Tiger should have told...

Spinner
8/10/2009 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2012 8:09pm
.....the PGA to ram rod it up their asses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-woods-criticism&prov=ap&t…

Woods to be fined for criticism of rules official
By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer

CHASKA, Minn. (AP)—Tiger Woods will be fined by the PGA Tour for his public criticism of a rules official after winning the Bridgestone Invitational, a tour official said Monday.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the tour does not publicize fines.

Woods was bothered after his four-shot victory Sunday because he and Padraig Harrington were put on the clock at the par-5 16th. He said that caused Harrington to rush three difficult shots, leading to triple bogey.

European Tour chief referee John Paramor told Woods and Harrington they were being timed.

Woods said he told Harrington after it was over, “I’m sorry that John got in the way of a great battle.”

Paramor said the final pairing was well behind most of the back nine, but officials gave them time to catch up. They were still 17 minutes out of position on the 16th tee, when they were put on the clock.

Woods hooked his tee shot, punched out to 178 yards and hit an 8-iron that stopped a foot from the hole for birdie. From the right trees, Harrington hit a 5-iron to the edge of a bunker, went over the green, then hit a flop shot too hard and into the water. The four-shot swing took the drama from one of the most compelling final rounds of the year.

“I don’t think that Paddy would have hit the pitch shot that way if he was able to take his time, look at it, analyze it,” Woods said. “But he was on the clock, had to get up there quickly and hit it.”

Harrington conceded he was rushed, although he said it would be unfair to give the final group preferential treatment.

Section VI-D in the PGA Tour’s player handbook says, “It is an obligation of membership to refrain from comments to the news media that unreasonably attack or disparage tournaments, sponsors, fellow members, players, or PGA Tour.”
|
Honda_Fan
8/10/2009 8:11pm
I don't understand why the last pairing of the tourney would be given a clock.

The only reason I could think of was TV time.
swizcore
8/10/2009 8:25pm
The PGA is so far out of touch its ridiculous.
Ivan
8/10/2009 8:43pm
Honda_Fan wrote:

Why should they be given all the time they want to agonize over every shot? Nobody else gets that. Play by the same fucking rules everybody else does. My guess is he wont whine about it. He fucked up and he'll accept it.

The Shop

fcr
8/10/2009 8:47pm
I like how they don't comment on fines, but the official commented on it.
MX479Guy
8/11/2009 3:16am
I'm sure a fine isn't gonna hurt Tiger too bad.

He made the comment almost in gest, and he'll be fined. No big deal really.

Same rules for everyone.
Dean
8/11/2009 3:24am
guy's a class act- he's just beaten Padraig, and stands up for him right away
Dean
8/11/2009 3:30am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:27am
Honda_Fan wrote:

Ivan wrote:
Why should they be given all the time they want to agonize over every shot? Nobody else gets that. Play by the same fucking rules everybody...
Why should they be given all the time they want to agonize over every shot? Nobody else gets that. Play by the same fucking rules everybody else does. My guess is he wont whine about it. He fucked up and he'll accept it.
You don't know much about golf, do you? Tiger's galleries are 3,4 times what other guy's are.

They move early and often, causing delays and back offs. They make plenty of exceptions for his stardom. Being in the last group, a little consideration wouldn't have been out of line.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
8/11/2009 5:55am
That was a helluva shot to the green on 16.
Larry
8/11/2009 6:46am
Ivan wrote:
Why should they be given all the time they want to agonize over every shot? Nobody else gets that. Play by the same fucking rules everybody...
The official was from Europe and Harrington apologized to Tiger for the guy being a jerk.
Ivan Tiger could change the name to the TGA and there would not be a damn thing the PGA could do about it.
SEEMEFIRST
8/11/2009 7:50am
Tiger should make the official publicly apologize, or he's taking Nike to Europe. (J/K)

Truth is, Tiger IS the PGA right now. WTF do they feel the need to make an example of their golden egg layer?

If the proof seekers disagree, go look up TV viewership at tourneys with, and without Tiger.
Bob693
8/11/2009 8:25am
Tiger's comment doesn't seem "unreasonable" to me.
Honda_Fan
8/11/2009 9:09am
Honda_Fan wrote:

Ivan wrote:
STFU
Dean
8/11/2009 2:23pm
Tour is backing up already.
Tim Rosaforte wrote an article on Golfworld today, suggesting TWW might have calculated the whole thing. Reason being, to get himself fired up.

When he comes inw/ a chip on his shoulder or any kind of amo, he's unbeatable. Just ask Rory Sabbatini or Stephen Ames
Goride333
8/11/2009 2:37pm
Dean wrote:
guy's a class act- he's just beaten Padraig, and stands up for him right away
Agreed.
sc961
8/11/2009 2:46pm
swizcore wrote:
Ya, one of the most successfull organizations around. Charitable donations, sponsorships abound and way out of touch.

Maybe they should abandon their principles, and rules of old and go with new wave ideas...
Dean
8/11/2009 2:59pm
swizcore wrote:
sc961 wrote:
Ya, one of the most successfull organizations around. Charitable donations, sponsorships abound and way out of touch. Maybe they should abandon their principles, and rules of...
Ya, one of the most successfull organizations around. Charitable donations, sponsorships abound and way out of touch.

Maybe they should abandon their principles, and rules of old and go with new wave ideas...
Yeah, I wouldn't say they are remotely out of touch. This was a gaffe on their part, nothing more.
MX479Guy
8/11/2009 3:05pm
The last group on Sunday on national TV, no way they should be put on a clock. IMO.

Post a reply to: Tiger should have told...

The Latest