Tour de France 2017 - Sagan DQ'd from the Tour...

ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/4/2017 10:03am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 4:31am

Such a quick move after Sagan and Cav's sprint finish incident...major facepalm right now...
|
Nighttrain
7/4/2017 11:24am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2017 11:32am
I haven't seen such a load of bullcrap in a long time. Cavendish was trying to take a line that wasn't there. Sagan defended his position the same as Cavendish has done countless times in sprint finishes. Sagan's chicken wing didn't cause the crash. I was hoping Cav would get a win in this Tour, even.
BMSOBx2
7/4/2017 11:29am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2017 11:49am
I agree. I don't think he elbowed him out of the way. It looked more like the elbow came out to maintain his balance after being contacted from behind. Big Cavendish fan & with him & Sagan out because of this is a shame & the Tour is poorer for it.
ocscottie
7/4/2017 11:57am
Michael, did u see him with 100% goggles on the podium the other day?

7/4/2017 1:52pm
Not a fan of this disqualification. I like both riders, hope Cavindish is not seriously hurt. Maybe just take away Sagan sprint points for the day? DQ is too much in my opinion.

The Shop

freeh
7/4/2017 6:09pm
I just watched this and completely disagree that it did not cause the crash. Sagan went over on him and intentionally elbowed him several times. I have not followed the tour in several years, so I have no favorite riders, but I am not a fan of Sagan after that move. Glad he got dq'd.
Lucifa.
7/4/2017 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2017 8:56pm
freeh wrote:
I just watched this and completely disagree that it did not cause the crash. Sagan went over on him and intentionally elbowed him several times. I...
I just watched this and completely disagree that it did not cause the crash. Sagan went over on him and intentionally elbowed him several times. I have not followed the tour in several years, so I have no favorite riders, but I am not a fan of Sagan after that move. Glad he got dq'd.
Sorry but you're wrong. You can clearly see Cav of balance starting to crash and lean over into Sagan's arse. Sagan's reaction was to balance himself which we do with our elbows when sprinting. Sagan's elbow didn't even make contact with cav.

Demare moved off his line causing Sagan to veer to the Right. Cav wasn't getting through that little gap. well he would of if he used his elbows like he normally does lol.

Piss poor decision
APLMAN99
7/4/2017 9:48pm
freeh wrote:
I just watched this and completely disagree that it did not cause the crash. Sagan went over on him and intentionally elbowed him several times. I...
Lucifa. wrote:
Sorry but you're wrong. You can clearly see Cav of balance starting to crash and lean over into Sagan's arse. Sagan's reaction was to balance himself...
Sorry but you're wrong. You can clearly see Cav of balance starting to crash and lean over into Sagan's arse. Sagan's reaction was to balance himself which we do with our elbows when sprinting. Sagan's elbow didn't even make contact with cav.

Demare moved off his line causing Sagan to veer to the Right. Cav wasn't getting through that little gap. well he would of if he used his elbows like he normally does lol.

Piss poor decision
Nobody moved Sagan over except Sagan, nor was Cavendish in the midst of crashing before the elbow.

There's some great overhead footage that adds some great clarity to the ground level videos.

7/4/2017 11:57pm
Karma for Cav. DQ is to much, the first penalty was a good one (80 points taken from him in the green classification and to the last place of the group).
DeStouwer
7/5/2017 1:19am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Nobody moved Sagan over except Sagan, nor was Cavendish in the midst of crashing before the elbow. There's some great overhead footage that adds some great...
Nobody moved Sagan over except Sagan, nor was Cavendish in the midst of crashing before the elbow.

There's some great overhead footage that adds some great clarity to the ground level videos.

Well you can clearly see Démare moving from right to left, blocking Bouhanni and forcing Sagan to change his line. If the French organisation ASO is consistent, they should take away Démare's points aswell, but it's obvious to me Démare has to take the green to Paris.

And for Cavendish, well, I don't wish it for him but he had this coming. In 2013 he caused a major crash for Tom Veelers barging into his steer causing him to crash. Veelers was seriously injured and had to withdraw a few days later. He never became the same cyclist again and Cav didn't even got penalized.
7/5/2017 1:38am
freeh wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:
Sorry but you're wrong. You can clearly see Cav of balance starting to crash and lean over into Sagan's arse. Sagan's reaction was to balance himself...

Piss poor decision
APLMAN99 wrote:
Nobody moved Sagan over except Sagan, nor was Cavendish in the midst of crashing before the elbow. There's some great overhead footage that adds some great...

I have to agree with Lucifa. Especially after watching the overhead footage. The mess started way earlier with Demares move. Decision's a bit harsh imo
71Fish
7/5/2017 3:46am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
I agree. I don't think he elbowed him out of the way. It looked more like the elbow came out to maintain his balance after being...
I agree. I don't think he elbowed him out of the way. It looked more like the elbow came out to maintain his balance after being contacted from behind. Big Cavendish fan & with him & Sagan out because of this is a shame & the Tour is poorer for it.
That's how it looked to me. Without the elbow they both go down.
freeh
7/5/2017 4:31am
Sagan is about middle of the road when Cav starts to make a move for the far right side. So the comment that there was no line for Cav to take is bullshit. Sagan is blocking, which is fine, but he also mildly elbows him once on the way over. Then he elbows him again as he cuts off the line completely. Seemed overly aggressive to me. Maybe the penalty was a bit harsh, but there appeared to be intent to physically impede progress by Sagan's actions in trying to defend his position.
71Fish
7/5/2017 6:04am
I've raced very unsuccessfully, but was a decent sprinter. You can't go balls out and maintain a straight line. You're always blocking and being blocked. Elbows are common and mostly unintentional.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
7/5/2017 8:03am
Some BS.

Post a reply to: Tour de France 2017 - Sagan DQ'd from the Tour...

The Latest