What are your thoughts on Lance Armstrong?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/29/2018 12:55 AM

Thoughts on Lance Armstrong?

|

5/29/2018 1:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2018 1:31 AM

The fact that his hair line has been slightly receded for many years and it seems to have been paused for at least ten years is very suspicious.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

5/29/2018 2:54 AM

I blame USADA...

|

5/29/2018 4:03 AM

Scum.

|

5/29/2018 4:39 AM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

The fact that his hair line has been slightly receded for many years and it seems to have been paused for at least ten years is very suspicious.

Hahahahahaha! Good one, Smashbro.

You joined Vital to ask this question in your first post? I don't think about him - that's my answer.

|

5/29/2018 5:53 AM

Broc Tickle thread?

|

5/29/2018 6:28 AM

He's the RC of cycling.

|

5/29/2018 6:44 AM

Best cyclist ever.

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/29/2018 6:44 AM

The guy won 7 in a row,against everyone else doping.

To survive that. Sure,easier after the first couple because they ruled the road

They stripped his wins but the green and polka dot still stand and they were dopers.

Messed up deal.

|

5/29/2018 7:05 AM

Best of all time

|

5/29/2018 7:07 AM

He isn't really all that great at arm wrestling.

|

5/29/2018 7:32 AM

Didn’t mind the doping side because the majority was doing the same thing. However, dude was apparently a dick

|

5/29/2018 9:10 AM

MR. X wrote:

Best of all time

Indeed, got away with it for all that time

|

5/29/2018 10:07 AM

Set the sport of cycling in the US back by an entire generation. Quite a legacy.

|

5/29/2018 10:25 AM

He is a man. For now...

|

5/29/2018 11:29 AM

Yes, the majority of the field were doping in one form or another. However, Armstrong was also the mastermind behind the team's cheating strategy, and to maintain a "clean" image, he did not hesitate to ruin the careers of those who might stand in his way. While other riders simply denied cheating rumors/allegations, Armstrong attacked his accusers with venom and hatred in an effort to redirect blame and criticism. It did not matter if these individuals were teammates, friends, or the media; they were equal-opportunity targets in the eyes of LA.

Oh, and: Eddy Merckx > Lance Armstrong...

|

"You can't resist the louder pull..."

5/29/2018 11:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2018 11:30 AM

Not into cycling so I couldn't care less.

Much ty OP.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/29/2018 12:05 PM

He's a big fan of Peter Lafluer

|

5/29/2018 12:13 PM

LoudLove wrote:

Yes, the majority of the field were doping in one form or another. However, Armstrong was also the mastermind behind the team's cheating strategy, and to maintain a "clean" image, he did not hesitate to ruin the careers of those who might stand in his way. While other riders simply denied cheating rumors/allegations, Armstrong attacked his accusers with venom and hatred in an effort to redirect blame and criticism. It did not matter if these individuals were teammates, friends, or the media; they were equal-opportunity targets in the eyes of LA.

Oh, and: Eddy Merckx > Lance Armstrong...

Definitely a dick move dragging everyone over coals for your program.

Seems like USADA didn't exactly handle his cases consistent with the way they handle everyone elses'. Their credibility is about on par with Lance's IMO.

And in our sport, they've really uncovered a revelation of ADD medication and antihistamines. Lot of straight up blood dopers in our sport. . .

|

5/29/2018 12:37 PM

In his comeback year he put out watts that would have won any other tour but Alberto had a better drug.

Nothing is real in sports. No gold medals,maybe,maybe 1%, of gold meda!s.

All the China won medals in their games,rope won.

All the Russia medals,dope ,but the difference in how they cheated the tests ,amazing.

Now there is animal testosterone and some kind of new epo

|

5/29/2018 1:07 PM

Lance PharmStrong is scum.

He took the food off of others plates with defamation suits, and they were right the entire time.

When he shows up at amateur cycling events, he gets boo'd and a ton of BA's.

|

5/29/2018 1:10 PM

like most top sportsman he was ruthless, esp to those that threatened to take down his empire,

i used to think highly of him, not so much any more, he did do good work for cancer sufferers, so hes not all bad imo,
\

|

5/29/2018 2:46 PM

Was he in the news recently? I'm a big fan of him as a cyclist and listen to his podcast, but haven't heard of anything new with him. Why the thread?

|

No Signature.

5/29/2018 2:53 PM

71Fish wrote:

Was he in the news recently? I'm a big fan of him as a cyclist and listen to his podcast, but haven't heard of anything new with him. Why the thread?

I found his podcast. Watched the giro reports.

Thought fromme was done,damn,stage nineteen.

|

5/29/2018 3:34 PM

He took EPO like everyone else. The reason there is so much hate is because of the way he went about conducting himself after being found out.

Always wondered what would have happened if he would have just said "Hell yes I take it, just like everyone else and still passed every drug test."

|

5/29/2018 3:59 PM

He’s no different than all the people who have cheated in a stock class. If you’re not trying to gain an edge in racing you’re losing.

|

GP740
Since 1987

5/29/2018 6:05 PM

It is an impossible sport. One simply cant compete without EPO at least. There are other sports one cant compete at the top drug free.

|

5/29/2018 8:09 PM

I'm waiting for Fromme to get busted. No doubt he's boosting, he's just doing it right like Lance did.

|

No Signature.

5/30/2018 6:45 AM

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/30/2018 7:34 AM

If you have to cheat to win, you suck. Period. At anything.

I like the rider's meeting at the 24 Hours of Starvation Ridge, up in Washington state.

"I have laid out a course that is challenging, and fun. STAY ON IT. Off the course are rocks, ditches, farm debris and other stuff that will cause great bodily harm. If you try to cut the course, you will pay dearly. Besides, if you don't want to ride the course that I laid out, go ride somewhere else."

Play by the rules, or just go play with yourself.

|