Unmarked cars

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2018 7:31 AM

Had a wild experience on the commute home last night on the 5 South, heading through Tustin, CA. A couple of CHP went flying by on the left shoulder. Closely entail was an older beat up champagne-colored Pontiac. Interior lights flashing and siren blaring. Even had mismatched Pep Boys taillights. Never would of guessed it was a law enforcement vehicle. Guess you never can be too sure.

I do realize they use newer domestic vehicles to track suspects. Just wasn't expecting the 20 year old cubicle commuter

Photo

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

5/16/2018 7:50 AM

That is surprising to see one that old

We worked for a DEA agent on a remodel and he would show up in different cars/trucks all the time. I asked him about it and he said they he would get them out of impound. He pretty much had access to anything he wanted to drive out of there as long as it wasn’t being held for evidence.

|

5/16/2018 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2018 8:05 AM

This is a big thing in the Mid-Western states as well. First time I ever saw it was in Wilmington NC around 2010. I was like DAMN, that's kinda messed up and awesome all at the same time.

Oh yeah, NEVER drive a U-Haul cross country, you will get pulled over multiple times in multiple states. Helped a friend move to NC from CA and we got pulled over 7 times. wink

|

5/16/2018 8:17 AM

Can't remember the states but I have seen Highway Patrol in very pimped out Ford Mustangs as well as pretty tricked out BMW's. You gotta write a lot of tickets to pay for that!!!

|

5/16/2018 8:19 AM

A lot of unmarked F-150s and SUVs up here.

|

5/16/2018 8:29 AM

Alot of depts used unmarked, all types and seized vehicles.

|

5/16/2018 8:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2018 8:52 AM

Friend of mine was hauling through La, on the I-10. Saw a bike in his mirrors, and a second look because of the lights. A Hayabusa, with State Patrol, if I recall. You really had to look hard, to notice it in the mirror, as a cop bike. Two little side bags on it, and lights molded into the rear housing.

|

5/16/2018 10:07 AM

we have un-marked suv's and mini-vans up here bro. soccer moms packin' heat

|

5/16/2018 12:34 PM

By the letter of our state law, only the Washington State Patrol is supposed to be able to have "unmarked" cars here. Reality is much different, though.........

There's a minimum area on a car that is supposed to be used for identifying the agency/department that the car belongs to, and there was supposed to be something not allowing a car to only have "hidden" police lights.

There is an exemption for "undercover or confidential investigative purposes", though.

RCW 46.08.065 covers the markings I think, not sure about the lights though. One of our local sovereign citizens has been making a big stink about this for a while.

|

5/16/2018 11:41 PM

Taxi cabs are big time undercover cars around here. They also have trail blazer’s full on soccer mom type UC cars. Sneaky bastards. The bike cops have been out in force the past couple months now that it’s been nice and warm. It’s ticket season guys. Drive fast, take chances!

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.