brlatm
9/19/2018 9:37pm
This isn't going to end well.

The Shop

KMC440
9/20/2018 5:19am
Replying to yourself is funny ...
Post in third person next time too

Can't wait to see how much shit gets stolen to pay for theater tickets ... oh wait who needs a ticket ...
Moto96
9/20/2018 8:47am
Funny that Will Smiths name isnt behind it too. Probably better off.
9/20/2018 9:20am
Think about the ride outs that gonna happen nationwide the day of the release ? Gonna be cray.
Joemx
9/20/2018 1:23pm
Will it show how these ghetto rats actually get the bikes they ride ?
Shiftfaced
9/20/2018 2:50pm
Was bicycling in downtown Boise the other day, and rode up along side this dude who was riding a wheelie like it was easy. Taking hands on and off the bars. Pedaling for a bit, the coasting, but stayed in the wheelie. Then zig and zagged side to side, and was really just showing a boatload of skill.

I said "Wow! You are displaying a ton of skill there! Wheelies make people smile, and I think you just made a bunch of people smile their asses off. Where did you learn to wheelie like that?"

"I learned from riding motorcycles, and it transfers over pretty well."

He may be in that movie!

I bet you see stuff in that movie that people on this board, who have ridden for YEARS, could never come close to.

plowboy
9/20/2018 5:01pm
Shiftfaced wrote:
Was bicycling in downtown Boise the other day, and rode up along side this dude who was riding a wheelie like it was easy. Taking hands...
Was bicycling in downtown Boise the other day, and rode up along side this dude who was riding a wheelie like it was easy. Taking hands on and off the bars. Pedaling for a bit, the coasting, but stayed in the wheelie. Then zig and zagged side to side, and was really just showing a boatload of skill.

I said "Wow! You are displaying a ton of skill there! Wheelies make people smile, and I think you just made a bunch of people smile their asses off. Where did you learn to wheelie like that?"

He may be in that movie!

I bet you see stuff in that movie that people on this board, who have ridden for YEARS, could never come close to.

I bet they will...their stolen bikeWoohooEvil
agn5009
9/20/2018 6:31pm
Shiftfaced wrote:
Was bicycling in downtown Boise the other day, and rode up along side this dude who was riding a wheelie like it was easy. Taking hands...

He may be in that movie!

So doing a wheelie guages ones skill level? Interesting. I've won a lot of races and over 20 championships in mini, 80s, B and A class. Yet I suck at wheelies.

But those guys are probably better riders than me Huh
Shiftfaced
9/21/2018 5:52am
Shiftfaced wrote:

He may be in that movie!

agn5009 wrote:
So doing a wheelie guages ones skill level? Interesting. I've won a lot of races and over 20 championships in mini, 80s, B and A class...
So doing a wheelie guages ones skill level? Interesting. I've won a lot of races and over 20 championships in mini, 80s, B and A class. Yet I suck at wheelies.

Not quite my point, but close.

I do believe that the “skills” that are learned and displayed, with minimal time on a bike, would be indicative of how their skill set would grow, given time on a bike, and proper places to ride.

Two strokes are cheap. They are probably picking those things up for $500, and ride them on the streets because they can, and that is the only place they have.

You have ridden all your life, and cant wheelie for shit. Those kids have probably no more than 100 hours on a bike, and they are showing skills that you have not been able to hone in a lifetime of riding.

If Rogers DeCoster was asked to choose one rider, and groom them for one race, who does he pick? Somebody who has shown their skill set to have been maxed out, or someone who’s talent has only scratched the surface?

DoctorJD
9/21/2018 6:28am
Shiftfaced wrote:

He may be in that movie!

agn5009 wrote:
So doing a wheelie guages ones skill level? Interesting. I've won a lot of races and over 20 championships in mini, 80s, B and A class...

Shiftfaced wrote:
Not quite my point, but close. I do believe that the “skills” that are learned and displayed, with minimal time on a bike, would be indicative...

I do believe that the “skills” that are learned and displayed, with minimal time on a bike, would be indicative of how their skill set would grow, given time on a bike, and proper places to ride.

Two strokes are cheap. They are probably picking those things up for $500, and ride them on the streets because they can, and that is the only place they have.

You have ridden all your life, and cant wheelie for shit. Those kids have probably no more than 100 hours on a bike, and they are showing skills that you have not been able to hone in a lifetime of riding.

If Rogers DeCoster was asked to choose one rider, and groom them for one race, who does he pick? Somebody who has shown their skill set to have been maxed out, or someone who’s talent has only scratched the surface?

LOL, you don't follow the used bike market very closely do you? I can assure you they aren't "finding" $500 running 2-strokes anywhere. Not even close.
agn5009
9/21/2018 6:29am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2018 6:31am
Shiftfaced wrote:

He may be in that movie!

agn5009 wrote:

Shiftfaced wrote:
Not quite my point, but close. I do believe that the “skills” that are learned and displayed, with minimal time on a bike, would be indicative...

Bought them for $500. Stop. You lost all credibility right there.

These guys literally ride up and down the street practicing wheelies all day long. That is the one thing they practice. They don't practice starts, jumping, turns, straight speed, breaking bumps, trees, logs, hills, rocks, etc.

FYI, Roger would think you're very unintelligent. Do you honestly think every one of these street riders is better than say, Ryan Dungey, because they can most definitely wheelie better than him? I guarantee you Dungey can't do the wheelies some of them are pulling off.

Your logic is dumb. Really, really dumb actually. Even if I was "shitfaced" I don't think I could say or believe something so dumb.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
9/21/2018 6:42am
agn5009 wrote:

Not gonna comment on the other aspect, but yes, doing a wheelie does gage their skill level at wheelies. It is a skill, a completely different skillset than going fast on a moto track. So yes, they are better riders when it comes to finding a balance point on the rear wheel. Apples to oranges.
gabrielito
9/21/2018 6:44am
Shiftfaced wrote:

He may be in that movie!

agn5009 wrote:

Most of them would smoke your ass if given half the opportunities to ride and race that you were. True story.
agn5009
9/21/2018 6:54am
Shiftfaced wrote:

He may be in that movie!

agn5009 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
Most of them would smoke your ass if given half the opportunities to ride and race that you were. True story.
Really? You know this how? I don't think you know the definition of "true."
gabrielito
9/21/2018 7:03am
agn5009 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I know this by observing other sports. True story.
Shiftfaced
9/21/2018 8:03am
DoctorJD wrote:
[i]Two strokes are cheap. They are probably picking those things up for $500, and ride them on the streets because they can, and that is the...

LOL, you don't follow the used bike market very closely do you? I can assure you they aren't "finding" $500 running 2-strokes anywhere. Not even close.
What the prices of a used 2-stroke motorcycle currently is is not really the point of the conversation.
DoctorJD
9/21/2018 8:07am
DoctorJD wrote:
[i]Two strokes are cheap. They are probably picking those things up for $500, and ride them on the streets because they can, and that is the...

Shiftfaced wrote:
What the prices of a used 2-stroke motorcycle currently is is not really the point of the conversation.
Then why did you bring it into the conversation? Please tell me you're trolling.
agn5009
9/21/2018 8:07am
gabrielito wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
I know this by observing other sports. True story.
Laughing
Shiftfaced
9/21/2018 8:09am
"White Flight" does not only pertain to white people leaving the urban core to live out in the homogeneous suburbs.

It also pertains to basketball, football, baseball, and most other sports.

When you cannot make the team, you find something else to do.

Off-road motorcycles cost more than a basketball.

A lot of kids cannot even afford a basketball.

But once they get one?

Same logic applies to an off-road motorcycle.
Shiftfaced
9/21/2018 8:13am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2018 8:18am
DoctorJD wrote:
Then why did you bring it into the conversation? Please tell me you're trolling.
Trolling is the playground of the weak.

I brought up the cheap prices of used 2-stroke motorcycles because price is a "barrier of entry" to this sport.

Not only do you need a truck, the bike, gas money, you also need to pay gate fees, or have off-road areas to ride.

ALL of those are pretty hard to come by for a poor kid in the middle of Cleveland.

So what do they do? Pick up a cheap bike off Craigslist, and run it up and down the street.

And in about 1 week, they show wheelie skills that people who have ridden for 20 years cannot match.

That should be indicative of POTENTIAL.

And that is why Roger DeCoster would pick the guy who's talent is only STARTING to blossom.
mxb2
9/21/2018 8:19am
Shiftfaced wrote:

He may be in that movie!

agn5009 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
Plenty of places to ride,tracks and show skils. Do like alot of riders, drive to a track, pay, ride. Simple.
DoctorJD
9/21/2018 8:24am
Shiftfaced wrote:
Trolling is the playground of the weak. I brought up the cheap prices of used 2-stroke motorcycles because price is a "barrier of entry" to this...

I brought up the cheap prices of used 2-stroke motorcycles because price is a "barrier of entry" to this sport.

Not only do you need a truck, the bike, gas money, you also need to pay gate fees, or have off-road areas to ride.

ALL of those are pretty hard to come by for a poor kid in the middle of Cleveland.

So what do they do? Pick up a cheap bike off Craigslist, and run it up and down the street.

And in about 1 week, they show wheelie skills that people who have ridden for 20 years cannot match.

That should be indicative of POTENTIAL.

And that is why Roger DeCoster would pick the guy who's talent is only STARTING to blossom.

Then your hands must be calloused from swinging on the monkey bars. Nice work, though. You actually had me going for a minute, then I thought, "nobody could be this dumb".
gabrielito
9/21/2018 8:32am
agn5009 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Plenty of places to ride,tracks and show skils. Do like alot of riders, drive to a track, pay, ride. Simple.
I agree but there is something about motorcycles that causes people to find a way to ride them. It's in their blood. They are core MX without infrastructure. That's all, they can't help themselves just like the rest of us. I used to half ride half push my bike up to the strawberry fields, rode threw them pissing off the farmers, until I got to the hills where the rich folks lived. Sometimes they would call the cops. I had the ranchers at Hondaland pull a gun on me and get hauled off by the police. I couldn't help it, I wanted to ride and didn't have any other means that I could see to do it.

Alta should build an inner city all electric track. Sponsor some of these guys, that would be an industry game changer.
KMC440
9/21/2018 9:17am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2018 9:17am
At that rate Old English 800 should build a brewery in every "urban" environment ... too bad all the product would be stolen by a bunch of hood rats on equally stolen two strokes
KDXGarage
9/21/2018 10:01am
Shiftfaced wrote:

If I may correct you on one thing:

"They are probably picking those things up for $500"

You have confused "probably" with "theoretically possible".

I REALLY hope you are trolling.

Post a reply to: Uh oh...

The Latest