Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2018 1:11 PM

TDF won't be the same

The move podcast, great stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gefGgUgt8SE

|

12/20/2018 2:49 PM

Oh man, R.I.P. I absolutely loved listening to him and Phil Liggett's commentary.

|

12/20/2018 3:40 PM

Sherwen’s death was a sad, sad day for pro cycling fans. You nailed it, Hillbilly. LeTour won’t be the same without his commentary. For me he was the best.

|

12/20/2018 4:09 PM

Who would want to try and take his place with Phil,the bar is so high.

Bobke would be the guy ,the only guy, for me anyways.

|

12/20/2018 6:55 PM

Paul and Phil average around 5 hours per day of commentary during the TdF. That takes a very talented, disciplined and well rounded individual. I’m not sure Bob Roll can manage it but agree he’s the best option of the usuals. Will Phil Liggett continue without his close friend who co-hosted the TdF alongside him for decades?

|

12/20/2018 9:33 PM

Yup, super bad news, happened very suddenly and without warning from what I heard. In a sport as polarizing as Cycling finding a replacment will be difficult in order to maintain the same type of broadcast. The only retired rider I can think of to take his place would be Jens Voight. He is known for his whacky personality, sense of humor and ridiculous accent. But one thing for sure TDF is gonna sound strange now.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

12/20/2018 10:27 PM

Unfortunately we didn't have them commentating the last couple of years. The network it gets aired on here dropped them and we have Matt Keenan (very knowledgeable) and Robbie McEwan, who are both very good but no Sherwen/Liggett obviously.

Really bummed.

|

12/21/2018 9:03 PM

Sir Roostsalot wrote:

Yup, super bad news, happened very suddenly and without warning from what I heard. In a sport as polarizing as Cycling finding ...more

I likeYens. He's good but no one can replace Paul.

|

12/22/2018 12:12 AM

hillbilly wrote:

TDF won't be the same

Thank you for sharing that.

|

12/22/2018 7:09 AM

hillbilly wrote:

TDF won't be the same

Damn bro.....that was heavy, brought me to tears.

Thanks for passing that along bud.....left me speechless.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

12/22/2018 9:30 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Unfortunately we didn't have them commentating the last couple of years. The network it gets aired on here dropped them and we ...more

I always liked McEwan when he was the fiery sprinter. Are they covering the entire stages or just the highlights? It’s during those long, flat stages of little racing action when gifted commentators like Sherwen and Liggett can find interesting topics to discuss while waiting for something of relevance to happen on the road.

|

12/22/2018 11:44 AM

Nighttrain wrote:

I always liked McEwan when he was the fiery sprinter. Are they covering the entire stages or just the highlights? It’s during ...more

The entire stage. For a while Keenan would do the first hour or so, then they would switch over to Sherwen and Liggett.

|

12/22/2018 12:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2018 12:44 PM

That's how my dad passed away, and at 62 the day before the tour started in 2011.

|