UK chemical weapon attack.

kongols
4/25/2018 11:07am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 8:48pm
Remember that russian spy that got poisoned? IT was the first chemical weapon attack in Europe since WW2.
Well, couple of days ago a scientist that was a part of the team that invented that chemical weapon, told in an interview that Russia most likely is behind the attack.
Today he got hit by a car on a crosswalk and is in hospital with head and leg trauma.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/25/2018 11:40am
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
4/25/2018 11:59am
Most probable that Russia was behind the attack but what’s more scary is the bare faced lies told by our ministers, particularly Boris, to justify sanctions.
4/25/2018 12:08pm
Boris: “Porton Down has told us without doubt the chemical was manufactured in Russia”

A week later....

Porton Down: “We have no way of accertaining where the chemical was manufactured”

And the papers attack Corbyn (the opposition leader) for saying we need a thorough investigation BEFORE sanctions are enforced.

The Shop

4/25/2018 12:52pm
Not turning this political. All I’m saying is military cuts may not be the best idea. Norko, Russia and China are a real threat. As much as any of you want to believe it or don’t want to believe it.
4/25/2018 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2018 12:57pm
Not turning this political. All I’m saying is military cuts may not be the best idea. Norko, Russia and China are a real threat. As much...
Not turning this political. All I’m saying is military cuts may not be the best idea. Norko, Russia and China are a real threat. As much as any of you want to believe it or don’t want to believe it.
I would think that other areas of 'military' particularly cyber need to be prioritised these days, the days of land battles (atleast in 1st world countries) are done.
4/25/2018 1:02pm
well the super powers aren’t gonna blow up the entire world. They want something to rule. Foot soldiers will be used. It’s still inevitable.
early
Fantasy
2139th
4/25/2018 1:06pm
well the super powers aren’t gonna blow up the entire world. They want something to rule. Foot soldiers will be used. It’s still inevitable.
That's the glass half full perspective
APLMAN99
4/25/2018 6:37pm
Not turning this political. All I’m saying is military cuts may not be the best idea. Norko, Russia and China are a real threat. As much...
I agree with trying to stay apolitical.

That being said, our spending on our military is outrageous. It isn't a matter of spending that is a problem, it's pure mismanagement. When we spend more than the next 15+ countries COMBINED, throwing more money into it isn't going to make our military more prepared, our troops safer, and our country more secure.

The people mismanaging the huge sums of money that we spend on our military should be hanged for treason, whether they be military or civilian......
JAFO92
4/25/2018 7:26pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I agree with trying to stay apolitical. That being said, our spending on our military is outrageous. It isn't a matter of spending that is a...

That being said, our spending on our military is outrageous. It isn't a matter of spending that is a problem, it's pure mismanagement. When we spend more than the next 15+ countries COMBINED, throwing more money into it isn't going to make our military more prepared, our troops safer, and our country more secure.

The people mismanaging the huge sums of money that we spend on our military should be hanged for treason, whether they be military or civilian......
NorCal 50+
4/26/2018 11:17am
You could rebuild every bridge, highway and canal in the US for a tiny fraction of the money we have spent on completely useless wars. That is not by accident.
Right now the US is pretty much complicit in war crimes with Saudi Arabia in Yemen. It's a pretty sick state of affairs when we parade Saudi Princes around and kiss their asses. But instead of putting people in prison for war crimes, we name airports and foundations after them.
omalley
4/26/2018 12:15pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I agree with trying to stay apolitical. That being said, our spending on our military is outrageous. It isn't a matter of spending that is a...

Exactly. This isn’t unique to the military either. Government in general is top-heavy. Line level people (the ones doing the work and who actually benefit society) are the last to see funds and the first to see cuts. My wife is a teacher. I hear people all the time ranting about the teachers and how much money already goes their way from taxes. The problem is that it doesn’t go their way-it keeps going to more layers of admin, more 100k+/yr jobs for friends of the superintendents, more “experts” while the teachers and kids get the shaft.
tunedlength
4/27/2018 3:42pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

Couldn't agree more about the chronic mismanagement.
Seems to be a theme with every federal department.
The other aspect of this that seems to not get much notice is most of the 15 other countries can spend less because they can count on the US to be the heavy when the shit hits the fan.
Imagine how different Canada's military spending would look if they were in the middle east.
4/27/2018 8:48pm
Or If the county to the south of them was 48 individual countries with destabilized governments.....

Post a reply to: UK chemical weapon attack.

The Latest