What are all you shutins doing to keep occupied?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2020 6:47 PM

Cali is on a pretty broad lockdown.
I'm working on a guitar. The one where Foghorn sent me the flamed maple.
Working on another one with a Walnut top.
Updating drawings, files, g-code backup ect.
Taxes
I started another Pink Floyd cover. Echos. The Pompeii version.
It's already driving me to drink. Lord what a difficult song. I'm not a great keyboardist and unfortunately for me, Richard Wright is.

Things could be worse. No complaints from me so far.

|

3/26/2020 6:59 PM

Taxes aren't due until July now so I can procrastinate for a couple more months. smile

|

3/26/2020 7:04 PM

Been getting up at 5 am every M-F and going to work like I always have. Been working on the house and getting moved back in for the third time in three years. This whole house gutting and remodeling every year really needs to come to a fucking halt.laughing

|

3/26/2020 7:07 PM

newmann wrote:

Been getting up at 5 am every M-F and going to work like I always have. Been working on the house and getting moved back in for the third time in three years. This whole house gutting and remodeling every year really needs to come to a fucking halt.laughing

Are they imposing any restrictions there yet? Probably coming.

|

3/26/2020 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2020 7:10 PM

Got an old wooden machinist tool box that im bringing back to life ,solid brass hardware polishes up nicely . Sanded and stained the outside . The plan is to customize the drawers and make it to hold gun cleaning supplies .Still on restrictions from surgery so no heavy lifting for another month.

|

3/26/2020 7:10 PM

newmann wrote:

Flooded out again?

|

3/26/2020 7:11 PM

I personally am on the same schedule I have always been. Still putting in 50hr weeks , with about 2 months of work scheduled , on top of numerous jobs after. I'm working on a big remodel , on a 125 year old hose towards the down town area. An alley separates these historic house's and some front street business's on Albina street. There is a huge smoker grill in that alley , that smokes all these ribs , steaks ect........so today , I supported that business by buying a 1/2 rack of ribs , and had one of the best damn lunch's I've had in a while. Bought my lunch out of the back door , in an alley ( that is shady looking as hell )..........but gawd dang it was good!

I have like 10 days , and 3 remodels to finish up.......then strait to the coast , for spear fishing , crabbing , possible shellfish depending on what I see and slamming beers. Which simply can not get here fast enough! Get me out of this god damned city!

Nothing has changed for me as of now , but the trickle down effect in coming months might. I hope all my fellow moto heads on here come out of this doing ok , and if you were close , I'd gladly share my catch of seafood and beer with you guys.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/26/2020 7:14 PM

JeremyK wrote:

Got an old wooden machinist tool box that im bringing back to life ,solid brass hardware polishes up nicely . Sanded and stained the outside . The plan is to customize the drawers and make it to hold gun cleaning supplies .Still on restrictions from surgery so no heavy lifting for another month.

Nice! I'd like to see some pics of that when you get a chance Jeremy. I myself need an idea or two for a cool looking gun storage / cleaning station myself.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

3/26/2020 7:15 PM

newmann wrote:

I feel for you Joe. Remodels alone can be tough on a home owner , but doing it that many times as frequent as that? Has to be hell. Put that damn house on stilts and invest into some powerful sump pumps!

|

3/26/2020 7:25 PM

JeremyK wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Nice! I'd like to see some pics of that when you get a chance Jeremy. I myself need an idea or two for a cool looking gun storage / cleaning station myself.

Photo
Photo

I had a couple pictures on my computer ,it's not a real high quality box by any means . It was my buddies grandfathers ,it was full of machinist tools which is why he offered it to me.

|

3/26/2020 7:37 PM

JeremyK wrote: Photo
Photo

I had a couple pictures on my computer ,it's not a real high quality box by any means . It was my buddies grandfathers ,it was full of machinist tools which is why he offered it to me.

Oh man , that's perfect! It already has a lot of potential. Classy looking too man.

|

3/26/2020 7:44 PM

newmann wrote:

borg wrote:

Are they imposing any restrictions there yet? Probably coming.

Same as everywhere else, restaurants are take out only, schools closed, daycares closed, non essential businesses closed. No more than 10 people allowed yet the grocery stores and wally world are packed and picked over. Some people are taking it as a vacation and staying home, others are out and about as if nothing is going on. Streets are getting quite busy the last day or two.

|

3/26/2020 7:58 PM

I've been going thru my old motorcycle magazines and photo albums and scanning lots of stuff like this,

Photo

And this,

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

3/26/2020 8:01 PM

JeremyK wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

JeremyK wrote: Photo
Photo

What a neat piece. Glad to see when others take the time to restore an old item such as that.

I had all my gun parts and cleaning stuff in my big tool box with all my other tools and motorcycle specific tools. Had been working on the idea of building a large metal workbench but with all the other stuff going on I went and bought two of the Horrible Freight 42 in US General boxes for the bases to go with the 9 1/2' slab of 2" x 24" maple I had glued up and planed at a local cabinet shop. One box for all the gun stuff and the other for motorcycle specific tools. As luck would have it, the maple top got wet when it flooded last September and separated and warped a little. Took it back to the cabinet shop a couple weeks back to have it fixed while I get the other stuff ready to go. Shop is gutted to 4 foot at the moment so no rush. As soon as we get moved back into the house 100% this weekend, the shop is gonna get fixed up quick just in time for hurricane season to kick off again. unsure

|

3/26/2020 11:07 PM

I’m playing Borderlands 3 and COD Modern Warfare.

|

3/27/2020 12:22 AM

No change for me. I`ve been on this schedule for a last 10 years working from home.

|

3/27/2020 12:40 AM

Went for a swim with this beautiful pussy today. He is the only one that likes the water. Yes, we heat the pool, but that shit stops now so I enjoyed it while I could. hahaha

Photo

|

3/27/2020 1:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2020 1:26 AM

Rolling down the highway at 68mph heading to Mpls like usual. One difference, my load today is 100% toilet paper 2106 cases. I've never had a full load of a single product like this ... crazy times.
The mill's warehouse usually has 1 1/2 to 2 months of backstock and they now are shipping what they produce. Everything's wiped out gone.

|

3/27/2020 3:16 AM

No vacation here, it’s business as usual for warehousing and supply chain. Kinda sucks that there’s absolutely nothing to do except go straight home after work but at least I’m getting caught up on yard work.

|

3/27/2020 3:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2020 3:27 AM

^ Iv'e ordered a small (big enough for an adult to float in) pool because even here it can get sweltering and I can see that quickly becoming the next must have item later in the yr if no one can leave their house to hit the beach.

1. Cut back garden - I already have a crap load of wood piled up.
2. Continue 1987 YZ 125 rebuild.
3. I'm thinking about building myself a small mock IPSC range (for airsoft) in my garden.
4. Bit of gaming of course - Half Life Alyx on the Oculus especially.
5. Getting worried about food situation here so going to grow some potatoes and tomatoes, partly for fun too.

|

3/27/2020 2:35 PM

Very little change for me, since I worked from home anyway. Feeling very lucky about that.

|

3/27/2020 3:27 PM

I'm a cnc machinist at a driveshaft manufacturer so we're still working. At home I've been watching a lot of old moto on YouTube.

|

3/27/2020 3:36 PM

Pretty much the same things I did before. Read Bible, stretch, go ride MTB. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are conditioning and balance. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday is strength and balance.

Only things I’m missing out on are practice pens and all of my show are postponed or cancelled indefinitely.

It’s kinda heart breaking, this was supposed to be my Gold Buckle year.

|

3/27/2020 3:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2020 7:23 PM

I went to the Post Office here in Kent WA today to mail some things from the large outgoing mail box in front. On the way back things did not seem very shut down. I saw a number of taverns still open, and smoke & vaping shops, well their open signs were lit and they had cars in their lots? All the fast food places were still open for walk in and take out business. Only the Burger King had a sign up Drive Thru Only Open.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

3/27/2020 4:35 PM

A Disney, Mickey Mouse/Fantasia jigsaw puzzle. 1000 pieces.

|

3/27/2020 4:42 PM

Just got back from Home Depot. Now they are only letting so many in. One way in,one way out and a line at checkout. The problem is that if you use the self checkout, everybody that goes through grabs the bar code gun. That's like taking one step forward and two back. Put a pull out paper towel dispenser up there or only let staff use it. It makes me think that these retailers are only doing what's easy. I might as well go around shaking hands with everybody in checkout.

|

3/27/2020 5:13 PM

Got the PW50 out today- my daughter (4) only rode with training wheels last year. Put her on without the training wheels today and she took right off...
Photo
Photo

|

3/27/2020 5:24 PM

I bet she'll remember this day for the rest of her life. Look at that smile!

|

3/27/2020 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2020 7:20 PM

Double post

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

3/27/2020 7:20 PM

Photo
|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter