Wanting to take the wife to Mexico in August...

BK
5/18/2010 9:34am
Most of the issues in Mexico are in the border towns. The resort towns down south try to keep things safe or they will not have repeat customers. We are headed to Playa Del Carmen in 2 weeks. I like it better down there than in Cancun. Less people and much better beaches in my opinion.

We are doing a family trip (bringing the kids) to Rocky Point late July early August. We rent a house on the beach and never have had any issues either. Fairly cheap too. Times are tough down there right now so you can negotiate some really good deals. We get a 3300 sq ft. home for about $1500 for 4 nights. It has 5 bedrooms and so we can split that among 3 to 4 families that come with us. Makes for a real cheap vacation. Here's the info on the house we rent; https://www.castawaysrockypoint.com/14380/index.html

My bro in law also shot a quick flip vid of the house; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhPbk1A4fM
huck
5/18/2010 9:47am
BK wrote:
Most of the issues in Mexico are in the border towns. The resort towns down south try to keep things safe or they will not have...
Most of the issues in Mexico are in the border towns. The resort towns down south try to keep things safe or they will not have repeat customers. We are headed to Playa Del Carmen in 2 weeks. I like it better down there than in Cancun. Less people and much better beaches in my opinion.

We are doing a family trip (bringing the kids) to Rocky Point late July early August. We rent a house on the beach and never have had any issues either. Fairly cheap too. Times are tough down there right now so you can negotiate some really good deals. We get a 3300 sq ft. home for about $1500 for 4 nights. It has 5 bedrooms and so we can split that among 3 to 4 families that come with us. Makes for a real cheap vacation. Here's the info on the house we rent; https://www.castawaysrockypoint.com/14380/index.html

My bro in law also shot a quick flip vid of the house; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhPbk1A4fM
Nice place...we'll just go and stay with you!

maicoman
5/18/2010 9:48am
Huck, we went to a small place called Akumal, it's south of Cozumel. On the cheap, laid back, dive the Cenotes, snorkel, etc. low key.
BK
5/18/2010 9:51am
BK wrote:
Most of the issues in Mexico are in the border towns. The resort towns down south try to keep things safe or they will not have...

huck wrote:
Nice place...we'll just go and stay with you!

Feel free. We only have 3 confirmed couples with a few kids going so we still have 2 bedrooms to fill.

The Shop

BK
5/18/2010 9:56am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2010 9:58am
flarider wrote:
BK's a messican!!
Just don't ask for my papers.

BK
5/18/2010 9:59am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2010 10:00am
maicoman
5/18/2010 10:00am
flarider wrote:
BK's a messican!!
BK wrote:
Just don't ask for my papers. [img]http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/member/BKs-album,92/Funny,24870/BK,246[/img]

I need your papers and your identification now.
BK
5/18/2010 10:01am
flarider wrote:
BK's a messican!!
BK wrote:
Just don't ask for my papers. [img]http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/member/BKs-album,92/Funny,24870/BK,246[/img]

maicoman wrote:
I need your papers and your identification now.
huck
5/18/2010 10:13am
BK wrote:
Feel free. We only have 3 confirmed couples with a few kids going so we still have 2 bedrooms to fill.
I can't go until August...

Dave said you're a messican...which would be good. You could translate, as I don't speak Mexican!
maicoman
5/18/2010 10:30am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2010 10:31am
he look like pinche gringo to meShocked
BK
5/18/2010 10:40am
maicoman wrote:
he look like pinche gringo to me
he look like pinche gringo to meShocked
vete a la mierda Maicoman (valm maicoman for short)
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
5/18/2010 10:44am
huck wrote:
Any suggestions? We are going with another couple that is on a pretty limited budget, plus I just got a new camper, so something relatively inexpensive...
Any suggestions?

We are going with another couple that is on a pretty limited budget, plus I just got a new camper, so something relatively inexpensive would be nice. We just want to go hang out, drink, and have a good time.

Is Cancun the place...or somewhere else?

P wrote:
With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.

P
I love South Beach, but I gotta disagree with the cheap statement.

When we go there (wife and I) we spend 200 dollars a day plus somewhere to stay and airfare. SB is the most expensive place I have ever been!!!

Nascarnick
5/18/2010 11:16am
jmar wrote:
It's no comparison P. As far as Mexico being safe, they should have no troubles in any of the resorts listed as long as they don't...
It's no comparison P. As far as Mexico being safe, they should have no troubles in any of the resorts listed as long as they don't get out of the resort of hotel zones.
Nascarnick wrote:
Have fun but even the nicest of resorts doesnt guarantee you will be trouble free. A manufacturer I rep for takes us on a trip every...
Have fun but even the nicest of resorts doesnt guarantee you will be trouble free. A manufacturer I rep for takes us on a trip every year and this year it happened to be Cancun at a well known all inclusive resort. Gated and all that. Luckily I couldnt go this year due to having my ruptured achilles put back together. The 1st night 3 resort employees tried to kidnap a 7 yr old in the middle of the night and one guy I knew got his room cleaned out while hanging at the pool...($2000 watch, laptop, wallet, etc....) and the resort employees told him they couldnt help him. They had no information. Place is a zoo and it would not bother me in the least to never go back!!!!!!! Last year we went to Puerta Vallarta and didnt have any issues tho.
jmar wrote:
I have made the trip15 to 20 times and have never experienced anything like that.
I wasnt trying to say it happens everyday at these places, just trying to let people know that just because its a gated high-rated resort doesnt gaurantee your safety.
P
5/18/2010 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:54pm
huck wrote:
Any suggestions? We are going with another couple that is on a pretty limited budget, plus I just got a new camper, so something relatively inexpensive...
Any suggestions?

We are going with another couple that is on a pretty limited budget, plus I just got a new camper, so something relatively inexpensive would be nice. We just want to go hang out, drink, and have a good time.

Is Cancun the place...or somewhere else?

P wrote:
With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.

P
tcannon521 wrote:
I love South Beach, but I gotta disagree with the cheap statement. When we go there (wife and I) we spend 200 dollars a day plus...
I love South Beach, but I gotta disagree with the cheap statement.

When we go there (wife and I) we spend 200 dollars a day plus somewhere to stay and airfare. SB is the most expensive place I have ever been!!!

For those that don't know South Beach is different than Miami, much different. The people, the atmosphere, everything is different. It is a world destination. Also, JMAR, I've been before. I'll take South Beach over Cancun any day.

tcannon521, I got a round trip ticket for $101 once. I fly into Fort Lauderdale and take a shuttle down to South Beach. If you spend 200 bones a day, you'll ball'n. There are places to eat that are very reasonable and there is nightlife that is free. Wait, let me say that again, free. If you are taking someone "special" there are A LOT of quiet places to eat that are very romantic. In terms of places to stay, just check Travelocity. There are plenty of decent places listed for right at or under $100 per night.

The trick is to go during the week. The weekends are a mad house, but during the week South Beach is very relaxing, but still a lot of fun. For value I don't think you can really beat it.

HUCK, you might also want to think about the outer banks of North Carolina or Charleston, SC. You might as well keep those dollars in the US.

That's just MHO.

P
KAWboy14
5/18/2010 6:07pm
take her to austin and san antonio....there are way more mexicans there than in mexico... Smile

Post a reply to: Wanting to take the wife to Mexico in August...

The Latest