What is going on in South Carolina ?

fcr
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 8:27pm
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=OEV6GvSRiI9

This guy won the Dem primary and he is not aware of many things about his campaign. He isn't the sharpest guy around either. What is going on?
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2010/06/13/nr.alvin.greene.bp…
|
fcr
6/13/2010 11:55am
Really give confidence in our system.
Biscuit
6/13/2010 12:35pm
Well, right now, there is a little ballgame going on. Looks like Costal has a serious shot of taking it to 3 games. Hope not, but can see it happening.
bultokid
6/13/2010 1:26pm
So what does that make CA and VT then ?

The Shop

MX479Guy
6/13/2010 2:17pm
Biscuit wrote:
Well, right now, there is a little ballgame going on. Looks like Costal has a serious shot of taking it to 3 games. Hope not, but...
Well, right now, there is a little ballgame going on. Looks like Costal has a serious shot of taking it to 3 games. Hope not, but can see it happening.
Aluminum bats, and game over. Why are these guys still using aluminum bats again?
Biscuit
6/13/2010 3:34pm
Biscuit wrote:
Well, right now, there is a little ballgame going on. Looks like Costal has a serious shot of taking it to 3 games. Hope not, but...
MX479Guy wrote:
Aluminum bats, and game over. Why are these guys still using aluminum bats again?
Dont know! But I fucking love the "PING"!!!!!!

Would not be college baseball without it.
JustMX
6/13/2010 4:30pm
So,

The guy does no campaigning, wins because his name sounds "More balck" than others, and appears to be about as intelligent as a grade school kid but wins anyway and now his own party is crying foal?

What does that have to do with "Right-Wing" anything???????
level
6/13/2010 7:17pm
It's real shady. Almost looks like he was planted there and he is being fed answers also. Real, real shady shit.
JustMX
6/14/2010 4:57am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:24pm
Let's see,

Uninformed voters elect a candidate that is completely unqualified and inexeprienced.

Onlookers are left scratching their heads wondering wtf those voters were thinking.

That has NEVER happened before!
wolfeman5
6/14/2010 8:18am
JustMX wrote:
Let's see, Uninformed voters elect a candidate that is completely unqualified and inexeprienced. Onlookers are left scratching their heads wondering wtf those voters were thinking. That...
Let's see,

Uninformed voters elect a candidate that is completely unqualified and inexeprienced.

Onlookers are left scratching their heads wondering wtf those voters were thinking.

Yeah I think that happened in November 2008.
Truespode
6/14/2010 11:03am
I don't think the guy is a great candidate (or a good person based on his felony charges) but I am upset that everyone is going after him and trying to get him to drop out now. He paid the fee, he is qualified per the rules of the constitution and he won.

This could be just a case of voters not wanting the same ol same ol or it could be a fluke. I don't know.

I don't see this as being a republican plant b/c who would have thought this guy had a chance to win? Why plant someone with no chance?

I wish more people would run who do not have experience. Look at the problems around us and you can see what the traditional political experience gets us.

Now if he is convicted of his felony then he needs to be removed... but not just b/c he was charged.

Ivan
Truespode
6/14/2010 11:37am
But why plant an unknown with really no chance of winning? That is the part that I don't understand. Even the person who took the filing fee offered to give it back if he changed his mind b/c nobody thought he had any shot at winning.

If his win is part of some corrupt scheme then it is ballot stuffing or something of that nature. Not a plant.

I actually am a little concerned that neither side is looking at investigating any type of voting irregularity.

I still like the idea that anybody can go, pay the fee and run for office. I like that part of it and wish more people would do it but they won't because they don't want to defend themselves from the typical pettiness that will come about.

It really is a sad state of affairs that our political system has become.

Ivan
Truespode
6/14/2010 12:14pm
LOL!

I miss SC and want to move back!!!!

TN is great but I really like being closer to my family and friends. I have the best job I have ever had here in TN but miss the little things Sad

Ivan
uk125250
6/14/2010 12:20pm
JustMX wrote:
Let's see, Uninformed voters elect a candidate that is completely unqualified and inexeprienced. Onlookers are left scratching their heads wondering wtf those voters were thinking. That...
Let's see,

Yes it did, back in 08.
borg
6/14/2010 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:24pm
What about North Carolina?

Truespode
6/14/2010 12:33pm
Financially it is great. Plenty of stability, great area, all the things people would normally want.

But I'm not normal Smile

I helped raise my niece since she was born (her dad is not in the picture) and she is 13 now. I thought it would be easier being this far away since she is so involved in her own things but it is harder than I expected.

It isn't so much being homesick as much as I feel I am neglecting responsibility.

I will be back in SC one day... I just have to wait for the right opportunity and that is not going to happen soon in this economy.

Ivan
JustMX
6/14/2010 12:40pm
Ivan,

Glad things are going well for you.

Nacho Daddy, If "one party has absolute power" why is it that the one complaining the loudest is also a democrat senator from the SAME STATE! He is complaining about a candidate winning a democrat party primary, not a general election.

Your definition of "Absolute power" is completely different than the rest of the country.
6/14/2010 12:47pm
Truespode wrote:
Financially it is great. Plenty of stability, great area, all the things people would normally want. But I'm not normal :) I helped raise my niece...
Financially it is great. Plenty of stability, great area, all the things people would normally want.

But I'm not normal Smile

I helped raise my niece since she was born (her dad is not in the picture) and she is 13 now. I thought it would be easier being this far away since she is so involved in her own things but it is harder than I expected.

It isn't so much being homesick as much as I feel I am neglecting responsibility.

I will be back in SC one day... I just have to wait for the right opportunity and that is not going to happen soon in this economy.

Ivan
I moved from Chattanooga to Pell City and I have to say I miss TN as well. I like my job here a lot better but Chatt was a much cooler place to live!
Frogman
6/14/2010 1:01pm
JustMX wrote:
Ivan, Glad things are going well for you. Nacho Daddy, If "one party has absolute power" why is it that the one complaining the loudest is...
Ivan,

Nacho Daddy, If "one party has absolute power" why is it that the one complaining the loudest is also a democrat senator from the SAME STATE! He is complaining about a candidate winning a democrat party primary, not a general election.

Your definition of "Absolute power" is completely different than the rest of the country.
Most of what he says is abnormal at best.
Truespode
6/14/2010 1:07pm
JustMX wrote:
Ivan, Glad things are going well for you. Nacho Daddy, If "one party has absolute power" why is it that the one complaining the loudest is...
Ivan,

Thanks... I still miss Saturday nights under the lights at Shelby and Top Gun!

Best time of my life!!!

Ivan
MX479Guy
6/15/2010 10:15am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:25pm

Post a reply to: What is going on in South Carolina ?

The Latest