Through The Wormhole. No God?

3D
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:38pm
I'm pretty sure that they are trying, in a nice way, to prove there is no God. Like they said in one of the shows, "God is a way to fill in the blanks, but science is proving there really are no blanks". Did anyone catch the episode where they put the "God" helmet on that girl?
Even besides the God shows, it's awesome to watch. Lots of incredibly smart people. I like the black hole theories. Hard to imagine something with infinite density.
|
3D
7/13/2010 6:32am
tcannon521 wrote:
Link?
There is no link. It's a tv show on the Science Channel. It's impressive. They cover something different every week.
In the last show they basically recreated God. They also proved that there was life on Earth and Mars 4.5 billion years ago.
No matter what, people are going to take out of it what they want. I am more of a reality/science kind of guy, but I'm not bashing either side.

The Shop

motogeezer
7/13/2010 8:32am
If they were trying to prove there is no God, they wouldn't have had Morgan Freeman narrate it.Wink
Mr. G
7/13/2010 8:53am
If there was a happy fortuitous occurrence in a sea of ammonia what put the ammonia there to begin with. I can say weather there is a god but something had to start it all. Maybe we did. We are the ones that are here. Can't say for sure.
jmar
7/13/2010 10:41am
3D wrote:
I'm pretty sure that they are trying, in a nice way, to prove there is no God. Like they said in one of the shows, "God...
I'm pretty sure that they are trying, in a nice way, to prove there is no God. Like they said in one of the shows, "God is a way to fill in the blanks, but science is proving there really are no blanks". Did anyone catch the episode where they put the "God" helmet on that girl?
Even besides the God shows, it's awesome to watch. Lots of incredibly smart people. I like the black hole theories. Hard to imagine something with infinite density.
but science is proving there really are no blanks".

Yea right.

Mr. G
7/13/2010 10:57am
The are no blanks there is only one blank and that is the beginning. What started it? Got me, but something had to.
jmar
7/13/2010 11:20am
Mr. G wrote:
The are no blanks there is only one blank and that is the beginning. What started it? Got me, but something had to.
Lot's of blanks when it comes to some of todays science.
3D
7/13/2010 11:21am
Mr. G wrote:
What started it is crazy to think about considering we're talking about an infinite amount of years ago. Hard to get a handle on. 10 to the trillionth power is a large number of years ago, but what was it like 1 year before that, and so on..
Mr. G
7/13/2010 11:41am
Exactly, not infinity but almost. Certainly science is doing a good job of it for the most part except for that pesky beginning question.
TeamGreen
7/13/2010 12:18pm
There's a God Particle in the works; so, where does that leave us? (The Physics community has named it as such).

Funnything: The "Host" is a Christian.
Mr. G
7/13/2010 12:36pm
God Particle?
TeamGreen
7/13/2010 12:38pm
Mr. G wrote:
God Particle?
Yes...it's a CERN kinda thang...yes..."thang"...
3D
7/13/2010 12:58pm
Mr. G wrote:
Exactly, not infinity but almost. Certainly science is doing a good job of it for the most part except for that pesky beginning question.
By saying that it's not infinite, you're saying that there was a specific day it happened. What happened the day before that? Damn that beginning! Science can only prove so much with the limited brain power we have.
Mr. G
7/13/2010 1:05pm
Mr. G wrote:
God Particle?
TeamGreen wrote:
So it is a discovery right?
Mr. G
7/13/2010 1:07pm
Mr. G wrote:
3D wrote:
By saying that it's not infinite, you're saying that there was a specific day it happened. What happened the day before that? Damn that beginning! Science...
By saying that it's not infinite, you're saying that there was a specific day it happened. What happened the day before that? Damn that beginning! Science can only prove so much with the limited brain power we have.
I see what you are saying. What if there is a "before time"?
TeamGreen
7/13/2010 2:30pm
Mr. G wrote:
God Particle?
TeamGreen wrote:
Mr. G wrote:
So it is a discovery right?
"It" is actually one of (If not "the") goal of their new Ubber-Accelerator...

The key to time...etc.

If they can figure out how to "Open" the window...well...that's all they think they need to do.
Rooster
7/13/2010 3:12pm
The name "god" particle is a misnomer. While it would be a huge discovery and would provide proof positive of many theoretical models. It's not and has never been posited as being the key to understanding any sort of deity.

It's simply thought to be the particle that gives everything mass and has never been observed. Kind of like all the people who insist there's a god that nobody's ever observed. Proof of this particle would be as important to physics as the second coming of christ to a theologian.
7/13/2010 3:34pm
I'm a subscriber to the Einstein-Rosen theory that says our universe is the product of a while hole, the back end of a black hole. I believe that was our 'big bang' and that would explain why everything we can see is expanding. Trying to understand the implications of this as it applies to space-time is mind numbing as our universe, in theory, is traveling at the speed of light in relation to what ever the hell else is out there.

Our understanding of time goes out the window when we start looking outside of our planet. Trying to comprehend how old our universe is can really make a guy feel insignificant.

Here is a question for ya: would the discovery of intelligent life dispel the existence of god?
TeamGreen
7/13/2010 3:56pm
TripleFive wrote:
I'm a subscriber to the Einstein-Rosen theory that says our universe is the product of a while hole, the back end of a black hole. I...
I'm a subscriber to the Einstein-Rosen theory that says our universe is the product of a while hole, the back end of a black hole. I believe that was our 'big bang' and that would explain why everything we can see is expanding. Trying to understand the implications of this as it applies to space-time is mind numbing as our universe, in theory, is traveling at the speed of light in relation to what ever the hell else is out there.

Our understanding of time goes out the window when we start looking outside of our planet. Trying to comprehend how old our universe is can really make a guy feel insignificant.

Here is a question for ya: would the discovery of intelligent life dispel the existence of god?
You do realize that this is an implied re-incarnation of a previous universe...?
jmar
7/13/2010 5:06pm
TripleFive wrote:
I'm a subscriber to the Einstein-Rosen theory that says our universe is the product of a while hole, the back end of a black hole. I...

I believe that was our 'big bang' and that would explain why everything we can see is expanding. Trying to understand the implications of this as it applies to space-time is mind numbing as our universe, in theory, is traveling at the speed of light in relation to what ever the hell else is out there.

Why would you have any questions? Science has answered all the questions of the existence of our universe, (cough, cough).

Some who believe everything that come out of the mouths of science, are more of a "true believer" than those who attend a church that dances around with snakes.

I will have more respect for science, when the finally say, "I have no idea" and we are working on this.

motogeezer
7/13/2010 5:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
You do realize that this is an implied re-incarnation of a previous universe...?
7/13/2010 5:43pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Absolutely but I'm not sure I'm picking up what you're putting down.
3D
7/13/2010 8:15pm
Mr. G wrote:
3D wrote:
By saying that it's not infinite, you're saying that there was a specific day it happened. What happened the day before that? Damn that beginning! Science...
Mr. G wrote:
I see what you are saying. What if there is a "before time"?
With my logic, the is no before time. Before time was time.........before the time you speak of.. That's the whole infinite thing to me. There is no before or after time. Time is infinite as much as we can't comprehend that. Let's say time ended, what happens the next day? Same thing.. I feel like a pot head just talking like this......
Mr. G
7/13/2010 8:24pm
Yes I see what you mean. What is time really. Maybe it is an illusion brought on by the movement of particles? Here is an example: Remember when you were young and one day seemed to take an eternity? Don't know how old you are but most people as they age seem to have less time. That is to say they are personally moving at a slower rate and they perceive themselves to have less time. Doesn't that make the clock move slower? Of course not but it does change the illusion.
So to have "no time" you would have to have no movement. Or not. Just an idea. Pardon me but my head just exploded.

Post a reply to: Through The Wormhole. No God?

The Latest