UFC 222

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2018 6:21 PM

OC scottie where u at?!?!?

Anyone else as excited as I am to watch Ortega fight?

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

Usage: Slang

3/3/2018 6:47 PM

im less then jazzed for the card tonight . Probably because im super pumped for the khabib and Tony fight.

|

3/3/2018 6:52 PM

MR. X wrote:

im less then jazzed for the card tonight . Probably because im super pumped for the khabib and Tony fight.

Tony vs Khabib is gonna be huge. I hope Conor will be ringside.

Ortega is a beast that is on a fast rise. I think he will beat Halloway. And that could bring Conor back to that division as well.

I just wanna see someone get big enough to justify getting Conor’s attention. His fights are so entertaining.

|

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

3/3/2018 6:57 PM

MR. X wrote:

Ghost of Jabroni wrote:

Ortega is a beast that is on a fast rise. I think he will ...more

I'm hoping that khabib smashes tony and goes on to fight conor.

|

3/3/2018 7:10 PM

MR. X wrote:

Ghost of Jabroni wrote:

Ortega is a beast that is on a fast rise. I think he will ...more

MR. X wrote:

I'm hoping that khabib smashes tony and goes on to fight conor.

IMO Ferg is good. But he was lucky to get past Kevin Lee. Khabib should destroy Tony.

Now Khabib versus Conor? That will be a HUGE card. Im a big Conor fan but Khabib will bring the the absolute best out of him.

|

3/3/2018 9:28 PM

Wow. Ortega is the REAL DEAL.

3 weeks notice. And dropped a uppercut on a great fighter in Frankie Edgar that put the boy to sleep!!!

|

3/3/2018 10:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2018 10:29 PM

Ghost of Jabroni wrote:

3 weeks notice. And dropped a uppercut on a great fighter in Frankie Edgar that put the boy to ...more

Dang! I can’t remember Frankie ever getting knocked out like that. Ortega is definitely the real deal. So I guess he gets Holloway now?

|

3/3/2018 10:32 PM

Sully wrote:

Dang! I can’t remember Frankie ever getting knocked out like that. Ortega is definitely the real deal. So I guess he gets ...more

Edgar has never been finished. I think his only losses came in decisions.

That sorta knockout I dont think his career will ever recover from. Kinda like what Conor did to Aldo.

Yep, Holloway is definitely next. That fight will be big. Then comes Conor. And that fight will be MASSIVE.

|

3/3/2018 10:37 PM

Ghost of Jabroni wrote:

3 weeks notice. And dropped a uppercut on a great fighter in Frankie Edgar that put the boy to ...more

Sully wrote:

Dang! I can’t remember Frankie ever getting knocked out like that. Ortega is definitely the real deal. So I guess he gets ...more

Ghost of Jabroni wrote:

Edgar has never been finished. I think his only losses came in decisions.

That sorta knockout I dont think his career will ...more

I’m a huge Frankie fan, but you’re right, I’d be really surprised if he gets himself back to title contention at this stage of his career.
I’m looking forward to Ortega v. Holloway. That should be an exciting one.

|

3/3/2018 11:05 PM

Sully wrote:

I’m a huge Frankie fan, but you’re right, I’d be really surprised if he gets himself back to title contention at this stage of ...more

Honestly, I dont think Max stands a chance. Ortega is such a machine.

|

3/4/2018 3:15 AM

I just watched the post show on FS1. Those elbows Ortega landed were nasty.

|

3/4/2018 9:02 AM

Ortega is definitely something special to watch. The days of watching him for free on fight nights are over, lol.

For anyone holding out hope for a Conor return, don't hold your breath. I think he's done. He no longer has the drive and determination to train and fight for the "crumbs" he'll make in the UFC. If he does return it will be ugly and his legacy will be shattered. Just my opinion of course.

|

No Signature.

3/4/2018 9:48 AM

71Fish wrote:

Ortega is definitely something special to watch. The days of watching him for free on fight nights are over, lol.

For anyone ...more

I disagree. I dont think he's stopped training at all.

He tried jumping in to get this fight with Frankie Edgar. But the problem with that, is the days of Conor filling in for other fighters on short notice are long gone. He costs the UFC $30-40m per fight. So they need time to market the PPV so they can afford him. That's why Ortega got this opportunity.

And Ortega is so damn good. Frankie had no time to prep for him and that's why the fight looked so lopsided. Frankie didnt stand a chance.

The difficult thing for Conor is that he's outgrown the UFC. It's not that he doesnt want to fight. But they have to pay him what he's worth.

He's only worth $100m if he's fighting Floyd in the boxing ring. So scratch that fee for UFC. But he's definitely worth $40-50m if he gets a boxing match with Pacquiao or a MMA fight with Floyd. Conor has been trying for.either of those fights.

The UFC can afford to pay Conor $40m for a UFC fight if the matchup is good enough. But it takes a proper challenger that can help sell the fight. Nate Diaz does that. Which is why the trilogy fight will certainly happen. That is money in the bank. The most difficult part of the trilogy fight is not Conor's fee but rather Nate's. He made allegedly $12m off the 2nd fight. He wants $20m off the 3rd fight. The UFC has NEVER paid collectively $60m to two fighters in one night.

When Conor fought Eddie Alvarez it was rumored Conor got $30m and Eddie got $3m after all the PPV was paid out. I think the UFC is just gonna wait Nate or Conor out until Nate or both come down on their asking prices.

Now, Conor vs the winner of Max or Ortega? That's a fight the UFC can afford.

Conor vs the winner of Tony vs Khabib? Another fight they can afford.

But realize that it's taken about 2 years to build up those fighters in stature to where they can help sell a fight card with Conor.

He simply blew up too fast.

I think he is incredibly talented and will continue to impress. He is a unique case. BUT.... "well fed sharks dont hunt" so to your point I can see why you are expecting his downfall.

|

3/4/2018 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 4:03 PM

Never really had an opinion or remember him fighting, kinda stopped caring about UFC after the ogs retired and the introduction of the lower weight classes and wmma fights. But I still kinda followed it through some mma forums and someone posted this and now I can't wait for Khabib to beat his ass. I just hope he doesn't get caught in a sub when he eventually puts Tony on his back. Sorry tried to imbed the video but couldn't, but what a grade A dick.

|

3/4/2018 6:07 PM

"OC scottie where u at?!?!?"

I was watching SX/NBA and UFC all at the same time lol Didnt even check non moto side.

I was bummed for Frankie, like that dude. I dont really remember much of the UFC, i was drinking last night and didnt sleep the night before so i was kind of a mess all of yesterday.Been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, pissing me off really bad, makes my pain level skyrocket. Waaaa waaaaa i sound like a little bitch...

Dude Cyborg..that chick is hardly human, she needs to start fighting guys, no woman can touch her.

So Dana is gonna strip Conner of his belt at UFC 223, i do remember hearing that LOL

...as far as Conner's future? I have no clue whatsoever. All i do is watch the fights, dont really pay much attention to what goes on in the world out of the ring anymore. Shit i dont even watch TUFF anymore.

Never thought i would say this but, ive become a huge NBA fan. Its just so nice having a sport to watch during the week instead of shitty TV shows. Im really into it right now with the playoffs approaching. Im on my 3rd game already today lol
|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

3/4/2018 9:04 PM

ocscottie wrote: "OC scottie where u at?!?!?"

I was watching SX/NBA and UFC all at the same time lol Didnt even check non moto side.

I was ...more

I cant do the NBA. It’s ref’d so poorly that I just cannot enjoy watching it. It’s not basketball.

And I refuse to watch NCAA basketball as well. Too corrupt. I cant support that shit.

I love basketball tho.

|

3/4/2018 9:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 9:05 PM

"it was rumored Conor got $30m"

What are you smoking bro? i want some of that! whistling

I also HATE College ball with a passion.
|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

3/5/2018 7:07 AM

I just don't see Conor fighting again. He gets to go out on top without defending (and/or) losing his title in the octagon.

|

No Signature.

3/5/2018 7:40 AM

Olympic gold medalist in wrestling kyle snyder has offered to train conor for khabib fight.

|

3/5/2018 10:41 AM

ocscottie wrote: "it was rumored Conor got $30m"

What are you smoking bro? i want some of that! whistling

I also HATE College ball with a passion.

Honestly, the numbers are all over the map.

I’ve heard as little as $3m for the Diaz fight. And as little as $30m for the Mayweather fight.

Nobody really knows.

I think the UFC does itself a disservice by not making the figures public. Letting people know how much money is in the sport is a easy way to increase interest and youth participation.

|

3/5/2018 10:46 AM

How about Sugar Sean O'Malley ?

That kid is fun to watch.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Sean-O-Malley

|

I have the right to remain awesome.

3/5/2018 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2018 1:27 PM

motosmith wrote:

How about Sugar Sean O'Malley ?

That kid is fun to watch.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Sean-O-Malley

Definitely.

There is so much talent in the 145 & 155 divisions right now.

|