Tweaker neighbor dilemma

rongi#401
Edited Date/Time 11/20/2020 2:56pm
Ok so
The guy two houses up from us is a tweaker, he’s about 55 years old, for the past 8 years he has focused most of his attention on the neighbor between us, first he thought he was a cop, then he thought they were stealing from him, then he thought his wife was a witch and was putting spells on him, it turned into the tweaker beating the crap out of the good guy, and He doesn’t even get in trouble, they always have crack heads walking to their house, they have three motor homes in their back yard, all with tweakers living in them...so recently the neighbor moved away, today was the first day they weren’t there, and guess what, he starts yelling at my father “you mother fucker I know it was you I’ll Fucking kill you“. My dad is in no shape to be fighting and it’s already stressing him out, last week the guy was yelling over the fence at my dad also and he reported it and the guy got arrested, now he’s back and the drama picked right back up.
We reported it several times and nothing has been done, this has been going on for about ten years total. We have two houses on one lot, my dad and his girlfriend live in the front house, me and my girlfriend and your two dogs live in the back house. She’s often home alone, I do own a gun and she knows how to use it, but what else can we do? The guy owns his house outright, we also own ours. what has to happen to get him to get locked up in the looney bin or do some real hard time? I’m worried that it will end in me having to shoot him in self defense. Has anyone dealt with this type of situation?
What concerns me is the guy has a lot of money and some real scummy people hang around with him, and with him hallucinating who knows what he may conjure up in his head and what he may be telling equally crazy people.
Poll

What would you do

Choices
|
SEEMEFIRST
9/24/2020 12:03am
I'm having similar issues.
I thought I was friends with "Dick", (Richard) but he's got it in for my wife.
If I'm there, all is well, if I'm away, shit goes south.

Now he's apparently fucking with the best dog I have, and she's afraid to go into the backyard.

I'd shoot his little yappers if I didn't care for the lady.

I don't want this to turn into a made for TV movie, but it's coming.
rongi#401
9/24/2020 12:06am
I’m more worried he’s going to freak out and break in and try to kill someone
rongi#401
9/24/2020 12:09am
Also sometimes my dogs act really weird and I’m worried he might be poisoning them, we always find golf balls in our yard and one day me and a few friends were hanging out in the yard and BANG a golf ball hits the roof of our 1970 vw bus, and the neighbor 1 up from us has told me that the tweaker throws golf balls into his yard also, like what if I had a child and it got hit in the head with a fucking golf ball

The Shop

MXant15
Fantasy
802nd
9/24/2020 1:05am
You need to decide what course of action you’re going to take to handle this neighbor. Either you call the cops and have him arrested for every threat or criminal acts he commits, and you look into possibly getting a protection order against him, which is what you probably should do. or... please don’t take this route.. but you confront his ass and get him squared away. Just saying
SEEMEFIRST
9/24/2020 1:43am
I'm having similar issues.
I thought I was friends with "Dick", (Richard) but he's got it in for my wife.
If I'm there, all is well, if I'm away, shit goes south.

Now he's apparently fucking with the best dog I have, and she's afraid to go into the backyard.

I'd shoot his little yappers if I didn't care for the lady.

I don't want this to turn into a made for TV movie, but it's coming.
SEEMEFIRST
9/24/2020 2:04am
My neighbor thinks he owns the easement between the street and his house.
If he thinks I put my trash for pick up across his "property line" he'll throw it into the street if I'm not there..

When I needed to replace the fence, I asked them if they would split material costs, and I do all the work. "No, I don't need a fence" was his answer.

OK. You have 2 or 3 little white yappers, I have a big lab cow dog mix, and a big German shepherd. You sure?

Yes.

I replace the fence after he "repaired a hole" with 3-1/2" screws that mangled one of the dogs faces.

Then he went and drew on the fence where he thought the property line is.

Then, while I was gone fishing with a friend in Florida, we were having the floors done.
The floor guys inadvertently crossed the imaginary line that doesn't exist and he threw all the old carpet into the street because we were disrespecting him.

I'm about to show him about respect.
ns503
9/24/2020 4:04am
Have you had a discussion with the guy? It is impossible to predict reactions sometimes. But maybe if you laid things out in plain language for him, in as a respectable way as possible (likely very hard to do), he'd pull back. If not, I would either move the hell out of there, or constantly be on the cops at everything that happened. And video everything. I can't see things going well just carrying on as-is, sounds like he will just keep escalating.

I am some glad sometimes I don't have any close neighbours.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
9/24/2020 4:42am
The guy has a lot of money? You livin next to the worlds first successful tweeker?
9/24/2020 4:50am
Go buy heroin. Plant it on his property. Call the cops. System will do the rest.

(Don’t do this)
SEE ARE125
9/24/2020 4:56am
I’ve had similar issues with neighbors. They’re like the bully in grade school, if you stand up to them and tell them “this is how it’s gonna be” they’ll back down and go find someone else to fuck with. They want an easy target. Drugs change the situation though, because they aren’t thinking straight.

When we first moved in our current house, I had a neighbor constantly arguing about property lines, so I got a survey done. I ended up getting 40ft in his direction from where he said the line was. He was PISSED and was using a print out of Google maps satellite view to argue with my survey. He ended the conversation with “If bullets start flying by your head, I’m probably just shooting at a deer.” I responded with “If bigger, faster bullets start coming in your direction, I’m probably trying to shoot the same deer.” He went back home and I haven’t had a problem since. Sometimes you just have to make it clear you aren’t taking any of their bullshit.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/24/2020 5:28am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2020 5:33am
rongi#401 wrote:
Ok so The guy two houses up from us is a tweaker, he’s about 55 years old, for the past 8 years he has focused most...
Ok so
The guy two houses up from us is a tweaker, he’s about 55 years old, for the past 8 years he has focused most of his attention on the neighbor between us, first he thought he was a cop, then he thought they were stealing from him, then he thought his wife was a witch and was putting spells on him, it turned into the tweaker beating the crap out of the good guy, and He doesn’t even get in trouble, they always have crack heads walking to their house, they have three motor homes in their back yard, all with tweakers living in them...so recently the neighbor moved away, today was the first day they weren’t there, and guess what, he starts yelling at my father “you mother fucker I know it was you I’ll Fucking kill you“. My dad is in no shape to be fighting and it’s already stressing him out, last week the guy was yelling over the fence at my dad also and he reported it and the guy got arrested, now he’s back and the drama picked right back up.
We reported it several times and nothing has been done, this has been going on for about ten years total. We have two houses on one lot, my dad and his girlfriend live in the front house, me and my girlfriend and your two dogs live in the back house. She’s often home alone, I do own a gun and she knows how to use it, but what else can we do? The guy owns his house outright, we also own ours. what has to happen to get him to get locked up in the looney bin or do some real hard time? I’m worried that it will end in me having to shoot him in self defense. Has anyone dealt with this type of situation?
What concerns me is the guy has a lot of money and some real scummy people hang around with him, and with him hallucinating who knows what he may conjure up in his head and what he may be telling equally crazy people.
Here in Africa we would don balaclavas and visit him late one night....you know, break him (his arms and legs only) properly until he shits himself. It works.

Ps.
9/24/2020 5:50am
rongi#401 wrote:
Ok so The guy two houses up from us is a tweaker, he’s about 55 years old, for the past 8 years he has focused most...
Ok so
Boomslang wrote:
Here in Africa we would don balaclavas and visit him late one night....you know, break him (his arms and legs only) properly until he shits himself...
Here in Africa we would don balaclavas and visit him late one night....you know, break him (his arms and legs only) properly until he shits himself. It works.

Ps.
This^^^
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/24/2020 6:01am
I've heard .308 is good for taking down deer.
Motox627!
9/24/2020 6:52am
Go to Goodwill and buy every piece of electrical equipment or appliance type items they have and place them in his yard.. He'll be so busy taking that shit apart, he wont have time to fuck with you anymore..... Smile

Or take Boomslang's advice....
rongi#401
9/24/2020 7:05am
Ok guys so he’s a native so he gets an absurd amount of money I’ve heard (small town). And there is zero talking with this guy, he’s hallucinating on meth for Christs sake
7I3N
9/24/2020 7:06am
rongi#401 wrote:
Ok so
I’ve been there. Used to live directly across the street from a tweaker that was dealing. If your tweaker has money, he’s dealing. Here’s what we did. We started paying really close attention to what went on over there. We figured out when he was open for business and when he wasn’t. The open sign was the porch light. Lots of cars would drive by slowly. When the porch light was off, they wouldn’t stop. If the porch light was on they would stop and go in, and come out five minutes later saying “thanks man.” When the light went off, within a day of two a sketchy looking dude in a Cadillac would roll up, take a box out of the trunk and go in. After he left the porch light would go back on and the cars would start stopping again. We gave this info to the local narcotics task force and in about a month there was a big raid and shootout over there. A couple of months later the house went up for sale. Problem solved. I wish you luck!
rongi#401
9/24/2020 7:09am
rongi#401 wrote:
Ok so
7I3N wrote:
I’ve been there. Used to live directly across the street from a tweaker that was dealing. If your tweaker has money, he’s dealing. Here’s what we...
I’ve been there. Used to live directly across the street from a tweaker that was dealing. If your tweaker has money, he’s dealing. Here’s what we did. We started paying really close attention to what went on over there. We figured out when he was open for business and when he wasn’t. The open sign was the porch light. Lots of cars would drive by slowly. When the porch light was off, they wouldn’t stop. If the porch light was on they would stop and go in, and come out five minutes later saying “thanks man.” When the light went off, within a day of two a sketchy looking dude in a Cadillac would roll up, take a box out of the trunk and go in. After he left the porch light would go back on and the cars would start stopping again. We gave this info to the local narcotics task force and in about a month there was a big raid and shootout over there. A couple of months later the house went up for sale. Problem solved. I wish you luck!
This is a good option, I’m going to delete this thread because I’m a previous thread I made about a boat, word got to the source pretty fast via the grapevine
OG725
9/24/2020 7:13am
Recently, had a situation with the neighborhood tweaker bully. We'll call him "Brett Cahill", lived three houses down. His main stressor seemed to be people parking on the public street in front of his house. I've only lived here a year, but my girlfriend had told me about incidents with this guy. Girlfriend's daughter had a friend over and she parked down the street as we live on a turn on the street. 6'3" 245 lb Brett Cahill decided to threaten a 20 year old female.

Since the lockdown started, we'd seen the Police at his house on five different occasions, everything from wife beating, resisting arrest, to punching the pizza delivery guy that brought the wrong pizza.

I'll admit that I knew it was just a matter of time until Brett and myself had a confrontation. Wasn't going to bait the guy, but I wasn't going to show him an inch of mercy when he came at me. Mr. Cahill chose Saturday evening, August 1, 2020.

Sun set, sitting on the couch watching the tube. Stacey's son came home and said are neighbors are fighting, there's a bunch of screaming going on outside. So, I got up and walked in to the garage to get a view of the neighborhood. Of course I was surveying towards Brett's house, experience told me that was potentially where the conflict was happening. There's the commotion and here comes Cahill down his driveway with the recycle can being drug behind him, quite angrily. He places it behind the convertible Camaro that is parked in the street. Notice it already has a trash can in front of it. Brett then walks to the side, picks up a landscape rock and puts it in the passenger seat. In his guilt, he looks around the neighborhood to see me watching him. "IS THIS YOU'RE HOMOSEXUAL CAR"? I raised up my hands and said, "What are you talking about"? He started charging at me, "YOU WANT SOME FUCKING SHIT"? "OK" and I removed my new O'Neill shirt as I didn't want to rip it in combat. Mr. Cahill is in my yard at this point, my girlfriend is pushing me in the house, as Brett Cahill stands at my garage threatening me, I told him, "Hold on, let me get my shoes". "GO GET YOUR SHOES YOU FUCKING PUNK BITCH". Then he came to the front door and was screaming at Stacey as I put on my shoes. While I put my Vans on, looked over at my EDC sitting on the nightstand and decided, "Nah, I won't need that".

Walked out of my house and Brett had returned to his house, but on seeing me exit my house, he started his theatrics again. Told him in a firm but calm voice, "Meet me in the street". Getting to the center of the street, I assumed a Self Defense position and looked in Cahill's direction. Here he came at a full run towards me, jumps up as he gets to me to deliver a Superman punch. Slight duck and the blow grazes the side of my head. Dumbass is moving so fast he runs past me, as I've got to turn around to engage him. He's turning back to the right as I deliver a World Class right hand to his temple, sweep him to the ground, assume full mount and GROUND AND POUND!

Tweaker wouldn't concede defeat, reigning blows and this guy just keeps trying to get back up. He'd lose conscious and come right back, like nothing ever seen, six or seven times. To the point my hands and forearms, hurt. Got up finally, went to my yard and sat on the sidewalk waiting for the police to arrive.

First thing the cop's said when the pulled up, "He deserved it".

If you're interested, I'll send you the Police Report with pictures.

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/24/2020 7:20am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2020 7:28am
I have a school of 100 plus pet sharks that visit me offshore for 30 years. Lots of really big ones are there every time, its amazing. Does he like to fish? We could be friends for a half day. Lol
Sucks man. When I was in my late teens, I would handle situations like that immediately and some one would learn to respect other humans. The cops were always cool if the right person got their ass kicked back then. They would say justice served. That's why there was so much less crime back then. Now they usually take all involved to jail and let courts figure it out and now courts lean towards the criminals side more so it is a tough situation for the good honest people these days.
rongi#401
9/24/2020 7:33am
OG725 wrote:
Recently, had a situation with the neighborhood tweaker bully. We'll call him "Brett Cahill", lived three houses down. His main stressor seemed to be people parking...
Recently, had a situation with the neighborhood tweaker bully. We'll call him "Brett Cahill", lived three houses down. His main stressor seemed to be people parking on the public street in front of his house. I've only lived here a year, but my girlfriend had told me about incidents with this guy. Girlfriend's daughter had a friend over and she parked down the street as we live on a turn on the street. 6'3" 245 lb Brett Cahill decided to threaten a 20 year old female.

Since the lockdown started, we'd seen the Police at his house on five different occasions, everything from wife beating, resisting arrest, to punching the pizza delivery guy that brought the wrong pizza.

I'll admit that I knew it was just a matter of time until Brett and myself had a confrontation. Wasn't going to bait the guy, but I wasn't going to show him an inch of mercy when he came at me. Mr. Cahill chose Saturday evening, August 1, 2020.

Sun set, sitting on the couch watching the tube. Stacey's son came home and said are neighbors are fighting, there's a bunch of screaming going on outside. So, I got up and walked in to the garage to get a view of the neighborhood. Of course I was surveying towards Brett's house, experience told me that was potentially where the conflict was happening. There's the commotion and here comes Cahill down his driveway with the recycle can being drug behind him, quite angrily. He places it behind the convertible Camaro that is parked in the street. Notice it already has a trash can in front of it. Brett then walks to the side, picks up a landscape rock and puts it in the passenger seat. In his guilt, he looks around the neighborhood to see me watching him. "IS THIS YOU'RE HOMOSEXUAL CAR"? I raised up my hands and said, "What are you talking about"? He started charging at me, "YOU WANT SOME FUCKING SHIT"? "OK" and I removed my new O'Neill shirt as I didn't want to rip it in combat. Mr. Cahill is in my yard at this point, my girlfriend is pushing me in the house, as Brett Cahill stands at my garage threatening me, I told him, "Hold on, let me get my shoes". "GO GET YOUR SHOES YOU FUCKING PUNK BITCH". Then he came to the front door and was screaming at Stacey as I put on my shoes. While I put my Vans on, looked over at my EDC sitting on the nightstand and decided, "Nah, I won't need that".

Walked out of my house and Brett had returned to his house, but on seeing me exit my house, he started his theatrics again. Told him in a firm but calm voice, "Meet me in the street". Getting to the center of the street, I assumed a Self Defense position and looked in Cahill's direction. Here he came at a full run towards me, jumps up as he gets to me to deliver a Superman punch. Slight duck and the blow grazes the side of my head. Dumbass is moving so fast he runs past me, as I've got to turn around to engage him. He's turning back to the right as I deliver a World Class right hand to his temple, sweep him to the ground, assume full mount and GROUND AND POUND!

Tweaker wouldn't concede defeat, reigning blows and this guy just keeps trying to get back up. He'd lose conscious and come right back, like nothing ever seen, six or seven times. To the point my hands and forearms, hurt. Got up finally, went to my yard and sat on the sidewalk waiting for the police to arrive.

First thing the cop's said when the pulled up, "He deserved it".

If you're interested, I'll send you the Police Report with pictures.

My issue w that route is one wrong move and I’m hamburger, and I have a long history of concussions and just am not going to resort to physical contest with insanity
rongi#401
9/24/2020 7:34am
Not that I can’t hold my own I’m 30, 6’, 175 and in racing shape and have wrestled and boxed often growing up
OG725
9/24/2020 7:36am
rongi#401 wrote:
My issue w that route is one wrong move and I’m hamburger, and I have a long history of concussions and just am not going to...
My issue w that route is one wrong move and I’m hamburger, and I have a long history of concussions and just am not going to resort to physical contest with insanity
I'll be quite honest with you, don't know if I would do it again. Honestly, knowing the Texas Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws now, I should have just shot him.
rongi#401
9/24/2020 7:42am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2020 7:43am
rongi#401 wrote:
My issue w that route is one wrong move and I’m hamburger, and I have a long history of concussions and just am not going to...
OG725 wrote:
I'll be quite honest with you, don't know if I would do it again. Honestly, knowing the Texas Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws now...
I'll be quite honest with you, don't know if I would do it again. Honestly, knowing the Texas Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws now, I should have just shot him.
I‘ll be looking into all details because if he comes on my property it’s a wrap. I’ll be filming him any time he does anyyyything
OG725
9/24/2020 7:44am
rongi#401 wrote:
I‘ll be looking into all details because if he comes on my property it’s a wrap. I’ll be filming him any time he does anyyyything
Do your research. Make sure you know what the law says and stick to it. The local police told me I was more than prudent, took too many steps to insure I was lawful. Was afraid that when I went back in my house that I screwed up going back out, "You have no obligation to retreat".
OG725
9/24/2020 7:47am
rongi#401 wrote:
We had no film and I'd suggest you don't either. Look at what film does to the Police. I look at video and wonder why they didn't shoot the guy five minutes earlier, yet the public and media paints it as some travesty of justice. Film can be exculpatory or it can help convict you. I'd advise against video.
9/24/2020 7:51am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2020 8:46am
Call the police about him acting irrationally, and say that you're concerned for his safety. If he makes any kind of threat towards you or himself he can get brought in on a psych hold. Also, talk to a realtor. It's a sellers market right now.

Post a reply to: Tweaker neighbor dilemma

The Latest