Tom Brady suspension dismissed

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2015 8:27 AM

What a joke.
I wonder what James Stewarts opinion of this is.

|

9/3/2015 8:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2015 8:39 AM

Brady has been getting gifts all year.............

Teflon Tom..............

P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

9/3/2015 8:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2015 9:24 AM

never mind...

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

P wrote:

Teflon Tom..............

P

Lol. That is true.

He KNEW the balls were being intentionally deflated. He made too many moves after the incident to try to cover something up to not know anything about it. I don't care what evidence is brought out, he knew.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove though. That's why he won this one. Gooddell has 3 years to change how his legacy is turning out. I personally think he's done a lot of good things for the sport's finances, but not so much on the PR side of things.

|

And OJ was found innocent as well....

|

9/3/2015 8:45 AM

Good, he's on my fantasy teamtongue

|

9/3/2015 8:52 AM

P wrote:

Teflon Tom..............

P

IWreckALot wrote:

Lol. That is true.

He KNEW the balls were being intentionally deflated. He made too many moves after the incident to try to cover something up to not know anything about it. I don't care what evidence is brought out, he knew.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove though. That's why he won this one. Gooddell has 3 years to change how his legacy is turning out. I personally think he's done a lot of good things for the sport's finances, but not so much on the PR side of things.

There ya go!!

P

|

9/3/2015 8:54 AM

huck wrote:

never mind...

I'm whiter than a saltine cracker buddy.

Brady deserves some kind of punishment.... I don't care if its 1 game.

|

9/3/2015 9:04 AM

huck wrote:

never mind...

And some people love to ignore all the facts in every case so they can play the "white people are being victimized" card. It's as obnoxious and just as dumb as this whole, "everyone's out to get the black man" mentality.

|

9/3/2015 9:08 AM

huck wrote:

never mind...

The Truth Bringer wrote:

And some people love to ignore all the facts in every case so they can play the "white people are being victimized" card. It's as obnoxious and just as dumb as this whole, "everyone's out to get the black man" mentality.

I personally think football is ignorant and a waste of time...so it really has no baring on my life.. I think it's funny when people get all worked up when an 'athlete' gets suspended, and act like it will effect their own personal life. Pathetic.

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

9/3/2015 9:09 AM

Damn, it's funny how Huck smooth that out.............LOL!!!

P

|

9/3/2015 9:14 AM

huck wrote:

never mind...

The Truth Bringer wrote:

huck wrote:

I personally think football is ignorant and a waste of time...so it really has no baring on my life.. I think it's funny when people get all worked up when an 'athlete' gets suspended, and act like it will effect their own personal life. Pathetic.

And yet here you are....
Can't waste the opportunity to make something race related, can you?

|

9/3/2015 9:20 AM

The Truth Bringer wrote:

huck wrote:

The Truth Bringer wrote:

And yet here you are....

Not my fault I speak the truth!!

|

9/3/2015 9:32 AM

huck wrote:

Your "truth" seems to be seen through white tinted lenses.

|

9/3/2015 9:36 AM

The Truth Bringer wrote:

And yet here you are....

huck wrote:

The Truth Bringer wrote:

You're entitled to your opinion.

|

9/3/2015 9:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2015 9:42 AM

huck wrote:

The Truth Bringer wrote:

huck wrote:

And your entitled to yours.
Just stop confusing opinion with fact/truth.

|

9/3/2015 9:43 AM

The Truth Bringer wrote:

huck wrote:

The Truth Bringer wrote:

I wouldn't dream of it.

|

9/3/2015 9:47 AM

huck wrote:

The Truth Bringer wrote:

huck wrote:

I wouldn't dream of it.

I doubt you'd dream anything. You think the last man to have a dream got shot.

|

9/3/2015 9:49 AM

The Truth Bringer wrote:

huck wrote:

I wouldn't dream of it.

The Truth Bringer wrote:

I doubt you'd dream anything. You think the last man to have a dream got shot.

Yes, Jesse Jackson shot and killed that man

|

9/3/2015 10:11 AM

I don't get the whole game suspension thing. Were the fans and the rest of the team at fault? Why fuck them over? Just hit him in the bank account and get on with football.

|

9/3/2015 10:13 AM

He has so much money, a fine would have to be ASTRONOMICAL to mean anything to him.

But missing a game?

That means something.

He cheated. He lied. He obstructed.

He got away with it.

|

9/3/2015 10:24 AM

The ruling had noting to do with TB guilt or innocence, I was based on whether the NFL had the grounds to ban him based on their legal relationship with the players union.

|

9/3/2015 10:27 AM

Shiftfaced wrote:

He has so much money, a fine would have to be ASTRONOMICAL to mean anything to him.

But missing a game?

That means something.

He cheated. He lied. He obstructed.

He got away with it.

So when your brother robs a store, the whole family should be punished?

How does it hurt him to miss a game?

|

9/3/2015 10:32 AM

I don't really know what you are angling for, Borg.

It is a team game, so they all have a responsibility to each other.

Get caught using a performance enhancing drug, you sit. Your teammates are also penalized by your absence.

Get caught abusing substances, you sit. Your teammates are also penalized by your absence.

As a team, they have an obligation to each other.

How does it hurt him to miss a game? He is their QB, arguably the most important position on the field. If he sits, his team has a greater chance of losing a game. Does that loss keep them out of the playoffs?

Also, he is full of pride, and is concerned about his legacy. If he is forced to sit out a game, that will tarnish both.

|

9/3/2015 11:22 AM

Shiftfaced wrote:

I don't really know what you are angling for, Borg.

It is a team game, so they all have a responsibility to each other.

Get caught using a performance enhancing drug, you sit. Your teammates are also penalized by your absence.

Get caught abusing substances, you sit. Your teammates are also penalized by your absence.

As a team, they have an obligation to each other.

How does it hurt him to miss a game? He is their QB, arguably the most important position on the field. If he sits, his team has a greater chance of losing a game. Does that loss keep them out of the playoffs?

Also, he is full of pride, and is concerned about his legacy. If he is forced to sit out a game, that will tarnish both.

OK, I wont argue your theory that the whole team needs to be punished but what about the fans? The people that pay Goodell's salary.

Not angling for anything. I just don't really get the suspension thing. Especially since it could affect the season outcomes of his team as well as others. The win loss column can affect every team in the AFC at the end of the season. We're not talking about 1 game here. It's 4. Is all of that worth it for something that made no difference in the end? Fuck the fans over too? He swatted the Colts away anyway after they fixed the footballs.

The only dog I have in this fight is that I want to see the two best teams in the SB. I don't want a second rate team there because of something as silly as this.
Maybe it's your proximity to Seattle. I don't know. Just a thought.

|

9/3/2015 11:52 AM

The judge didn't say he was innocent. People's opinion of his innocence hasn't changed. The fact that he likely knew and directed them to deflate the balls hasn't change. All the judge did was say that the NFL mishandled and withheld evidence, circumvented the correct process and acted unfairly in their punishment. My opinion is that they court was right even though I think Brady is guilty. This case was about due process and NOT about guilt or innocence.

|

9/3/2015 11:52 AM

Seattle is in the NFC.

New England is in the AFC.

Whether or not New England represents the AFC does not diminish the chances of Seattle representing the NFC.

The guy obstructed, and threw away his phone when the other text messages were found. He is guilty as shit.

The ban was steep because Tom Brady was undermining the sportsmanship of the game.

Oh well. Cheat if you can, I guess.

|

9/3/2015 11:56 AM

At some point, but did you see the Carolina/Patriots pre-season game? I only saw a little bit of him, but he almost threw two picks. The only reason that they weren't picked is because the defender couldn't catch! He looks sharp when it comes to technique, but reads.............I think that he would have gotten eaten alive during the regular season.

P

|

9/3/2015 11:57 AM

Shiftfaced wrote:

Seattle is in the NFC.

New England is in the AFC.

Whether or not New England represents the AFC does not diminish the chances of Seattle representing the NFC.

The guy obstructed, and threw away his phone when the other text messages were found. He is guilty as shit.

The ban was steep because Tom Brady was undermining the sportsmanship of the game.

Oh well. Cheat if you can, I guess.

I think he had them deflated on purpose. But if the league told me to turn over my personal cell phone I would tell them where to shove it.

|

9/3/2015 11:58 AM

I do too. Once he gets a chance to be a starter, I think he's going to have a solid career.

|