Unbiased News Sources?

mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
2/13/2019 11:19am
motogrady wrote:
Agreed, different places, take none as gospel, try and look past the agendas, then form your opinion. I see the majority of the news outlets slanted...
Agreed, different places, take none as gospel, try and look past the agendas, then form your opinion.

I see the majority of the news outlets slanted to the left.

I've got it down to 2 places.

FoxNews.com for the right.
MSN.com for the left.

Hit those 2 every morning, eh, one should be able to figure it out.

For bikes.....vital for dirt, cycleworld.com for street.
I feel the same way. Fox for the right side of things, then MSN or maybe CNN for the left side of things.

Somewhere in the middle is the truth.
BobPA
2/13/2019 4:20pm
motogrady wrote:
Agreed, different places, take none as gospel, try and look past the agendas, then form your opinion. I see the majority of the news outlets slanted...
Agreed, different places, take none as gospel, try and look past the agendas, then form your opinion.

I see the majority of the news outlets slanted to the left.

I've got it down to 2 places.

FoxNews.com for the right.
MSN.com for the left.

Hit those 2 every morning, eh, one should be able to figure it out.

For bikes.....vital for dirt, cycleworld.com for street.
mxrose3 wrote:
I feel the same way. Fox for the right side of things, then MSN or maybe CNN for the left side of things. Somewhere in the...
I feel the same way. Fox for the right side of things, then MSN or maybe CNN for the left side of things.

Somewhere in the middle is the truth.
This

Both sides are so predictable you do not have to even watch anymore. I have given up trying to follow all of the ridiculous stories.
2/16/2019 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 2:40pm
The real bias is towards making money. That is the problem. When TV outfits realized in the 1970s that news could be a profit center rather than a loss leader, everything changed -- and not just the need for newscasts to generate ratings and revenue, which meant increasing dependence on the kind of stories that drive viewership.

Fox is probably the most extreme. Their basic viewership model is "bias confirmation". Sometimes the biases are accurate, but more often they are not. Murdoch was a genius in this respect. He understands human nature. Most people never change their beliefs. They believe what they believe. They filter the world around them support their pre-conceived beliefs. Fox caters to this. They literally look for beliefs first, then go find evidence to support those beliefs...even it is one anecdote in a sea of evidence to the contrary.

You don't believe my view of human nature? How many of you have been around the world? How many of you are pilots and understand navigation. 30 years ago, how many people could you find that sincerely believed the world is flat. NONE. Why? Because such nonsense was beaten out of their head by facts. Today, people can go on the internet and find some website that, if you are not the brightest bulb, might seem to be credible, which supports your natural belief that the world is actually flat. Thus we actually have tens of thousands of people...maybe more, who actually believe the world is flat. We have hundreds of thousands of people that believe contrails are the distribution of mind control chemicals. We have millions that believe vaccines are a conspiracy. More information is NOT better, as many people are too lazy to really think objectively. They fall into the filtering mode, and simply try to support their preconceived beliefs. It is just human nature.
2/16/2019 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 2:38pm
For example, go listen to Fox News for a month. Then go read this:

Efforts by DHS to Estimate Southwest Border Security between Ports of Entry

You can find similar disingenuous representations on the left as well, but I can not seem to find many as blatant as Fox. I am sure some of you here can provide examples on that side of things...

In general, I would say that WRITTEN news is a better source for objective information. I think that bias is easier to spot and expose in writing, because you take away human visual and audible influence you, which may bias your mind to be receptive to lies.

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
2/16/2019 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 4:42pm
For example, go listen to Fox News for a month. Then go read this: [url=https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/17_0914_estimates-of-border-security.pdf]Efforts by DHS to Estimate Southwest Border Security between Ports of Entry[/url]...

You can find similar disingenuous representations on the left as well, but I can not seem to find many as blatant as Fox. I am sure some of you here can provide examples on that side of things...

In general, I would say that WRITTEN news is a better source for objective information. I think that bias is easier to spot and expose in writing, because you take away human visual and audible influence you, which may bias your mind to be receptive to lies.
Laughing okay...95% of the news is left leaning and it has gone from bias reporting to just plan lying...and then they report random Twitter users response to their lies as news and then the lie becomes the truth to many people..

borg
2/16/2019 6:01pm
For example, go listen to Fox News for a month. Then go read this: [url=https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/17_0914_estimates-of-border-security.pdf]Efforts by DHS to Estimate Southwest Border Security between Ports of Entry[/url]...

People who live in glass houses.
Barrett57
2/16/2019 11:54pm
There is no such thing as unbiased news, even the sources with the noblest intentions fall short. Personally I think bbc radio 4 is pretty damn good most of the time at being fair even though they do have bias, they will have two or more people who actually know what they are talking about to debate a topic. Although it's pretty irrelevant to you lot as they focus on domestic issues just as much as foreign.
Natester551v
2/17/2019 2:43pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
BBC News is not bad. Since they don't have any skin in the game , so to speak, as do the fox CNN MSNBC news of...
BBC News is not bad. Since they don't have any skin in the game , so to speak, as do the fox CNN MSNBC news of the world you tend to get more reporting and less bias.
It is pretty amazing how much more news on America you get from actual British investigative journalists. Very few of those left in the US...
BMSOBx2
2/17/2019 5:26pm
Brad460 wrote:
:laugh: okay...95% of the news is left leaning and it has gone from bias reporting to just plan lying...and then they report random Twitter users response...
Laughing okay...95% of the news is left leaning and it has gone from bias reporting to just plan lying...and then they report random Twitter users response to their lies as news and then the lie becomes the truth to many people..

Sorry Brad, 95% of the news is left-leaning, seriously? Where did you get that information? Fox most likely. So once you go into the discussion with that point of view what possible good can come of it? What do words mean if no one listens anymore?
borg
2/17/2019 5:55pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Sorry Brad, 95% of the news is left-leaning, seriously? Where did you get that information? Fox most likely. So once you go into the discussion with...
Sorry Brad, 95% of the news is left-leaning, seriously? Where did you get that information? Fox most likely. So once you go into the discussion with that point of view what possible good can come of it? What do words mean if no one listens anymore?
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
2/17/2019 5:57pm

Brad460 wrote:
:laugh: okay...95% of the news is left leaning and it has gone from bias reporting to just plan lying...and then they report random Twitter users response...

Eh I think you are a little off. It’s more like 98-99%
XXVoid MainXX
2/17/2019 6:59pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Sorry Brad, 95% of the news is left-leaning, seriously? Where did you get that information? Fox most likely. So once you go into the discussion with...
borg wrote:
I used to have the hots for that chick.
BMSOBx2
2/17/2019 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 7:21pm
borg wrote:
You got me. I see you like lyrics too.
motogrady
2/19/2019 4:12pm

OMG!

Jail them.
Just like they did to all those that lied at the Kavanaugh hearings.
Along with those that wrote those false FISA warrants.
And that jerk that said I could keep my own doctor and it would still save me money.
And that woman that destroyed thousands of emails.
And that guy that lied about just joking when he said he'd wear a wire to secretly tape someone.

Yeah, jail them just like they did the others.
2/21/2019 10:17am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2019 10:17am
I like @mrandyngo on twitter
the intercept, as someone mentioned above

but above all i like to get my news from @kathygriffin on twitter.
I'm that WOKE bro.

Post a reply to: Unbiased News Sources?

The Latest