What all yall do for fun besides moto

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2018 1:34 PM

What other hobbies are yall interested/do besides moto? Mines dirt late model racing Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/22/2018 1:42 PM

bow hunting and fishing

|

6/22/2018 1:59 PM

Mountain biking, playing with my kids, and writing my book.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach and gazing into my wife's eyes. She doesn't like that part so much, though.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/22/2018 2:46 PM

When I'm not biking, I like to go bike haha

Blabla 2017 somethin somethin 2018. BIKES #❤️ #happynewyear

A post shared by Seth (@505sl) on

|

6/22/2018 4:12 PM

I was big into R/C car racing after my accident (both electric and nitro) but the scene totally dried up in NorCal. We used to have a massive outdoor Nitro track at Prairie City (home of Hangtown) and another at Marysville Riverfront but both have closed down. My cars were all fully tricked out, I loved it. Closest I could come to the MX rush but now in a wheelchair. I keep hoping someday I'll have a yard big enough to build my own track on!

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

6/22/2018 4:51 PM

Nice late model. What kinda rear setup does your rules allow you?

Ive raced roundy-roundy a time or three.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/22/2018 5:32 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

I was big into R/C car racing after my accident (both electric and nitro) but the scene totally dried up in NorCal. We used to ...more

Rc cars are a blast i still have my old 4x4 slash that i just keep on bashing on it lol

|

6/22/2018 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 5:51 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

Nice late model. What kinda rear setup does your rules allow you?

Ive raced roundy-roundy a time or three.

Thanks man im runnig the limited late model class which is 358ci steel head motors and the rear suspension is the 4bar setup. Not the best pic of it but all i had on my phone.Photo

|

6/22/2018 5:41 PM

Photo

In the winter, I like to throw grassers.

Photo

In the summer, I like to throw grass.
|

6/22/2018 5:51 PM

As I get older, I find that it's less risk and easier on the home life to ride around on 4 wheels and practice my craft at smoking various meats. Both create varying levels of challenge at times. One of these days I'm gonna learn how to use those fucked up looking clubs sitting in the corner of the garage for more than hitting balls wrong at the local driving range.

Photo
Photo

|

6/22/2018 6:00 PM

been riding dirt bikes since I was 14. ive been a gearhead since I was 16, used to drag race my 69 Camaro but now im balls deep in an ls1/4l60e swap in my 64 coupe de ville. do some snowboarding and surfing as well. BMX was life in high school and currently I ride a zx6. motors and 2 wheels are definitely in my blood. seems common in the moto community!

|

6/22/2018 6:09 PM

rollin64caddy wrote:

been riding dirt bikes since I was 14. ive been a gearhead since I was 16, used to drag race my 69 Camaro but now im balls ...more

Yes it does!!! If it has wheels and a motor im all a out it lol

|

6/22/2018 6:18 PM

My hats off to the roundy round guys on here. I always wanted to do it and had the means but knew that I'd burn out on working on the damn thing all week only to have some bastard drill me midway through a heat and ruin my night.

|

6/22/2018 6:42 PM

Those late model cars look like such a kick in the ass.

|

6/22/2018 7:18 PM

reded wrote:

My hats off to the roundy round guys on here. I always wanted to do it and had the means but knew that I'd burn out on working ...more

Oh yea man i know what ya mean it sucks working on them all week and knowing you can get pretty much total it out in 1 lap but its so fun!!!

|

6/22/2018 7:19 PM

Sully wrote:

Those late model cars look like such a kick in the ass.

Man they are ive been racing for a while and the late models are so much fun to drive and the way the car raises up in the turns is a thrill!!

|

6/22/2018 8:19 PM

Gotcha on the back end. Daytona pinion on a 9" nodular pumpkin? What gear you got back there?

Also, you got a 'Glide in there with a hand valve in lieu of a torque convertor? Couldnt see the trans very well and not sure if you guys run a manual or 'Glide with the good stuff in it.

In any event, post more pics and race reports if you have time, would love to hear all about it. Also would love to hear your setups, (scale info / crossweight /left side numbers, etc) Also what springs and shock stuff, castor/camber numbers, tire stuff, stagger/rollout , pressure, etc. You guys just hafta be running some serious easy-up LF shocks! I love hearing how other folks do it in different areas.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/22/2018 9:17 PM

Same as ever...Sears catalogue, lotion, and tissues.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/22/2018 9:30 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

Gotcha on the back end. Daytona pinion on a 9" nodular pumpkin? What gear you got back there?

Also, you got a 'Glide in ...more

Oh yea man i will try to keep some updates on it here. And for transmissions we run either a bert,brinn or falcon they are just a high,low and reverse gear tranny to get going you push the clutch pedal in to get it rolling then let off the clutch pedal and gas and pull it into high gear and it turns into direct drive and the clutches inside the tranny looks like motorcycle clutch packs. Right now i have a 6.21 gear in it and its a winters quickchange rearend super easy to change gear ratios in it pop the rear cover off and change the gears and they look like small dirt bike sprockets. Shock wise running afco double adjustable the car has 6 total shocks 1 shock on the 4 corners,1dummy shock in front of the right rear and on shock on the pull bar. Springs i got 300 and 250-275 across the front and 400lb springs on the rear. If you like you can email me atssharpejr@charter.net and we can talk alot about racing.

|

6/22/2018 9:32 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

Oh yea man i will try to keep some updates on it here. And for transmissions we run either a bert,brinn or falcon they are just a high,low and reverse gear tranny to get going you push the clutch pedal in to get it rolling then let off the clutch pedal and gas and pull it into high gear and it turns into direct drive and the clutches inside the tranny looks like motorcycle clutch packs. Right now i have a 6.21 gear in it and its a winters quickchange rearend super easy to change gear ratios in it pop the rear cover off and change the gears and they look like small dirt bike sprockets. Shock wise running afco double adjustable the car has 6 total shocks 1 shock on the 4 corners,1dummy shock in front of the right rear and on shock on the pull bar. Springs i got 300 and 250-275 across the front and 400lb springs on the rear. If you like you can email me atssharpejr@charter.net and we can talk alot about racing.

|

6/22/2018 10:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 10:23 PM

MR. X wrote:

bow hunting and fishing

Guess there are only two of us so far! cool

Fishing is by FAR my passion. I operate an ice fishing cabin rental business from Dec - March up here. No other place I'd rather be in the winter then on the lake.

Photo

5 lb walleye caught in a tent on the ice at -25 below ( Celsius )

|

6/23/2018 5:07 AM

Sharpe325 wrote:

Oh yea man i will try to keep some updates on it here. And for transmissions we run either a bert,brinn or falcon they are ...more

You are running the mini clutch setup, cool. Some places late model classes have a Powerglide with a hand valve and no convertor. That is nice you guys get to use a quick change, much, much easier that way. I put in a brand new Winters Pro-Eliminator when I had my sprinter. Cant go wrong with the Afcos, I used the skinny super light double valve ones.

Photo

Photo

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/23/2018 5:16 AM

MR. X wrote:

bow hunting and fishing

dirtnapper wrote:

Guess there are only two of us so far! cool

Fishing is by FAR my passion. I operate an ice fishing cabin rental business from ...more

I'll have to hit you up when i'm ready to make the drive north .

|

6/23/2018 5:51 AM

Pretty much golf a few days a week. Have not rode in over a year due to injuries/health and my bay boat and bass boat have sat for just as long. Today is the first annual National Fishing Day so I am going to clean the boats to celebrate. Lol

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

6/23/2018 6:00 AM

ProKawi24 wrote:

I was big into R/C car racing after my accident (both electric and nitro) but the scene totally dried up in NorCal. We used to ...more

What a trip, 33 years ago when i got hurt the first thing i did was get into RC cars, Associated RC10's were just about to come out. I still have a really trick one ive kept all these years.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

6/23/2018 6:13 AM

JAFO92 wrote:

Sharpe325 wrote:

Oh yea man i will try to keep some updates on it here. And for transmissions we run either a bert,brinn or falcon they are ...more

JAFO92 wrote:

You are running the mini clutch setup, cool. Some places late model classes have a Powerglide with a hand valve and no ...more

Oh yes them direct drive high low trannys had me a little confused at first by having to press the clutch in to get it rolling lol. The quickchange makes thing super easy and ive been happy with the afcos i even bounce off the wall one night when i misjudged the cushion and was able to get shock parts quick. Ive always loved the sprint cars but only get to see them run a few times a season down here.

|

6/23/2018 7:50 AM

Sharpe325 wrote:

What other hobbies are yall interested/do besides moto? Mines dirt late model racing Photo
Photo
Photo

Considering dabbling with dirt track car racing. How much you spending to go entry level ? I’ll probably start with hot stocks. But....I don’t wanna spend 50 grand a year. Just wanna do some local Friday night racing......figure it can’t be more expensive than buying a new ktm...

|

GP740
Since 1987

6/23/2018 8:01 AM

Rzr riding and camping. (Usually do a Moto trail ride also). Photo
Photo

|

6/23/2018 8:06 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Considering dabbling with dirt track car racing. How much you spending to go entry level ? I’ll probably start with hot ...more

What about a 4 cylinder class , they have those around here on dirt and asphalt.

|

6/23/2018 8:15 AM

Sharpe325 wrote:

Photo
Photo

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Considering dabbling with dirt track car racing. How much you spending to go entry level ? I’ll probably start with hot ...more

MR. X wrote:

What about a 4 cylinder class , they have those around here on dirt and asphalt.

There’s a track 3 miles from my house asphalt. They got something Called renegade class. 4 bangers. Looks like I can underway for about $3000. From what I’ve been seeing.

|

GP740
Since 1987