Tragedy in Toronto

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2018 2:58 PM

9 dead from a wacko who rented a van and plowed down a bunch of people just living life. Probably not guilty of anything but trying to enjoy life.
Why are all these sick people coming out of the woodwork lately. Breaks ones heart to read this stuff.

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

4/23/2018 3:19 PM

heartbreaking.

i watched the video of him being arrested, he was pointing his phone at the cop and kept reaching for his pocket, trying for a suicide by officer. i'm glad they arrested his sorry ass.

|

4/23/2018 4:39 PM

Why? Because they keep plastering their fucking name and life story all over the news just like they desire. Report the incident and the victims, but stop giving these people the time of day so they can die like the pathetic, obscure POS they really are.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

4/23/2018 4:45 PM

peelout wrote:

heartbreaking.

i watched the video of him being arrested, he was pointing his phone at the cop and kept reaching for his ...more

Situations like this and my gut reaction is I wish they shot him. Maybe there is something to be learned by arresting him but I'm not sure what it is.
TM

|

4/23/2018 5:03 PM

I know I'm a liberal snowflake but just like the waffle house shooter....lots of people knew he had bad mental problems but no one ever said, "holy fuck...this guy is a danger to society". I'm not saying your pissed off neighbor should be able to put you on some list but when you have cops called cause you're outta control....you go on the list.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

4/23/2018 5:04 PM

JM485 wrote:

Why? Because they keep plastering their fucking name and life story all over the news just like they desire. Report the ...more

I don’t think it’s recognition as much as we are showing people who would like to commit acts of mass violence how to most effectively do so.........

|

4/23/2018 5:56 PM

I am very torn on these issues. My first gut reaction is that the cops should just put a round straight through these evil bastards heads. Save everyone a lot of time and money. On the other hand, I see the news and video cams of cops that are out of control. Before anyone says a fucking word about, "if you aren't guilty you got nothing to worry about"....let me tell you a story.

My youngest daughter is best friends with a Nigerian young man, named Obi. He just happens to work for the same company I do. I've gotten to know him...Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners, summertime bbqs....and just coming over to hang out. I don't know a more stand-up individual. My daughter has epilepsy and can't drive. He makes the 100 mile round trip out to our place to make sure she gets out of the house regularly to visit friends. And brings her home. A decent man that loves my family and THIS country.

Here's where the shit part comes in. My daughter was invited to the wedding of a high school friend. Obi drove her there. On the way back to our house he was stopped in a small town by the local police. No reason given. Just DWB (driving while black). My daughter was so embarrassed because she says the cop tried everything to get Obi to be upset and mouth off. I asked him how he felt about it and he was totally cool. He said the only difference between here and Nigeria is the color of the cop. Same hate and abuse of power.

This is the Fucking USA....aren't we better than this?

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

4/23/2018 6:44 PM

Another sickening act by a sick evil person. Wish there was an answer to stopping these horrible events.

Plowboy, didn't your last few sentences contradict the race narrative?

|

4/23/2018 8:29 PM

Cue Wombat in 5-4-3.... to call for a ban on VANS !

|

4/23/2018 10:11 PM

JM485 wrote:

Why? Because they keep plastering their fucking name and life story all over the news just like they desire. Report the ...more

i agree with this, the press makes them famous, and in the fucked up world we live in being famous is seen as an end all, and the mentally unstable see this as worth taking innocent lives for,

|

4/24/2018 5:08 AM

plowboy wrote:

I am very torn on these issues. My first gut reaction is that the cops should just put a round straight through these evil ...more

Pretty sure the officer told them why there were stopped. Were you there? Or just going by their story. Always two sides.

|

4/24/2018 5:28 AM

plowboy wrote:

I am very torn on these issues. My first gut reaction is that the cops should just put a round straight through these evil ...more

mxb2 wrote:

Pretty sure the officer told them why there were stopped. Were you there? Or just going by their story. Always two sides.

They've always told me why ,even when I was stopped for being white in a black neighborhood . He came right out and said it.

|

4/24/2018 5:41 AM

plowboy wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

MR. X wrote:

They've always told me why ,even when I was stopped for being white in a black neighborhood . He came right out and said it.

X2, and if you did nothing wrong, 2 minutes of your time and drive away. If it was a bad stop, people are free to go to the station and file a complaint.

|

4/24/2018 5:53 AM

plowboy wrote:

My take is this, there are pad people in all walks of life.
Why do people think there are not a few bad apples in the PD?
Because there are a few bad ones, you can't paint them all bad.
My guess is there are less bad apples by percentage than in other walks of life,
but you hear more about it than say bad people in the construction or finance industry.
How many other people just out right steal your money in other industries?
Probably a shit ton, you just hear very little about it because there is no interest.
But have a bad experience with the cops and it goes viral. And of those, I believe
only some of those are legitimate, many are provoked and are just a bad response.
I know many LEOs that I'd be proud to say are my friends, can't imagine them
thinking bad behavior is OK on any level. At the end of the day they are just people,
some are bad, sometimes they are just having a bad day.
TM

|

4/24/2018 7:12 AM

JM485 wrote:

Ya man, then a week later (after whatever tragedy) they do a "lets get more in depth on who Joe POS was" and do a story on their pathetic life.

|

4/24/2018 7:54 AM

The way the Police Officer handled that situation was unreal.

Hard to say, I’m not trained in law enforcement, but I think I would have emptied the clip while peeing my pants.

Seemed strange in such a huge criminal episode it was seemed very one on one.

Our countries motto is pretty non-violent and tolerant, hate to see this.

Lack of mental health funding hurts everyone, but I don’t think this has anything to do with mental health, seemed to be pure hate for.....not being successful picking up women. WTF?

At our Provincial legislature there are new concrete posts all around the lawn so people can protest in safety.
I thought, great.....government wasting money again, but I guess not.

I can see a change in urban planing. ie More street closed off to vehicles, and more concrete posts.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

4/24/2018 8:24 AM

Yzf916 wrote:

Cue Wombat in 5-4-3.... to call for a ban on VANS !

The reading comprehension around these parts is heartbreakingly low.

|

4/24/2018 9:34 AM

I'm glad they kept the piece of shit alive. Now he can rot in a cell for years for what he did.

I never thought we would see this kind of thing in Canada. Its hard not to jump to conclusions, but all I keep asking myself is WHY? Why would someone do this? Was it mental? Was it terrorism? Nobody knows yet, and I don't think anyone will be able to reconcile themselves with this until the motive is revealed.

Photo

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2022 KTM 125SX
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

4/24/2018 9:42 AM

Proof that people who want to kill randomly, in numbers, will find a way. Mental illness? Maybe he was perfectly fine, and just snapped. It happens. Whatever his motive, this only proves that it can happen anywhere, any time. While I would’ve liked to have seen him receive multiple exit wounds, the cops handled it well. Sadly, the downside is, far too much money will be wasted on this asshole, ensuring his rights are recognized. Ironically, something he failed to consider, for his victims. I’m sure Trudeau will be along, to blame his own country, for mistreating this poor soul, and scream that changes will be made.

|

4/24/2018 12:27 PM

I’m not a bleeding heart that doesn’t believe in the death penalty but I am another who is glad they took him alive. The chickenshit way out is to get a bullit to the head and it’s all over, and obviously that is what he wanted. Glad he didn’t get it to go his way n the end. Now this piece of shit will rot in a cell for the rest of his life. Knowing what he did I hope he goes fucking nuts. To me that is much more difficult than the quick way out.

Unbelievable restraint by law enforcement

|

4/24/2018 12:46 PM

peelout wrote:

heartbreaking.

i watched the video of him being arrested, he was pointing his phone at the cop and kept reaching for his ...more

ToolMaker wrote:

Situations like this and my gut reaction is I wish they shot him. Maybe there is something to be learned by arresting him but ...more

It jail there is like here he will get what he has coming many times .

|

4/24/2018 2:11 PM

Weirdo was involuntarily celibate and followed the Incel Portmanteau. http://calgaryherald.com/news/alek-minassian/wcm/c356302f-3e57-4592-b6c2-a2163aee6126

|

4/24/2018 3:46 PM

mxb2 wrote:

You are correct...I was not there. I will tell you my first reaction was to ask if they were speeding, changing lanes without signaling, off the main road, inoperative lights or turn signals. I asked them what reason the officer gave for the stop. Obi said he asked twice why he was stopped. The officer never gave a reason. After the license/insurance check he just told them they were free to go. I would like to believe the cops were looking for someone or had some valid reason for the stop but I know where I live and can no longer assume that every officer of the law wears a white hat. It's a shame that a few bad apples can begin to spread fear and distrust of law enforcement. It's probably past time for the heads of every police, highway patrol, sheriff's dept to weed out the chaff.

I totally support the law enforcement personnel of this country. They have a shitty job but absolutely essential to the well being and survival of the nation. We are lucky to have folks willing to put themselves in harm's way and I believe most do it for reasons other than a paycheck. In order for the system to work the population MUST trust that the officers they encounter will be fair, respectful, and enforcing the law. Not biding their time, waiting for the opportunity to "take a motherfucker out".

|

4/24/2018 4:08 PM

mxb2 wrote:

X2, and if you did nothing wrong, 2 minutes of your time and drive away. If it was a bad stop, people are free to go to the ...more

Honestly, as a white man, I've never worried about getting stopped. 100% of the time I was speeding. I knew it, they knew it....no grief. I have NEVER been stopped without cause. Almost all the black men I work with tell me they get stopped regularly for "license/registration/insurance" check. I don't walk in their shoes and I can tell you for nothing...I'm glad I don't. It's gotta suck being considered a criminal all day every day. Bottom line, not all Americans are measured with the same yardstick.

|

4/24/2018 4:10 PM

There needs to be a movement that promotes all these loser wierdos kill themselves before killing a bunch of innocent people.

|

4/24/2018 4:29 PM

plowboy wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

plowboy wrote:

You are correct...I was not there. I will tell you my first reaction was to ask if they were speeding, changing lanes without ...more

Well said.

|

4/24/2018 4:44 PM

MR. X wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

X2, and if you did nothing wrong, 2 minutes of your time and drive away. If it was a bad stop, people are free to go to the ...more

plowboy wrote:

Honestly, as a white man, I've never worried about getting stopped. 100% of the time I was speeding. I knew it, they knew ...more

I have been stopped many times in dc,baltimore , philly,. White male driver, i did what i was told didnt run my mouth, didnt play the victim,race card 3 minutes of my day, wasnt a big deal , drove away. The officer was doing his job, or maybe some would complain he was at the 7-11 doing nothing. Cant have it both ways.

|

4/24/2018 7:19 PM

Can’t believe cnn even reported this.

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/25/2018 6:45 AM

plowboy wrote:

Honestly, as a white man, I've never worried about getting stopped. 100% of the time I was speeding. I knew it, they knew ...more

I used to travel a lot through the USA and beyond. The things you experience varies dramatically depending on where you go. The LEOs typically deal with the dregs of society day in and day out. I suspect they get a bit hardened over time also.

|

4/25/2018 7:08 AM

mxb2 wrote:

plowboy wrote:

ToolMaker wrote:

I used to travel a lot through the USA and beyond. The things you experience varies dramatically depending on where you go. ...more

I have to agree with this. Sure there are some very bad apples in the bunch with any profession. Law enforcement is no different but as a whole I believe the vast majority of them are actually there to protect and serve, its those that we never hear about...only the fuck ups.

And some areas the citizens want the police dead, in those areas I imagine you would be a little trigger happy. That being said there are disgusting red necks in certain parts of the country who will pull people over based on race and there isn’t much that can be done except to weed them out if they do not follow proper procedure

|