Toyota Tundra

trae741
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 2:56pm
Anyone else hate their Toyota Tundra? I have a 2005 and everything about it kinda pissed me off. Turn radius is awful and it’s diffcult to park. Don’t even get me started with the ugly factory stereo that makes it look like it’s from 1992. And the interior looks so old. The tailgate hardly opens and it’s pain to get it open. The exhaust sounds bad and weak. Hardly any horsepower for a V8 truck. Other than that the truck is bulletproof and gets the job done. Im looking for better options. What truck should I upgrade to?
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/3/2018 11:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 11:54pm
When I was looking for my new truck it was between the Ram 1500 ford F150 and the Toyota Tundra. The Tundra was the first one I crossed off my list when I drove it because I loved my Tacoma's, I was buying a full loaded truck and the Tundra just looked cheap and felt cheap. I got the Ram 1500 fully loaded and it was a hard choice between it and the F150 because the Ford was nice also. My advice is make a list of what you want then go drive them all,Ram,Ford, Chevy etc and make a list of what you like or don't like on each one and then see what you can get the best deal on. I am a firm believer in buying what you want and don't settle for something that you may hate down the road. do your homework and go from there.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
5/4/2018 5:13am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 5:15am
Aren't you the same goon/troll that was asking some bullshit question in the Moto-Related section under a similar name the other day?

EDIT: That's right, you thought you had Autism. Pretty fucked up.
borg
5/4/2018 5:29am
I make a list when I shop for a truck. The first item on my list is: what does the stereo look like?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
5/4/2018 5:41am
borg wrote:
I make a list when I shop for a truck. The first item on my list is: what does the stereo look like?
There's more trippers everyday in the Moto forum. A heap of moto obsessed midgets!

The Shop

SweetDaddy
5/4/2018 6:12am
I have a 2013 F150 V6 with 98k miles with no issues - next vehicle will be another F150
TXDirt
5/4/2018 7:12am
I don't know anyone who hates their Toyota Tundra.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
5/4/2018 7:17am
TXDirt wrote:
I don't know anyone who hates their Toyota Tundra.
But I bet you know a lot of tundra owners that hate their local gas station Wink
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/4/2018 7:57am
Tundras look like cheap plastic crap when you get inside. That steered me away from ever buying one. Dispute their and reputations the Ram trucks with the big Hemi are awesome trucks. We had a Laramie that was as cushy as a Cadillac and had power to light up the tires when needed.

Ford F150’s are great trucks also. Never owned a Chevy but there are a lot of them in the workforce around here.

I current have a Tacoma that I can’t wait to get rid of. Gutless engine and it’s been in the shop more than any truck I’ve ever owned. And I’m old and have probably bought 20+ trucks over the years. I would have to say out of all of them the Fords have been the most reliable
5/4/2018 8:23am
KennyT wrote:
Tundras look like cheap plastic crap when you get inside. That steered me away from ever buying one. Dispute their and reputations the Ram trucks with...
Tundras look like cheap plastic crap when you get inside. That steered me away from ever buying one. Dispute their and reputations the Ram trucks with the big Hemi are awesome trucks. We had a Laramie that was as cushy as a Cadillac and had power to light up the tires when needed.

Ford F150’s are great trucks also. Never owned a Chevy but there are a lot of them in the workforce around here.

I current have a Tacoma that I can’t wait to get rid of. Gutless engine and it’s been in the shop more than any truck I’ve ever owned. And I’m old and have probably bought 20+ trucks over the years. I would have to say out of all of them the Fords have been the most reliable
Just curious, what year is your Tacoma and what types of problems?
Im looking at trading in my 2011 for a mint 2015 I just found.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
5/4/2018 8:24am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 8:25am
My 2000 Tundra just turned 316K miles. I love this truck, but when it goes I wouldn't get a new one. A used one maybe. New ones are too much $$ and way too tall/big for a work truck. Really wish some manufacturer would make a SMALL diesel truck that got 30 mpg. The technology is there. How about a Prius truck for small delivery companies ? I don't believe this country has any interest in fuel efficient trucks period. They want us buying gas...

How much you want for that pile ?
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/4/2018 8:59am
KennyT wrote:
Tundras look like cheap plastic crap when you get inside. That steered me away from ever buying one. Dispute their and reputations the Ram trucks with...

part-timer wrote:
The one I’ve had trouble with is a 2012 and is nearing 100K miles. It’s been used as my personal truck with a light work load. I’ve had 3 now over the years as work trucks for my helpers that have been pretty durable.

This 2012 has had Various issues that I never dealt with before on any of my vehicles as I usually get rid of them after a few years.

Water pump, transmission wasn’t shifting into the higher cruising gear...didn’t need full replacement but they had to get into it and I was without my truck for a good week. The one thing that pissed me off the most was I pulled into a customers driveway and oil was pouring out of the front end. Probably 2 quarts all over r clients driveway. Anyway I had it towed in and there was a pulley that connected to the block, it cracked and eventually broke and allowed the oil to pour out. Wasn’t a huge expense thankfully, under a thousand. The worse thing was trying to get the driveway cleaned up.

I must say I see a ton of Tacoma’s on the road here in San Diego. I would not steer you away from them as they look cool and I’m sure are very good trucks with tremendous resale value. I’ve just had shit luck with mine and will probably stick to Fords from here on out. I have had a few f150’s over the years with zero issues, and I beat them pretty hard with my work materials/tools. And I’m also getting older and want more cushiness in my ride that the little Tacoma’s just don’t offer.

Anyway I’d say go for it. Just sharing my experience
IWreckALot
5/4/2018 9:13am
KennyT wrote:

part-timer wrote:
I have a 15. I like the interior better than the other major brands out there. I use the bluetooth functionality mostly and everyone I talk to says it blocks out road noise and sounds like I'm talking directly into the mic. I don't really maximize use of the other functions.

I have the 5.7L 4x4 bigass cab option. The rolling down rear window is pretty cool and I use that pretty regularly surprisingly. Backup cam is pretty standard but nice. Honestly, I want to go back to the smaller back seat and bigger bed. Other than that, I'll be buying Tundras for the forseeable future.
5/4/2018 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 2:45pm
KennyT wrote:

part-timer wrote:
KennyT wrote:
The one I’ve had trouble with is a 2012 and is nearing 100K miles. It’s been used as my personal truck with a light work load...
The one I’ve had trouble with is a 2012 and is nearing 100K miles. It’s been used as my personal truck with a light work load. I’ve had 3 now over the years as work trucks for my helpers that have been pretty durable.

This 2012 has had Various issues that I never dealt with before on any of my vehicles as I usually get rid of them after a few years.

Water pump, transmission wasn’t shifting into the higher cruising gear...didn’t need full replacement but they had to get into it and I was without my truck for a good week. The one thing that pissed me off the most was I pulled into a customers driveway and oil was pouring out of the front end. Probably 2 quarts all over r clients driveway. Anyway I had it towed in and there was a pulley that connected to the block, it cracked and eventually broke and allowed the oil to pour out. Wasn’t a huge expense thankfully, under a thousand. The worse thing was trying to get the driveway cleaned up.

I must say I see a ton of Tacoma’s on the road here in San Diego. I would not steer you away from them as they look cool and I’m sure are very good trucks with tremendous resale value. I’ve just had shit luck with mine and will probably stick to Fords from here on out. I have had a few f150’s over the years with zero issues, and I beat them pretty hard with my work materials/tools. And I’m also getting older and want more cushiness in my ride that the little Tacoma’s just don’t offer.

Anyway I’d say go for it. Just sharing my experience
That's weird. I have owned a Tundra and now have a Ranger and Tacoma. They have all been excellent trucks. To be honest, it's all about proper maintenance. I sold the Tundra with over 260K Miles and it never once left me stranded or gave me one single issue. My Ford Ranger is an awesome little truck and has never given me one single issue. However, the Ranger only has 60K miles and it's a weekend truck. My current daily driver is a Tacoma which is amazing! It has 47K miles and I'm confident that it will go 300K without a single issue.

Check out the pictures of my first generation Toyota Tundra. It was a beautiful truck and I sold it for top dollar even with 260K miles. I also attached pictures of my Ranger which is my pride and joy.
Like I said, it's all about proper maintenance. Oil changes at 3K Miles, transmission oil change every 30K, Tire Rotations at 5K Miles, Water Pump/ Timing Belt about every other year, weekly hand washes, quality fuel, etc.. Do proper maintenance and any vehicle should last a lifetime.

LoudLove
5/4/2018 2:56pm
Per KBB, the vehicles with highest 12 and 36 month resell values (based on MSRP) are:
1. Toyota Tacoma
2. Toyota Tundra
3. Toyota 4Runner

This includes all mass-produced vehicles, not just trucks & SUVs. Amazing, industry research ranks each of those vehicles in the lower half of their respective classes.

Post a reply to: Toyota Tundra

The Latest