Usyk vs AJ II

Edited Date/Time 8/21/2022 7:11pm
Not sure how many boxing fans we have in the house over here at Vital, but I for one am super excited by this weeks heavyweight clash in Saudi! I actually went to the first one in London last year and it was electric.

Team Usyk all the way!
|
jemcee
8/15/2022 2:54am
I'm one (boxing fan that is) I'm torn here as Usyk is probably my favourite fighter "I'm feel" haha but I hate all the bullshit hate AJ gets and would like to see him get a win and fight Fury..

I don't think Fury wants anything to do with Usyk
8/15/2022 3:06am
I was torn for the first fight for sure. It was like 2 of my mates were going to fight haha. But as soon as that bell went I was all in on Usyk. This time around it isn't even close. I want this era to be the era we look back on and say we witnessed a cruiserweight conquer giants. And I think Usyk will stop him this time around too.

As for AJ, where does he go if he loses again? He's just signed that massive deal with DAZN, which to me was a big mistake as no boxer signed with any other promotion is going to want to fight on it, and DAZN certainly won't allow him to fight off their platform twice in a row. Even if he wins he'll struggle to get the Fury fight imo. He should of stayed with Sky, at least for another couple fights.
jemcee
8/15/2022 3:36am
Yeah I mean if AJ gives him the 'second Ruiz fight' treatment maybe he'll do enough.. MAYBE haha but yeah Usyk is just so good!
I'm not sure hey.. It sucks that any loss is so frowned upon cause to lose twice to a massive genius shouldn't ruin him especially considering it's his what 23rd fight or something.. but I can see why people will lose interest in his fights if/when he loses..
I fucken hate all the broadcast deals!! But I'd be pretty happy getting 100 million haha.. I got so excited when DAZN became available in Australia but I can't help but feel a little shafted now as I haven't watched a fight on there for months but luckily get one almost every week from either the UK or US on my paytv setup

If they get around all the bullshit I guess there's the Joe Joyce's and Hrgovic's to fight and they'd get my interest..

The Shop

8/15/2022 4:37am
I totally agree it shouldn't ruin him, but AJ attracts such a casual audience it'll be hard to keep the interest up with all those fans. Especially on an app you already have to pay monthly for, not including the extra ppv cost..!
The Hrgovic fight does make a lot sense if he loses though.
I thought maybe he would rematch Whyte, both coming off loses, it's an easy sell, must win kind of deal, but it looks like Whyte is chasing Dubois for the micky mouse belt.
jemcee
8/15/2022 5:09am
I spoke too soon and just saw that AJ Usyk is free on DAZN here haha I was thinking it was gonna be PPV on Main Event which works out to be $60ish which I pay for the big shows but I get the shits when I do haha

I'm a fan of Whyte as well but holy shit that Fury fight was a disappointing performance haha I haven't really seen anything interesting about Dubois..
I'd say the Whyte AJ is always gonna be of interest to fight fans as long as they continue to hate each other haha
8/15/2022 8:35am
Dubois vs Whyte could actually be really entertaining. They're both a bit wild. I think whoever landed first could win. And yeah, I also went to Wembley for Fury Whyte and was massively disappointed. I thought Fury would win but not that easily.

$60 is a shit load though for a PPV! For us it's £27 which I think is fair. Most people will just stream it anyway.

I'm curious as to how much bigger Usyk will be. There was a tweet put out last week that he's a full stone heavier than the last fight. Be interesting to see how that effects his movement. His footwork is what makes him who he is.. He must feel he learnt enough from the first fight to get away with it this time around..
jemcee
8/15/2022 6:53pm
Man I'm pretty bloody jealous you get to go to the massive fights 90+ thousand brits singing Sweet Caroline is always good atmosphere haha

Yes it is a shitload haha but I do like the assurance it will be what and where it will be and plus I can record it and watch it when I wake up as they're usually on at like 2 or 3am, but that said I would be much happier if they were $30 haha

They even try to make people pay that for the ' local' fights and ex footballers havin a scrap, They don't get my money for that shit.. I mean yeah the Tim Tszyu fights were interesting cause of his potential future but they want you to pay it for his little brother Nikita who headlines shows and he's only had 4 or 5 fights haha..

I have seen pictures of him now and he looks quite a bit bigger than I remember, mostly around the trunk but it could've just been the pic.. Yeah I wouldn't think he'd wanna be too heavy but they know more than me.. Obviously these giants aren't quite as slick as the cruiser's haha.. Maybe if he was heavier he would've got him out of there in the 12th haha
8/15/2022 10:37pm
I put money on Usyk to win between 10 - 12 in the first fight. Another 30 seconds I would of had it I reckon. This time I reckon Usyk between 7 - 9.

It's crazy they expect everything to be ppv over there. How they meant to get new fans interested with that logic?
jemcee
8/16/2022 1:34am
30 secs?? I'd say 10 more like haha

Yeah good shout, I'd say Joshua Early (doubtful) or Usyk somewhere in the second half (likely) That sort of vagueness is why I don't bet haha.. Can't see it going 12 cause I reckon Joshua will need to get desperate late and Usyk is easily slick enough to catch him..

I'll just be happy if they both perform well..

Yeah it's nuts! I can't really imagine many people pay for it either, especially the level of the ex league players fights..
I guess trying to bank on our old grudges haha An ex league dude Paul Gallen (who knocked out Lucas Brown in the first round) is gonna be fighting 2 other ex league guys on the same night! Shit is ridiculous haha
8/16/2022 8:53am
I've actually seen that advertised, the dude fighting 2 blokes in 1 night lol what if he gets sparked out in the first fight? Grinning
Agree about it not going 12. AJ will go out on his shield this time around, or as you say, Usyk gets knocked out early. I just hope there is no dodgy decision. That's my worry. I'll be gutted if either win via a shit decision to be honest.

Hopefully soon we get the Spence/Bud announcement! That is THE fight right there!
jemcee
8/16/2022 7:05pm
Oh the other two are fucken terrible so I'd be surprised if that happens haha

Oh I'm pretty confident a boxing match won't end with questionable judges scores.. naaah haha

Man all those little boys are annoying me.. Just bloody fight would ya?? haha All the instagram and twitter wars and shit
I swear that Crawford has had a personality transplant as well, when he fought Horn I remember thinking he was a classless prick (not just cause he handled Horn easy and I'm an Aussie haha, I was never really a believer of Horn) but now he seems completely different..
8/19/2022 11:44am
Usyk same weight as last time then and AJ slightly heavier. Surprised about that. Heard a rumour that Usyk was hurt in sparring to the body too. I am not confident right now lol.
jemcee
8/19/2022 5:49pm
Only just watching it now and was also surprised..
I saw an interview with AJ a while ago where he said in the first fight, he didn't really wanna just go in and try to knock him out and was trying to show he could box as well as Usyk and that was a mistake (Uuuh Yah!! haha) Dunno if I completely believe him but it seems he's not gonna try that this time haha..

Oh really? I hope it's not true.. I also just saw a title on a youtube vid with with wanker Gareth Davies that said AJ and Garcia haven't been seeing eye to eye as well but I don't particularly wanna watch it to see what he says exactly haha..

Oh just FYI I won't be watching it til maybe tomorrow arvo whivh is killin me haha so I know it'll be hard but you'll have to wait to hear my expert opinion and run down of events haha
jemcee
8/20/2022 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2022 11:34pm
Well it was definitely closer than the first fight haha.. There was just an inevitability half way through wasn't there?!

The Zhang Hrgovic fight was great too! Edit: Should mention I was completely surprised by Zhang! The last few fights I've seen of his he was almost falling over exhausted after the second round haha (but they said something about him having a medical issue in those)
Mucktub
8/21/2022 1:49am
You're right, the Zhang Hrgovic bout was a slug fest, I don't recall seeing the fighters hit each with the same shot/force at the same time so many times. Zhang had it until the last few rounds and after that Hrgovic just did enough to be on top but it could have gone to either guy.

As for AJ Usyk, it was very close, AJ had a few moments where he definitely rattled Usyk, but he is so good at movement and evading an onslaught after he has taken a good hit that AJ couldn't follow it up and finish the job.

Honest question, is God all about helping someone win a fight against a non evil opponent to win $millions? I find the whole God thing quite a selfish idea in this environment. Flame away.
jemcee
8/21/2022 2:27am
Mucktub wrote:
You're right, the Zhang Hrgovic bout was a slug fest, I don't recall seeing the fighters hit each with the same shot/force at the same time...
You're right, the Zhang Hrgovic bout was a slug fest, I don't recall seeing the fighters hit each with the same shot/force at the same time so many times. Zhang had it until the last few rounds and after that Hrgovic just did enough to be on top but it could have gone to either guy.

As for AJ Usyk, it was very close, AJ had a few moments where he definitely rattled Usyk, but he is so good at movement and evading an onslaught after he has taken a good hit that AJ couldn't follow it up and finish the job.

Honest question, is God all about helping someone win a fight against a non evil opponent to win $millions? I find the whole God thing quite a selfish idea in this environment. Flame away.
Haha I hope ya not expecting me to explain the God thing.. Cause I have no idea haha

Yeah that head movement would be so hard to build a rhythm against.. It's never where it was haha

But yeah was pretty close to all over in 9 but that rally by Usyk in 10-11-12 was amazing
jemcee
8/21/2022 2:44am
Also I think we saw why you shouldn't give an emotional, frustrated and concussed person a microphone haha

Far from his greatest moment haha but I'm prepared to give him a pass cause geez he must feel the pressure..
Mucktub
8/21/2022 2:59am
Yeah, he definitely didn't do himself any favours throwing the belts down and stomping off like a twatty toddler, but he showed respect to Usyk while on the mic, I reckon he was frustrated because he had a plan and I think stuck to it with great composure and it still didn't work, but if you're gonna win a word championship you need to do it rather convincingly otherwise you will always get the nay sayers chelping.
Mucktub
8/21/2022 3:01am
Usyk seemed confident of Fury being the next opponent. I'm not a big fan of the current trend of rematches so fingers crossed for that.
jemcee
8/21/2022 3:08am
Mucktub wrote:
Usyk seemed confident of Fury being the next opponent. I'm not a big fan of the current trend of rematches so fingers crossed for that.
Yeah I'm fairly certain there's no other rematch's due for these two..
I will be surprised if Fury comes out of his 'retirement' to fight Usyk, he definitely should if he's gonna continue to chirp from the sidelines though.. Maybe if he gets paid his half a billion, or if he fights for free, or if he fights Chisora haha

Mucktub
8/21/2022 3:22am
Money talks even to those who've already got plenty. Shit talking also gets these guys fired up and Fury seems to thrive on that. So let's start slinging shit to get this happening. Be a David and Goliath type of match up but I'm sure it would be good to see.

It's funny, it seems through my years of taking notice of boxing, late 80's onwards, that American heavyweights in particular dominated, where are they now? I can't believe they don't have contenders other than Wilder.
jemcee
8/21/2022 3:44am
Yeah that's definitely true but I do get frustrated at Fury contradicting himself every time he opens his mouth haha "I'm a fightin man money means nothing to me... I'm only gonna fight if I get paid" haha

Yeah it is strange they don't even seem to have any promising heavyweights either, oh I think there was a younger one makin noise a few months ago but I can't remember his name
8/21/2022 5:09am
Mucktub wrote:
Yeah, he definitely didn't do himself any favours throwing the belts down and stomping off like a twatty toddler, but he showed respect to Usyk while...
Yeah, he definitely didn't do himself any favours throwing the belts down and stomping off like a twatty toddler, but he showed respect to Usyk while on the mic, I reckon he was frustrated because he had a plan and I think stuck to it with great composure and it still didn't work, but if you're gonna win a word championship you need to do it rather convincingly otherwise you will always get the nay sayers chelping.
He should of stayed composed and not try to kill Usyk in the 9th and he probably would of won imo. As soon as Usyk survived the 9th I turned to my mate and said that's AJ done now. Then Usyk bit down and went to work. Cracking fight. AJ earned a lot of respect only to lose it all immediately after with his cry baby antics. Shame but hey ho.

On to the undisputed fight then.

As for America, yeah it's a bit thin right now with heavyweights huh.. That Jared Anderson is meant to be the next big thing. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. I think Wilder only has a few fights left in him. How many boxers come back from 2 devastating loses to have another run at the top? The blue print to beating him is there now for all to see.

And Fury is a jerk off. I'm so over his bollocks. He had the nerve to slag off last nights fight, but last nights fight had more action in 1 round than all 12 rounds he had against Klitschko. Even the last Wilder fight was a hug fest for the most part. Dramatic first time around when you watched it live, but watch it back knowing what happens and it's just 2 pricks holding each other. The fight had no rhythm whatsoever. Nah, not a fan of him at all.
Mucktub
8/21/2022 7:09am
Have you heard Fury's account of the fight? Basically saying it was the worse heavy weight fight he's ever seen and he would be willing to annihilate both of them on the same night.

What a character.

It's then been reported that one of Tyson Fury's cousins has been murdered in a stabbing in the early hours of this morning.
jemcee
8/21/2022 7:11pm
He should of stayed composed and not try to kill Usyk in the 9th and he probably would of won imo. As soon as Usyk survived...
He should of stayed composed and not try to kill Usyk in the 9th and he probably would of won imo. As soon as Usyk survived the 9th I turned to my mate and said that's AJ done now. Then Usyk bit down and went to work. Cracking fight. AJ earned a lot of respect only to lose it all immediately after with his cry baby antics. Shame but hey ho.

On to the undisputed fight then.

As for America, yeah it's a bit thin right now with heavyweights huh.. That Jared Anderson is meant to be the next big thing. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. I think Wilder only has a few fights left in him. How many boxers come back from 2 devastating loses to have another run at the top? The blue print to beating him is there now for all to see.

And Fury is a jerk off. I'm so over his bollocks. He had the nerve to slag off last nights fight, but last nights fight had more action in 1 round than all 12 rounds he had against Klitschko. Even the last Wilder fight was a hug fest for the most part. Dramatic first time around when you watched it live, but watch it back knowing what happens and it's just 2 pricks holding each other. The fight had no rhythm whatsoever. Nah, not a fan of him at all.
I've heard people describe the third Fury Wilder fight as the best heavyweight fight in history haha
Exciting? Sure, cause either could've won but 'great' not so much (IMO)

It's funny to me to see people writing AJ off due to his behavior after the fight and sure it was fucken terrible, but they're probably the same people praising Fury for coming back from his 'mental problems'.. I'd say we were witnessing a man going through and not dealing with mental problems and ones I hope he can get a handle on!
I've seen bullshit on the net where 'news outlets' are misquoting him and putting their own spin on shit as if it's fact..
It was bad enough with out making shit up.. It was an out and out breakdown as was the tears in the post fight presser!
Hopefully it was just a release of pressure and he can move on to whatever his next fight will be

Post a reply to: Usyk vs AJ II

The Latest