anyone know any good Traffic Ticket Lawyers?

Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 8:22am
Got a speeding ticket. The officer didnt even get my signature on the citation. Im not sure if that matters or helps my case.

Yall ever used 1-800-citation? Or ticket services like them? I see these billboards and ads where they say they will fight it for $99

Then I call and it's $300-750 in retainer fees.

The ticket is $350. Not sure why it's worth it to spend another $300 to fight it when I'll probably end up with traffic school anyways.

The citation was in Fresno, CA btw.

|
huck
5/15/2018 12:06pm
You did the crime, now do the time....

Best bet is to show up to court, and plead as a first offender.
akillerwombat
5/15/2018 12:13pm
Show up, be easy, and opt for traffic school.

You can usually do it online and knock it out in half a Saturday.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/15/2018 12:16pm

Ya, this. I got popped for a 3-400 ticket last year and just paid it and did the online traffic school so my insurance wouldn't take a hit. Took me like 20 minutes or something.

The Shop

SCR
5/15/2018 12:33pm
Why are you trying to get out of the ticket ?
We're you speeding, or was it just one of those bully cops you refered to, that go around shooting people at alarming rates.
Your lucky he didn't shoot you in the face.
TXDirt
5/15/2018 12:35pm
SCR wrote:
Why are you trying to get out of the ticket ? We're you speeding, or was it just one of those bully cops you refered to...
Why are you trying to get out of the ticket ?
We're you speeding, or was it just one of those bully cops you refered to, that go around shooting people at alarming rates.
Your lucky he didn't shoot you in the face.
lol I was thinking that but didn't want to say it.

Heard it was just a flesh wound and he will heal up just fine. Cell phone footage to be posted later.
5/15/2018 12:39pm

I dont live remotely close to the city/courthouse. I was in the area for work.
MR. X
5/15/2018 1:10pm
What state ? In NY ,the normal thing to do is plead not guilty ,they reduce it to a non moving violation and the town keeps the money instead of sending the fine to the state for a speeding ticket. I recently got an 81 in a 55 , i was looking at 6 points and 350 fine . I plead guilty to J walking instead ,got 0 points and paid a 300 fine . All through the mail ,never went to court.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/15/2018 1:13pm
Jabroni, my friend has used one of those services twice in the past few years and got out of both tickets for $99 each. I will try and get you the info, it was down in the San Diego area. He said it’s not guaranteed but he is two for two.

Sounds like the lawyer changes court dates, moves it to other areas, etc and then the officer won’t take the time to show up and it’s dismissed. He didn’t mention any fees other than the 99.
5/15/2018 1:25pm
KennyT wrote:
Jabroni, my friend has used one of those services twice in the past few years and got out of both tickets for $99 each. I will...
Jabroni, my friend has used one of those services twice in the past few years and got out of both tickets for $99 each. I will try and get you the info, it was down in the San Diego area. He said it’s not guaranteed but he is two for two.

Sounds like the lawyer changes court dates, moves it to other areas, etc and then the officer won’t take the time to show up and it’s dismissed. He didn’t mention any fees other than the 99.
Thanks Kenny. That’s exactly what I was looking for.
peelout
5/15/2018 1:53pm

seth505 wrote:
Ya, this. I got popped for a 3-400 ticket last year and just paid it and did the online traffic school so my insurance wouldn't take...
Ya, this. I got popped for a 3-400 ticket last year and just paid it and did the online traffic school so my insurance wouldn't take a hit. Took me like 20 minutes or something.
that's bullshit, i sat my happy ass in an overcrowded room for an hour next to a fat girl hacking up God-knows-what and someone's 2 year old running around without shoes and could hardly hear the video we were forced to watch. it was horrible.

but my insurance didn't take a hit.

10/10 would do again.
MR. X
5/15/2018 2:10pm
peelout wrote:
that's bullshit, i sat my happy ass in an overcrowded room for an hour next to a fat girl hacking up God-knows-what and someone's 2 year...
that's bullshit, i sat my happy ass in an overcrowded room for an hour next to a fat girl hacking up God-knows-what and someone's 2 year old running around without shoes and could hardly hear the video we were forced to watch. it was horrible.

10/10 would do again.
How was she ... ? The fat girl
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/15/2018 2:13pm
KennyT wrote:
Jabroni, my friend has used one of those services twice in the past few years and got out of both tickets for $99 each. I will...

Thanks Kenny. That’s exactly what I was looking for.
Here u go....hope t works out for you. Just be aware he didn’t guarantee anything but he did get my friend off of two citations
XXVoid MainXX
5/15/2018 3:11pm
It depends on what state you're in. I regularly get tickets in Missouri and Illinois and I have had a clean record for about 20 years now. Smile I have to be more careful in IL but I don't need a Lawyer there. In IL if you get a ticket you can elect to do court supervision which is where you pay a little more and they put the ticket in a drawer. If you don't get another ticket in 6 months (depending on county) they just throw it away like nothing ever happened. Then there is this one county where I was leading a group of about 10 of my buddies on bikes and we were obeying the speed limit for the entire ride, except for this one little section I decided to open it up for 5 seconds. Cop clocked me at 108 (I was probably just shifting into 2nd at that time because I am sure I got it up over 160 or 170 before letting off). My buddies in the back of the pack said a cop pulled out behind them (I never saw him obviously). I slowed down to 45 and waited about 15 minutes for him to catch up to me. He flagged us all over and gave every one of us all tickets. Smile It was the Sheriff of the county to boot. But he said, just call up his brother-in-law at the court house and tell him you want it turned into a loud muffler ticket and cut him a check for $250 and you're all set. Smile He told us we could get a Loud Muffler #1, and if we did it again we could get a Loud Muffler #2, and if we did it yet again, we could do court supervision, and then if we did it a 4th time he'd have to give us an actual speeding ticket. Smile

In Missouri I have used 2 different lawyers and have also used Traffic Law Center. They all work the same there. Basically give them 50 or 75 or 100 bucks up front (fees vary) and they'll go to court for you and get it turned into an expensive parking ticket (~$250).

But in all cases it's been no points. They just want their money.
reded
5/15/2018 3:48pm
I got a citation many years back that I felt was unwarranted. Went up to see my DA man, plead my case and he told me to come back in one week. Next week, I showed up, sat down in his office and he says, " Son, you've got two options. You can go up to the courthouse and give them $40....CAAASSHH.......or you can contest this on your own at your court appearance and lose." I opted for number one as he said with a smile, "I'll call the county clerk to notify her that you're on your way."
TXDirt
5/15/2018 4:00pm
It depends on what state you're in. I regularly get tickets in Missouri and Illinois and I have had a clean record for about 20 years...
It depends on what state you're in. I regularly get tickets in Missouri and Illinois and I have had a clean record for about 20 years now. Smile I have to be more careful in IL but I don't need a Lawyer there. In IL if you get a ticket you can elect to do court supervision which is where you pay a little more and they put the ticket in a drawer. If you don't get another ticket in 6 months (depending on county) they just throw it away like nothing ever happened. Then there is this one county where I was leading a group of about 10 of my buddies on bikes and we were obeying the speed limit for the entire ride, except for this one little section I decided to open it up for 5 seconds. Cop clocked me at 108 (I was probably just shifting into 2nd at that time because I am sure I got it up over 160 or 170 before letting off). My buddies in the back of the pack said a cop pulled out behind them (I never saw him obviously). I slowed down to 45 and waited about 15 minutes for him to catch up to me. He flagged us all over and gave every one of us all tickets. Smile It was the Sheriff of the county to boot. But he said, just call up his brother-in-law at the court house and tell him you want it turned into a loud muffler ticket and cut him a check for $250 and you're all set. Smile He told us we could get a Loud Muffler #1, and if we did it again we could get a Loud Muffler #2, and if we did it yet again, we could do court supervision, and then if we did it a 4th time he'd have to give us an actual speeding ticket. Smile

In Missouri I have used 2 different lawyers and have also used Traffic Law Center. They all work the same there. Basically give them 50 or 75 or 100 bucks up front (fees vary) and they'll go to court for you and get it turned into an expensive parking ticket (~$250).

So what you are saying is you were unlawfully pulled over, and then further, violently extracted for your vehicle with no basis of a crime being committed. You had to fight for your life, which the officer said you were resisting arrest and going for his weapon....

Thank the lord you are alive today to tell your story!!
peelout
5/15/2018 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 4:15pm
peelout wrote:
that's bullshit, i sat my happy ass in an overcrowded room for an hour next to a fat girl hacking up God-knows-what and someone's 2 year...

10/10 would do again.
MR. X wrote:
i already gave a 10/10 bro, what more can i say
XXVoid MainXX
5/15/2018 4:18pm
It depends on what state you're in. I regularly get tickets in Missouri and Illinois and I have had a clean record for about 20 years...

TXDirt wrote:
So what you are saying is you were unlawfully pulled over, and then further, violently extracted for your vehicle with no basis of a crime being...
So what you are saying is you were unlawfully pulled over, and then further, violently extracted for your vehicle with no basis of a crime being committed. You had to fight for your life, which the officer said you were resisting arrest and going for his weapon....

Ha ha. Hey, I play by the rules. I don't run. I am nice to the officers. I just pay to play. It works out great for both parties. Smile
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
5/15/2018 5:07pm
You really don't need to show up. You can do everything by mail. If cost is not an issue I'd just go that route.
Also, you should check if CA even shares information with your state. It's possible they don't share in which case there is no insurance penalty.
If you actually want to fight it, (which you probably don't) there is an option that you can have a trial by mail where
you write down what happened send it to the court and usually the officer doesn't send in a letter of response. In this case charges get dropped. If the officer does respond and you lose, you can request a new trial like that never happened, and try all over again. Officers get paid to show up, but not write letters.
Easiest way is to pay by mail and be done. And it's not always the ticket cost but all the fees they tack on. Sick
TM
APLMAN99
5/15/2018 5:13pm
huck wrote:

That's okay if you are only worried about the short term fine. But if you have others in your household who also have a ticket or two, it might not be a good idea.

I "think" that most courts are pretty much the same in this respect; you either plead guilty or not. If you plead guilty but want to explain some mitigating circumstances, you might get the fine reduced to a single dollar, but your insurance company will still count it the same as if you paid the full amount.

If you want it to not be a potential ding on your insurance, you have to plead not guilty and prevail. If it's your first ticket in forever, no collision accidents, no one else in the house with those either, then just trying to reduce the fine is probably a decent idea, though.
TXDirt
5/15/2018 5:23pm

TXDirt wrote:
So what you are saying is you were unlawfully pulled over, and then further, violently extracted for your vehicle with no basis of a crime being...

Ha ha. Hey, I play by the rules. I don't run. I am nice to the officers. I just pay to play. It works out great...
Ha ha. Hey, I play by the rules. I don't run. I am nice to the officers. I just pay to play. It works out great for both parties. Smile
Glad you made it out alive so you could tell your side of the story!
newmann
5/15/2018 5:38pm
peelout wrote:

10/10 would do again.
MR. X wrote:
LaughingLaughing Same thing I was thinking...lol.
JPT
5/16/2018 2:11pm
Speed limit +6, they don't bother.
5/16/2018 2:24pm
JPT wrote:
Speed limit +6, they don't bother.
I've always found speed limit +10 and they dont bother.

What got me was I was going with the flow of traffic. Everyone was doing 85. Then the cars in front and to the side of me slammed on their brakes. They saw the speed trap up ahead. I didnt. So not only was I doing 85, but I was now blowing by all the people that were in my pack of cars.

It wasn't a good look.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
5/16/2018 4:55pm
huck wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
That's okay if you are only worried about the short term fine. But if you have others in your household who also have a ticket or...
That's okay if you are only worried about the short term fine. But if you have others in your household who also have a ticket or two, it might not be a good idea.

I "think" that most courts are pretty much the same in this respect; you either plead guilty or not. If you plead guilty but want to explain some mitigating circumstances, you might get the fine reduced to a single dollar, but your insurance company will still count it the same as if you paid the full amount.

If you want it to not be a potential ding on your insurance, you have to plead not guilty and prevail. If it's your first ticket in forever, no collision accidents, no one else in the house with those either, then just trying to reduce the fine is probably a decent idea, though.
In CA they let you do traffic school and keep the points off your record if you plead guilty. Then probation of one year with no tickets to keep it off.
You still have to pay all penalties and court costs. Your first appearance you ask for this and can also ask for lower fine, may or may not get.
jeffro503
5/16/2018 7:00pm
All this advice is just silly , and will get you no where. You need to go to that court room and look that damn judge and cop in the face , and proclaim yourself as a sovereign citizen!! You don't play by their rules. 70% of the time , It's a guaranteed win half the time. Don't give into the man.....and keep it real! You're so lucky that trigger happy cop didn't fill you full of lead......because they shoot people everyday for no reason at all. Right?
mxb2
5/16/2018 8:17pm
jeffro503 wrote:
All this advice is just silly , and will get you no where. You need to go to that court room and look that damn judge...
All this advice is just silly , and will get you no where. You need to go to that court room and look that damn judge and cop in the face , and proclaim yourself as a sovereign citizen!! You don't play by their rules. 70% of the time , It's a guaranteed win half the time. Don't give into the man.....and keep it real! You're so lucky that trigger happy cop didn't fill you full of lead......because they shoot people everyday for no reason at all. Right?
X2,. Still.waiting on the violent traffic stop video. Tell the judge and courts you know it all on vital and you are another victim.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/16/2018 8:32pm
Just paid the ticket I got for riding my road bike on the wrong side of the street. $197...
JM485
5/16/2018 8:54pm
GuyB wrote:
Just paid the ticket I got for riding my road bike on the wrong side of the street. $197...
Hope you learned your lesson. . .

Run next time!!!Laughing

Post a reply to: anyone know any good Traffic Ticket Lawyers?

The Latest