Wanting to take the wife to Mexico in August...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2010 7:27 PM

Any suggestions?

We are going with another couple that is on a pretty limited budget, plus I just got a new camper, so something relatively inexpensive would be nice. We just want to go hang out, drink, and have a good time.

Is Cancun the place...or somewhere else?


|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/17/2010 7:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2010 7:35 PM

Cancun and Cozumel are wayyyy overrated in my opinion. Check into Aruba, Jamaica or the Pacific side of Mex.

|

5/17/2010 7:38 PM

Compton !

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

5/17/2010 7:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 10:52 PM

South Gate Ca.
Huntington Park Ca.


I'm doing the seven day cruise at the end of June, no need to even leave the ship (Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan) leave a lot to be desired.


Cancun/Cozumel seem to be the best idea for actually "staying" in Mexico.

Have a blast.

|

5/17/2010 7:52 PM

I'm doing a cruise in 2 week with a stop in Cozumel
Plan to meet up with BK at Playa del Carmen where he'll be on vacation

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

5/17/2010 8:14 PM

Me and wife go once a year. We have done all numinous times but we like Playa Del Carmen better than Cancun or Cozumel.

If you like golf and don't mind being 20 to 30 mins from town, then there are a lot of very nice places outside of Playa..

Look up the Mayan Riviera.

|

Jim Martin

5/17/2010 8:38 PM

Does your sister know about the "other" woman?

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

5/17/2010 8:47 PM

With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.


P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

5/17/2010 9:27 PM

P wrote:

With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.


P

It's no comparison P. As far as Mexico being safe, they should have no troubles in any of the resorts listed as long as they don't get out of the resort of hotel zones.

|

Jim Martin

5/17/2010 9:28 PM

Puerto Escondido is really nice and less expensive in the summer. HOT, large surf and rainy in the afternoon. I like almost anywhere, just make sure you get a pic of you on one of those donkeys painted as a zebra.

|

"Cheezus"

5/17/2010 9:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 10:52 PM

fcr wrote:

Puerto Escondido is really nice and less expensive in the summer. HOT, large surf and rainy in the afternoon. I like almost anywhere, just make sure you get a pic of you on one of those donkeys painted as a zebra.

Puerto Escondido is brutal if the surf is big.




|

Jim Martin

5/17/2010 9:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2010 10:15 PM

I got PE about 15" with only a 7'6" . once it dropped a few feet I was good to go, that is such a fun wave. It is breaking in about knee deep to waist water.

Huatulco just south is really a nice area to go also. I love the pacific side anywhere, any season.

|

"Cheezus"

5/17/2010 10:13 PM

P wrote:

With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.


P

Miami? Eh. I guess if you're into the clubbing thing it would be cool, otherwise? The place is a dump.

I wouldn't think twice about going to Mexico in one of the resort towns. If you get off the beaten path there might be a problem but the last thing the resorts want is Americans getting messed with.

|

5/18/2010 1:26 AM

Rocky Pointe! We camp at The Reef every Spring Break! Beach on one side of the RV park, dunes on the other.

|

"When the choice is Better than Bush or Worse than Carter you have to throw out the standards" - Randy S

5/18/2010 3:57 AM

P wrote:

With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.


P

Id rather get a root canal than even drive thru Miami. Other than that Florida is gorgeous, but you cant beat the Yucatan for pretty beaches and carribean water.

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

5/18/2010 5:11 AM

fcr wrote:

Puerto Escondido is really nice and less expensive in the summer. HOT, large surf and rainy in the afternoon. I like almost anywhere, just make sure you get a pic of you on one of those donkeys painted as a zebra.

jmar wrote:

Puerto Escondido is brutal if the surf is big.




MAN! Watching that I kept thinking to myself, "hurry". He got crunched, OUCH!

Huck, Juarez is the place you need to be.

|

5/18/2010 5:15 AM

Just be sure to fly Old Glory! I hear thats the cool thing to do while you're there.

|

"For the loser now will be later to win"--Robert Zimmerman

5/18/2010 5:28 AM

P wrote:

With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.


P

Too many Mexicans in Miami...


|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/18/2010 5:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 10:53 PM

huck wrote:

Too many Mexicans in Miami...


I thought that was Puerto Ricans, Cubans & Haitians?

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

5/18/2010 5:51 AM

P wrote:

With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.


P

huck wrote:

Too many Mexicans in Miami...


Racer92 wrote:

I thought that was Puerto Ricans, Cubans & Haitians?

They all look the same to me...

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/18/2010 6:05 AM

huck wrote:

They all look the same to me...

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

5/18/2010 6:05 AM

huck wrote:

Too many Mexicans in Miami...


Racer92 wrote:

I thought that was Puerto Ricans, Cubans & Haitians?

huck wrote:

They all look the same to me...

Isn't it Ironic that there are more mexicans in Miami than at the Mayan Rivera? I have never been but I have heard GREAT things about the Mayan Rivera. I have heard it is inexpensive and very nice.

|

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

5/18/2010 6:29 AM

I don't think there's a donkey show in Cancun. I mean, you know, if you really want to experience the local native talent and all.

|



Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.

5/18/2010 6:57 AM

Try Puerto Aventuras south of Playa Del Carmen as well, I took the wife and 2 kids there in March and had a blast it is a fully enclosed communtiy with 3-4 resorts and a small town with a marina. Good fishing right out of the marina and very safe. Next trip though we are going to Huatulco just to try the other side of Mexico.

|

Only 2 things that money can't buy, thats true love and homegrown tomatoes.

5/18/2010 7:21 AM

P wrote:

With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.


P

jmar wrote:

It's no comparison P. As far as Mexico being safe, they should have no troubles in any of the resorts listed as long as they don't get out of the resort of hotel zones.

Have fun but even the nicest of resorts doesnt guarantee you will be trouble free. A manufacturer I rep for takes us on a trip every year and this year it happened to be Cancun at a well known all inclusive resort. Gated and all that. Luckily I couldnt go this year due to having my ruptured achilles put back together. The 1st night 3 resort employees tried to kidnap a 7 yr old in the middle of the night and one guy I knew got his room cleaned out while hanging at the pool...($2000 watch, laptop, wallet, etc....) and the resort employees told him they couldnt help him. They had no information. Place is a zoo and it would not bother me in the least to never go back!!!!!!! Last year we went to Puerta Vallarta and didnt have any issues tho.

|

5/18/2010 8:34 AM

Im sure flying into and out of Mexico would be fairly safe, how ever you mentioned your camper and i assume you meant to drive down there? Theres no way i would even consider that.

|

5/18/2010 8:37 AM

oldschoolmxr203 wrote:

Im sure flying into and out of Mexico would be fairly safe, how ever you mentioned your camper and i assume you meant to drive down there? Theres no way i would even consider that.

No way would I do that. I just meant that I just bought a camper, so my budget is limited. I could fly to France for what it'd cost me in fuel to pull my camper to Mexico!! lol

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

5/18/2010 9:02 AM

P wrote:

With the crime rate in Mexico the way it is.................

Go to South Beach (Miami). You can get there cheap, stay cheap, and party cheap.


P

jmar wrote:

It's no comparison P. As far as Mexico being safe, they should have no troubles in any of the resorts listed as long as they don't get out of the resort of hotel zones.

Nascarnick wrote:

Have fun but even the nicest of resorts doesnt guarantee you will be trouble free. A manufacturer I rep for takes us on a trip every year and this year it happened to be Cancun at a well known all inclusive resort. Gated and all that. Luckily I couldnt go this year due to having my ruptured achilles put back together. The 1st night 3 resort employees tried to kidnap a 7 yr old in the middle of the night and one guy I knew got his room cleaned out while hanging at the pool...($2000 watch, laptop, wallet, etc....) and the resort employees told him they couldnt help him. They had no information. Place is a zoo and it would not bother me in the least to never go back!!!!!!! Last year we went to Puerta Vallarta and didnt have any issues tho.

I have made the trip15 to 20 times and have never experienced anything like that.

|

Jim Martin

5/18/2010 9:10 AM

Regarless where you end up, weather wise, Mexico in August is going to be brutal. If you do go, make sure your passports are up to date.

|

[Moto Creed-O: Take the High-Road.....Kick His Ass and Fuck His Chick

5/18/2010 9:23 AM

whyZ wrote:

Regarless where you end up, weather wise, Mexico in August is going to be brutal. If you do go, make sure your passports are up to date.

What? I am expected to show documents explaining who I am and why Im in a foreign country? I thought it was okay to run around foreign countries when you arent a legal citizen there, and to ask for documentation is racist heresy !

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin