Tour de France

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 6:57am
Stage 2 fixin', to end, gonna be wild,crashing now,
|
hillbilly
7/8/2018 8:32am
Sagan, best rider all around in the world.

Craddock survived the day after the face smash yesterday and broken shoulder blade.

Nighttrain
7/8/2018 1:28pm
Craddock is a tough Texan. Next Sunday’s stage 9 has 21 kilometers of cobbles. That’ll be crazy and I hope Nibali takes significant time from Froome on that day.

71Fish
7/8/2018 8:29pm
I was going to start a TdF thread because after two stages I didn't see one. Viva la France.
Not sure who I like. I think any climber but Froome.
Nighttrain
7/8/2018 10:32pm
I think Froome will win but who knows after doing the Giro d’Italia. I hope Froome doesn’t win. Nibali has fresher legs and the course suits him well. Movistar has 3 GC contenders which is odd. Valverde will unleash some crazy attacks which are always fun to watch. BMC is folding with Porte already signing with Trek for next year. Trying to get his teammates to bury themselves everyday supporting his GC placing will be difficult while they are trying to sort out their own situations for employment.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/9/2018 5:12pm
It'll be interesting to see how long into the tour it'll be before Movistar labels which of the three the real support will be placed behind.

I feel like Porte/BMC has such a low shot at this...I can't see everyone on that team supporting Porte when he already has a deal and many of them don't. I could see a lot of rogue moves so guys there can show what they're made of.

Even with a rough first day, can't count Froome out...

With the teams being shrunk from 9 to 8 riders and some teams already losing guys...being down to 7 guys before you even hit the mountains will suck. Especially if one of those 7 is a sprinter anyhow.
Nighttrain
7/9/2018 7:13pm
ML512 wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how long into the tour it'll be before Movistar labels which of the three the real support will be placed behind...
It'll be interesting to see how long into the tour it'll be before Movistar labels which of the three the real support will be placed behind.

I feel like Porte/BMC has such a low shot at this...I can't see everyone on that team supporting Porte when he already has a deal and many of them don't. I could see a lot of rogue moves so guys there can show what they're made of.

With the teams being shrunk from 9 to 8 riders and some teams already losing guys...being down to 7 guys before you even hit the mountains will suck. Especially if one of those 7 is a sprinter anyhow.
I like the lower rider count if it makes it harder for Sky to control the race everyday. Notice how the Vuelta and Giro races are more entertaining each year because there’s no Sky train at the front setting a killer tempo stage after stage?

Any of us following the sport closely since the ‘90’s have seen it before when the US Postal domestiques would batter the peloton with tempo speeds that dropped even GC contenders on climbs. Watching Sky’s train in each TdF is incredibly identical to US Postal’s team tactics 19 years or so earlier.
7/10/2018 11:11am
ML512 wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how long into the tour it'll be before Movistar labels which of the three the real support will be placed behind...

Nighttrain wrote:
I like the lower rider count if it makes it harder for Sky to control the race everyday. Notice how the Vuelta and Giro races are...
I like the lower rider count if it makes it harder for Sky to control the race everyday. Notice how the Vuelta and Giro races are more entertaining each year because there’s no Sky train at the front setting a killer tempo stage after stage?

Any of us following the sport closely since the ‘90’s have seen it before when the US Postal domestiques would batter the peloton with tempo speeds that dropped even GC contenders on climbs. Watching Sky’s train in each TdF is incredibly identical to US Postal’s team tactics 19 years or so earlier.
exactly. Took me a while hanging out with a bike shop owner friend of mine to fully understand the tactics involved.
Nighttrain
7/11/2018 6:57am
The cameras from the motorcycles can’t really depict the speed these guys are going. During Gesbert’s crash just now he didn’t appear to be traveling at a high speed until he bounced off the dirt bank of the ditch. Then you knew. I’ll post a vid when one is available. The descent tuck he was trying to transition into is one I’ve used many times.

Post a reply to: Tour de France

The Latest