Weekend projects?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2018 10:16 AM

After many weeks of rain, the pool is starting to look nastyblush Gotta get that under control first.

Then off to go vote.

And after 14 months, my rebuilt gun safe was finally delivered back to me and secured to the floor again. Added a slotted wall panel to the door to make it more flexible for storage and have a few different shelf options this time. Going to be nice to get all the junk back together in one location and properly secured.

Photo
Photo

Any of our Carolina or Florida members here with storm damage working their way through it this weekend??

Who else, anyone cooking anything good?

|

10/27/2018 10:25 AM

Safe ? That's a vault brotha

|

10/27/2018 10:30 AM

That safe is legit. I am working on the same weekend project I have been for the last 13 months. Build my new house....

|

10/27/2018 10:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2018 10:42 AM

Nice vault! Your collection is safe from fires and thieves.

I’m working on our vacation rental that’s unfortunately vacant this weekend. Although none of the hurricanes have hit here in Charleston they still slowed down the vacation rental biz.

|

10/27/2018 11:09 AM

One down!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/27/2018 11:32 AM

Photo ID was requiredwink Photo

|

10/27/2018 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2018 4:30 PM

Safe rebuilder didn’t leave cutouts under the bottom pull out floor panels to bolt it down. Safe mover/ installer made a little bit of a mess cutting out looking for the holes so I cut a few filler pieces and got everything back in. There are a few things I’m not satisfied with but they assure me they will send someone over to take care of it. We shall see...

Hmmmm pic upside down
Photo

Put a few long guns in and set the shelves in above.

Photo

|

10/27/2018 4:36 PM

Pistol hooks for the door with rubber coated rods. Nice, getting some more of these.

Photo

Been a long year, and then some! Glad to have it back. Almost went panic mode when I couldn’t find one of my registered SBR’s. Damn thing is so short it got hidden away almost too good.

Photo

|

10/27/2018 4:45 PM

809 wrote:

That safe is legit. I am working on the same weekend project I have been for the last 13 months. Build my new house....

Got pics? My youngest son gets keys to a project house on Monday. He found one that was repo’d after the floods here and gutted. Older house but nice and good sized. Has a 2 car garage and a detached 2 car garage with apartment/workshop. 2 acres and a pool. I see us being a bit busy helping him rebuild that for a while.

|

10/27/2018 4:48 PM

Nighttrain wrote:

Nice vault! Your collection is safe from fires and thieves.

I’m working on our vacation rental that’s unfortunately vacant this weekend. Although none of the hurricanes have hit here in Charleston they still slowed down the vacation rental biz.

Does it usually stay rented year round? Our beach house is full all through the spring and summer season but drops off hard after that.

|

10/27/2018 7:15 PM

newmann wrote:

Does it usually stay rented year round? Our beach house is full all through the spring and summer season but drops off hard after that.

The guests staying for a full week usually drop off mid-September thru April each year. In previous years we’ve kept it rented on weekends through Thanksgiving. The house is 2 blocks from a nice beach and the Atlantic. The autumn is really the best weather here.

I’d really like to convert it to a long term rental for the months of November thru February each year. We had a virtual vagabond stay for January and February in 2016. She left to stay in Cuba for a couple of months and then off to Thailand. Pretty cool lifestyle if you are a virtual worker without kids.

|

11/11/2018 10:02 AM

Youngest son moved home after his time in the Marines and found an abandoned house he wanted to tackle. Pretty big house, 3 bed, 3 bath, 2 car garage (currently enclosed but will be converted back), huge master addition with sunroom and walk in closet, detached 2 car garawith apartment/shop, big ass pool and almost 2 acres of land. Vacant for 2 years, lightly flooded during Hurricane Harvey. Gutted and overgrown with lots of work needed to be done. Good thing he’s young, strong and committed...laughing

Tearing out about 1000sq ft of old and nasty hot tub decking at the moment. My ass is dragging. LOL

Photo

|

11/11/2018 12:16 PM

MR. X wrote:

Safe ? That's a vault brotha

Nah. That’s a safe. Surprised he doesn’t have a few.....a vault is a concrete block room in your basement with a steel door.....

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/11/2018 5:44 PM

I’ve been finishing off our lower level this fall. This weekend I got the custom shower pan ready for the final layer of concrete and tiled the floor..
Photo
Photo

|

11/11/2018 5:48 PM

Been building a shed with a buddy at his place. Photo

|

11/11/2018 11:50 PM

Built myself a mower cleaning stand. 15 bucks for the sawhorses and the rest I had laying around. The rails are the legs from shelves and the base is from a pallet.laughing

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|