Up or down

Deja New
1/16/2020 1:32pm
How do you thumb a post when you want to show support, but the post has some not so nice things? Like someone got hurt or the bushfire threads where guys lost everything.

Seems a thumbs up is like kick in the arse saying it’s cool what happened and a thumbs down, well it’s a thumbs down.

What do you guys do?
|
kongols
1/16/2020 1:36pm
Don`t bother doing any of it. I guess I`mm not hip.
SEE ARE125
1/16/2020 3:34pm
I dunno. I wanted to thumbs up Mav’s pic of the kangaroo in the bush fire because it was a cool shot, but at the same time it’s a shitty situation so I just didn’t do anything. lol
Deja New
1/16/2020 4:26pm
See are mate that’s the exact kinda post I was talking about.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/16/2020 4:37pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I dunno. I wanted to thumbs up Mav’s pic of the kangaroo in the bush fire because it was a cool shot, but at the same...
I dunno. I wanted to thumbs up Mav’s pic of the kangaroo in the bush fire because it was a cool shot, but at the same time it’s a shitty situation so I just didn’t do anything. lol
Well, I did caption it as Fucking Sad! So a thumbs up would agree with that statement.

Like if someone gets hurt or passes away, I usually put a thumbs down because it sucks. I feel like giving those a thumbs up would send a different message. Unless of course there's a get well soon or RIP attached to it.

All depends on the context. If I'm not sure, I just leave it.

The thumbs down sometimes gets a bad rap when it should be a positive thing.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/16/2020 5:07pm
I wouldn't worry about it so much.

I generally use a thumbs up as a nod to something I agree with, or a better-than-average post, and the inverse for the "other" posts.

But I don't think anyone needs to live or die by their thumbs ups or downs.
SEE ARE125
1/16/2020 5:43pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I dunno. I wanted to thumbs up Mav’s pic of the kangaroo in the bush fire because it was a cool shot, but at the same...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well, I did caption it as Fucking Sad! So a thumbs up would agree with that statement. Like if someone gets hurt or passes away, I...
Well, I did caption it as Fucking Sad! So a thumbs up would agree with that statement.

Like if someone gets hurt or passes away, I usually put a thumbs down because it sucks. I feel like giving those a thumbs up would send a different message. Unless of course there's a get well soon or RIP attached to it.

All depends on the context. If I'm not sure, I just leave it.

The thumbs down sometimes gets a bad rap when it should be a positive thing.
Yeah I agreed with the caption, but something about clicking the thumbs up made me feel as if I was “liking” the bush fires. lol Either way, it was a cool, yet very sad, photo.
hillbilly
1/16/2020 5:57pm
I use my thumbs to grip things,like jars

Nero used his for stuff to
Deja New
1/16/2020 6:35pm
GuyB wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it so much. I generally use a thumbs up as a nod to something I agree with, or a better-than-average post, and...
I wouldn't worry about it so much.

I generally use a thumbs up as a nod to something I agree with, or a better-than-average post, and the inverse for the "other" posts.

But I don't think anyone needs to live or die by their thumbs ups or downs.
True but on some I think it’s nice to show support little things can go along way.

Post a reply to: Up or down

The Latest