Washington football team

reded
7/25/2020 6:17am
I feel like if I were Native American I would be proud to have my heritage displayed in front of the entire nation on a weekly basis. What better way to never forget that we were the OG Americans and some tough sonsabitches at that.
omalley
7/25/2020 7:27am
KennyT wrote:
I just saw they are in trouble for sexual misconduct at team headquarters. How about the “ Washington Harveys” it has a “S” on end
“Washington Epsteins “
7/25/2020 12:12pm
Couldn’t call them rednecks. Rednecks are blatantly accused of being hellaciously racist. So the city might burn for that one.

The Shop

Nellie12
7/25/2020 7:51pm
Crazy Ray just rolled over in his grave laughing his ass off.
SEEMEFIRST
7/25/2020 9:47pm
Nellie12 wrote:
Crazy Ray just rolled over in his grave laughing his ass off.
Hahahaha! No doubt.
APLMAN99
7/28/2020 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2020 9:45pm
At first I thought that this thread was about the Univ of Washington football team. I was going to suggest that they adopt their most famous alumni as their mascot/identity. It would be perfect!!!!!

Introducing the Univ of Washington Ted Bundys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reded
7/30/2020 4:10pm
Patrick Duffy would be my choice of hero outta that group. He was dry humping Victoria Principal on national tv back when she was hottern Johnny O’s headpipe after a mid-summer moto.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/30/2020 4:41pm
The whole "sports team name is offensive" argument never made much sense to me. Several years ago, I remember a similar controversy surrounding the San Diego State Aztecs. They had a mascot who wore period-appropriate Aztec clothing and weaponry. The argument against the mascot was that it portrayed the indigenous people as "spear chuckers."
Hmmm. It seems like you have a sports team that wants to be perceived as fierce warriors. You are portraying the indigenous people (none of whom are around anymore, BTW; the Aztec empire failed in the 16th century,) as brave, fearsome warriors. (And they actually used spears: https://www.ancient.eu/Aztec_Warfare/#:~:text=Weapons%20%26%20Armour,bu….)

So in what way is it offensive? Firstly, there are no Aztecs alive today to be offended. Secondly, the portrayal is of a strong, fierce awesome dude who we could all be proud of. Is it really offensive to compliment an indigenous people? Or are we not supposed to even celebrate them, because that's racist?
reded
7/30/2020 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2020 5:15pm
Falcon wrote:
The whole "sports team name is offensive" argument never made much sense to me. Several years ago, I remember a similar controversy surrounding the San Diego...
The whole "sports team name is offensive" argument never made much sense to me. Several years ago, I remember a similar controversy surrounding the San Diego State Aztecs. They had a mascot who wore period-appropriate Aztec clothing and weaponry. The argument against the mascot was that it portrayed the indigenous people as "spear chuckers."
Hmmm. It seems like you have a sports team that wants to be perceived as fierce warriors. You are portraying the indigenous people (none of whom are around anymore, BTW; the Aztec empire failed in the 16th century,) as brave, fearsome warriors. (And they actually used spears: https://www.ancient.eu/Aztec_Warfare/#:~:text=Weapons%20%26%20Armour,bu….)

So in what way is it offensive? Firstly, there are no Aztecs alive today to be offended. Secondly, the portrayal is of a strong, fierce awesome dude who we could all be proud of. Is it really offensive to compliment an indigenous people? Or are we not supposed to even celebrate them, because that's racist?
I don’t even know anymore. I do know that I wouldn’t lose a second of sleep if there were a team named the Whiteskins, Crackers, or Honkeys because it really wouldn’t change anything about my life unless they were based out of KC. If that were the case I’d cheer for the KC Honkeys.
Chance1216
7/30/2020 7:45pm
Falcon wrote:
The whole "sports team name is offensive" argument never made much sense to me. Several years ago, I remember a similar controversy surrounding the San Diego...

reded wrote:
I don’t even know anymore. I do know that I wouldn’t lose a second of sleep if there were a team named the Whiteskins, Crackers, or...
I don’t even know anymore. I do know that I wouldn’t lose a second of sleep if there were a team named the Whiteskins, Crackers, or Honkeys because it really wouldn’t change anything about my life unless they were based out of KC. If that were the case I’d cheer for the KC Honkeys.
Oregon Beavers. Just waiting for that to be offensive.
early
Fantasy
2231st
7/31/2020 8:13pm

Post a reply to: Washington football team

The Latest