Vuelta a España 2018...Who Will Podium?

Nighttrain
I think this year’s Tour of Spain is going to deliver some seriously entertaining Grand Tour racing. It’ll be even more ballistic than normal without Sky’s A team controlling the race. The Spaniards and Columbians will set a blistering pace on the climbs.

I was able to watch every minute of LeTour after having a hip replacement this year. I wish I was having my knee replaced at the beginning of La Vuelta so I could watch all of it, too.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/vuelta-a-espana-2018-5-key-stages/
|
Lucifa.
8/22/2018 7:24pm
Hopefully my ex team mate and good friend George Bennett will make the podium. The Vuelta suits his racing style.

If Richie Porte can stay off the deck, he'll come right in the third week.

I see Quintana and the Spaniards going full gas. Not sure what Valverde will do, he's had a big year.

Aru will make the podium if he wants to keep his job lol.
Lucifa.
8/22/2018 7:29pm
Also, watch for the Yates brothers.
51xc
8/23/2018 10:49am
nibali, simon yates, porte

Nighttrain
8/23/2018 5:54pm
Lucifa. wrote:
Hopefully my ex team mate and good friend George Bennett will make the podium. The Vuelta suits his racing style. If Richie Porte can stay off...
Hopefully my ex team mate and good friend George Bennett will make the podium. The Vuelta suits his racing style.

I see Quintana and the Spaniards going full gas. Not sure what Valverde will do, he's had a big year.

Solid write up there. Your were on a cycling team with George Bennett? He’s a hero after that hilarious “pulled a Landis” quote about Froome’s miracle Giro stage.

Steven Kruijswijk, Valverde, Lopez. Dark horse pick is Adam Yates.

The Shop

Lucifa.
8/23/2018 8:44pm
Lucifa. wrote:
Hopefully my ex team mate and good friend George Bennett will make the podium. The Vuelta suits his racing style. If Richie Porte can stay off...

Nighttrain wrote:
Solid write up there. Your were on a cycling team with George Bennett? He’s a hero after that hilarious “pulled a Landis” quote about Froome’s miracle...
Solid write up there. Your were on a cycling team with George Bennett? He’s a hero after that hilarious “pulled a Landis” quote about Froome’s miracle Giro stage.

Steven Kruijswijk, Valverde, Lopez. Dark horse pick is Adam Yates.
Yes Sir. We we're team mates for a few years before he signed with Trek-Livestrong Development in the US. He's a hard working no bullshit kind of guy that can also have a few jokes now and then.

Nighttrain
8/25/2018 5:20pm
Rohan Dennis wins the Prologue. Lucifa, Dennis is just across the creek from you in Australia. Have you ridden with Dennis? He can blaze the TT’s
Nighttrain
8/28/2018 7:23pm
American rider Ben King won the first mountain top finish of La Vuelta. That’s pretty cool.

Simon Yates is looking strong. If he or George Bennett were to win the overall then it will have been one helluva run of success for the British Commonwealth. So far the last three Grand Tours have been won by a rider from a British colony or the UK (‘17 Vuelta = Froome, ‘18 Giro = Froome, ‘18 LeTour = Thomas).

Post a reply to: Vuelta a España 2018...Who Will Podium?

The Latest