What a Beauty>>>>>

G-man
Edited Date/Time 3/3/2021 11:20am
I've always been a fan of Marilyn but who wasn't? I'll never forget seeing my first centerfold of her when I was probably eight or nine years old.
My buddy's dad had the centerfold in his garage and I made sure every time I visited to go look at it or should I say gawk!
And yes as everybody knows Marilyn Monroe was Hugh Hefner's first centerfold and this REALLY launched Playboy.

The rest as they say is History. Smile

But I did not know this.
It's on the interweb so it must be true! Woohoo

Here's movie sex symbol, Marilyn Monroe, in a pink outfit at home - taken in 1952. Sure Marilyn was beautiful, but did you know her IQ was measured at 168 - which is higher than Albert Einstein. When the camera weren't rolling she loved reading and listening to Beethoven, Mozart, and Louis Armstrong.

Born Norma Jeane Mortenson, Monroe started her modeling career with her naturally brown hair. Later she had some cosmetic surgery done on her chin and nose. For twelve years after her death in 1962, people would still take flowers to her grave on a regular basis. Marilyn was buried in her favorite green Pucci dress.

|
BMSOBx2
5/23/2019 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2019 5:32pm
I'm with you G man. For my generation she was "the It Girl". She wasn't the first. Fay Wray and Jean Harlow were probably the templates for what came to be known as the blonde bombshell but Marilyn had another quality, vulnerability. The fact that she was smart meant that she wasn't naive but she had to play the roles she was given. In 1950s America that was a pretty narrow range of characters she was expected to play. My sister was born in 1952. My parents named her Marilyn.

(Dad was a big fan)
plowboy
5/23/2019 5:02pm
Hot enough in body and mind to make the POTUS wiener poke out...enough said.
BR8ES
5/23/2019 5:54pm
some fine ladies from that era, especially film noir stuff.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/23/2019 6:26pm
Such a natural beauty. So many beautiful women since her time but I must say she is at the top of my list

The Shop

G-man
5/23/2019 8:19pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
I'm with you G man. For my generation she was "the It Girl". She wasn't the first. Fay Wray and Jean Harlow were probably the templates...
I'm with you G man. For my generation she was "the It Girl". She wasn't the first. Fay Wray and Jean Harlow were probably the templates for what came to be known as the blonde bombshell but Marilyn had another quality, vulnerability. The fact that she was smart meant that she wasn't naive but she had to play the roles she was given. In 1950s America that was a pretty narrow range of characters she was expected to play. My sister was born in 1952. My parents named her Marilyn.

(Dad was a big fan)
Haha, awesome story!

And yes there have been many beauty queens before and after Marilyn, but really she is at the top--she broke the mold.
Such a bummer on how it all ended, talk about conspiracy theories. Dry

Another one of my ol favorites back in the day was the fiery redhead of Ann Margret.
I loved when she starred in that movie and she rode around on the motorcycle with no helmet while at the controls.

The movie Executives did not care they just wanted to get the shot. Woohoo

They sure don't make them like they used to....Cheerful
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/23/2019 8:30pm
I loved Ann Margret too. Can you believe how hot she looked in the Grumpy Old Men movie...talk about aging well!

Since you got me drooling over these classic beauties I must say Natalie Wood was one of the prettiest girls I’ve ever seen. Another one gone way too soon
G-man
5/23/2019 8:51pm
Oh yes Natalie was a natural beauty who barely got to make a mark in the movie industry that she would have exploded in. Another one whose life was cut way too short and mysteriously died.

I am never going to buy the theory she just fell off a boat while docked in a Catalina Marina. Dry

What is it with these once in a lifetime Beauties who get hooked up with Rich and powerful men and when things go south they suddenly die?

What a shame as we all lost out.

Thank God some still made it out alive and yeah you're right Ann-Margret still looks great in Grumpy Old Man and so did Sophia Loren.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
5/24/2019 1:00am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2019 1:01am
KennyT wrote:
I loved Ann Margret too. Can you believe how hot she looked in the Grumpy Old Men movie...talk about aging well! Since you got me drooling...
I loved Ann Margret too. Can you believe how hot she looked in the Grumpy Old Men movie...talk about aging well!

Since you got me drooling over these classic beauties I must say Natalie Wood was one of the prettiest girls I’ve ever seen. Another one gone way too soon
Ann Margret was one of my "favorites" as a kid for sure.

Fast forward to me being 19 and working my first job in the industry as a union Sound Editing Apprentice. I worked at a company called Soundelux who was doing a good chunk of the movies in the early 90's when I was there.

So, I had to make a run to the ADR stage to help set up a session with Walter Matthau and when I walked in she was finishing her session. It was already a childhood dream come true, but when she was done she came out and gave me and the ADR Mixer hugs. I had to sit for a minute or two after she left. Laughing
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/24/2019 6:44am
KennyT wrote:
I loved Ann Margret too. Can you believe how hot she looked in the Grumpy Old Men movie...talk about aging well! Since you got me drooling...

avidchimp wrote:
Ann Margret was one of my "favorites" as a kid for sure. Fast forward to me being 19 and working my first job in the industry...
Ann Margret was one of my "favorites" as a kid for sure.

Fast forward to me being 19 and working my first job in the industry as a union Sound Editing Apprentice. I worked at a company called Soundelux who was doing a good chunk of the movies in the early 90's when I was there.

So, I had to make a run to the ADR stage to help set up a session with Walter Matthau and when I walked in she was finishing her session. It was already a childhood dream come true, but when she was done she came out and gave me and the ADR Mixer hugs. I had to sit for a minute or two after she left. Laughing
Holy shit! First Indy and now THIS! ?
I love to hear stories like that...someone like her taking the time to give out hugs ???
shuggs
5/24/2019 10:21am
I think over the years different decades have had seriously good looking women.

70’s - Farrah Fawcett, Lynda Carter, Genevieve Bujold

80’s - Princess Diabs, Sheena Easton, Stevie Nicks

90’s - Courtney Cox, Jennifer Anniston

But after this there seems to be a change.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/24/2019 11:04am
Jayne Mansfield, Ursula Andress, Britt Ekland, Brigette Bardot, Sophia Loren, Anita Ekberg, Claudia Cardinale, Pamela Tiffin, Mamie Van Doren, Raquel Welch, ......
OldPro277
5/24/2019 12:30pm
All great choices--- add Audrey Hepburn, Helen Mirren (STILL hot!!) and a more recent selection Suzanna Hoffs
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
5/25/2019 1:49am
KennyT wrote:
Holy shit! First Indy and now THIS! ?
I love to hear stories like that...someone like her taking the time to give out hugs ???
It's been an interesting 26 years in the business for sure. Funny thing is, all I do outside of work is moto stuff.
G-man
6/2/2019 12:57am
So I'm looking for a movie that's on tonight and low and behold Marilyn Monroe is on a movie I never even knew about--River of No Return.

She played a different role she wasn't the ditzy blonde it was actually a pretty good movie done in 1954 with Robert Mitchum.

Damn she was one of a kind talk about an hourglass figure! Woohoo

ocscottie
6/3/2019 5:09pm
shuggs wrote:
I think over the years different decades have had seriously good looking women. 70’s - Farrah Fawcett, Lynda Carter, Genevieve Bujold 80’s - Princess Diabs, Sheena...

Can i add Elle Macpherson to that list? She was late 80's early 90's and at the top of my list!

Still today she is a total knockout @55yrs old.

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/4/2019 12:21am
shuggs wrote:
I think over the years different decades have had seriously good looking women. 70’s - Farrah Fawcett, Lynda Carter, Genevieve Bujold 80’s - Princess Diabs, Sheena...

ocscottie wrote:
Can i add Elle Macpherson to that list? She was late 80's early 90's and at the top of my list! Still today she is a...
Can i add Elle Macpherson to that list? She was late 80's early 90's and at the top of my list!

Still today she is a total knockout @55yrs old.

You can add her EVERY post. She is just perfect.

How ya feeling, Scottie?
G-man
7/1/2020 10:03pm
This popped up, reminded me of this old thread. 😜

G-man
3/1/2021 7:55pm
Hehehe
Good one Mav believe it or not I was just thinking of this thread yesterday.

Thanks for bringing it alive!!!
Where is BMSOB, he agrees with me!

All these guys lurking from the sidelines, bite the bullet and get back on, MOTOGP about to start!

And you are correct I love the old days when women were women and men were men. Cool
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/1/2021 9:07pm
G-man wrote:
Hehehe Good one Mav believe it or not I was just thinking of this thread yesterday. Thanks for bringing it alive!!! Where is BMSOB, he agrees...
Hehehe
Good one Mav believe it or not I was just thinking of this thread yesterday.

Thanks for bringing it alive!!!
Where is BMSOB, he agrees with me!

All these guys lurking from the sidelines, bite the bullet and get back on, MOTOGP about to start!

And you are correct I love the old days when women were women and men were men. Cool
The other thread reminded me of this one, so I had to look it up. I didn't know who started it, but then when I saw that it was you, I just had to post it in the other one.

Has someone invented time travel yet?

Post a reply to: What a Beauty>>>>>

The Latest