WSBK 2019

Kawasaki has owned the class for 4 years. Great road bike + Good rider + the fact that they were the lone remaining factory team = domination

Now Ducati has returned with a factory effort, race bike, and MotoGP talent in Alvaro Bautista. And Ducati is dominating.

Rea / Kawi are complaining. Which is funny for its hypocrisy.

And Ducati will likely get punished with a stricter rev limit. Even tho the other Ducati riders are not doing well.

It appears Alvaro is simply way better than Rea. And he’s gonna get handicapped for it.

Who else thinks the WSBK rules are dumb?? Wrong way to solve a problem imo.
|
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/18/2019 5:30pm
There were times when I used to enjoy watching it, and the Supersports, more than the GP's.
Haven't watched for years.
BMSOBx2
3/18/2019 7:38pm
Kawasaki has owned the class for 4 years. Great road bike + Good rider + the fact that they were the lone remaining factory team =...
Kawasaki has owned the class for 4 years. Great road bike + Good rider + the fact that they were the lone remaining factory team = domination

Now Ducati has returned with a factory effort, race bike, and MotoGP talent in Alvaro Bautista. And Ducati is dominating.

And Ducati will likely get punished with a stricter rev limit. Even tho the other Ducati riders are not doing well.

It appears Alvaro is simply way better than Rea. And he’s gonna get handicapped for it.

They've been trying to kill wsbk for years. They might finally do it this year. Turn it into a spec class.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/18/2019 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2019 9:07pm
kawasaki have never been really good at phillip island like there were elsewhere, so i would remove judgement till a few more rounds, but Bautista was gone there,

3/18/2019 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2019 9:43pm
Kawasaki has owned the class for 4 years. Great road bike + Good rider + the fact that they were the lone remaining factory team =...

BMSOBx2 wrote:
They've been trying to kill wsbk for years. They might finally do it this year. Turn it into a spec class.
I’ve always hoped they'd find a way to kick out the factory teams. Let a bunch of private teams battle it out on customer bikes. I’d find that entertaining.

Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawi, Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, MV Agusta

That’s 8 mfgs that all produce competitive road bikes. 3 bikes per team/mfg.

It’s the disparity in budgets when the factories enter that cause boring racing.

MotoGP would be equally boring if not for the fact that there are 17 factory bikes on the grid. WSBK really only has 4. With the GP teams sucking up all the budgets, SBK should be left strictly to customer teams.

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/18/2019 11:12pm
What's the British Superbike scene like these days? I remember in Aus they would run them on the same weekend as the touring car series but, even that didn't work, and it was only a few years ago.

Man, this shit's making me sad.
Jrewing
3/19/2019 4:03am
Ducati have had favouritism in wsbk. Kawasaki has had an impressive team and it shows. Rules were adjusted to Slow them down and favour guess who!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/19/2019 4:10am
Jrewing wrote:
Ducati have had favouritism in wsbk. Kawasaki has had an impressive team and it shows. Rules were adjusted to Slow them down and favour guess who!
Fuck I miss the old days. You just bummed me out more.
Jrewing
3/19/2019 4:22am
Jrewing wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:
Fuck I miss the old days. You just bummed me out more.
Favourite bike is a 888 Ducati, closely followed by the rc45. Fuck,late 80’s to late 90’s in both gp’s and wsbk.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
3/19/2019 4:29am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2019 4:37am
Jrewing wrote:
Favourite bike is a 888 Ducati, closely followed by the rc45. Fuck,late 80’s to late 90’s in both gp’s and wsbk.
Good times. I was just a kid but, good fucken times.

Edit: I remember having copies of Two Wheels magazine. .. Just because I loved that shit and mum and dad would take me to the newsagents and I would just pick shit out and take it home with me lollies. Laughing
Jrewing
3/19/2019 3:15pm
Jrewing wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:
Good times. I was just a kid but, good fucken times. Edit: I remember having copies of Two Wheels magazine. .. Just because I loved that...
Good times. I was just a kid but, good fucken times.

Edit: I remember having copies of Two Wheels magazine. .. Just because I loved that shit and mum and dad would take me to the newsagents and I would just pick shit out and take it home with me lollies. Laughing
Haha. Sounds familiar.
Cool story. At early high school I’d just dream of this shot from Salzburgring GP, the riders would jump off the ripple strip over this chicane. Anyway the shot was of a train of riders from the leader to about 6th and Mat Mladin, on his Blood red Cagiva, is mid air over it. I’d just daydream looking at that picture in class. A couple of years ago, I’d be riding at Appin on Tuesdays occasionally with Mat and was telling him that story, and soon as I got my L’s I bought his replica helmet.
JPT
3/19/2019 7:57pm
So far it's 6 for 6 by Bautista. Running away and leaving Rea.
JPT
3/20/2019 7:32am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Wish Nitro would have won one *World Title... I know that's not "old school" but it's my era.
https://youtu.be/IHOVrLLm5wk
scott_nz wrote:
i would have loved to see Haga and Aaron Slight win the title,

Spies derailed Haga's last chance.
JPT
4/7/2019 12:21pm
Bautista is killing it. He didn't do squat in MotoGP so makes you wonder how Rea would really do if he made the jump.
BMSOBx2
4/8/2019 3:15pm
Batista struggles in MotoGP for 10 years on substandard equipment comes to WSBK on Factory equipment and cleans up. Much like Mercedes in Formula 1 everybody in Superbike is Racing for second. What's up with Chaz Davies? He's on the same equipment. Just shows the level of MotoGP Riders is much higher. Unfortunately this is the beginning of the end for World Superbike. Damn shame really because it used to be the best racing of all.
4/8/2019 3:42pm
Workd Superbike is pretty redundant. The efforts would be better spent in each national series to develop talent & showcase production bikes (AMA, BSB, CEV, CIV).

Does there really need to be a 2nd tier world championship when MotoGP is already so good? Kawasaki & BMW need to step their game up and join the big boys.
JPT
4/9/2019 9:39am
Workd Superbike is pretty redundant. The efforts would be better spent in each national series to develop talent & showcase production bikes (AMA, BSB, CEV, CIV)...
Workd Superbike is pretty redundant. The efforts would be better spent in each national series to develop talent & showcase production bikes (AMA, BSB, CEV, CIV).

Does there really need to be a 2nd tier world championship when MotoGP is already so good? Kawasaki & BMW need to step their game up and join the big boys.
Few years ago somebody asked me about the difference between WSBK and MotoGP. I said MotoGP is like F1, purpose built racers. WSBK is like NASCAR, somewhere there is a bike you can buy that is in someway similar. Like NASCAR that is less accurate than it once was.

How many top level WSBK guys have gone to MotoGP and tanked? Edwards was consistent but no wins. Hard to tell what Spies could have done if he stayed healthy.
jgmxdad251
4/10/2019 9:57am

You were right. They have taken 250rpm from Ducati. Do you think it will affect Bautista?
4/10/2019 9:36pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
You were right. They have taken 250rpm from Ducati. Do you think it will affect Bautista?
Nope. Not at all. Torque & traction are why the bike is so good.
JPT
5/11/2019 12:36pm
Last couple races have been pretty boring. Today was no different.
BMSOBx2
5/11/2019 1:31pm
Finally someone beat Batista and the Ducati.
Sir
5/11/2019 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2019 3:31pm
Rea showing his class and why he is a four times world champ and slaying the mighty V4 Ducati at their home track. Bautista can consider himself fortunate that Davies encountered bike trouble and retired or else it would have been a third place. A shame for Tom Sykes and BMW as he was holding onto a strong third place after Davies was out until bike trouble forced retirement for Sykes as well.

One win versus eleven so still much to overcome for Rea but it's a start and it was done in style.

PalerBlue
5/18/2019 1:55am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2019 1:56am
Donna now owns both series, so running them in competition with each other is just plain dumb.
WSBK needs (a minimum of) three things....

1. Running in the MotoGP off season. Who hasn't wanted to see some live racing over the winter?

2. Running at tracks where bikes are popular outside of Europe. Asia is a Huge market but largely untapped.

3. Run to BSB spec'. Much cheaper build costs and much closer racing = bigger fields.

Add your own 4,5 and 6s

Post a reply to: WSBK 2019

The Latest