Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2018 6:23 AM

|

8/17/2018 8:05 AM

Time to buy more stock.

|

8/17/2018 6:20 PM

It’s not looking good. He will probably be ousted.

|

8/18/2018 7:44 AM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

Time to buy more stock.

It's a real standoff between the short sellers and the institutions. Only about 15% of the float is owned by individual traders and most of them are probably short. They cant really hurt the stock price because 85% of the shares are owned by insiders or institutions. As long as they hold, it wont crash. It could revert to the mean though which is probably about 250 to 275 if some of them take some profits as a precaution. Short sellers keep Musk awake at night. He cant stand anyone betting against him. His obsession with them might have gotten him in serious trouble with the SEC. He is another major public person, uhummm, that should probably cancel his Twitter account. At least for awhile.

|

9/7/2018 6:16 AM

He's at it again.

|

9/7/2018 6:28 AM

He just did a Joe Rogan podcast yesterday. It was... Interesting...

|

9/7/2018 7:15 AM

Extremely intelligent people tend to drive themselves crazy at some point. And by extremely intelligent I'm not talking about the smart buddy you knew in high school that is now working as an engineer. I'm talking about the ones who are amonsgt the elite.

|

9/7/2018 7:54 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Extremely intelligent people tend to drive themselves crazy at some point. And by extremely intelligent I'm not talking about ...more

The majority of the most intelligent people Ive ever known in my life, never pursued higher education. And the majority of the PhD's Ive known personally were half-wits.

IQ and book smarts are not necessarily linked.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

9/7/2018 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 8:02 AM

JAFO92 wrote:

The majority of the most intelligent people Ive ever known in my life, never pursued higher education. And the majority of the ...more

This for sure..

We had an intern who was working on his Masters in Engineering and he didn't know how to use a Dewalt cordless drill...Seriously didn't know how to put the driver bit in the chuck!

Also reminds me- Was volunteering at a YMCA camp years ago and we were building some rain shelters..etc..there were a handful of Drs helping build. Within the first few minutes several of them had cuts, smashed fingers from hammers..etc..Was funny as hell!

|

9/7/2018 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 9:09 AM

He will be fine and it’s highly unlikely he would be ousted from a company he owns 25% of. Also, as a Tesla customer I would be really concerned if he was ousted.

Remember, Tesla delivered more Model 3 sedans last month than BMW delivered total passenger cars in America. This will be the first of many years for this happening.

|

9/7/2018 9:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 9:27 AM

Maybe he needs Prozac or something. Or a social media manager to shut him up so he quits scaring his share holders.

|

GP740
Since 1987

9/7/2018 9:40 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Maybe he needs Prozac or something. Or a social media manager to shut him up so he quits scaring his share holders.

He is who he is that’s why he is successful. Why limit his mind with drugs? Anyone who picks on his social media posts never saw the late night emails from Steve Jobs. Seriously, it’s a good thing Twitter wasn’t big when Steve Jobs was alive.

That said, sometimes even I cringe at some of his posts but then I remember I’m not him and he’s just as allowed to speak his mind as I am.

|

9/7/2018 9:40 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Extremely intelligent people tend to drive themselves crazy at some point. And by extremely intelligent I'm not talking about ...more

JAFO92 wrote:

The majority of the most intelligent people Ive ever known in my life, never pursued higher education. And the majority of the ...more

Brad460 wrote:

This for sure..

We had an intern who was working on his Masters in Engineering and he didn't know how to use a Dewalt ...more

Just because they aren't used to doing the hands on type of stuff it doesn't mean they're dumb. It literally has 0 bearing on their intelligence level what so ever.

Go into their medical world and try to perform their duties. You'd look just as "dumb" as they did with a hammer.

I know some really, really good general contractors that are as dumb as a box of rocks. Just because you're good with a hammer and nails it doesn't mean you're smart.

|

9/7/2018 9:43 AM

I saw a story that said his stock dropped 9% because he smoked a joint with Joe rogan laughing where do people come up with this shit?

|

9/7/2018 9:44 AM

agn5009 wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

Absolutely. The most successful people have a good IQ and even better work ethic. No one can deny Musk's determination to create next level things. Which is why he's so successful and wealthy.

|

9/7/2018 9:44 AM

Is this really a thread about people suggesting Elon Musk is a half-wit that needs to be on prescription drugs?

Photo

|

9/7/2018 9:57 AM

JAFO92 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

This for sure..

We had an intern who was working on his Masters in Engineering and he didn't know how to use a Dewalt ...more

agn5009 wrote:

Just because they aren't used to doing the hands on type of stuff it doesn't mean they're dumb. It literally has 0 bearing on ...more

laughing This one went right over you're head...uhm..No one is saying Drs and others are not smart!

|

9/7/2018 10:07 AM

agn5009 wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

This for sure..

As an engineer who used to be a master automotive tech, I now work with some engineers who don't even know which side of a screwdriver to hold. (Some of them) are still great engineers, because their job is not to hold a screwdriver... it is to be an engineer.

I also worked with plenty of guys who I know are smarter than me, but barely ever made it past sweeping the floor - having the motivation to do something with your brain is just as important as having a brain.

As for Musk, I think he is extremely motivated and intelligent - but I don't know if CEO is the right position for him. He seems to jump from decision to decision erratically, and has his hands in too many projects at once. I've only listened to about an hour of the Rogan pod so far, but what I heard didn't really scream "leader" or motivator to me - he seems to be more of an individual innovator that is micromanaging his businesses. But what the hell do I know, I'm not the billion-aire.

Taking on the auto industry is a tall order for TSLA as well. They for sure disrupted the industry and showed that there is a consumer demand for EVs. However, their extremely heavy vertical integration is going to be their downfall in my opinion. They have nothing else that the major OEs can't do, and they have no supply chain or manufacturing base to support them. There's a reason why all other OEs don't try to make everything in house. Now that the established OEs have decided to play ball, I think it is only a matter of time before Tesla's car production fizzles.

However, Tesla's battery factory could be promising if it pans out.

|

9/7/2018 10:15 AM

Jbulz wrote:

As an engineer who used to be a master automotive tech, I now work with some engineers who don't even know which side of a ...more

This has been my experience as well. Engineering is not being a mechanic, but it is related. There can be success with or without college it just depends on if what you are doing is right for you.

As for Tesla. The model 3 seems to have been a mistake. The should have stuck with boutique passenger vehicles and integrated commercial trucks and buses sooner. But that just my opinion.

|

9/7/2018 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 10:44 AM

Brad460 wrote:

This for sure..

Jbulz wrote:

As an engineer who used to be a master automotive tech, I now work with some engineers who don't even know which side of a ...more

early wrote:

This has been my experience as well. Engineering is not being a mechanic, but it is related. There can be success with or ...more

I disagree with your Model 3 statement. They sold over 20,000 last month with an average price of 60,000 that’s 1.2 billion dollars in one month. If they are at 15% margin they made 180 million dollars.

The future will only increase as assembly lines never go backwards and usually get more efficient with time.

|

9/7/2018 10:45 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

tcannon521 wrote:

He is who he is that’s why he is successful. Why limit his mind with drugs? Anyone who picks on his social media posts never ...more

Papa johns anyone?

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

9/7/2018 10:57 AM

tcannon521 wrote:

I disagree with your Model 3 statement. They sold over 20,000 last month with an average price of 60,000 that’s 1.2 billion ...more

After fairly recently scrapping/de-integrating alot of their production line on the model 3 they will have production issues well into the future. The chief accountant and head of HR just quit the company. I fear the model 3 has done more to tarnish their reputation than help it, although it does seem to be quite a good car.

|

9/7/2018 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 11:07 AM

early wrote:

After fairly recently scrapping/de-integrating alot of their production line on the model 3 they will have production issues ...more

I’m not sure what you mean with fairly recently scrapping/de-integrating. They have added 2 additional lines since any publicly known issues.

The chief accountant was brought in to help with the transition to private. In his departure statement they cited heavy workloads (well known about for Tesla employees) and nonstop press. He also stated the accounting practices were sound and had nothing to do with his departure. I highly doubt he would make this statement if he didn’t believe it. The SEC might actually be worse than the IRS.

|

9/7/2018 11:05 AM

Jbulz wrote:

early wrote:

This has been my experience as well. Engineering is not being a mechanic, but it is related. There can be success with or ...more

tcannon521 wrote:

I disagree with your Model 3 statement. They sold over 20,000 last month with an average price of 60,000 that’s 1.2 billion ...more

How many of those sales were filling pre orders that were past due? I haven't kept up with it but had seen or read where they were way behind schedule a while back.

|

9/7/2018 11:08 AM

Quick question how does one get parts for a tesla? Do they carry them at auto zone just like any other brand? Cross over parts from other cars? etc....

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

9/7/2018 11:11 AM

JAFO92 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

This for sure..

Jbulz wrote:

I find that engineers who "used to be mechanics" or are mechanics/mechanical themselves make the best engineers because it allows them to fully understand the whole dynamic of the system.

My co-worker was a auto mechanic for many years until he went to school for engineering. The guy is a engineering genius and often relates things back to his "wrenching days"..He fully understand the whole system..

For example- Engineers who are not at all mechanical are the one designing systems that are impossible/difficult to service..

|

9/7/2018 11:12 AM

tcannon521 wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean with fairly recently scrapping/de-integrating. They have added 2 additional lines since any ...more

The stamping operation is producing parts at about half the rate of the large companies. I was actually contacted by a head hunter about a tool maker position at tesla . I couldn't have turned it down fast enough.

|

9/7/2018 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2018 11:22 AM

newmann wrote:

How many of those sales were filling pre orders that were past due? I haven't kept up with it but had seen or read where they ...more

Mostly filling backorders. During the last quarterly call they consistently stayed around 400,000 back orders over the last year. Basically, they are taking as many deposits daily as they are selling.

|

9/7/2018 11:15 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Quick question how does one get parts for a tesla? Do they carry them at auto zone just like any other brand? Cross over parts ...more

What parts would you need from autozone? The vehicle does has a lot less traditional parts just because nothing is powered by belts or an ICE engine.

|

9/7/2018 11:17 AM

tcannon521 wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean with fairly recently scrapping/de-integrating. They have added 2 additional lines since any ...more

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/tesla-aims-to-speed-model-3-production-with-more-manpower

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/4/13/17234296/tesla-model-3-robots-production-hell-elon-musk

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-tesla-model-3-20180417-story.html%3foutputType=amp

These are from back in April when the really restructured to meet production goals

|