Toilets

sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
7/20/2017 10:37am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2017 10:39am
I bought a new Kohler toilet awhile back. The thing is the biggest pile of crap I've ever shit in. Here's why. When it inevitably clogs, the hole at the bottom of the toilet is rectangular shaped. Doesn't seem like it should be an issue, except.... The round toilet plunger will NOT seal against the square edged hole in the bottom of the bowl, so instead of sealing and pushing... "it" through, it squirts up and out. Just a public service announcement. Buy toilets with ROUND holes at the bottom because they don't make a square edged plunger, I've looked. Ok back to my uuh "Problem" Sick
|
JRT812
7/20/2017 10:45am
hahahaha. Thanks for looking out for the community
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
7/20/2017 10:54am
Oh, man. Thats shitty.
JRT812
7/20/2017 11:01am
kzizok wrote:
Oh, man. Thats shitty.
You aren't lying. It's a crock of shit that Kohler would release a product like that.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
7/20/2017 11:06am
"Hey Clark, Shitters Full!"

The Shop

newmann
7/20/2017 11:07am
Toilet?

When the local Lowes first opened they must have flown in a bunch of foreigners...or northerners for the grand opening and to train the local employees. I go in and ask where the toilets are. I get a blank stare. So I ask where the commodes are. Again, another blank stare. So I say "pisser", "shitter", where you take a dump. Oh, he exclaims. You are wanting to know where the water closets are located. This time I throw the blank stare and say, you aren't from around here are you.

I had a Kohler that I bought as part of a matched set for my garage bathroom upstairs. Didn't finish the upstairs for years though and when completed the toilet would bubble and barely flush. It was as if something wasn't cast right. Had it removed, inspected and reinstalled. No improvement. It matched a pedestal sink so I had to go back to Kohler to get another that had a similar design. Works great. So yes, I give Kohler a 50/50 chance of sucking.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
7/20/2017 11:07am
What a pile of crap..
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
7/20/2017 11:48am
kzizok wrote:
Oh, man. Thats shitty.
JRT812 wrote:
You aren't lying. It's a crock of shit that Kohler would release a product like that.
What a shit show.
7/20/2017 12:06pm
bought a new Kohler as well. The elongated style. I have to flush after a poo, then flush after wiping. Hate it.
My 10 yr old daughter goes poo, and it lands on the dry elongated portion.
the flush is so horrible the water doesn't wash the poo down. She had to use a plastic fork to flick off the side into the water. She doesn't use my toilet anymore.

On the flip side, the toilets at my work are old school! You can drop a 4 pound bomb with a massive wad of toilet paper and that sucker will flush clean every time. Impressive.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
7/20/2017 12:09pm
bought a new Kohler as well. The elongated style. I have to flush after a poo, then flush after wiping. Hate it. My 10 yr old...
bought a new Kohler as well. The elongated style. I have to flush after a poo, then flush after wiping. Hate it.
the flush is so horrible the water doesn't wash the poo down. She had to use a plastic fork to flick off the side into the water. She doesn't use my toilet anymore.

On the flip side, the toilets at my work are old school! You can drop a 4 pound bomb with a massive wad of toilet paper and that sucker will flush clean every time. Impressive.
I wouldn't have thought that you use toilets?!
borg
7/20/2017 12:19pm
Congress got involved in toilet design some years back and, like everything else they touch it turned to shit.
JRT812
7/20/2017 1:07pm
bought a new Kohler as well. The elongated style. I have to flush after a poo, then flush after wiping. Hate it. My 10 yr old...

hahaha what a story
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
7/20/2017 1:13pm
Haha I knew you guys would run with that shit. When I installed it there was a flexible piece of plastic that you rolled into a cone shape then installed it between the tank and the bowl, I guess it's supposed to "aim" the flow somehow. It's never been great. I might head over to Hirsch plumbing and pick up the highest gallon using commercial shit sucker they make. I want one like big Hotels have that sound like a 747 taking off and will suck a small animal through. I'm done farting around with this pile. nyuk nyuk... Here's how the bottom is shaped, no way a round plunger comes close to sealing, lame.
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
7/20/2017 1:14pm
oops, forgot the pic, here

Brad460
Fantasy
807th
7/20/2017 1:15pm

Seems we got the same toilets in our new house...Pinch
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
7/20/2017 1:45pm
Here's a PSA about grammar:

The past tense of "shit" is "shat."
Therefore, Sumdood's original post should have read, "The thing is the biggest pile of crap I've ever shat in."

Sorry about your crappy problem, Dood. Carry on.
huck
7/20/2017 1:47pm

It's those fucking enviro freaks that messed it all up. Now the toilets don't flush the same amount of water as the old ones do... You can raise your height adjustment on in your bowl and it might help a little...more water 'woooshing' helps clean the bowl...
newmann
7/20/2017 2:07pm
When we remodeled the bathroom here at work, I bought the water closet that will flush the 16 golf balls. Works pretty good considering how little water it uses.
KMC440
7/20/2017 2:25pm
I heard a while back there's a "black market" of sorts, people driving to Canada to buy their toilets. Apparently you could still get the old school thrones up there.
reded
7/20/2017 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2017 2:57pm
Buy a commercial throne and bolt a chrome Sloan to the backside. Perfect flush every time.

On a side note, we've been looking at apron style sinks for our new kitchen and the Kohlers are priced at around $1k. For a fucking sink? Come on man.
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
7/20/2017 3:10pm
I have some rental properties and one my tenants wanted a more modern toilet in one of the bathrooms,so after negotiating a new lease I agreed to a new toilet,it was about two weeks later she was asking for her old toilet back because she had to flush multiple times as the the old toilet would only take one flush.
Water saver my ass.
newmann
7/20/2017 3:18pm
reded wrote:
Buy a commercial throne and bolt a chrome Sloan to the backside. Perfect flush every time. [img]https://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/67/67226a88-6c66-4352-b28b-edf0a8f7858c_1000.jpg[/img] On a side note, we've been looking at apron...
Buy a commercial throne and bolt a chrome Sloan to the backside. Perfect flush every time.

On a side note, we've been looking at apron style sinks for our new kitchen and the Kohlers are priced at around $1k. For a fucking sink? Come on man.
Where are you looking? We ended up in a high end showroom in Houston when we were doing our kitchen remodel looking at Kohler sinks. Found one I liked but they didn't stock anything. They would have to order and I would have to drive 100 miles back to pick it up!. I took a pic of the model number and ordered it that night off of Build.com along with the drain, strainer baskets and faucet set I wanted all for less than the sink listed for at the store. No sales tax, free shipping and was here in three days.
reded
7/20/2017 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2017 5:19pm
Was it stainless or coated cast iron? The cheapest cast iron Koehler I'm seeing on there is $749 without accessories. I could save some money if she'd go for stainless but apparently it's not gonna happen.
borg
7/20/2017 7:23pm
newmann wrote:
Toilet? When the local Lowes first opened they must have flown in a bunch of foreigners...or northerners for the grand opening and to train the local...
Toilet?

When the local Lowes first opened they must have flown in a bunch of foreigners...or northerners for the grand opening and to train the local employees. I go in and ask where the toilets are. I get a blank stare. So I ask where the commodes are. Again, another blank stare. So I say "pisser", "shitter", where you take a dump. Oh, he exclaims. You are wanting to know where the water closets are located. This time I throw the blank stare and say, you aren't from around here are you.

I had a Kohler that I bought as part of a matched set for my garage bathroom upstairs. Didn't finish the upstairs for years though and when completed the toilet would bubble and barely flush. It was as if something wasn't cast right. Had it removed, inspected and reinstalled. No improvement. It matched a pedestal sink so I had to go back to Kohler to get another that had a similar design. Works great. So yes, I give Kohler a 50/50 chance of sucking.
I just went through a big hassle which included Home Depot, Lowes and Moen. I needed a tub drain flange. I was assaulted by idiots from all sides. I don't expect HD and Lowes to have knowledgeable people but Moen should. But no. Fucking idiots. This kind of crap is getting worse and worse. I went to 2, old school, plumbing stores. More idiots. I even went online to some of the plumber forums. More idiots.

I really enjoy what I do. But this rampant incompetence is making it difficult. It is so rare now that a store clerk will say "I'm not sure, let me get Joe. He knows about that." Instead they give you information that is pure bullshit. Just to give you an answer.

There's a store here called Coast Appliance. They sell parts for household appliances, mostly to repairmen. This has happened to me quite a few times there since I do my own appliance repairs. I walk in the door with some clapped out part in hand, the guy doesn't say a word, he walks into the back area and returns with not only exactly what I need, but the other parts that I am going to need to get this repair done right. It's amazing when you meet up with competence anymore. But it's rare.
Hcallz5
7/20/2017 7:31pm
I have a Kohler 1.6 gal/flush.

You really gotta work to clog that sucker.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
7/20/2017 7:45pm
borg wrote:
I just went through a big hassle which included Home Depot, Lowes and Moen. I needed a tub drain flange. I was assaulted by idiots from...
I just went through a big hassle which included Home Depot, Lowes and Moen. I needed a tub drain flange. I was assaulted by idiots from all sides. I don't expect HD and Lowes to have knowledgeable people but Moen should. But no. Fucking idiots. This kind of crap is getting worse and worse. I went to 2, old school, plumbing stores. More idiots. I even went online to some of the plumber forums. More idiots.

I really enjoy what I do. But this rampant incompetence is making it difficult. It is so rare now that a store clerk will say "I'm not sure, let me get Joe. He knows about that." Instead they give you information that is pure bullshit. Just to give you an answer.

There's a store here called Coast Appliance. They sell parts for household appliances, mostly to repairmen. This has happened to me quite a few times there since I do my own appliance repairs. I walk in the door with some clapped out part in hand, the guy doesn't say a word, he walks into the back area and returns with not only exactly what I need, but the other parts that I am going to need to get this repair done right. It's amazing when you meet up with competence anymore. But it's rare.
Ahhhh the joys of living in a major metropolitan area...we have some hardware stores around here called Handyman. They carry every single thing you could possibly hope never to need. All the little bits and pieces no one else has, and they have people who actually know what you need, even if you don't sometimes.
7/21/2017 5:20am
The shit you people talk about. I installed a new toilet at work a few years ago and this lady would clog it up once a week. Pulled it up and measured the bottom hole where it all goes through. 1 and 3/4 opening. Shit and paper can't pass though that.

Post a reply to: Toilets

The Latest