Tropical honeymoon location where I can do something MOTO related?

2/6/2018 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2018 9:20am
Getting married this August, and she's pressing me to start figuring out the honeymoon. She definitely wants the typical "tropical island / beaches" honeymoon deal, but I'm determined to find a way to incorporate something moto related into the trip...

I found a moto adventures company in Costa Rica http://www.costaricaunlimited.com/ Anyone done this or something similar anywhere else that fits the "tropical honeymoon" requirement? Obviously I'd only be able to swing a day trip of riding (while she gets pampered for a spa day or massages or whatever those cucumbers on the eyes thing is)..

Any input is much appreciated!

|
TXDirt
2/6/2018 5:59pm
It’s your honeymoon. Motorboat is all the Moto you need!!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/6/2018 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 6:05pm
It's one/two weeks of your life. Forget about moto and enjoy other wonderful things with the wife.

That's what I would do.
TXDirt
2/6/2018 6:08pm
You need to go with wife and get pampered. Moto can wait. If she wants the typical honeymoon then that’s what you give her. And you spend time with her doing what she wants to do. She will spend plenty of time putting up with your shit.
scooter5002
2/6/2018 6:11pm
I’ve done Jamaica twice, last time was Runaway Bay. Nothing even remotely Moto there, I’d suggest making BrrrrrrAAAAAPPP! noises, while doing the wild thing.

Oh ya, congrats.

Poor bastard.

The Shop

TXDirt
2/6/2018 6:14pm
And I’m sure you will say “she is fine with me going out for a day” blah blah blah.

Don’t do it.

You will both sacrifice different things to meet the others needs. This is part of marriage.

She probably dreamed of her wedding day her whole life. Doesn’t matter what she tells you. The honeymoon and wedding are all connected. Give her this week or two weeks. Looks like she deserves it. And if she didn’t then doubt you would be marrying her.

Moto will be there when you get back.
2/6/2018 6:16pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
It's one/two weeks of your life. Forget about moto and enjoy other wonderful things with the wife.

That's what I would do.
The best part, is that she's such an amazing girl, that if there actually is something moto related wherever we go, she'd want me to experience it because she totally understands my obsession. Yup, she's a keeper.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/6/2018 6:16pm
Don't forget "Happy wife, happy life."

Bali
Bora Bora
Turks & Caicos
Tahiti
Mo'orea
Aitutaki

Plenty of places for you guys to go. Put a bunch of places in a hat and draw one out.
2/6/2018 6:18pm
Hate you guys. lol. Kidding. I hear ya, I hear ya.... (still open to suggestions Smile )
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/6/2018 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 6:28pm
Hate you guys. lol. Kidding. I hear ya, I hear ya.... (still open to suggestions Smile )
There's a reason she wants that type of honeymoon and like TXDirt mentioned she's more than likely been dreaming of that day ever since she was a young teen.

Besides you never know what could happen if you go out riding. Just imagine something goes wrong and you end up breaking an arm or ankle. Pretty sure the last thing she wants to do on your honeymoon is sit in a hospital. No matter how much she understands your passion/obsession that wouldn't make for great memories.

Skip the moto and whenever the MXdN goes to a country you're interested in visiting book a week off, watch the race, tour the region and do a little moto there instead. Win win for you both.
TXDirt
2/6/2018 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 6:54pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

That's what I would do.
The best part, is that she's such an amazing girl, that if there actually is something moto related wherever we go, she'd want me to experience...
The best part, is that she's such an amazing girl, that if there actually is something moto related wherever we go, she'd want me to experience it because she totally understands my obsession. Yup, she's a keeper.
Bro, that’s what she says. You will never know how she feels. Put the moto aside and give this girl everything you got for two weeks.

You got a great opportunity in front of you. Don’t get selfish. If this is your girl then fuck moto for a few weeks.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
2/6/2018 7:34pm
do whatever she wants...if you start jonesin for moto..order some parts or something or visit here
JRT812
2/6/2018 8:21pm
TXDirt wrote:
It’s your honeymoon. Motorboat is all the Moto you need!!
X2 and put moto aside for a moment. Hang and enjoy the beginning of this ride. I did something similar on a smaller scale and she was amazingly cool with it all! However, looking back I wish it was centered around her/us instead of me.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
2/6/2018 8:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's a reason she wants that type of honeymoon and like TXDirt mentioned she's more than likely been dreaming of that day ever since she was...
There's a reason she wants that type of honeymoon and like TXDirt mentioned she's more than likely been dreaming of that day ever since she was a young teen.

Besides you never know what could happen if you go out riding. Just imagine something goes wrong and you end up breaking an arm or ankle. Pretty sure the last thing she wants to do on your honeymoon is sit in a hospital. No matter how much she understands your passion/obsession that wouldn't make for great memories.

Skip the moto and whenever the MXdN goes to a country you're interested in visiting book a week off, watch the race, tour the region and do a little moto there instead. Win win for you both.
agree with this, a MXDN in Europe is unreal, and should be on every moto head bucket list,

the other option is the GP on Indonesia, but the island its on is not a hotspot for tourists, but going their and then Bali could do the trick,
whyZ
2/7/2018 8:28am
If you really need a moto fix, I would assume most any tourist spot you end up at will probably have side-by-sides to rent. A picnic basket, ice chest, beach towels and your bride by your side sounds like a pretty good time to me.
2/7/2018 8:56am
forget moto for a week. Even is she seems cool with it, years down the road if you get in a tiff, I can hear it now "and remember our honeymoon! We did moto because YOU wanted to!"
but of course you'll never argue

have fun no matter what you do. Honeymoons are always the best vacations.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
2/7/2018 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 4:43pm
Saw this in Playa Del Carmen on our way downtown...it’s all the moto I needed on my honeymoon..

Probably get kidnapped if you tried riding on it.

kkawboy14
2/8/2018 6:04pm
Go to Miami or Jacksonville and take your own stuff
2/9/2018 7:28am

Every time you're in the doghouse you'll hear about how you ditched her to ride dirt bikes. Go on a hike take a blanket and some wine and bang in the jungle like animals instead.

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
2/10/2018 7:31am
Like everyone said, focus on her. Moto doesn't care if you take a 2 week vacation. Your marriage is like moto in the sense that the more you put in, the more you get out. Don't hole shot and then jump off the track before even the first turn.
I say this with 30+ years experience.
Having said that, if your after touristy resorts, Cancun. More intamite, St Croix. But don't know how things are after damage last year.
A very fun memoriable day would be both taking a supervised intro to scuba day. She will get hooked and you'll be on that Costa Rica trip with moto day before you know it, as a scuba trip of course! Wink
TM,
You're welcome
JPT
2/10/2018 9:20am
You're getting some solid advice on here. When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was "oh man!"

With 43 years of marriage under my belt I can tell you that skipping the moto on the honeymoon will pay off for you in the long run. I can practically guarantee that if you go ride, no matter what she says now, it will come up repeatedly at times unfortunate for you.

So, you want to enjoy moto through out your marriage? Forget this idea and make the honeymoon about the two of you.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/10/2018 10:04am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2018 10:09am
The only moto related thing F150 needs on the honeymoon

Post a reply to: Tropical honeymoon location where I can do something MOTO related?

The Latest