Uproar over Phelps vs shark...... duh

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2017 7:58 AM

These people are upset he wasn't racing besides a real shark in open water.

Really?

Poor saps "wasted" an hour of their lives....... no much lost if they really believed that is what was going to happen..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/07/24/michael-phelps-didnt-actually-race-a-real-shark-on-tv-and-viewers-arent-happy/?utm_term=.2e62b7a52f3e

|

7/24/2017 8:04 AM

To me it's more of an uproar that people are actually stupid enough to think Phelps was going to line up next to a real great white shark and race it.

|

7/24/2017 9:24 AM

I watched about 4 minutes of it and flipped the channel.

|

7/24/2017 9:44 AM

they couldn't even have a real shark in jaws ... so how are they were suppose to have a real one racing?

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/24/2017 9:56 AM

You now understand why the Kardashians, and reality TV in general, are so popular.

|

7/24/2017 10:11 AM

agn5009 wrote:

To me it's more of an uproar that people are actually stupid enough to think Phelps was going to line up next to a real great white shark and race it.

It would make a good Red Bull New Years Eve stunt. Probably bring in more PPV $$$ than McGregor vs Mayweather.

|

7/24/2017 10:38 AM

Gotta love advertising.

|

7/24/2017 10:44 AM

Anyone remember the live opening of Al Capone's vault ? Now that was the biggest live TV bust ever.

|

Ed Johnson

7/24/2017 10:56 AM

That's one of the big reasons I got out of advertising; got tired of finding creative ways to lie to people.

Granted at the agency I worked at we very rarely dipped into that pool we often had clients pushing us towards it and it got really old quick. That said – it works. You have a lot of angry people afterwards but the rate in which our society forgets shit and moves onto something else to be angry at they will quickly return for the next hyped event. All the agencies know this and more times than not the backlash is worth the hype for advertisers.

|

7/24/2017 12:34 PM

Here is how all advertising should be.

|

7/25/2017 6:44 AM

People believe what they see on tv?

|

7/26/2017 5:15 PM

dsmith wrote:

they couldn't even have a real shark in jaws ... so how are they were suppose to have a real one racing?

I think the real problem here is with the shark itself.......sharks are generally terrible at taking direction......its like all they live for is to eat, and make little sharks, and being at the top of the oceans food chain.

Most sharks I've seen don't seem to give a fuck.

|

7/26/2017 7:40 PM

I would think getting a shark, like a Great White, to take any direction would be a monumental task. Especially since a Great White can't stop moving to take any direction.

Having a race (swimming) with a shark and any human is as ludicrous as getting any shark to foot race a toddler.

But I'm a moran, so what do I know?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!