What do you Drive

plowboy
8/24/2018 5:50pm
joshflo wrote:
My baby. Just bought it in January [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/23/282327/s1200_FC6A2897_B603_4B94_B342_414561069841.jpg[/img]
My baby. Just bought it in January

avidchimp wrote:
Oh Man, she's purrty. I am SO CLOSE to pulling the trigger on that exact truck in dark grey.

3.5 Eco or 5.0?
Good looking rig but here's my heartache...IDGAF what Ford says...a 3.5 or 5.0 are not big enough to power that beast. They are relying on that new gazillion speed transmission to constantly look for meat. There ain't that much meat on those tiddlers. No replacement for displacement.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
8/24/2018 5:57pm
plowboy wrote:
Good looking rig but here's my heartache...IDGAF what Ford says...a 3.5 or 5.0 are not big enough to power that beast. They are relying on that...
Good looking rig but here's my heartache...IDGAF what Ford says...a 3.5 or 5.0 are not big enough to power that beast. They are relying on that new gazillion speed transmission to constantly look for meat. There ain't that much meat on those tiddlers. No replacement for displacement.
I hear what you're saying for sure, but I'm not towing anything crazy heavy and I live in LA. Besides, I'd be upgrading from my 2006 with the gutless but bulletproof 4.6 V8. Laughing
joshflo
8/24/2018 11:10pm
plowboy wrote:
Good looking rig but here's my heartache...IDGAF what Ford says...a 3.5 or 5.0 are not big enough to power that beast. They are relying on that...
avidchimp wrote:
I hear what you're saying for sure, but I'm not towing anything crazy heavy and I live in LA. Besides, I'd be upgrading from my 2006...
I hear what you're saying for sure, but I'm not towing anything crazy heavy and I live in LA. Besides, I'd be upgrading from my 2006 with the gutless but bulletproof 4.6 V8. Laughing
Neither. The babyboost. I was dead set against it but then I drove one...coming from a 2010 with a chipped 5.4, that little motor has some balls! Peak torque is super low like a diesel. I also got factory 3.73 gears because I knew I’d put bigger tires on it and I pull is a 16 ft flatbed trailer with a rzr 1000 4 seater, it gets the job done. All the motors are good it just depends what you want...3.5 for towing, 5.0 for sound, 2.7 for quickness/gas mileage. Seriously, drive all of them you might be surprised
plowboy
8/25/2018 5:56am
plowboy wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
I hear what you're saying for sure, but I'm not towing anything crazy heavy and I live in LA. Besides, I'd be upgrading from my 2006...
joshflo wrote:
Neither. The babyboost. I was dead set against it but then I drove one...coming from a 2010 with a chipped 5.4, that little motor has some...
Neither. The babyboost. I was dead set against it but then I drove one...coming from a 2010 with a chipped 5.4, that little motor has some balls! Peak torque is super low like a diesel. I also got factory 3.73 gears because I knew I’d put bigger tires on it and I pull is a 16 ft flatbed trailer with a rzr 1000 4 seater, it gets the job done. All the motors are good it just depends what you want...3.5 for towing, 5.0 for sound, 2.7 for quickness/gas mileage. Seriously, drive all of them you might be surprised
I don't have any experience with the new stuff. If you have the means to trade and buy new every 2 years...it's all moot. I'm poor and cheap so it's more important because it's a loonnggg term relationshipWink

The Shop

HD1200
8/25/2018 7:36am
avidchimp wrote:
joshflo wrote:
Neither. The babyboost. I was dead set against it but then I drove one...coming from a 2010 with a chipped 5.4, that little motor has some...
plowboy wrote:
I don't have any experience with the new stuff. If you have the means to trade and buy new every 2 years...it's all moot. I'm poor...
I don't have any experience with the new stuff. If you have the means to trade and buy new every 2 years...it's all moot. I'm poor and cheap so it's more important because it's a loonnggg term relationshipWink
Plowboy, you should definitely drive one and see for yourself. I got my 2018 F150, 5.0 in January. It's impressive especially since the last 5.0 I owned was in my 1995 F150 which wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cats ass, lol!

joshflo
8/25/2018 8:29am
avidchimp wrote:
joshflo wrote:
plowboy wrote:
I don't have any experience with the new stuff. If you have the means to trade and buy new every 2 years...it's all moot. I'm poor...
Yep it all depends on your situation. If I towed a big trailer and had double the budget I wouldn’t even look at 1/2 tons. I just wanted a badass truck that could be a daily driver
joshflo
8/25/2018 8:30am
HD1200 wrote:
Plowboy, you should definitely drive one and see for yourself. I got my 2018 F150, 5.0 in January. It's impressive especially since the last 5.0 I...
Plowboy, you should definitely drive one and see for yourself. I got my 2018 F150, 5.0 in January. It's impressive especially since the last 5.0 I owned was in my 1995 F150 which wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cats ass, lol!

Nice man! How you liking it? I love mine so far
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
8/25/2018 9:10am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 9:10am
avidchimp wrote:
joshflo wrote:
plowboy wrote:
It’s amazing what they have done with such small motors. The 8-10 speed trannies are a little odd but if it gets you 25mpg cruising down the highway it’s well worth it. I’m like you and love the big old V8’s but I can’t resist the better gas mileage
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/25/2018 9:53am
joshflo wrote:
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:
It’s amazing what they have done with such small motors. The 8-10 speed trannies are a little odd but if it gets you 25mpg cruising down...
It’s amazing what they have done with such small motors. The 8-10 speed trannies are a little odd but if it gets you 25mpg cruising down the highway it’s well worth it. I’m like you and love the big old V8’s but I can’t resist the better gas mileage
I was skeptical of these new trans setups but have a 5.7 with an 8 speed and it’s great! Worlds better than my old setup that was 5 speed.
HD1200
8/25/2018 10:44am
HD1200 wrote:
Plowboy, you should definitely drive one and see for yourself. I got my 2018 F150, 5.0 in January. It's impressive especially since the last 5.0 I...

joshflo wrote:
Thank you, Like it allot! I have about 24k on it now and now issues except a pcm update. Air is cold, runs smooth, the 10 spd trans gets a little jumpy sometimes when going back to normal mode from sport mode. I enjoy it and it's nice having a sexy truck! I've had more compliments and people snapping pictures of this truck in the few months that I've had it than both of my previous trucks (2014 Black Chevy 1500 LTZ & 2016 Black GMC All Terrain) in the 3 years I had them.
joshflo
8/25/2018 11:00am
HD1200 wrote:
Thank you, Like it allot! I have about 24k on it now and now issues except a pcm update. Air is cold, runs smooth, the 10...
Thank you, Like it allot! I have about 24k on it now and now issues except a pcm update. Air is cold, runs smooth, the 10 spd trans gets a little jumpy sometimes when going back to normal mode from sport mode. I enjoy it and it's nice having a sexy truck! I've had more compliments and people snapping pictures of this truck in the few months that I've had it than both of my previous trucks (2014 Black Chevy 1500 LTZ & 2016 Black GMC All Terrain) in the 3 years I had them.
Same here it gets lots of attention. I’ve only put a little over 4500 on mine and it’s been great so far. How’s the 5.0 in sport mode? The little 2.7 is badass in sport lol
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
8/25/2018 4:31pm
HD1200 wrote:

joshflo wrote:
HD1200 wrote:
Thank you, Like it allot! I have about 24k on it now and now issues except a pcm update. Air is cold, runs smooth, the 10...
You had a 2014 LTZ? How did you like it?

A few months ago I bought a new Chevy LTZ crew cab and it was 14,500 off of retail. I couldn’t pass it up. Several thousand less than the similar Ford/Rams that I was looking at. Was never after the Chevy and never owned a Chevy truck. So far I like it but I’m not too impressed with the bells/whistles. We had a 2013 Ram Laramie that had more cushy goodies on it.

Were u happy with it?
Sharpe325
8/27/2018 9:52am
This is my ride sometimes a pain loading the bike lol
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
8/27/2018 11:24am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2018 11:25am
I originally went to buy a Ford f250 in 15. While at the dealer there was quite a few very unhappy owners. One guy even pulled up and threw his keys on the ground and yelled FYou and this pos. Its your problem now. I was like wow. I better do more research. I loved my Fords back in the day. Google had pages and pages of f250 problems and the worst was that the Ford had like 10 different motors in 11 years or something and once again they were starting from scratch because they couldn't fix the issues again. I couldn't believe it and wasn't about to spend 70k + on a problem. I searched the 15 Silverado issues and only found a door lock on that model. I have never loved a vehicle like I love my hd2500 ltz. So amazing to drive. I actually love road trips now because driving is effortless. Still like Fords too but this Chevy is amazing.
Sharpe325
8/27/2018 12:25pm
Im a diehard chevy guy and the cummins and 6 speed straightshift leaned me to the ram lol. I agree the chevys ride amazing. And as ford goes they should of have stayed with the 7.3 powerstroke motor.
Idaho747
8/27/2018 6:20pm
Rickyisms wrote:
97 7.3 crew cab long bed. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281895/s1200_IMG_4524.jpg[/img]
97 7.3 crew cab long bed.
Oh man. One of my dream trucks right there. That thing is beautiful!

Post a reply to: What do you Drive

The Latest