WTF !!

JAFO92
Edited Date/Time 12/8/2017 6:33pm
Woke up to some weird white shit all over the pasture and everywhere. WTF happened? Aliens take over Earth last night? Cattle & horses think they were teleported to another planet.

This Texakin is confused. Huh

|
MR. X
12/8/2017 5:41am
How often will you guys get snow down there?
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
12/8/2017 5:43am
I didn't think they allowed snowflakes in Texas?
JAFO92
12/8/2017 5:45am
MR. X wrote:
How often will you guys get snow down there?
My area? Maybe once every 7+ years. And even then its in February. It wasnt a few days ago it was in the 80s. Of course Texas is pretty damn big so north Texas does this all the time, but down nearer the coast we just dont get crap like this often. Most years an ice storm in February is about all we get in terms of precipitation other than regular rain.
bigmaico
12/8/2017 5:47am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2017 5:49am
Jafo,

Same weird stuff here in Houston, I'm going to have it tested! as it never snows in Houston with Global warmingWhistling

The Shop

JAFO92
12/8/2017 5:50am
Yikes, you guys got it too. Damn that Al Gore !
JAFO92
12/8/2017 5:51am
AHRMA361 wrote:
I didn't think they allowed snowflakes in Texas?
The ones that sneak in get sent to Austin. Wink
MR. X
12/8/2017 5:53am
We're scheduled to get a storm ,unknown amount though. We got about a foot last night. That's what's crazy up here with lake effect ,if the front stalls out ,it just keeps pumping snow inland like a giant snow maker til the front moves on.
JAFO92
12/8/2017 6:02am
MR. X wrote:
We're scheduled to get a storm ,unknown amount though. We got about a foot last night. That's what's crazy up here with lake effect ,if the...
We're scheduled to get a storm ,unknown amount though. We got about a foot last night. That's what's crazy up here with lake effect ,if the front stalls out ,it just keeps pumping snow inland like a giant snow maker til the front moves on.
Hope its not bad over your way later on, keep us posted !
newmann
12/8/2017 6:06am
My pic this morning from the global warming thread. Hell has frozen over!

JRT812
12/8/2017 6:08am
Need to get that wall up pronto
MR. X
12/8/2017 6:10am
JRT812 wrote:
Just throw the snow over the wall like i do with my dogs shit and the neighbors fence?
JAFO92
12/8/2017 6:14am
JRT812 wrote:
MR. X wrote:
Just throw the snow over the wall like i do with my dogs shit and the neighbors fence?
Laughing
JAFO92
12/8/2017 6:15am
Hayburners dont have the first damn clue what that white shit is.

scooter5002
12/8/2017 7:39am

Now, you shall enter my world, and know what is my pain.
david225
12/8/2017 7:45am
While I am sitting here in PA with no snow on the ground.... This might be a stupid question but were those photos taken from webcams across your property? If so, I think that is a great way to use them.
12/8/2017 7:48am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/08/230330/s1200_F2F3FA7A_B20A_45C1_8B1C_10F7C838B768.jpg[/img] Now, you shall enter my world, and know what is my pain.

There hasn't been a legitimately snowy winter there in a while. I gave up owning sleds when I lived in Simcoe, was pointless.

We had a single storm here in NB with near a meter of accumulation last year, by the end of feb, the snow pile next to my driveway was about 7' tall the entire length of it. Got a few days off work though, which was awesome.
JAFO92
12/8/2017 7:57am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/08/230330/s1200_F2F3FA7A_B20A_45C1_8B1C_10F7C838B768.jpg[/img] Now, you shall enter my world, and know what is my pain.

Dont get too excited Mr. Burns, it will all be melted in a few hours. Kissing
JAFO92
12/8/2017 8:01am
david225 wrote:
While I am sitting here in PA with no snow on the ground.... This might be a stupid question but were those photos taken from webcams...
While I am sitting here in PA with no snow on the ground.... This might be a stupid question but were those photos taken from webcams across your property? If so, I think that is a great way to use them.
Yessir, I have about 8 of those wireless Arlo cameras all over the place. Can be checked from any computer or smart device. You can turn 'em on whenever you want to check something, most of the time they are on a scheduler thing that turns them on when we are gone. They are motion activated and if they sense motion will start recording and the software will email and text you that something is going on so you can check. Along with the outside ones, I have one camera in the garage pointing at my dirtbikes and Ranger, one inside pointing directly at my big vintage Pioneer collection, one at my gun safes, one at the livingroom and front door from inside, etc. They detect any motion, they start recording and contact me so I can call the Sheriff Dept and then drive out to shoot the damn crook personally.

Spydee
12/8/2017 8:07am
Sooo what happened to make want to install 8 cams?? Bears?
Hut
12/8/2017 8:20am
Snow in the south, oh the humanity!
JAFO92
12/8/2017 8:29am
Spydee wrote:
Actually started because I had a problem with armadillos wrecking my garden. Those little SOBs are like little backhoes and can literally wipe out your entire garden fast. Usually end of July going into August is pretty dry times here and they come up outta the woods and pastures lookin' for ground they can grub into to that is soft. So I got one of those cameras and put it on a t-post pointing at my garden and set it to text me when it sensed motion. So I put the phone by the bed, loaded up my 410 and waited. Eventually I got that damn thing and a few others since too. After a while you start seeing other places you can use 'em so we just bought more as time went on. The reason for ones inside is obvious, if someone trys to get my stuff in the house, bikes outside, etc, I will be notified instantly and can intervene. While we dont have crime like in the city, crooks are everywhere and Id rather be safe than sorry.

Its also nice to just able to check on things when you are gone with a click of a mouse or on your cellphone. Once time we had a wedding out of town and heard on the radio our area was getting hammered with bad weather, we can turn on cameras and check on the place.
JAFO92
12/8/2017 8:44am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2017 8:49am
Racer, is this the camera system you got?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arlo-by-Netgear-Security-Cameras-3-HD-Camera…

Might have to get one myself.
Yessir, thats it.

You plug that base into your router and it syncs/communicates with the cameras themselves. You control them on the Arlo web-base software, via computer or any smart device. The online software hosting is free up to 6 cameras. After that, there is a small fee if you want more camera ability. I have the base system, and have added a camera here and there over the past few years when I see one show up on sale online somewhere. The base station will handle many of them. Since I got mine, they have come out with even higher res models and even ones that support voice/sound. Meaning, you can put one at your front door and you can talk to, and hear, whoever is out there. These things are very VERY easy to use. Only downside is the batterys do need replacing occassionally, but that contingent on how much they are used obviously, and what res you set them to. Historically, cameras have been forensic in nature as they only give you something to use to find a crook after they have done the act, these things notify you real-time and you can possibly stop the SOBs in the act. (as well as have video evidence.)

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/default.aspx
Spydee
12/8/2017 8:47am
Spydee wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:
Actually started because I had a problem with armadillos wrecking my garden. Those little SOBs are like little backhoes and can literally wipe out your entire...
Actually started because I had a problem with armadillos wrecking my garden. Those little SOBs are like little backhoes and can literally wipe out your entire garden fast. Usually end of July going into August is pretty dry times here and they come up outta the woods and pastures lookin' for ground they can grub into to that is soft. So I got one of those cameras and put it on a t-post pointing at my garden and set it to text me when it sensed motion. So I put the phone by the bed, loaded up my 410 and waited. Eventually I got that damn thing and a few others since too. After a while you start seeing other places you can use 'em so we just bought more as time went on. The reason for ones inside is obvious, if someone trys to get my stuff in the house, bikes outside, etc, I will be notified instantly and can intervene. While we dont have crime like in the city, crooks are everywhere and Id rather be safe than sorry.

Its also nice to just able to check on things when you are gone with a click of a mouse or on your cellphone. Once time we had a wedding out of town and heard on the radio our area was getting hammered with bad weather, we can turn on cameras and check on the place.
Ha I wasn't too far off then! What's the weirdest thing you've ever caught on those cameras?
XXVoid MainXX
12/8/2017 8:48am
Sound interesting but the only thing that concerns me is battery life. I think with my OCD I would have a tendency to want to connect to and use them a lot. Smile
JAFO92
12/8/2017 9:02am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2017 9:36am
Spydee wrote:
Ha I wasn't too far off then! What's the weirdest thing you've ever caught on those cameras?
Usually just wayward dogs coming passing through, sometimes our barn cats will set one off that at the carport. The one at the front gate catches hell alot because squirrels and birds set it off sometimes. Heck one time it was jackrabbits that got caught at night.

https://youtu.be/ApwDKGjxpsU

This is that storm I mentioned earlier, we were near Dallas and the radio said there were storms near our area so we cut on a few to see how bad it was, and it was pretty damn bumpy.

https://youtu.be/VHHnY0FQ6dE

This was a few days ago when some alkyd paint was sent out to me.

https://youtu.be/3Fse1Er9KAo

Spydee
12/8/2017 9:09am
Fuck me that storm looks brutal!
david225
12/8/2017 9:35am
david225 wrote:
While I am sitting here in PA with no snow on the ground.... This might be a stupid question but were those photos taken from webcams...
JAFO92 wrote:
Yessir, I have about 8 of those wireless Arlo cameras all over the place. Can be checked from any computer or smart device. You can turn...
Yessir, I have about 8 of those wireless Arlo cameras all over the place. Can be checked from any computer or smart device. You can turn 'em on whenever you want to check something, most of the time they are on a scheduler thing that turns them on when we are gone. They are motion activated and if they sense motion will start recording and the software will email and text you that something is going on so you can check. Along with the outside ones, I have one camera in the garage pointing at my dirtbikes and Ranger, one inside pointing directly at my big vintage Pioneer collection, one at my gun safes, one at the livingroom and front door from inside, etc. They detect any motion, they start recording and contact me so I can call the Sheriff Dept and then drive out to shoot the damn crook personally.

Good stuff! I am glad that you are able to use this technology effectively and keep tabs on everything remotely. I am sure it makes your life much easier and a bit less stressful.

Post a reply to: WTF !!

The Latest