We should start a pool on when musk completely loses it

TXDirt
9/17/2018 6:11pm
Ebs wrote:
I heard something about Tesla being the most shorted company in history.
lestat wrote:
It’s been that way for over a year . It is one of the reasons that you hear so much negative press about Tesla . Big...
It’s been that way for over a year . It is one of the reasons that you hear so much negative press about Tesla . Big money has a lot of media influence and have made some heavy bets against Tesla .
huh? The media has been eating out of his hand for years....

It's sorta hard for the media to ignore when the CEO of a multi billion dollar company gets in a twitter war with a guy and calls him a pedophile. Goes on air and smokes weed on a pod cast.

The media has looked the other way and likely buried many stories on his erratic behavior. At a certain point it gets so insane they are forced to report on it.

Tesla is shorted by people who know money and can see the company has huge debt, isn't profitable, doesn't meet forecasts, and who's market cap is solely inflated because of media.
hard2kill
9/19/2018 6:17am
Ebs wrote:
I heard something about Tesla being the most shorted company in history.
lestat wrote:
It’s been that way for over a year . It is one of the reasons that you hear so much negative press about Tesla . Big...
It’s been that way for over a year . It is one of the reasons that you hear so much negative press about Tesla . Big money has a lot of media influence and have made some heavy bets against Tesla .
TXDirt wrote:
huh? The media has been eating out of his hand for years.... It's sorta hard for the media to ignore when the CEO of a multi...
huh? The media has been eating out of his hand for years....

It's sorta hard for the media to ignore when the CEO of a multi billion dollar company gets in a twitter war with a guy and calls him a pedophile. Goes on air and smokes weed on a pod cast.

The media has looked the other way and likely buried many stories on his erratic behavior. At a certain point it gets so insane they are forced to report on it.

Tesla is shorted by people who know money and can see the company has huge debt, isn't profitable, doesn't meet forecasts, and who's market cap is solely inflated because of media.
Its all media. Musk and Tesla are in the club as is Joe Rogan. Nobody is really reporting anything, they are just feeding us. Or pulling the strings more like it.

That podcast has something for everyone.

The Shop

XXVoid MainXX
9/19/2018 11:18am
You have to define "media". I follow Tesla very closely and I can say for certain there are many news sources that only put out negative articles on Tesla that are surely backed by shorts. However, there are just as many news sources that only put out positive stories about Tesla. There is most definitely a lot of FUD put out there and many people eat that up. For the most part I form my opinions based on the hard data and not what some spinster reports. Full disclosure, I own TSLA.
hard2kill
9/20/2018 9:05am
You have to define "media". I follow Tesla very closely and I can say for certain there are many news sources that only put out negative...
You have to define "media". I follow Tesla very closely and I can say for certain there are many news sources that only put out negative articles on Tesla that are surely backed by shorts. However, there are just as many news sources that only put out positive stories about Tesla. There is most definitely a lot of FUD put out there and many people eat that up. For the most part I form my opinions based on the hard data and not what some spinster reports. Full disclosure, I own TSLA.
I would define it broadly as "programming" not necessarily false in all cases, but programming nonetheless. Hard data is often instrumental and the key to successful programming.
XXVoid MainXX
9/20/2018 5:55pm
I see articles all the time made up completely of FUD and the same story circulates around many news outlets (Marketwatch, Jalopnik, etc). For example there was one a couple of months back where someone took pictures of thousands of Model 3s filling parking lots all around the factory. The story was that Tesla was doomed and cars were stacking up at the factory because nobody is buying them. Well, unlike with other car manufacturers not one of those cars are even manufactured without someone ordering it and paying for it. And, it's been that way ever since they started producing the model S. Every one of those cars in those parking lots were sold. Now, think about all the Chevy and Ford dealers out there with an inventory of brand new unsold vehicles.

Tesla doesn't have dealers to put stacks of unsold cars hoping they'll sell. They are having a very hard time keeping up with demand and getting all of the cars they are producing delivered which is "one" of the reasons they were stacked up and the factory. Another reason is they delayed delivery a bit one month so that the 200,000th car wouldn't have been delivered until after the end of the month so the incentives for the buyers would be extended for a little longer.

But, anti Tesla people eat those stories up and pass them around and you would think Tesla is just days from going bankrupt. Couldn't be further from the truth. I honestly don't understand the Tesla hate by many. This is going to be one of the biggest American success stories in a long time. You want to make America great again, this is how it's done.
TXDirt
9/20/2018 6:05pm
I see articles all the time made up completely of FUD and the same story circulates around many news outlets (Marketwatch, Jalopnik, etc). For example there...
I see articles all the time made up completely of FUD and the same story circulates around many news outlets (Marketwatch, Jalopnik, etc). For example there was one a couple of months back where someone took pictures of thousands of Model 3s filling parking lots all around the factory. The story was that Tesla was doomed and cars were stacking up at the factory because nobody is buying them. Well, unlike with other car manufacturers not one of those cars are even manufactured without someone ordering it and paying for it. And, it's been that way ever since they started producing the model S. Every one of those cars in those parking lots were sold. Now, think about all the Chevy and Ford dealers out there with an inventory of brand new unsold vehicles.

Tesla doesn't have dealers to put stacks of unsold cars hoping they'll sell. They are having a very hard time keeping up with demand and getting all of the cars they are producing delivered which is "one" of the reasons they were stacked up and the factory. Another reason is they delayed delivery a bit one month so that the 200,000th car wouldn't have been delivered until after the end of the month so the incentives for the buyers would be extended for a little longer.

But, anti Tesla people eat those stories up and pass them around and you would think Tesla is just days from going bankrupt. Couldn't be further from the truth. I honestly don't understand the Tesla hate by many. This is going to be one of the biggest American success stories in a long time. You want to make America great again, this is how it's done.
Tesla can't even produce enough cars to stash at dealers. That's part of the problem. Even at HIGH peak OPTIMISTIC production (which they have never sniffed) equates to like 3% of the global car market. And that's at highly inflated projections.

That 3% is rounding errors to the major auto makers. Tesla isn't even the biggest electric vehicle marker.

I respect what Musk is trying to do. But Tesla doesn't even own it's own battery technology. Panasonic does. You could go on and on.

Space X seems to be truly ground breaking. An over priced electric car? Nos so much. And they bought a failing home solar panel company. Is that ground breaking. Not so much.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
9/20/2018 6:46pm
I see articles all the time made up completely of FUD and the same story circulates around many news outlets (Marketwatch, Jalopnik, etc). For example there...

TXDirt wrote:
Tesla can't even produce enough cars to stash at dealers. That's part of the problem. Even at HIGH peak OPTIMISTIC production (which they have never sniffed)...
Tesla can't even produce enough cars to stash at dealers. That's part of the problem. Even at HIGH peak OPTIMISTIC production (which they have never sniffed) equates to like 3% of the global car market. And that's at highly inflated projections.

That 3% is rounding errors to the major auto makers. Tesla isn't even the biggest electric vehicle marker.

I respect what Musk is trying to do. But Tesla doesn't even own it's own battery technology. Panasonic does. You could go on and on.

Space X seems to be truly ground breaking. An over priced electric car? Nos so much. And they bought a failing home solar panel company. Is that ground breaking. Not so much.
We found someone stuck in the FUD...

The Model 3 last month was the 7th best selling passenger vehicle in America. The predictions are it could get to number 1 before the year is out. Tesla sold more Model 3’s than BMW 3-4 series cars, Lexus IS, or Audi A4’s last month.

As for the battery comment. I have no idea where you’re coming up with this. Tesla owns all of their own chemistry for their packs and constantly evolves them. Yes, they buy cells from Panasonic (18650) and are partnered with them but the gigafactory is primarily tesla’s and all Model 3 cells are made there. The X and S get Panasonic cells but that’s because of 2 reasons mostly, a preexisting contract and the insane demand for 2170 cells for the model 3 from the gigafactory. The 18650 in Model S and X is still Tesla’s proprietary chemistry formula.

Bob Lutz has predicted Tesla’s demise every year since about 2010. That’s nothing new, he’s just collecting his yearly check from some shorts to speak doom and gloom. I guess it could be jealousy as well though......
XXVoid MainXX
9/20/2018 8:17pm

TXDirt wrote:
Tesla can't even produce enough cars to stash at dealers. That's part of the problem. Even at HIGH peak OPTIMISTIC production (which they have never sniffed)...

Ha ha. Smile
lestat
9/21/2018 11:14am
Probably, because he eats babies.
???

I think Tesla has already achieved Musk’s goal . That is to change the world . Do you guys really think that BMW , Volvo , Mercedes etc , would be making electric cars if Tesla had never existed . No way . Tesla proved the demand and they all followed . Mission accomplished .
tunedlength
9/21/2018 4:25pm
One of my son's worked for Faraday he was poached from Merc to work as a designer.
The owner is some crazy Chinese Cowboy that "plays by his own rules".
The press (rightly so) was merciless with regards to the negative coverage of this guy.
Most of the brain trust left Faraday as he quickly ran out of money but the cowboy, against all odd's got a big backer.
Now they are rolling the same P1 car around and the press coverage is very positive.
The guy is a crook and nothing has changed with his practices but somehow he has paid off Gawker media and Bloomberg so all the other outlets just follow their leads.
Its as if we cant trust our media outlets or something..

MR. X
9/21/2018 6:04pm
lestat wrote:
??? I think Tesla has already achieved Musk’s goal . That is to change the world . Do you guys really think that BMW , Volvo...
???

I think Tesla has already achieved Musk’s goal . That is to change the world . Do you guys really think that BMW , Volvo , Mercedes etc , would be making electric cars if Tesla had never existed . No way . Tesla proved the demand and they all followed . Mission accomplished .
Not even close to the same situation . Other car mfg. had to put time and money towards the lines that were keeping the lights on while investing time and money in electric for the future . Tesla had one car to develop and no other lines to focus on ,to top it off ,their was no way they could fail ,regardless of how much they were losing for every car sold. nobody else had that luxury.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
9/21/2018 6:50pm
lestat wrote:
??? I think Tesla has already achieved Musk’s goal . That is to change the world . Do you guys really think that BMW , Volvo...
???

MR. X wrote:
Not even close to the same situation . Other car mfg. had to put time and money towards the lines that were keeping the lights on...
Not even close to the same situation . Other car mfg. had to put time and money towards the lines that were keeping the lights on while investing time and money in electric for the future . Tesla had one car to develop and no other lines to focus on ,to top it off ,their was no way they could fail ,regardless of how much they were losing for every car sold. nobody else had that luxury.
Tesla has been hours from bankruptcy or being sold at least once maybe more. They are just as vulnerable as any business other than the fact Elon personally sank all his money into Tesla and SpaceX to save them. Say what you will about Elon, but when someone who technically could easily never work again in his life invests every last cent he has into his companies to keep them afloat that says a lot about his character and drive. He’s also dedicating insane hours to them weekly which to a billionaire is probably more valuable than money.

Investors trust and admire his dedication and work ethic. If hard work really pays off he and Tesla will succeed. Thats ultimately why investors or owners like myself stay committed.
borg
9/21/2018 7:07pm
lestat wrote:
???

MR. X wrote:
Not even close to the same situation . Other car mfg. had to put time and money towards the lines that were keeping the lights on...
tcannon521 wrote:
Tesla has been hours from bankruptcy or being sold at least once maybe more. They are just as vulnerable as any business other than the fact...
Tesla has been hours from bankruptcy or being sold at least once maybe more. They are just as vulnerable as any business other than the fact Elon personally sank all his money into Tesla and SpaceX to save them. Say what you will about Elon, but when someone who technically could easily never work again in his life invests every last cent he has into his companies to keep them afloat that says a lot about his character and drive. He’s also dedicating insane hours to them weekly which to a billionaire is probably more valuable than money.

Investors trust and admire his dedication and work ethic. If hard work really pays off he and Tesla will succeed. Thats ultimately why investors or owners like myself stay committed.
Is there some point where you begin to wonder about somebody who time after time after time fails to live up to his promises? The guy is full of more shit than you can put in a boxcar. How do you continue to have faith in that?
Serious question.
XXVoid MainXX
9/21/2018 7:31pm
lestat wrote:
???

MR. X wrote:
tcannon521 wrote:
Tesla has been hours from bankruptcy or being sold at least once maybe more. They are just as vulnerable as any business other than the fact...

I've got 35 shares and am thinking about picking up some more before Q3 meeting. I also picked up some NIO. If Tesla doesn't make it NIO or some other Chinese company will. I want to see an American company continue to lead the way.
mxtech1
9/21/2018 7:56pm
I would tend to agree that Musk's mission at Tesla is complete. Like mentioned, he created the demand and buzz for the electric market and jumpstarted the other OEMs.

With that being said, I think Tesla is mature enough now that Musk needs to hand it over to his directors and let them stabilize and grow the business to overcome more market share. I personally think Musk would be more valuable pouring his time in at SpaceX because the novel projects to be accomplished in space would appear wildly more appealing than staying at an auto factory trying to refine manufacturing processes for profit.

There are plenty of non-musk folks who are completely qualified for elevating the Tesla factory to the next level.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
9/21/2018 9:23pm
borg wrote:
Is there some point where you begin to wonder about somebody who time after time after time fails to live up to his promises? The guy...
Is there some point where you begin to wonder about somebody who time after time after time fails to live up to his promises? The guy is full of more shit than you can put in a boxcar. How do you continue to have faith in that?
Serious question.
What promises has he not lived up to for you?

Has he always hit his time guidances? No, sometimes it’s way off but that’s an issue of his ambition and exuberance. Plus the fact, he’s completely changing the landscape of the auto industry. Some dates are going to be way off just because there’s no similar baseline before.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
9/21/2018 9:30pm
mxtech1 wrote:
I would tend to agree that Musk's mission at Tesla is complete. Like mentioned, he created the demand and buzz for the electric market and jumpstarted...
I would tend to agree that Musk's mission at Tesla is complete. Like mentioned, he created the demand and buzz for the electric market and jumpstarted the other OEMs.

With that being said, I think Tesla is mature enough now that Musk needs to hand it over to his directors and let them stabilize and grow the business to overcome more market share. I personally think Musk would be more valuable pouring his time in at SpaceX because the novel projects to be accomplished in space would appear wildly more appealing than staying at an auto factory trying to refine manufacturing processes for profit.

There are plenty of non-musk folks who are completely qualified for elevating the Tesla factory to the next level.
The company would fail with him not leading it. They have transitioned from niche to a legitimate car company now. Why do you feel Elon’s talents are maxed out and some auto industry smuck could lead the company better?

Do you feel Ferrari, Lamborghini or Aston Martin are in need of new CEO’s? Tesla has passed or will very soon those companies up in gross sales and registrations... It is only a matter of time before they make more profit as well.
Moto96
9/23/2018 10:40am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2018 10:56am
tcannon521 wrote:

Are you nuts?
tcannon521 wrote:
Say what you will about Elon, but when someone who technically could easily never work again in his life invests every last cent he has into his companies to keep them afloat that says a lot about his character and drive.

The dude just bought the top of the line global express BEFORE selling his 3 burner Dassault Falcon he had for years.. Did he sell the new jet? No.
Did he sell all his houses, cars, etc. No. Is the guy living on the street? No. Are all the warehouses, hangars, and other places all shut down and closed? No.

Moto96
9/23/2018 10:55am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2018 11:03am
tcannon521 wrote:
The company would fail with him not leading it. They have transitioned from niche to a legitimate car company now. Why do you feel Elon’s talents...
The company would fail with him not leading it. They have transitioned from niche to a legitimate car company now. Why do you feel Elon’s talents are maxed out and some auto industry smuck could lead the company better?

Do you feel Ferrari, Lamborghini or Aston Martin are in need of new CEO’s? Tesla has passed or will very soon those companies up in gross sales and registrations... It is only a matter of time before they make more profit as well.
tcannon521 wrote:

The company would fail with him not leading it.

Again, the guy had money and decided to start something. He hires people to do all the work.
You do realize that people that work at Solar City for example, most have no idea who Elon Musk is, and most have never heard the name.

For gross sales etc,

Ford Owned Aston Martin, and still has a stake in the company.

I highly doubt Ferrari wants every douche to be driving one, and surely Lamborghini doesn't care either about amount of registrations, since that isnt their goal, which again, you might be nuts because Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen. Which also owns Audi, Porsche, and a crap ton of other brands including Ducati bikes.

They are bigger than Toyota.

From Wiki...........

Volkswagen sells passenger cars under the Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Škoda and Volkswagen marques; motorcycles under the Ducati brand; and TRATON AG (commercial vehicles, trucks, and buses) under the marques MAN, Scania, and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.

MR. X
9/23/2018 11:13am
tcannon521 wrote:
The company would fail with him not leading it. They have transitioned from niche to a legitimate car company now. Why do you feel Elon’s talents...

Moto96 wrote:
tcannon521 wrote: [i] The company would fail with him not leading it. Do you feel Ferrari, Lamborghini or Aston Martin are in need of new CEO’s...
tcannon521 wrote:

Again, the guy had money and decided to start something. He hires people to do all the work.
You do realize that people that work at Solar City for example, most have no idea who Elon Musk is, and most have never heard the name.

For gross sales etc,

I highly doubt Ferrari wants every douche to be driving one, and surely Lamborghini doesn't care either about amount of registrations, since that isnt their goal, which again, you might be nuts because Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen. Which also owns Audi, Porsche, and a crap ton of other brands including Ducati bikes.

From Wiki...........

Volkswagen sells passenger cars under the Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Škoda and Volkswagen marques; motorcycles under the Ducati brand; and TRATON AG (commercial vehicles, trucks, and buses) under the marques MAN, Scania, and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.

Blink
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
9/23/2018 6:52pm
Moto96 wrote:
tcannon521 wrote: [i] The company would fail with him not leading it. Do you feel Ferrari, Lamborghini or Aston Martin are in need of new CEO’s...
tcannon521 wrote:

For gross sales etc,

From Wiki...........

You’re right, Elon just started a company and does nothing but fly around the country and cash checks... if you believe that then you’re out of touch with who he is.

Please enlighten me on the purpose of Lamborghini if it isn’t market share and profitibility. I’ll wait for your answer.

As for Solar City, please share your market study supporting “most” (which means more than 50%) don’t know who Elon is. I find this comment most interesting from you since the company was started by Elon’s cousins from his recommendation and him being one of the original financiers. I would bet less than 50% of the population in America know who Elon is much less a company he basically started.
MR. X
9/24/2018 3:17am
Moto96 wrote:
tcannon521 wrote:

For gross sales etc,

From Wiki...........

tcannon521 wrote:
You’re right, Elon just started a company and does nothing but fly around the country and cash checks... if you believe that then you’re out of...
You’re right, Elon just started a company and does nothing but fly around the country and cash checks... if you believe that then you’re out of touch with who he is.

Please enlighten me on the purpose of Lamborghini if it isn’t market share and profitibility. I’ll wait for your answer.

As for Solar City, please share your market study supporting “most” (which means more than 50%) don’t know who Elon is. I find this comment most interesting from you since the company was started by Elon’s cousins from his recommendation and him being one of the original financiers. I would bet less than 50% of the population in America know who Elon is much less a company he basically started.
Solar city was the biggest tax payer rip off that i can remember .

Post a reply to: We should start a pool on when musk completely loses it

The Latest