Water district workers read

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2018 10:00 AM

Ok so I currently work in the engineering Dept at a hospital. Doing stupid trivial crap, mind numbing. I applied for an entry level at a water district as a field service tech, on the 9th I go in to take an assessment exam. What sort of things will be on this exam? I want to be as prepared as I can and not pull a tomac.

|

5/3/2018 11:18 AM

Or even worse, a j lawwhistling

|

5/3/2018 12:13 PM

They are going to ask... "Can Fish Drown"

Just write this answer down.

Fish require oxygen, just like we do. Oxygen is naturally present in water, in the form of dissolved oxygen gas. A fish breathes oxygen and reacts harshly to low oxygen levels, just like we do, evidenced by increases in heart rate and respiration. Generally, this can be witness through slow, belabored breathing (they "look" like they're struggling to breathe).

As they breathe, they consume oxygen and expel carbon dioxide, just like us. While this is not a problem for us, in an enclosed water environment, this slowly, but gradually, depletes the life-sustaining oxygen from the water. The only place the new oxygen can re-enter the water to replace the consumed oxygen is the surface where water meets air. This surface is limited in size (relative to the volume of water).

Aquarists use air pumps to bring oxygen-deficient water up to the surface via the bubbles that float to the top, creating a mild, but constant circulating effect, thus maintaining the oxygen levels needed for fish to survive.

You may have seen koi ponds that do not appear to have this same circulation environment I am describing. Why don't those fish drown? Good question. It is because these ponds are very shallow and the koi swim near the surface of the water, where oxygen is plentiful. You may also notice them periodically taking gulps of air, as their mouths protrude above the surface of the water.

In contrast, put 100 fish into a small 20-gallon tank and they'll all die for sure, even with aeration (fish to water ratio is much too great).

Needless to say, without adequate oxygenation, the poor little guys will drown.

|

5/3/2018 2:24 PM

Field Service Tech .......

Meter Reader w00t

Civil Service ! ! ! laughing

|

5/3/2018 3:26 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

Ok so I currently work in the engineering Dept at a hospital. Doing stupid trivial crap, mind numbing. I applied for an entry level at a water district as a field service tech, on the 9th I go in to take an assessment exam. What sort of things will be on this exam? I want to be as prepared as I can and not pull a tomac.

So what does the water district or who does the water district serve? Is it domestic water, drinking water or is it Irrigation District water to Farmers? Could be anything from ditch tending to servicing pumps or reading meters. Drinking water issues are mainly water quality possibly including chemical tests for purity. Irrigation water could include pipes pumps or canals. Study up on the district before you go in.

|

5/3/2018 4:24 PM

If you know someone there then dont worry about it.

|

5/3/2018 5:27 PM

Which water district?

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool

5/3/2018 5:57 PM

TXDirt wrote:

They are going to ask... "Can Fish Drown"

Just write this answer down.

Fish require oxygen, just like we do. Oxygen is naturally present in water, in the form of dissolved oxygen gas. A fish breathes oxygen and reacts harshly to low oxygen levels, just like we do, evidenced by increases in heart rate and respiration. Generally, this can be witness through slow, belabored breathing (they "look" like they're struggling to breathe).

As they breathe, they consume oxygen and expel carbon dioxide, just like us. While this is not a problem for us, in an enclosed water environment, this slowly, but gradually, depletes the life-sustaining oxygen from the water. The only place the new oxygen can re-enter the water to replace the consumed oxygen is the surface where water meets air. This surface is limited in size (relative to the volume of water).

Aquarists use air pumps to bring oxygen-deficient water up to the surface via the bubbles that float to the top, creating a mild, but constant circulating effect, thus maintaining the oxygen levels needed for fish to survive.

You may have seen koi ponds that do not appear to have this same circulation environment I am describing. Why don't those fish drown? Good question. It is because these ponds are very shallow and the koi swim near the surface of the water, where oxygen is plentiful. You may also notice them periodically taking gulps of air, as their mouths protrude above the surface of the water.

In contrast, put 100 fish into a small 20-gallon tank and they'll all die for sure, even with aeration (fish to water ratio is much too great).

Needless to say, without adequate oxygenation, the poor little guys will drown.

Wouldn't that be suffocation?

|

5/3/2018 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2018 6:36 PM

Do you know any commissioners ?

Do your opponents know any commissioners ? Is it possible they already selected a candidate but are interviewing to make the process legit....

Pfft. Go in there and tell them you wanna work. Or since it’s a govt gig....maybe show up late, tell them you have a busy social life, if there’s a union.... tell them you’ll vote however the union tells you to.... etc....they’ll probably hire you.

Seriously tho, for these type of jobs aren’t they looking for a certain personality to hire ? If it’s you, you’ll be selected.

|

GP740
Since 1987

5/4/2018 7:20 PM

The water dept won't have near as nice of scenery as the hospital.

|

5/4/2018 7:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2018 7:59 PM

You know fish can die of thirst as well? Especially larger meat eater's. They can't drink the salt water , and get their fresh water into their system from eating prey. Can't catch anything....they can starve and die of thirst.

Totally random here........haha , but one of my favorite animals on planet earth , has got to be the " Pistol shrimp ". Not kidding! That little badass shrimp uses it's pincher as a gun. It cocks it open , and when a fish swims by he fires it ( closes it super fast )....it causes a sonic boom under water and knocks the living shit out of the fish.

The incredible part is.....it's even past a sonic boom! It creates ( for a split second ) a bubble of dead space , which generates heat , up to 4000+ degrees before it implodes! Fish 5x his size , gets knocked the fuck out so he wanders over and chows on them while their taking a dirt nap.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja