Related:
Create New Tag
Kenny Lingus Kenny Lingus
12/27/2018 11:06 AM

I got some window deflectors for Xmas. The person giving me the gift purposely bought this brand because of the made in USA claims. Low and behold tag says made in Germany.? I can't stand companies that charge a premium for being made here but aren't really. Top it off they were ordered directly from WeatherTech and the person taking the order gave them the " it's custom made for each vehicle at the time of order" bs. Then tried to charge an extra shipping insurance fee. So just a heads up for anyone thinking of buying WeatherTech products.
Photo

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

Sir Roostsalot Sir Roostsalot
12/27/2018 12:27 PM

Was gonna order up some vent shades and splash guards. I have their floor mats and they are great but good info to have. Splash guards are advertised as "no drill". Does anyone have experience with these?

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

12/27/2018 1:58 PM
Sir Roostsalot wrote:

Was gonna order up some ...more

Quality seems good. They're just a little misleading with the made in USA claims. Window deflectors were a simple install.

SEE ARE125 SEE ARE125
12/27/2018 2:15 PM

Their main product, their floorliners, are 100% made in the USA. But it says on their site that the window deflectors are “Designed and Engineered in USA - Handcrafted in Germany” so I don’t think they’re being deceptive. I’ve found all their products to be well made.

TXDirt TXDirt
12/27/2018 4:42 PM

Love their floor mats!

SEEMEFIRST SEEMEFIRST
12/27/2018 6:28 PM

Being made in Germany compared to being made in China is...well, no comparison.

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

Jimmy638 Jimmy638
12/27/2018 7:38 PM

Love the product, as long as weapons and ammo are still made in America....let Germany make our floor mats

KMC440 KMC440
12/28/2018 4:32 AM

Weather Tech is in Bolingbrook Illinois just before the scale on I-55 on the north side of the freeway. They've easily quadrupled the production and corporate offices there.

My Pillow is in a warehouse area in Shakopee Mn next to hwy169 about 15min north of Dungey's home town of Belle Plaine. In case you doubted that one too.

FLmxer FLmxer
12/28/2018 6:20 AM

Put the floor mats in my truck day 1 and my carpets still look showroom new. Won't ever go without them in a new vehicle again.

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

12/28/2018 7:17 AM

To clarify a bit, quality is great, I was just letting everyone know not to assume all products are made here if that's important to your buying decision.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry