it. Best part for him...
They're not that bad!

My Dad moved to Florida last November after living in Maine for 24 years. He really likes it. Best part for him is no snow to shovel Wink
What?
We went to Souix Lookout a couple of years canoeing and fishing.
A 300 meter portage will result in hundreds of mosquito bites, and if you step on a ground bee hive, you are toast!
FastJoe
11/11/2022 11:47am
Not a big fan of Orlando. That’s some serious land-locked heat.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
11/11/2022 4:01pm
I4 is garunteed dead stop at some points throughout each day. I don't mind i95 or i75 but I go sr17 straight up the middle when I go to Orlando. It's scenic and fast.
McG194
11/11/2022 5:20pm
FLmxer wrote:
I4 is garunteed dead stop at some points throughout each day. I don't mind i95 or i75 but I go sr17 straight up the middle when...
I4 is garunteed dead stop at some points throughout each day. I don't mind i95 or i75 but I go sr17 straight up the middle when I go to Orlando. It's scenic and fast.
I'm going to Bartow Sunday morning to race and I'll leave early enough to take I-4 but the ride home will most likely be 429 to 44 to 15 then 11. May be a few miles longer but I'm always going at a good clip and it's a nice drive in the country.
lumpy790
11/12/2022 11:18am
Wife keeps talking about us retiring to Florida and I keep saying HELL NO how about Arizona?

Buggering out of Hurricane central is not to my liking.

Dave could tell us lots about what its like living there most of his life.
FastJoe
11/12/2022 1:04pm
You would trust the word of someone that mentally imbalanced on ANY topic?
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
11/12/2022 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2022 4:30pm
Different Dave but my wife and I have lived here our whole lives too if anyone has any questions. 😁
11/14/2022 8:31pm
theres alot of sluts in florida

i approve!
Ever work all ovr the se ? You can hv 6 different chics a week with 1 day of rest. Florida is double that plus you hv mega rich old ladies looking for a young man to lay by the pool, dinner dates and a shuffle board partner. When she comes back from the clinic and things r lossened up. She may ring the Bell. Hoho now where gonna see how much of a Profeshenal u r. Haha Check out yborr city the rich baseball players wives go there to get wild and get laid. Free rent , great food and drive his Mercedes’ around when he,s out of town playing. Just say your a cousin from out of town.
In public just don’t get caught giving her tongue. Haha
11/14/2022 8:35pm
Ever work all ovr the se ? You can hv 6 different chics a week with 1 day of rest. Florida is double that plus you...
Ever work all ovr the se ? You can hv 6 different chics a week with 1 day of rest. Florida is double that plus you hv mega rich old ladies looking for a young man to lay by the pool, dinner dates and a shuffle board partner. When she comes back from the clinic and things r lossened up. She may ring the Bell. Hoho now where gonna see how much of a Profeshenal u r. Haha Check out yborr city the rich baseball players wives go there to get wild and get laid. Free rent , great food and drive his Mercedes’ around when he,s out of town playing. Just say your a cousin from out of town.
In public just don’t get caught giving her tongue. Haha
i think i read somewhere you're quite the whore monger?

ive been all over the south as well, florida is or was a pretty good place to be a trick daddy

there are lots of lower/working class white girls who gotta pay the bills to get'r done so thats what you get!

sandman768
11/15/2022 5:47am
In all seriousness… they are a ton of really hot good looking women down here in south Florida…..I”m married but …. I”m only a man… do the best that I can….
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
11/22/2022 8:01am
I was wondering why our city is as packed or worse than tourist season right now when every tourist location is gone or closed to the public after the hurricane. All the islands are closed to non residents. Turns out the whole country is moving to Florida, well Florida always has had the most people moving here per day than any other place in the world but I guess after the election it's really popular. Kind of a catch 22. Used to only be seasonal traffic but now will be year round.
sandman768
11/22/2022 8:41am
FLmxer wrote:
I was wondering why our city is as packed or worse than tourist season right now when every tourist location is gone or closed to the...
I was wondering why our city is as packed or worse than tourist season right now when every tourist location is gone or closed to the public after the hurricane. All the islands are closed to non residents. Turns out the whole country is moving to Florida, well Florida always has had the most people moving here per day than any other place in the world but I guess after the election it's really popular. Kind of a catch 22. Used to only be seasonal traffic but now will be year round.
I have that same sentiment in the last 5 years in Jupiter. After the holidays is really when it gets super busy down here, with many Canadian”s also… Florida the new California 😂
11/23/2022 7:22pm
FLmxer wrote:
I was wondering why our city is as packed or worse than tourist season right now when every tourist location is gone or closed to the...
Will probably b needing another huge pipeline. In the 90,s the biggest const project in the world was phase 3. Houston to Miami 54 and 60in Id. Traffic in the northeast is a million times worse than anywhere in the country. Va. To pa. Is really bad. But Conn. Ma. Is brutal. Still not out of it nh and me. Is still bad mostly due to the fact they can’t drive they sit in the middle lane going slow . We get a double ticket in the 3rd ln. Nyc is bad but north of there is brutal. Ny,ma.,conn. People r horrible aggressive drivers 10x worse than a nightmare. Going north or south you can’t believe that there’s that many people in the world. Oh yeah no where to park or get fuel. Conn. Scales open with chase cars if we run it that’s a 2 hr delay. Not even weighing r trk s just eye balling drivers. X military dot harassing people they don’t like. I tried to get 375 a day for a ne rate. We used to get it b4 illegals flooded the industry. 20 hrs driving to get 290 mi. Dispatch claims quite a few drivers r sitting with no ld . It took him 2 days to find the Va. to me. , me. Pu to 2 drops in dc and 2 more in Nc. Baltimore and DC is insane traffic I call bs and said I would rather sit than put myself in a 10,000 times higher accident zone, starve, no parking , no fuel. Florida has traffic but it usually is moving. Hurricanes r crazy we did not shutdown the worlds strongest hhg rig. Yeah these guys where nuts 12-16 hr days 7 days a week a month straight. They said it’s just a hurricane just a little rain.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
11/24/2022 7:14am
I was just told that the reason that there is so many coming now is because for the first time in history there is no Democrats in office in Florida. Is this true?
plowboy
11/24/2022 7:21am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2022 7:43am
produde...why in the hell do you stay east? Anywhere west of the Mississippi is 1000x better for driving a rig. Is the pay just that much better? I hauled 1 load of table grapes from the Valley to Baltimore....nope. I prefer the big, wide-open.
sandman768
11/24/2022 7:33am
FLmxer wrote:
I was just told that the reason that there is so many coming now is because for the first time in history there is no Democrats...
I was just told that the reason that there is so many coming now is because for the first time in history there is no Democrats in office in Florida. Is this true?
In NY the Dems have control over the Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General & both chambers of state legislature…. Everything….that means they can & will continue to drive out hard working, tax paying citizens and continually attack the wealthy with their tax& spend ideology. The Governor has even stated “ if you are a republican, you can get on a bus to Florida” …. We”ll the people that have the means to get out… are doing just that…
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
11/24/2022 7:52am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2022 8:07am
I still love NY. Though. Whale Harbor
Sorry. Today is a day to give thanks.
plowboy
11/24/2022 8:00am
Lived in the Mulberry, Bartow, Sebring areas a a kid. This is what I remember...hot, rainy, gigantic sun spiders trying to eat your face off, running down the street behind the DDT fogging jeep to get some relief from the skeeters. In other words...kid heavenWoohoo
Ob917
11/24/2022 9:25am
I couldn’t live there full time, but only because of the lack of mountains. Everything else is so good. I love visiting FL.
plowboy
11/24/2022 9:48am
Ob917 wrote:
I couldn’t live there full time, but only because of the lack of mountains. Everything else is so good. I love visiting FL.
I'm used to flat. Hell, the trash dump is usually the highest point in most counties in these parts.
McG194
11/24/2022 1:42pm
FLmxer wrote:
I was just told that the reason that there is so many coming now is because for the first time in history there is no Democrats...
That is correct, no Democrat holds statewide office.

Post a reply to: What is it like living in Florida??

The Latest