What goes up, must come down

Edited Date/Time 11/6/2017 8:04am
I take care of a couple buildings in a really nice part of the city of Saint Louis and I'm up to14 as of these three I found last week. I have been finding them for the last few years. On the roofs of two of the buildings I take care of. Shit is real in STL.
|
4/4/2017 8:42am
I grew up in the west county suburbs of St. Louis, nothing like the city. We go to the city for baseball, football (not anymore), the Zoo, and SX races. All I can say is put your wallet in your front pocket and head on a swivel.
Years back when Nerd was a frequent poster here, he put up some cool pics of the city from the East side late at night. Luckily it was damn near 0 degrees outside keeping the crazies indoors.
Yes, shit is real in the city of STL.

The Shop

motosmith
4/4/2017 9:02am
My friend and I got lost leaving the Supercross race one year in STL. Ended up in some shithole industrial area with warehouses and old equipment everywhere. The corner of one warehouse had a bar sign so we decide to stop and have another beer for the road. We walk in and we are the only white people in the building. The place is packed and everyone in the place stops what they are doing and stares at us in disbelief, like they've never seen a white boy in their life. We have a beer and leave. The next day I describe the area to a guy at the hotel desk. He gets the same look of disbelief on his face and says, dude, white people don't go in that area. It's not safe. I said, yeah we got lost. Smile
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
4/4/2017 10:45am
motosmith wrote:
My friend and I got lost leaving the Supercross race one year in STL. Ended up in some shithole industrial area with warehouses and old equipment...
My friend and I got lost leaving the Supercross race one year in STL. Ended up in some shithole industrial area with warehouses and old equipment everywhere. The corner of one warehouse had a bar sign so we decide to stop and have another beer for the road. We walk in and we are the only white people in the building. The place is packed and everyone in the place stops what they are doing and stares at us in disbelief, like they've never seen a white boy in their life. We have a beer and leave. The next day I describe the area to a guy at the hotel desk. He gets the same look of disbelief on his face and says, dude, white people don't go in that area. It's not safe. I said, yeah we got lost. Smile
Hut
4/4/2017 8:08pm
Excuse me Holmes, that video totally reminds me of the time I let Iphone maps give me and wife directions to Edward Jones Dome through East St Louis!!! Woohoo
4/5/2017 7:22am
There is a nudie bar just across the river from the Dome called PT's. You can get way more than a dance if you bring cash. Just what a friend told me.

About 5 years ago I stayed at the Embassy Suites right next to Edward Jones Dome. All we had to do was walk across the parking lot to the entrance of the race. We left the stadium after day practice headed back to the room for a break. We walked right by our car. 20 minutes later the front desk called and said our car was broken into. A couple of dudes, bright daylight, people walking everywhere, smashed out the passenger window and ripped out the $100 walmart stereo from my buddies car. Unbelievable they did this with so many people around during the day.

The 4 hour drive home Sunday without a passenger window, below freezing temps, in silence, was not fun.

hvaughn88
4/5/2017 7:29am
There is a nudie bar just across the river from the Dome called PT's. You can get way more than a dance if you bring cash...
There is a nudie bar just across the river from the Dome called PT's. You can get way more than a dance if you bring cash. Just what a friend told me.

About 5 years ago I stayed at the Embassy Suites right next to Edward Jones Dome. All we had to do was walk across the parking lot to the entrance of the race. We left the stadium after day practice headed back to the room for a break. We walked right by our car. 20 minutes later the front desk called and said our car was broken into. A couple of dudes, bright daylight, people walking everywhere, smashed out the passenger window and ripped out the $100 walmart stereo from my buddies car. Unbelievable they did this with so many people around during the day.

The 4 hour drive home Sunday without a passenger window, below freezing temps, in silence, was not fun.

Immediately had this image in my mind:

XXVoid MainXX
4/18/2017 4:09pm
I thought I had two pictures of the bullets I pulled out of the roof. Lol
Sorry about that! Those could be mine. Smile I'm in Troy, IL. Smile
gt80rider
4/18/2017 7:04pm
I grew up in the STL. Btw, when people talk about "how bad" places like Detroit, or parts of LA, or Gary Indiana, etc, etc, etc, are, they have no idea what north city STL and parts of the east side are like.

It's pretty weird. People shoot off guns all the time in the STL, and I am not talking about crime. For instance, we had a neighbor that would shoot off what sounded like a 12 gauge shotgun every time the Blues scored, home AND away games. He would just walk out his back door and let'er rip into the sky. Hey, at least we knew how many times the Blues scored every night.

And yo Britches, the east side, even today, gives wayyyy more mileage than any other city in the states. A dollar can go a long ways, and a $150 can pretty much get ya whatever you are looking for. Some of the shadier clubs still have pharmacists on duty if that is your thing too.

Post a reply to: What goes up, must come down

The Latest