USPS Parcel Lost???

deccr250
Edited Date/Time 7/27/2021 7:42am
Hey guys,

Currently building a CR480 over here in the UK.
Ordered a set of wide pegs from an online retailer in the U.S, item was dispatched on 5th May but I haven’t had an update on the USPS app since 12th May, all it says is “in transit to next facility”.
Has anyone else had this before?? I’ve tried calling USPS but didn’t really get anywhere and the call cost me a small fortune as I’m calling from the UK.
Starting to think my pegs have been lost and I’m never going to get them Sad
I have spoken with the seller and they’ve opened up an inquiry but that was a few weeks ago now and doesn’t seem to have made a difference …any help/advice is appreciated as always guys Smile
|
GabeM
6/27/2021 12:05pm
deccr250 wrote:
Hey guys, Currently building a CR480 over here in the UK. Ordered a set of wide pegs from an online retailer in the U.S, item was...
Hey guys,

Currently building a CR480 over here in the UK.
Ordered a set of wide pegs from an online retailer in the U.S, item was dispatched on 5th May but I haven’t had an update on the USPS app since 12th May, all it says is “in transit to next facility”.
Has anyone else had this before?? I’ve tried calling USPS but didn’t really get anywhere and the call cost me a small fortune as I’m calling from the UK.
Starting to think my pegs have been lost and I’m never going to get them Sad
I have spoken with the seller and they’ve opened up an inquiry but that was a few weeks ago now and doesn’t seem to have made a difference …any help/advice is appreciated as always guys Smile
It either got lost or someone stole them. In the States this would be on the seller to fix not the buyer.
cse
Fantasy
2136th
6/28/2021 8:31am
What USPS service did the shipper use? First Class, Priority, Priority Express...? Does the tracking show that is has left the US? We ship quite a bit with USPS and First Class International has been very inconsistent since Covid. Had one package take nearly 6 months to get to Sweden. Crazy. We've also had packages show up overseas that the tracking still showed here. It doesn't hurt for you to contact the UK post and ask them.
deccr250
6/28/2021 9:01am
cse wrote:
What USPS service did the shipper use? First Class, Priority, Priority Express...? Does the tracking show that is has left the US? We ship quite a...
What USPS service did the shipper use? First Class, Priority, Priority Express...? Does the tracking show that is has left the US? We ship quite a bit with USPS and First Class International has been very inconsistent since Covid. Had one package take nearly 6 months to get to Sweden. Crazy. We've also had packages show up overseas that the tracking still showed here. It doesn't hurt for you to contact the UK post and ask them.
I’m not 100% sure which service they used. I don’t mind waiting for it if I know it’s actually going to turn up, I just don’t want to sit here for weeks and weeks and then it doesn’t even arrive haha.
The tracking still says “in transit to next facility” and it’s been like that since 12th May, which is what has made me think it’s been lost within the USPS network.
The seller has opened up an international missing item case but that was a few weeks ago now and there hasn’t been any progress whatsoever.
I have tried doing as much as I can my end but USPS are useless, apparently because it’s an international item then the only person who can deal with it is the original sender.
deccr250
6/28/2021 9:02am
This is the strange thing, I’ve ordered hundreds of parts from the states and they’ve always been faultless. This is the first problem I’ve had with them, which is why it’s so annoying haha

The Shop

TXDirt
6/28/2021 9:13am
I don’t even use USPS inside the US if I can avoid it.

I prefer in this order for any shipping.

FedEX
UPS
DHL

USPS

TXDirt
6/28/2021 9:15am
Could be stuck in customs. Could be lost and found later. I’ve had international shipments take months sometimes.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
6/28/2021 10:17am
TXDirt wrote:
I don’t even use USPS inside the US if I can avoid it. I prefer in this order for any shipping. FedEX UPS DHL...

FedEX
UPS
DHL

USPS

FedEx is the top of your list? Grinning
I guess if you like boxes thrown at your house and trucks turning around in your grass they're ok
indy_maico
6/28/2021 11:23am
USPS tracking is the worst.
Your package may have gone off the tracking map, but that doesn't mean it is lost.

I could never figure out how their international service works because they obviously have to had it off to another carrier once it gets to the destination country, unlike FedEx, UPS or DHL who go door-to-door.

Another thing to consider is that international mail most likely goes into the cargo hold on a passenger airliner, and with flights cut back, COVID, etc, international shipping is more fucked up now than it ever has been.

I subscribed to the English motorcycle mag 'Bike', and pre-COVID the print edition would reliably get to me 3 weeks from the UK newsstand date. Last year it went to 6-8 weeks. I cancelled my print sub and do a digital only subscription now.
JM485
6/28/2021 12:35pm
TXDirt wrote:
I don’t even use USPS inside the US if I can avoid it. I prefer in this order for any shipping. FedEX UPS DHL...

FedEX
UPS
DHL

USPS

When was the last time you shipped anything Fedex? They have to be the absolute worst carrier I have ever experienced, every single package I’ve gotten through them in the last two years has been delayed significantly and the routes make no sense. I almost missed a race because it took my parts 5 business days to travel 30 miles. . . Seriously, they can get beyond fucked, I’ll pay more and go literally anywhere else but them.
Robgvx
6/29/2021 2:04am
I ship books from the UK to the US. Last year I was using Royal Mail, whose US partner was USPS. I had a few which just disappeared into the Ether for weeks. Tracking was just stationary and I could get no help or information from Royal Mail, who said I needed to wait like twelve weeks before I could even start a claim.

In three cases I sent a replacement using other carriers. Then, just after those replacements were sent the original ones woke up and were delivered. In the end, every single one showed up eventually.

As far as what you can do, pass it on to the seller. It’s their responsibility, not yours. If the goods don’t arrive ask for a refund.

I now use UPS for shipping UK to the US. They’re great and packages are delivered inside a week, which is quicker than to Europe, and even on occasions quicker than to the UK!

ns503
6/29/2021 3:52am
USPS always was my shipper of choice when ordering things from USA to Canada. May have taken a little bit longer but not that much, and I usually ended up saving big on brokerage/customs fees.

So when I had to order a new base for my BBQ a couple weeks ago, after finding apparently the only 2 still in existence in Colorado, I asked for USPS again. Then I find this thread, and now am in 'your item has been shipped' limbo too. Eeesh.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
6/29/2021 2:14pm
Ordered a pair of Vans for my Sis for her birthday, which is in early March. Ordered them mid January, shipping from Illinois. From their departure, they traveled to MO, NY, NV, CA, TX, MS, TX again, NB, then finally arrived......first week of May. Complete shitshow........
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/29/2021 4:33pm
TXDirt wrote:

FedEX
UPS
DHL

USPS

JM485 wrote:
When was the last time you shipped anything Fedex? They have to be the absolute worst carrier I have ever experienced, every single package I’ve gotten...
When was the last time you shipped anything Fedex? They have to be the absolute worst carrier I have ever experienced, every single package I’ve gotten through them in the last two years has been delayed significantly and the routes make no sense. I almost missed a race because it took my parts 5 business days to travel 30 miles. . . Seriously, they can get beyond fucked, I’ll pay more and go literally anywhere else but them.
This. My wife had a package take well over 30 days to reach her via FedEx... she paid for 2-day service. They denied her a refund, because according to them, they didn't lose it. It wasn't technically lost, it was just not moving from their Brookvale, CA hub.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
6/29/2021 4:54pm
I ordered a new charger for my sons electric bike last week. UPS said they delivered it, which they didn’t. I contacted UPS and they said it was delivered so someone must have stolen it off my porch. I live in the middle of nowhere, no one stole a tiny package off my porch.

Yesterday the UPS truck shows up and hands me the box 🤷‍♂️ It was a little strange but whatever, it got here.
deccr250
6/29/2021 9:21pm
Well…at least I’m not the only one i suppose haha. Seems like all I can do is wait and hope that it turns up one day
Rooster
6/30/2021 9:32am
JM485 wrote:
When was the last time you shipped anything Fedex? They have to be the absolute worst carrier I have ever experienced, every single package I’ve gotten...
It's weird how FedEx in the US is so crappy compared to UPS when it's the exact opposite in Canada.

I have had UPS destroy or lose almost everything they've handled, yet FedEx has a perfect track record by comparison.

But when I'm shipping stuff from inside the US, I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

But I've always used Canada Post/USPS for package shipments that didn't have to be overnight deliveries. Until Dejoy got a hold of the USPS and fucked everything up. I still use Canada Post for domestic 2 day packages because they're both cheaper and I can support a company that pay and treats it's employees properly.
deccr250
7/6/2021 6:10am
Well guys, you won’t believe it but…checked the tracking on the USPS app…my pegs cleared customs and left the distribution centre on July 3rd! Miracle! Haha!
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/6/2021 8:59am
Meanwhile I have a package thats been sitting at the local FedEx office for a week with no estimated delivery date. Talked to customer service "its proceeding through our system and will be delivered in a timely manner." 😂
Whatever. Its just LEGOs to donate to some kids. Not real high value or needs to be here immediately.
Robgvx
7/6/2021 3:01pm
deccr250 wrote:
Well guys, you won’t believe it but…checked the tracking on the USPS app…my pegs cleared customs and left the distribution centre on July 3rd! Miracle! Haha!
As I posted above, I had stuff sit with USPS for ages, not moving. Then eventually, weeks and weeks later (usually after I’d just sent a replacement) they’d arrive.

I’ve wondered what they were doing during that time?. Did the package fall off a conveyor and sit under a bench somewhere?
ns503
7/7/2021 3:47am
My BBQ base status still just showing item shipped on June 15. So it's apparently still somewhere in USPS limbo.
ns503
7/7/2021 8:38am
Well, that was a major coincidence. My box showed up on my door step 2 hours after posting that. All in one piece and no extra duty or brokerage fees. Unless I get a bill for them in the mail later. Always get nailed hard with those, using a courier. So I'm a happy camper about all that, so far.
sandhills
7/9/2021 8:00am
I sent a package whatever USPS standard international service is to the UK around February this year and it didn't show up until June.
Motox627!
7/9/2021 11:42am
Check this shit out..... Ordered a seat from Mastercross for the CR i am restoring on May 15. After that fucker gets thru customs, it takes a tour of the United States (including my town). Now - almost 2 months later, is back in Italy. Complete bullshit and USPS could not explain any of it to me or tell me where it actually is. Not sure why Chicago and San Fran even happened, but im sure its completely beat to shit by now.

July 2, 2021, 8:24 am
Departed
MILAN, ITALY
Your item departed a transfer airport in MALPENSA, MILAN, ITALY on July 2, 2021 at 8:24 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

July 1, 2021, 5:50 pm
Departed
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

June 30, 2021, 6:47 am
Departed
SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES

June 30, 2021, 12:04 am
Arrived
SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES

June 29, 2021, 1:45 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 29, 2021, 11:20 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

June 29, 2021, 11:20 am
Arrived at Regional Facility

June 20, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility

June 16, 2021, 11:02 am
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 16, 2021, 9:24 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 15, 2021, 7:20 am

June 15, 2021, 5:30 am
ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 15, 2021, 4:01 am

June 14, 2021, 2:07 am

June 11, 2021, 2:14 am

June 11, 2021, 1:29 am

June 10, 2021, 11:48 pm

June 10, 2021, 10:41 am

June 7, 2021, 4:53 pm

June 7, 2021, 4:53 pm

June 6, 2021, 12:30 am
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 6, 2021, 12:28 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 4, 2021, 2:56 pm
No Such Number
PFLUGERVILLE, TX 78660

June 4, 2021, 6:24 am
Arrived at Post Office
PFLUGERVILLE, TX 78660

June 2, 2021, 5:40 pm
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 1, 2021, 11:18 am
Inbound Out of Customs

Inbound Into Customs
May 30, 2021, 9:59 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
May 19, 2021, 7:19 am
Processed Through Facility
MILANO P. BORROMEO P.A.E., ITALY
May 17, 2021, 12:56 pm
Acceptance
ITALY
deccr250
7/9/2021 11:58am
So after 66 days…the pegs arrived today! Haha! Smile
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/26/2021 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2021 1:44pm
Another FedEx fiasco, but it turned out OK:

I ordered some MTB shoes from Five Ten 8 days ago. They are owned by/ sold via Adidas, and shipped from their warehouse in Illinois or Ohio. (I forgot which state, but the shoes are coming to CA, so it's barely any different.)

I got an order confirmation Sunday night, when I made the purchase. Then, Monday AM, an update: "Your order has shipped, and it will arrive earlier than the Monday 7/26 we initially estimated for you. You can track your shipment here." Yaay. Well, just for fun, I tracked it with FedEx. "Label created. More details after FedEx receives the package." Well, OK, the order didn't actually ship. Maybe that's just their automatic thing and it was worded improperly. I get it; it's going out today, the tracking # will be updated throughout the night as FedEx moves it.
Well, Tuesday rolls around, and all the same messages are coming from FedEx, i.e., that they would update when they receive the package. Same for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, the day Adidas told me would be the "new, improved," delivery date.
Then Saturday, I get a ping in my email: last scan, Akron, OH. On truck for delivery." Wait, I don't live in Ohio. Blink

Later Saturday, my wife comes in from the front door and says, "Oh, these must be your shoes."

I really don't know what's wrong with the FedEx tracking system, but clearly they had it all week and never updated anything. Oh well, I got my shoes!
ZOSICK
7/27/2021 7:41am
I get parts from FedEx and UPS all the time. When I order from RMATV, they always say the package will be here sooner than it ends up arriving. Usually, it's one day later. To be honest, I've only had one real problem. For some reason, they kept sending my packages to upper AZ. My city has a close name to a city in upper AZ. Makes me wonder how this happens when everything is scanned. Go figure. The shipping us free so I can't bitch too much!

Post a reply to: USPS Parcel Lost???

The Latest