Trump Ukraine Question I did not realize

flarider
Edited Date/Time 3/23/2022 11:42am
Why did the Trump Campaign in 2016, under the guidance of Paul Manifort at the time, change the GOP platform to weaken our support of Ukraine?

Back in 2016

and again in 2020

The absence of an updated Republican party platform for the 2020 election is allowing President Trump to avoid hard commitments on the sensitive foreign policy issue of Ukraine, where his withholding of $400 million in military assistance was at the heart of his impeachment by the House.

The GOP’s decision to preserve the 2016 platform keeps in place toned down language related to Ukraine that was negotiated at the time by Trump’s then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who is serving a seven and a half year prison sentence on charges brought by special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the U.S. elections.

Manafort, who was found by the Senate Intelligence Committee to have had direct contacts with Russian intelligence officials during the 2016 campaign, successfully removed any commitments to lethal military assistance to Kyiv as part of efforts to soften language towards Moscow.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/514164-ukraine-language-in-gop…

All the way back to Trump's original platform, it was anti-Ukraine

anyone know why?
I can't figure it out

For more google "manaforts change of republican platform" and "2016 GOP platform change"
|
whyZ
3/11/2022 2:04pm
Have you really nothing better to do?
flarider
3/11/2022 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2022 2:12pm
whyZ wrote:
Have you really nothing better to do?
Education is bad?

Reading about world events and getting here is bad?

Your reply does make me understand somethings a little better though, I think
nytsmaC
3/11/2022 2:18pm
When will your erection for Trump subside?
Muttly
3/11/2022 2:18pm
flarider wrote:
Why did the Trump Campaign in 2016, under the guidance of Paul Manifort at the time, change the GOP platform to weaken our support of Ukraine...
Why did the Trump Campaign in 2016, under the guidance of Paul Manifort at the time, change the GOP platform to weaken our support of Ukraine?

Back in 2016

and again in 2020

The absence of an updated Republican party platform for the 2020 election is allowing President Trump to avoid hard commitments on the sensitive foreign policy issue of Ukraine, where his withholding of $400 million in military assistance was at the heart of his impeachment by the House.

The GOP’s decision to preserve the 2016 platform keeps in place toned down language related to Ukraine that was negotiated at the time by Trump’s then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who is serving a seven and a half year prison sentence on charges brought by special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the U.S. elections.

Manafort, who was found by the Senate Intelligence Committee to have had direct contacts with Russian intelligence officials during the 2016 campaign, successfully removed any commitments to lethal military assistance to Kyiv as part of efforts to soften language towards Moscow.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/514164-ukraine-language-in-gop…

All the way back to Trump's original platform, it was anti-Ukraine

anyone know why?
I can't figure it out

For more google "manaforts change of republican platform" and "2016 GOP platform change"
I’ve been asking that same question. But I’m also asking why Joe was up to his nose in Ukrainian business. That’s not partisan, honestly want to know what all of them are up to.

There’s more to this story……..

Seems the US has been delving in to Ukraine for sometime.

The Shop

flarider
3/11/2022 2:21pm
The son part I get, the guy's a loser who was trading on the family name, nothing new with that
flarider
3/11/2022 2:21pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Education is bad?

TeamGreen
3/11/2022 2:22pm
In the end, what was Trump's "Military Assistance" when compared to Obama's?

Javelin Missiles versus Blankets...if I recall...from The Political Fervor of the era.

"The Trump administration first approved the sale of Javelins to Ukraine in December 2017 -- a step that former President Barack Obama never took and that Trump allies have pointed to as a sign of Trump's toughness on Russia. Ukraine has been fighting Russian-armed and led separatists in its eastern provinces since 2014, shortly after Russia illegally occupied and annexed Crimea, in a war that has claimed approximately 13,000 lives and displaced 1.5 million people, according to the Ukrainian government."

Article...from a source that "my team" doesn't like...which is why I 'went there'...Grinning

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Non-Moto,21/Trump-Ukraine-Question-I-did-not-realize,1400332?unread

And, to be clear, this is all from 'the phone call' that begot an Impeachment. Pinch

A question, where's the impeachment for the guy that surrendered Afghanistan to a bunch of terrorists?
(Asking for a friend Cool )
TeamGreen
3/11/2022 2:24pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Sir, in this world of recognizing people have different life-styles, we like to end these comments with:

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Thank you.
nytsmaC
3/11/2022 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2022 2:27pm
flarider wrote:
Education is bad?

Yeah, education and reading about world events is bad. That’s what I said, good reading comprehension skills you’ve got there.

All roads lead to Trump with you. It’s amazing, and a little disconcerting. Maybe you should get help as you clearly can’t get past it. That’s all.
Muttly
3/11/2022 2:25pm
flarider wrote:
The son part I get, the guy's a loser who was trading on the family name, nothing new with that
The son was selling his Dad’s influence. Trump is corrupt, Biden is corrupt, they’re all corrupt.

Did you read my opinion in the Dumbgeon about politicians, lawyers, and short ropes? 🤠
indy_maico
3/11/2022 3:06pm
TeamGreen wrote:
In the end, what was Trump's "Military Assistance" when compared to Obama's? Javelin Missiles versus Blankets...if I recall...from The Political Fervor of the era. "The Trump...

Javelin Missiles versus Blankets...if I recall...from The Political Fervor of the era.

"The Trump administration first approved the sale of Javelins to Ukraine in December 2017 -- a step that former President Barack Obama never took and that Trump allies have pointed to as a sign of Trump's toughness on Russia. Ukraine has been fighting Russian-armed and led separatists in its eastern provinces since 2014, shortly after Russia illegally occupied and annexed Crimea, in a war that has claimed approximately 13,000 lives and displaced 1.5 million people, according to the Ukrainian government."

Article...from a source that "my team" doesn't like...which is why I 'went there'...Grinning

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Non-Moto,21/Trump-Ukraine-Question-I-did-not-realize,1400332?unread

And, to be clear, this is all from 'the phone call' that begot an Impeachment. Pinch

A question, where's the impeachment for the guy that surrendered Afghanistan to a bunch of terrorists?
By March 2015, the US had committed more than $120 million in security assistance for Ukraine and had pledged an additional $75 million worth of equipment including UAVs, counter-mortar radars, night vision devices and medical supplies, according to the Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency.

That assistance also included some 230 armored Humvee vehicles.

Trump appears to be echoing a critique leveled at the Obama administration by the late Republican Sen. John McCain. “The Ukrainians are being slaughtered and we’re sending blankets and meals,” McCain said in 2015. “Blankets don’t do well against Russian tanks.”

While it never provided lethal aid, many of the items that the Obama administration did provide were seen as critical to Ukraine’s military. Part of the $250 million assistance package that the Trump administration announced (then froze and later unfroze) included many of the same items that were provided under Obama, including medical equipment, night vision gear and counter-artillery radar.

The Trump administration did approve the provision of arms to Ukraine, including sniper rifles, rocket launchers and Javelin anti-tank missiles, something long sought by Kiev.
flarider
3/11/2022 3:14pm
Y'all may be missing my point, why did Manafort have such a hard on with Ukraine?

What if (Conspiracy here), but what if Trump's "deal with the devil," never was with Putin, but was with Manafort, who made a deal with the real devil in this, Putin?

No accusations here, I totally forgot all the 2016 Ukraine part of this. This isn't simply "Hunter got paid," is it? Going back to 2016?

This makes no sense. Why did the GOP allow the platform change at the convention in 2016?
TeamGreen
3/11/2022 3:15pm
TeamGreen wrote:
In the end, what was Trump's "Military Assistance" when compared to Obama's? Javelin Missiles versus Blankets...if I recall...from The Political Fervor of the era. "The Trump...

indy_maico wrote:
By March 2015, the US had committed more than $120 million in security assistance for Ukraine and had pledged an additional $75 million worth of equipment...
By March 2015, the US had committed more than $120 million in security assistance for Ukraine and had pledged an additional $75 million worth of equipment including UAVs, counter-mortar radars, night vision devices and medical supplies, according to the Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency.

That assistance also included some 230 armored Humvee vehicles.

Trump appears to be echoing a critique leveled at the Obama administration by the late Republican Sen. John McCain. “The Ukrainians are being slaughtered and we’re sending blankets and meals,” McCain said in 2015. “Blankets don’t do well against Russian tanks.”

While it never provided lethal aid, many of the items that the Obama administration did provide were seen as critical to Ukraine’s military. Part of the $250 million assistance package that the Trump administration announced (then froze and later unfroze) included many of the same items that were provided under Obama, including medical equipment, night vision gear and counter-artillery radar.

The Trump administration did approve the provision of arms to Ukraine, including sniper rifles, rocket launchers and Javelin anti-tank missiles, something long sought by Kiev.
Javelins..Anti-Tank and VERY EFFECTIVE!!!...as seen on TV yesterday. Grinning

That's what was needed in the beginning.

Anyone ever get a line on "what" UAVs were sent by Obama?
For those of us in the biz, word was the Ravens never got sent...

Trump sent things that were needed to STOP Russians. That's what I get when I read all of the info that's out there from multiple sources.

Btw, where did you get your info? Whistling (Yes, I'm having a little jab with that one. my bad)
flarider
3/11/2022 3:17pm
BTW, I started a new thread to not fuck up the existing Ukraine thread, about the war.

If you'd rather my ask this question in the war thread?
TeamGreen
3/11/2022 3:20pm
flarider wrote:
BTW, I started a new thread to not fuck up the existing Ukraine thread, about the war. If you'd rather my ask this question in the...
BTW, I started a new thread to not fuck up the existing Ukraine thread, about the war.

It's all good
flarider
3/11/2022 3:31pm
Is this true?

Paul Manafort, who was Trump's campaign chief from May to August 2016, spent nearly a decade as a consultant to Ukraine's Party of Regions and its standardbearer, Viktor Yanukovych.

Backed by Russian-leaning oligarchs, the party opposed NATO membership and spouted anti-Western rhetoric that once helped fuel violence against American marines. Its reign ended when Yanukovych fled to Russia after bloody street protests against his personal corruption and pro-Moscow actions.

TeamGreen
3/11/2022 3:45pm
flarider wrote:
Is this true? [quote]Paul Manafort, who was Trump's campaign chief from May to August 2016, spent nearly a decade as a consultant to Ukraine's Party of...
Is this true?

Paul Manafort, who was Trump's campaign chief from May to August 2016, spent nearly a decade as a consultant to Ukraine's Party of Regions and its standardbearer, Viktor Yanukovych.

Backed by Russian-leaning oligarchs, the party opposed NATO membership and spouted anti-Western rhetoric that once helped fuel violence against American marines. Its reign ended when Yanukovych fled to Russia after bloody street protests against his personal corruption and pro-Moscow actions.

Dunno, but, there should be…someday…some disclosed FBI stuff on it from his prosecution
Tank_Slapper
3/11/2022 3:48pm
Photo of Trump not getting his son a job but giving support to Ukraine

14 months into Biden's admin and the world has gone to shit.

flarider
3/11/2022 3:51pm
I admit I missed this first time around, and Trump or not, sure seems fishy

All the way back to 2016, long before the "perfect call," Trump (Or Manafort thru Trump) was trying to cut off and harm Ukraine to the benefit of Russia.

Am I getting that wrong?
nytsmaC
3/11/2022 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2022 4:15pm
flarider wrote:
I admit I missed this first time around, and Trump or not, sure seems fishy All the way back to 2016, long before the "perfect call,"...
I admit I missed this first time around, and Trump or not, sure seems fishy

All the way back to 2016, long before the "perfect call," Trump (Or Manafort thru Trump) was trying to cut off and harm Ukraine to the benefit of Russia.

Am I getting that wrong?
Is it possible that he was trying to pre-emptively avoid what we’re dealing with now? Maybe that’s giving him too much credit but suppose he knew this would be the result of letting things play out..
flarider
3/11/2022 4:20pm
By holding back what Ukraine needed to defend itself?
Natester551v
3/11/2022 4:21pm
flarider wrote:
BTW, I started a new thread to not fuck up the existing Ukraine thread, about the war. If you'd rather my ask this question in the...

I'd rather you just stopped posting entirely, but that's just me. It's exhausting....
Muttly
3/11/2022 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2022 4:24pm
Photo of Trump not getting his son a job but giving support to Ukraine 14 months into Biden's admin and the world has gone to shit...

The World has gone to shittier?

‘Cause it was under the other guys watch that we got home confinement and face diapers.
rucka356
3/11/2022 5:26pm
If you think back to early in his presidency he was not sure he trusted Ukraine because of the shenanigans with Hunter and Joe, so he held back on the $400M. Once he felt he could trust them he released the aid and actually provided the weaponry, which far exceeds the blankets the previous team gave them.
Yeti831
3/11/2022 5:44pm
Photo of Trump not getting his son a job but giving support to Ukraine 14 months into Biden's admin and the world has gone to shit...

Muttly wrote:
The World has gone to shittier?

‘Cause it was under the other guys watch that we got home confinement and face diapers.
And which side was constantly shutting down businesses and handing down stringent mandates?

Go ahead, I’ll wait.
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
3/11/2022 5:52pm
flarider wrote:

I'd rather you just stopped posting entirely, but that's just me. It's exhausting....
He’s definitely the most disliked person here. The constant shit posting is pathetic.
TeamGreen
3/11/2022 6:04pm
flarider wrote:

agn5008 wrote:
He’s definitely the most disliked person here. The constant shit posting is pathetic.
As a "Right Side of the Aisle Complete Ass Hole", myself, and as someone that's had Full On Personal Shit Talking Blow Outs with him in other corners of the Webisphere...where I was EVERY BIT as huge of an ass hole as he...

I can honestly say...or ask...'WhyTF are we singling him out?" There are SOOOOOOO MANY instigators and shit talkers, name-callers, shit-disturbers, trouble makers...and my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES...The Virtuous Righteous Narrative Followers Of The Mainstream Media or...the WORST!...Doctorates of Social Media...

Yet, we're gonna single-out Dave? Nah. I don't think so. We...y'all...everyone...is..are...better than that.
Besides, you guys are dealing with Dave-Light.
Woohoo

Dave and I disagree on A LOT of shit.
He brings up A LOT of shit.
I stir up A LOT of shit in my posts, questions and responses.

It's the Web!

Someone has to post the Lighten Up, Francis thing...NOW!
Grinning

If Dave and I can bury the hatchet? Well, then, y'all need to think on this a bit.

I'm jus' sayin'...
(Historically, that phrase pisses Dave OFF; so, that's another thing that's ALL HIS FAULT! Huh )
Titan1
3/11/2022 6:08pm
flarider wrote:

agn5008 wrote:
He and I will disagree on most everything…but I’ve found in all my disagreements with him, that-with a few possible exceptions-he treats people the way they treat him.

And even though we will disagree…No part of me hates him, or wants him to stop posting. Stay on topic? Just let something’s go sometimes? Sure and sure…but I don’t hate or even dislike him….and I’m sure I’m not alone.

Post a reply to: Trump Ukraine Question I did not realize

The Latest